PDA

View Full Version : Singe vs Samael vs Maridos vs Toor

xlRaidenlx
07-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Which of these arcane pets are better for a sorcerer? Cus I don't really know which one to choose since all of them has their own advantages. :)
(For PvP)

Overweightank
07-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Which of these arcane pets are better for a sorcerrer? Cus I don't really know which one to choose since all of them has their own advantages. :)

-Outloud

Maridos all 3 classes :)

Tank: PVP Amazing for clash / PVE , generally best one there.

Rogue: PVP Sam is really good too. I don't rogue so you need to pick between maridos or sam.

Mage: Maridos (although some Mages claim singe is better for their class)

xlRaidenlx
07-13-2015, 04:09 PM
Maridos all 3 classes :)

Tank: PVP Amazing for clash / PVE , generally best one there.

Rogue: PVP Sam is really good too. I don't rogue so you need to pick between maridos or sam.

Mage: Maridos (although some Mages claim singe is better for their class)
Oh, thank you. Much appreciated. [emoji4]

Oursizes
07-13-2015, 04:16 PM
No. Get pet dependin on your class.. For tank you should get singe as the extra hp and dmg reduc will help you survive better in elites(also singe stun). For rogue get maridos, 'nuff said. For mage singe or maridos is fine. Toor is not worth it right now, and samael is mainly a pvp pet though the banish can be nice in new elites.

xlRaidenlx
07-13-2015, 05:43 PM
No. Get pet dependin on your class.. For tank you should get singe as the extra hp and dmg reduc will help you survive better in elites(also singe stun). For rogue get maridos, 'nuff said. For mage singe or maridos is fine. Toor is not worth it right now, and samael is mainly a pvp pet though the banish can be nice in new elites.
Okay. Thank you. :) Which one will help me survive longer tho? Singe or Maridos? [emoji46]

coldheart
07-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Maridos for sorcerers.the hp will help u survive longer and of course the aa is so good for the team.

Overweightank
07-13-2015, 06:48 PM

Maridos is much better for tank than Singe. Getting past that 250hp is easy because Maridos has Banish, Same AA as singe but without stun. You get more pet damage. Maridos has more crit. (Crit is very useful for tanks due to big mobs and arena, ofc PvP crit is very important)

Overall Singe is a good pet no doubt. But Maridos would be a much better choice for Elites. Survival (meaning what will give you most Hp and Armor, Singe) but if you wanna be a more useful tank and get more PT's and do runs faster; Maridos.

Oursizes
07-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Maridos is much better for tank than Singe. Getting past that 250hp is easy because Maridos has Banish, Same AA as singe but without stun. You get more pet damage. Maridos has more crit. (Crit is very useful for tanks due to big mobs and arena, ofc PvP crit is very important)

Overall Singe is a good pet no doubt. But Maridos would be a much better choice for Elites. Survival (meaning what will give you most Hp and Armor, Singe) but if you wanna be a more useful tank and get more PT's and do runs faster; Maridos.

For new elites it certainly is better for a tank to have singe. Most mages and rogues with arcane pets have a maridos. 2 maridos aa will not stack. Singe and maridos aa stacks. Also singe+mage firebal can be a pretty nice stunlock which lets rogues play safer. With new elites having every mob 1hit,id play safer and have the run be like a min or 2 longer rather than use an ankh each pull(overexaggeration you know what i mean though). Also correct if in wrong but without aa doesnt singe give more hp? But in the end maridos has the better buff with aa yes. But maridos is far too common,more than singe users. By the way tanks are generally invited to parties to hold aggro, not try to outdamage a rogue or mage. So i dont really see where youre going with the whole 10% crit idea.
To the OP, since youre a mage get a maridos as crit will help with your damage over time skills as well as lightning. The maridos aa if you rotate with 2 maridos on team means a nonstop buff throughout the whole elite run if done properly.

Energizeric
07-13-2015, 08:21 PM
I think for an end game mage Samael is the best (except for Nekro). Forget about the stats of the happiness bonus, Samael has a passive healing and mana regen effect that is way OP compared to that of any other pet. It allows you to run PvP without using healing skill, which then allows you to use a 3rd attack skill instead, which gives you a big advantage.

Alhuntrazeck
07-13-2015, 08:51 PM
PvP Samael, PvE Maridos.

Ofc Nekro is better in both respects though.

Xorrior
07-13-2015, 09:40 PM
Singe v Maridos ? As a mage if gold is an issue go for the cheapest one :)

Toor is a complete fail as an arcane pet which is a shame. I predicted it would be a failure of arcane proportions when it's sneak peak info came out. If it had a good sized AoE root ability while the fissures came into affect that would be awesome.
Fissures are too tame along with its general stats.

VenomsChaos
07-13-2015, 10:19 PM
i am prefering singe because of stun. Singe + clock + fire + ice. Makes me stun mobs almost all the time. So party safety. But from other side mari cool to.

i think its depend what you need.

