View Full Version : Arcane Ring + Para Gem = ???

Energizeric
07-16-2015, 12:27 AM
So today my Arcane Ring is finally crafted. And I have a para gem sitting in my stash waiting for it. However, it was suggested to me that I could probably sell the para gem separately for far more than I could pay to trade my clean Arcane Ring for an Arcane Ring with a para gem already on it.

A quick look around the auction shows that items with para gems sell for less than the cost of the item plus the para gem. Basically the parts cost more than the sum. I guess this is because you cannot remove the para gem.

Anyway, does this also hold true for the Arcane Ring? Because I posted in the traders forum, and the couple of PMs I received indicate people are looking for the full cost of the para gem, and there does not seem to be any discount. If not then I will just use my para gem on my Arcane Ring.

Any thoughts?

Wazakesy
07-16-2015, 12:40 AM
Hmm...if youre looking for gold - sell it off. If you want to use the para gem, add it onto the ring for extra damage boost.

Robhawk
07-16-2015, 12:45 AM
Hey Eric,

the arcane ring will be the best ring through this season. The set-bonus of new myth gear probably wont exceed it... so the best item to put a para gem on is for sure the arcane ring.

The main question is: Do you need gold or not? If not ring + para, if yes -> sell the para. ;)

You could also sell the para, sell your gun and buy a weapon with a para in it because it doesnt matter which of your items has the para... except the possibility for new L46 weapons and that your para weapon is outdated then...

The conclusion: You only can do it wrong in the long term! ;)

Kingofninjas
07-16-2015, 12:58 AM
Hey ener. I have both bought a para gem alone, and traded a clean ring + gold to para ring and vice versa. I do not think it will make much difference in price if you craft it and then sell or sell it separately. It is honestly a matter of finding the right buyer or seller. If I were you, I would go ahead and craft it in your ring, and keep it till you find a buyer.

If you want exact numbers pm me and I'll be happy to share some of my transactions in pm.

*Note: What I said about price only holds true for arcane ring. If you are considering putting it in any other item, the value will exponentially drop.

Candylicks
07-16-2015, 07:11 AM
Just para your own ring. Keep it simple.

Spell
07-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Hey ener if i were you id save that bad boy and craft it into a n upcoming lvl 46 wep. Who knows why sooooo many shards are being released. Like sts have said in a diff thread they monitor all arcane drops.why have they let shards drop to 1m in value :O?its always a gamble u just gotta take the risk or not.

twoxc
07-16-2015, 10:23 AM
para gem alone is worth 5-10m depend on buyer and those willing to pay. arcane ring alone is worth 6-8mil. if you insert a para in a ring. I'm not sure if it will increase the value of the ring by the value of the para gem, in all the case I come across lol having a gem in any item does not always add the exact value of the gem cost to the item itself.

so if you in need of gold. sell the para by itself or save it for future reference.

Serancha
07-16-2015, 10:40 AM
I don't understand why people would be putting 7 million gold gems in an item on its last season. It's already lasted 2 seasons, and arcanes are only supposed to be top for 3.

The new mythic ring will likely be slightly less, but when you add in the set bonus, the overall stats should be slightly better than the current arcane ring / planar pendant combination.

In any case any decisions should wait until after the new mythic set is released.

Edward Coug
07-16-2015, 10:57 AM
Would be nice if u cud unsocket gems like jewels.

That way para gems stay in circulation... Personally have 4 para gems on me. 2 unused like a nab

That would be good. And if they could multiply overtime in your stash, like rabbits.

illwilly
07-16-2015, 12:40 PM
So today my Arcane Ring is finally crafted. And I have a para gem sitting in my stash waiting for it. However, it was suggested to me that I could probably sell the para gem separately for far more than I could pay to trade my clean Arcane Ring for an Arcane Ring with a para gem already on it.

A quick look around the auction shows that items with para gems sell for less than the cost of the item plus the para gem. Basically the parts cost more than the sum. I guess this is because you cannot remove the para gem.

Anyway, does this also hold true for the Arcane Ring? Because I posted in the traders forum, and the couple of PMs I received indicate people are looking for the full cost of the para gem, and there does not seem to be any discount. If not then I will just use my para gem on my Arcane Ring.

Any thoughts?

U like gold right?;) wait until lev 46 weapon and gem that, sell as one of few 46 items with para for a fortune. If a friend didnt need mine, thats what i would do...

twoxc
07-16-2015, 12:43 PM
U like gold right?;) wait until lev 46 weapon and gem that, sell as one of few 46 items with para for a fortune. If a friend didnt need mine, thats what i would do...

the tricky thing about that is. if a new 46 weapon come and cost 10-15m and you put a para in it, it probably won't sell for 20-25m xD only the filthy rich willing pay that amount for a para for that little damage like myself but yea you can gamble it out. like I said before you won't get the full value of a para if it is on an item. if arcane ring is at 7m now does arcane ring with 3 para become 22m? making each para 5m a piece. not many will even pay for that. offer will probably be around 15m and that considering too high.

it's the same thing with EYE gem and that is tradable. If you put 3 eyes which are 2m each in a level 46 weapon it won't add 6mil value to the weapon xD especially if weapon goes for 10m. everyone will always try to buy anything for cheap first before deciding what gem or jewel goes on it.

just my two cents lol

boljackz
07-16-2015, 01:04 PM
do u think that para gem will be availble agin this nov event?

Kingofninjas
07-16-2015, 01:08 PM
I don't understand why people would be putting 7 million gold gems in an item on its last season. It's already lasted 2 seasons, and arcanes are only supposed to be top for 3.

