PDA

View Full Version : best 50 gear

azulflame
04-26-2011, 08:14 PM
I am coming up on 50 fast, leveling up every day or two, and I need to know what gear to get. I am currently thinking mystery armor and helm, with keeper staff of cosmos, and maybe the cosmos wand and bracer w/ mystery armor. any suggestions?

Swimmingstar
04-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Well I have a dexchantress :D if you need any help with dex I would say best is death set
:DSWIMMINGSTAR:D

KaotiicxDream
04-26-2011, 11:57 PM
The best for an INT mage is the shadow set with glow stick and creepy doll.. But its very expensive though =/

BlazeMystic
04-27-2011, 04:47 AM
If you don't have a lot of gold, but have plenty of time on your hands - then you could go for the mystery gear or the cyber gear on AO3. The higher end premium level 50 gear is either cosmos items (which is the oldest set) or as KaotilicxDream mentioned the Shadow set. The Shadow set is in my opinion superior to Cosmos, but you get a nice set bonus with the Cosmos II set. Alternatively, you could just save your money and not bother with any of those items and when you start playing BS you could use the items there instead. They are cheap and relatively easy to find and if you get a good combination, then they are probably superior to the shadow items.

Fatpigwarrior
04-27-2011, 04:51 AM
I say for Int,
Mystery Staff, Shadow Helm and Shadow armor, Or shadow set

kamikazees
04-27-2011, 10:48 AM
The best for an INT mage is the shadow set with glow stick and creepy doll.. But its very expensive though =/
This set is hands down the "best" set for an Int mage. It also runs close to 1 million for the full set.

With a little determination, and a lot of hard work, you can get the cyber set from AO3. I did that, and it was free. I got the set at lvl 51, and from running so many bosses, I made about 300k on gold and items. I did them as a pally and wore rift armor, but you could also do them with mystery armor (which I think is the worst set) or with cosmos armor (or even in your khafka armor, but that will be hard).

azulflame
04-27-2011, 07:06 PM
thanks for the info. I would like information on setups that are all-out damage, an armor-based one, and one that balances the two. money and time are not issues.

do not have to be actual sets, just certain gear that all have good stats. and I will probably make a setup where there is a mix.

WhoIsThis
04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
This set is hands down the "best" set for an Int mage. It also runs close to 1 million for the full set.

With a little determination, and a lot of hard work, you can get the cyber set from AO3. I did that, and it was free. I got the set at lvl 51, and from running so many bosses, I made about 300k on gold and items. I did them as a pally and wore rift armor, but you could also do them with mystery armor (which I think is the worst set) or with cosmos armor (or even in your khafka armor, but that will be hard).

Full shadow is significantly better than the cyber set. IIRC, the cyber staff isn't especially great.

@azulflame:

You may want a full set not a mix because of the set bonuses. The full shadow (helm, keeper's armor, creepy doll, and glow stick) gives a nice set bonus and decent survivability. I levelled all the way to 56 on my shadow set and still have it.

Edit:
If you want more info, we need to know what kind of mage are you (pure int, pally, dex-mage) for more recommendations.

azulflame
04-27-2011, 07:34 PM
pure int, only "famous" pink weap I have are two keeper of cosmos staffs, and I also have some looted 50 pinks.

WhoIsThis
04-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Your options are to work towards the shadow set, get the cosmos set, or to stay with what you have until you get to the sewer gear.

azulflame
04-28-2011, 07:13 PM
almost 47, dying to get to 48 to get in caves and sewers

If I can handle the caves pre-update at 43, then i can defiantly handle them post-update at 46. why was the min level so strict?

Lowlyspy
04-29-2011, 03:53 PM
if ur a pally i highly recommend the sword and shield rift set, from wat ive seen it has the best set bonus (adds the most variety) plus it has some pretty good health regen and moderate mana regen.

EDIT- oh haha, didnt see u say u were pure int :P

WhoIsThis
04-29-2011, 07:55 PM
almost 47, dying to get to 48 to get in caves and sewers

If I can handle the caves pre-update at 43, then i can defiantly handle them post-update at 46. why was the min level so strict?

I wouldn't worry about that - I'd recommend staying in A03 until 53. People will boot you on sight if you are not 50 - often if you are not 55.

Biuzi
05-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Shadow For Pure INT
Or for Dex/INT use Death set aka seniteles set.

Pandamoni
05-02-2011, 01:46 AM
If gold isn't an issue then I'd suggest shadow w doll and glow stick.

I used my shadow gear up to 55 and it did great.

Shanda Renee
05-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Hello! First post here. Sorry to necro a dead thread but I need suggestions for pure INT mage no money but with a lot of time.
I am 49 and close to 50...

