PDA

View Full Version : Offline Version of the Game

Whirlzap
04-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Maybe allow a like a private offline version of the game where you can't access online stuff like join games or PVP or auction but you can host a private game and farm?
This would be so awesome considering the time I spend sitting in a bus waiting one hour to get to my school.

Moogerfooger
04-26-2011, 08:30 PM
All of your account data is kept on the server.....if you were offline, you wouldn't be able to pull up your characters. Not to mention all the maps are stored on the server, as far as I know :)

azulflame
04-26-2011, 08:37 PM
All of your account data is kept on the server.....if you were offline, you wouldn't be able to pull up your characters. Not to mention all the maps are stored on the server, as far as I know :)

no duh, but what I think that he is trying to get at includes a seperate app with all information downloaded, where no connection is needed

I just bring my charger to school and charge it during 3/4, 5, and 7 periods

I play during bus ride to school, 1, 3/4, 6, bus ride home

Whirlzap
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Some people don't have at and t wireless and stuff like that.
It's usually based on getting a network at home, and like I said being able to download your game info protected by your UDID would be epic.

shmoo
04-26-2011, 09:00 PM
It would be taxing on the device to have all that info stored in it. Maybe if we have more powerful devices (i.e. Motorola's Dual Core phone?) in the future it would be possible to have an offline version where all data related to you and also map data can be stored in your mobile device, and then later be "synchronized" to the online server once you have your WiFi connection available.

For now I am guessing that it would totally slow down the mobile device.

Whirlzap
04-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't even car.
It's worth it!:)

Moogerfooger
04-26-2011, 09:20 PM
The instant they allowed account data to be downloaded to the phone, it is hackable. Not gonna happen :)

shmoo
04-26-2011, 09:42 PM
The "car" almost fooled me until I realized it was missing an "e" lol.

@Moog
Yeah, true dat yo~!

Wrap
04-26-2011, 10:14 PM
I think the app would be to large, considering the data is stored online...wouldnt be possible =/

Thasaint
04-26-2011, 10:35 PM
The instant they allowed account data to be downloaded to the phone, it is hackable. Not gonna happen :)

Exactly. If the data is stored on the phone/ipod while offline, and then transfered online, im sure people would find a way to hack it, which would ruin the game.

Ladylove
04-26-2011, 11:02 PM
This IS a cool idea, but I don't think it would work either...

Sigkill
04-26-2011, 11:41 PM
I got to number 6 on the NOVA leader-boards by hacking the game..... If PL decides to store date on the phone, a few tricks with Ifile and some simple sshing can ruin the game for everyone...

KaotiicxDream
04-26-2011, 11:54 PM
If there should be an offline server all data will be needed to be saved on the SD card or directly on the phone ..

I won't think of how much they fill :/

KaotiicxDream
04-26-2011, 11:55 PM
I got to number 6 on the NOVA leader-boards by hacking the game..... If PL decides to store date on the phone, a few tricks with Ifile and some simple sshing can ruin the game for everyone...

Ur a HACKER!!!!!

Ayrilana
04-27-2011, 01:33 AM
I know Diablo 2 could easily be hacked and it was stored on the client computer. I doubt this would be any different even if it is on a mobile phone.