The new mythic ring will likely be slightly less, but when you add in the set bonus, the overall stats should be slightly better than the current arcane ring / planar pendant combination.

In any case any decisions should wait until after the new mythic set is released.

STS announced that they mythic ring and amulet will be class specific, so it will be severely lacking in terms of health and mana. The set is also 4 piece, and we saw a picture of armour and helm, so that leaves belts, rings and amulets. Only 2 of them will be part of the glintstone set. Since there is a lvl 43 crate belt, I am inclined to believe that a belt will be part of the 46 set. Which then leaves one piece between ring and amulet. It's all a gble, but I would go ahead and socket it into your ring of I were you.

twoxc
07-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Put it on my belt, i'm willing to pay 4mil and give you an excellence finesse jewel lol.

Edward Coug
07-16-2015, 01:21 PM
STS announced that they mythic ring and amulet will be class specific, so it will be severely lacking in terms of health and mana. The set is also 4 piece, and we saw a picture of armour and helm, so that leaves belts, rings and amulets. Only 2 of them will be part of the glintstone set. Since there is a lvl 43 crate belt, I am inclined to believe that a belt will be part of the 46 set. Which then leaves one piece between ring and amulet. It's all a gble, but I would go ahead and socket it into your ring of I were you.

It's been confirmed that the myth set is helmet, armor, ring, and amulet. No belt. My guess is that a level 46 myth belt will be a locked crate drop.

I, too, am of the belief that the arcane ring and planar pendant will be superior to those of the new set, but we'll have to wait and see.

Kumsaati
07-16-2015, 01:25 PM
Lol theres funny answers.Para gem worth 5m atm.Lets think Your item worth 5m too idk price well of arcane ring.If you sell 2 of them you will get 10m.If you add para gem to your ring it will worth max 7-8m.It NEVER worth more than Para+Arcane ring If it worth ppl can buy no crafted para+ arcane ring abd craft their own easly lol.So sell your para and arcane ring and buy para gem A ring if you need. [Basic Answer:Sell para gem and Arcane ring dont craft it] [emoji14]

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

twoxc
07-16-2015, 01:26 PM
It's been confirmed that the myth set is helmet, armor, ring, and amulet. No belt. My guess is that a level 46 myth belt will be a locked crate drop.

I, too, am of the belief that the arcane ring and planar pendant will be superior to those of the new set, but we'll have to wait and see.

fibus had mention and confirm sort of saying "Arcane ring and Ancient planar pendant will VERY LIKELY still be best in it's category"

illwilly
07-16-2015, 02:06 PM
the tricky thing about that is. if a new 46 weapon come and cost 10-15m and you put a para in it, it probably won't sell for 20-25m xD only the filthy rich willing pay that amount for a para for that little damage like myself but yea you can gamble it out. like I said before you won't get the full value of a para if it is on an item. if arcane ring is at 7m now does arcane ring with 3 para become 22m? making each para 5m a piece. not many will even pay for that. offer will probably be around 15m and that considering too high.

it's the same thing with EYE gem and that is tradable. If you put 3 eyes which are 2m each in a level 46 weapon it won't add 6mil value to the weapon xD especially if weapon goes for 10m. everyone will always try to buy anything for cheap first before deciding what gem or jewel goes on it.

just my two cents lol

I have eyes on my 36 mythic set, u telling me i lost money?;)

Kingofninjas
07-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Lol theres funny answers.Para gem worth 5m atm.Lets think Your item worth 5m too idk price well of arcane ring.If you sell 2 of them you will get 10m.If you add para gem to your ring it will worth max 7-8m.It NEVER worth more than Para+Arcane ring If it worth ppl can buy no crafted para+ arcane ring abd craft their own easly lol.So sell your para and arcane ring and buy para gem A ring if you need. [Basic Answer:Sell para gem and Arcane ring dont craft it] [emoji14]

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Have u sold an arcane ring with para recently? I sold one and I can assure its a lot more than 7-8m.

Kumsaati
07-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Have u sold an arcane ring with para recently? I sold one and I can assure its a lot more than 7-8m.
It cant be more than combine prices of uncrafted para gem+arcane ring

Energizeric
07-16-2015, 02:57 PM

If this is the case then I would love to trade my clean ring and separate para gem for a ring with a para gem and some gold. Problem is I have yet to find someone offering such a trade.

Kingofninjas
07-16-2015, 08:52 PM

It obviously will not be more than the price if seperate items. However, it is equal or very close to equal.

You want evidence? I sold a ring with para and 2 fire gems for a clean ring (or maybe it was +9 I can't remember) + 6.8m gold. Para gems sellers are all selling para gems for around that price tag, and often less. Another player I know sold a para gem ring with 2 regular fire gems for 14.5m. That's roughly a clean ring + 7.5m based on price of clean ring when the transaction was made. Another player offered to sell me a para gem for 7.5m. In the end I ended up buying a para gem for considerably less than 7.5m. Please do not make such statements without sfficient evidence as it is misleading to the OP.

Kingofninjas
07-16-2015, 08:54 PM
If this is the case then I would love to trade my clean ring and separate para gem for a ring with a para gem and some gold. Problem is I have yet to find someone offering such a trade.

Possibly the issue with that trade is that there is no item worth socketing a para gem in except possibly twink weapons which I have no knowledge of, but their owners wouldn't have an aelrcane ring. If you wait till new mythic weapons come out and then offer that trade, you may find people who show more interest.