PDA

View Full Version : Few rude names cropping up

Zodiac
04-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Just a note, seen at least three obscene names pop up on newer characters.

I think the obscenity filter works on spacial text, but I think people get a bit inventive with character names sadly.

Could we tighten this up a bit, as it would be a shame to let the immature silly player ruin the great fun I am having with my friends and kids, thanks!

Justg
04-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Please report rude names to support -at- spacetimestudios.com. If they are in violation of our profanity policy they (and their devices) will be banned. Forever.

Reisclef
04-12-2010, 01:31 AM
Strict, but effective. Great idea!

(Best non-rude name I've seen is an enchantress with the name IAMADUDE.) Hehe.

dveight
04-12-2010, 11:13 PM
personally i think it is sad that you can have your game ruined by someones screen name

Rambogesus
04-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Well today I was just banned and I can't figure out why my screen ned are (25 warrior) rambogeus ,(Mage)original , (archer) damages. I did not think Rambogesus got hit by ban scanner but I would like to know if a ban cam be apealed. Is there a soltion?

Flyingcookie
04-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Would you consider milkturbine as a rude nickname? People keep telling me it's eew... But i didn't mean it to sound that way, i find it just kind of funny a bit like flyingcookie =P

Raiya
04-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Please report rude names to support -at- spacetimestudios.com. If they are in violation of our profanity policy they (and their devices) will be banned. Forever.

I don't play Pocket Legends (have no device capable). But I have played online for about 12 years now. I think it's great to see a company take a firm stance on these things. I wish more companies did.

I'm still waiting for Blackstar and EoN. I'm glad to see that Spacetime Studios is willing to make sure they keep a decent community.

Banned
04-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Getting upset over someone's screen name seems a little... stupid.

Soapy
04-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm not going to defend my choice of name here. It was totally out of line, and I recognize that.

I just think the punishment is a bit harsh. Banning the device (THE harshest punishment you can mete out) because someone used an inappropriate name seems extreme. Punishment of some kind is totally understandable; banning an account is even understandable. But device ban seems a bit harsh.

Maybe I've been spoiled by Blizzard and their policy enforcement. I dunno.

Justg
04-14-2010, 08:28 AM
We're still working out our CS policies. We want to send a strong message that being rude to people will absolutely not be tolerated. That being said, please PM me or email support -at- spacetimestudios.com if you have been banned and would like to talk about it.