NoKkkab
05-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Hello! First post here. Sorry to necro a dead thread but I need suggestions for pure INT mage no money but with a lot of time.
I am 49 and close to 50...

If you have no money and lots of time, I recommend skipping 50 set or get cyber set quick and just go for 55 ASAP. 55, you don't need expensive sets like fury fighter or MM set. There are plenty cheap and good items.

Shanda Renee
05-14-2011, 02:05 PM
If you have no money and lots of time, I recommend skipping 50 set or get cyber set quick and just go for 55 ASAP. 55, you don't need expensive sets like fury fighter or MM set. There are plenty cheap and good items.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am still fairly new to the game. I just started playing a month ago.
So forgive me, how do I get the "cyber set" and where. Thank you again.

azulflame
05-14-2011, 02:19 PM
talk to the NPC in the CTK shadow room, random spawn. might not show up. take the quests, must take one at a time. order:

robe
helm
staff
wand
doll

might have doll and wand backwards

Ayrilana
05-14-2011, 03:06 PM
talk to the NPC in the CTK shadow room, random spawn. might not show up. take the quests, must take one at a time. order:

robe
helm
staff
wand
doll

The wand isn't part of the quests.

If you're going for defense then the shadow set is the best. If it's offense then it's the Keeper Enchantress set.

Shanda Renee
05-14-2011, 03:35 PM

robe
helm
staff
wand
doll

Thank you very much for the info!
I always wondered what that guy was there for.

The wand isn't part of the quests.

If you're going for defense then the shadow set is the best. If it's offense then it's the Keeper Enchantress set.

I was under the impression Shadow was expensive, I am rich on time not money but with that said,
Depending on the team I on, I like to have different sets for different situations.
While I prefer the support role of healing/reving and buffing/debuffing.
Sometimes I find that I am more useful helping with damage output with AOEing.
So could you please tell me how to obtain the keeper enchantress set.
Thank you in advance!

Register
05-14-2011, 04:07 PM
it depends...
I say this to everybody who asks "what armor should I wear"
If you want Crit then use the mastermind set personally when i get 50, im getting mastermind set because with it you get a total of 94 crit if you use level 6 blessing.
If you want super high m/s use mega mage i dont think you should because you will have like 38 ms i think which is very unneeded unless you solo a ton of mobs with level 6 magic shield

Ayrilana
05-14-2011, 07:40 PM
I was under the impression Shadow was expensive, I am rich on time not money but with that said,
Depending on the team I on, I like to have different sets for different situations.
While I prefer the support role of healing/reving and buffing/debuffing.
Sometimes I find that I am more useful helping with damage output with AOEing.
So could you please tell me how to obtain the keeper enchantress set.
Thank you in advance!

I think the shadow set is about 1 mil and the only difference I could see between the two was the armor. It's not really worth it IMO since BS oranges/greens are better and only cost like 900 a piece. Crush the Keeper is faster XP until 53 and you'll want to use a staff for extra damage making shadow not that necessary. At 50 you should be able to heal, rev, buff, debuff, and do AOE all at the same time. Before I sold off all my gear, I was using an attack set up with a staff and a defense set up with a wand/bracer.

Keeper Enchantress set has the Jacob's Helmet of the Cosmos, Mirage Robe of the Cosmos, and Keeper's Staff of the Cosmos. I often use defense elixirs until I realized that I could mix and match sewer greens/oranges to have the same damage while giving me more armor.

It's really up to the player to decide what they want to use.

Shanda Renee
05-15-2011, 02:57 PM
I think the shadow set is about 1 mil and the only difference I could see between the two was the armor. It's not really worth it IMO since BS oranges/greens are better and only cost like 900 a piece. Crush the Keeper is faster XP until 53 and you'll want to use a staff for extra damage making shadow not that necessary. At 50 you should be able to heal, rev, buff, debuff, and do AOE all at the same time. Before I sold off all my gear, I was using an attack set up with a staff and a defense set up with a wand/bracer.

Keeper Enchantress set has the Jacob's Helmet of the Cosmos, Mirage Robe of the Cosmos, and Keeper's Staff of the Cosmos. I often use defense elixirs until I realized that I could mix and match sewer greens/oranges to have the same damage while giving me more armor.

It's really up to the player to decide what they want to use.

Great - I am using that cosmos set as we speak.
My mana bar never moves even when I am spam dualing (healing & AOE) in Victory Lap.
Thank you for the advice. I will keep with it until I can get to Bandit Boys at 53!

Register
05-15-2011, 09:19 PM
actually now i deleted my int mage to create a dex mage because i didnt feel like spending 2p on a respec but now i regret it.. but im going for raid roach for 100 crit to double my damage