PDA

View Full Version : New Bear Skill??

NECROREAPER
04-27-2011, 02:36 AM
I was just thinking, what if we bears had a new skill called like 'Steadfast' or something that allows us the chance to have 1 HP remaining after a should-have-been death dealing blow? I thought of this especially because we bears dont really have anything to keep us alive when were in the enemy's face bashing on it (edit*: other than pots or mages but we all know those aren't always reliable :D )

It could work like 15% of the time you would get the proc or whatever it may be and the skill lasts for 5 seconds or somthing like that. If you should have died from a hit you will have survived with 1 HP and can pot heal/be maged healed to prevent dying. Thats IF you get the 15% (or whatever percent it may be). It could also be upgradeable to like 25% and for up to 7 seconds just to keep things fair, I mean, were tanks, but we shouldnt be indesctructable.

What a twist that would bring on PvP games too when that bear somehow survives the nuke/blast shot and Super mega slashes your face :cool:

Just an idea, but a pretty good one I think

JaytB
04-27-2011, 03:03 AM
If you buff your dodge (2x taunt + evade), together with combination of royal items (8% dodge) and fury items (6% dodge), you actually CAN survive most deadly attacks. Heck, for the short while, when it's maxed, you can even dodge gurgox' farts most of the times. Sounds very similar to what you're suggesting, if I understood you correctly :)

NECROREAPER
04-27-2011, 03:44 AM
Nah I mean I know that you're basically 'invincible' for a little while when fully buffed but this skill would be a safeguard for when the SHTF.
There we go, another name for the skill, 'Safeguard'

I've dodged a couple of the gurg splurges fully buffed haha, but I usually just die and let the mages take the orb to rez after.

Slush
04-27-2011, 04:09 AM
How about it becomes a passive skill, and depending on the skill level, the chance of succession rises? I like the idea, bears shouldn't get one-shotted by a critical hit fire trap in the Sewers. The devs are working on a skill revamp, all we can do is wait and see.

Ellyidol
04-27-2011, 04:12 AM
It'd definitely be interesting to see a new skill for bears.

Slush, where did you hear theyre doing a skill revamp? :)

Slush
04-27-2011, 04:17 AM
It'd definitely be interesting to see a new skill for bears.

Slush, where did you hear theyre doing a skill revamp? :)

Ages ago I remember assomers said it. Probably cannned now, along with PL coming to PC.

NECROREAPER
04-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Maybe it could even be an armor bonus?

Imagine how much havoc it would wreak on mages/birds in PvP hahaha

Ellyidol
04-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Ages ago I remember assomers said it. Probably cannned now, along with PL coming to PC.

Oh, alright, I thought I missed something :) Thanks!

Zeus
04-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Honestly, I think bears should have a skill that allow the break-ability of the mana shield. Elf are just too powerful for them with high armor, heal, and almost never ending mana. :)

Ellyidol
04-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Honestly, I think bears should have a skill that allow the break-ability of the mana shield. Elf are just too powerful for them with high armor, heal, and almost never ending mana. :)

That would DEFINITELY be interesting :p

Nightarcher
04-27-2011, 09:07 AM

I agree, but not something like Beckon, Stomp, or Hellscream. It has to be something with low range that's not used a lot so it takes skill to win.

NECROREAPER
04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Well that'd make keeper runs a heck of a lot faster if you don't kill him before first shield.

Ellyidol
04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Well that'd make keeper runs a heck of a lot faster if you don't kill him before first shield.

But nothing other than time affects keeper's shield, it's only OL's shield that Blast Shot takes down. :p