Visiting
07-13-2015, 10:32 PM
I think for an end game mage Samael is the best (except for Nekro). Forget about the stats of the happiness bonus, Samael has a passive healing and mana regen effect that is way OP compared to that of any other pet. It allows you to run PvP without using healing skill, which then allows you to use a 3rd attack skill instead, which gives you a big advantage.

So you're saying that meager healing that isn't always active is superior to the HUGELY superior stats that the other pets give you? How does a passive heal help if you're always dead?

xnorwayx
07-14-2015, 08:26 AM
Guys, Outloud is lvl 31 PvP beast :) I don't think he need pve pet :)
Out, Personally I would prefer Singe becouse of hp, primary stat and aa :)

Excuses
07-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Nekro for 1st place for sure. If you time we'll, you could be un-stunable.
If it's only for pvp, I'll say Sam too for its passive heals and panic. Or Maridos for 3rd choice.

Maridos is good for pve with banish. Armor buff and stat will be helpful in pvp but no panic.
Singe is OK too but no panic. And Maridos is overall better than singe.
Toor is just broken.

Stat bonus is good but not deadly significant unless you are low level twink. Even on twink I like sam tho. Personally preference.

Energizeric
07-14-2015, 10:49 AM
So you're saying that meager healing that isn't always active is superior to the HUGELY superior stats that the other pets give you? How does a passive heal help if you're always dead?

Samael also has an awesome AA which stuns 90% of the time. That too is very helpful. I don't find that I'm always dead, I find that I'm able to kill others very fast with 3 attack skills.

Serancha
07-14-2015, 11:07 AM

Samael was the top pet available for over a year and a half because of that passive regen and panic AA. Especially for pvp, especially for rogues. There is a lot to be said for practically endless mana when you stack up a pile of Sams. However, a dogpile of VB warriors does it even better.

There are better pets now, especially for PvE (which I have never liked Sam for). Maridos is excellent. I find there are getting to be too many necros around at this time, and since I hate having to constantly watch for other shields to disperse then count down until it can be activated, I generally prefer using Mari for that reason.

I think arcane pets are pretty similar for all classes at this time. I also use singe on mage and love it.

FluffNStuff
07-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Samael was the top pet available for over a year and a half because of that passive regen and panic AA. Especially for pvp, especially for rogues. There is a lot to be said for practically endless mana when you stack up a pile of Sams. However, a dogpile of VB warriors does it even better.

There are better pets now, especially for PvE (which I have never liked Sam for). Maridos is excellent. I find there are getting to be too many necros around at this time, and since I hate having to constantly watch for other shields to disperse then count down until it can be activated, I generally prefer using Mari for that reason.

I think arcane pets are pretty similar for all classes at this time. I also use singe on mage and love it.

I have always found Singe best for ~easy~ elites but nothing could touch Sam in the really tough maps. His banish AA works out to 10% of the mobs health/mobs armor, so against harder elite mobs it really ramps up (Easy example, a basic elite mob might have 10,000 health and 40% armor, so it would take 16,666 damage to wipe it out, so banish would work out 1,666 damage * number of mobs hit (This is an average).). His other attack is a spreading poison. Against easy elites, the mobs are well, dead to quick to spread so it is not noticed unless it is against high health/high armor mobs.
A factor that could affect this is elite mobs that are immune to banish. If that becomes the norm, he would go right to the bargain bin.

As for Maridos, he has a 1% chance to banish on his passive. Sam's AA activates at 10% every 22 seconds. Assuming for a moment Maridos passive strikes the same number of Mobs as Sam's active, Maridos would have to ~swing~ once every 2 seconds to get the same effect. It would be interesting to test Maridos banish vs Sam's banish. Nekro also has banish on his AA, though I do not know the rate.

Visiting
07-14-2015, 01:40 PM
Samael also has an awesome AA which stuns 90% of the time. That too is very helpful. I don't find that I'm always dead, I find that I'm able to kill others very fast with 3 attack skills.

The Stun on the AA is almost useless these days at endgame because EVERY class has a stun immunity and Nekro is everywhere...

Shackler
07-16-2015, 09:33 AM
well i can say samael as a stubborn samael lover lol. samael is op. people says, samael's AA is useless when there is a nekro in the opposite team bla bla bla... thats their problem. if they cant focus on enemy dps', ally dps', team's health bars, enemy's nekro shield etc etc at the same time, thats their problem lol. my sam is still op because i ALWAYS cast its AA at the right time and its gg. you can think about singe too. it has nice stats and a cool buff pet. i cant say something about toor because we didnt test it in a clash yet. but about maridos.... LOL.. there is a FREE legendary version of maridos.. its called VALKIN.. just kill elite inan and its yours. dont forget valkin gives you and your team a lot of mana and mana regen too

Prkwydrive
12-24-2015, 07:33 PM
hi. Im new to AL. Im here bc im saving for my first arcane pet, and i need help with some of these abbreviations and words. Here is my list ^_^
AoE- ik irrelavlent, but want to know
AA panic
Banish
Vb warrior?
If you have more please let me know.
Much thanks.

Froxanthar
12-24-2015, 08:28 PM
You should just make a new thread on AL Pets section instead of necroing an old thread.