PDA

View Full Version : Professions?

Rebel
05-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Alright I know this may sound too much like WoW and that may be a good thing or a bad thing for you, but why not add professions? I think that this would add so much more depth in the game, and it might also decrease the boredom in all of these lvl 35s.

We could have professions such as:
Herbalism-While running through dungeons, there might be plants to harvest which can then be used to create potions and elixers with different combinations of the plants. This could also help with the farming issue. For people to get the plants, they would need to kill many mobs.
Blacksmithing-Kind of like the plants, except just add ore throughout the dungeons. Allow players to create weapons using this ore. The higher their skill in that specific profession, the better the weapons they could make.
Leatherworker-This could be like the blacksmith, but the armor version of it. You could gather leather/armor scraps that drop off of mobs and use them to create armor.

These are just some main professions that would be fairly easy. There are a few others such as enchanting that would be cool also, but let's just see what you guys think of these first ones. Again, this may seem a little too much like WoW, but I'm just trying to help with the boredom that I know many of you are feeling. Please give me any feedback that you have. Thanks!

Xanthia
05-26-2010, 11:17 PM
CRAFTING NEEDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED in the game. Make crafting levels = adventure levels :)

The_Weave05
05-26-2010, 11:34 PM
I fully, 100% support this. I love the game, but I'd also like to see an alternative to the grind of killing bosses for drops, even if they made crafting into an equally difficult activity. Alternatives would be a breath of fresh air.

Xanthia
05-26-2010, 11:41 PM
I would love for crafting to be a MUCH MUCH Harder grind than leveling, it would keep us 35's mouths shut, especially with how much we complain and cry for new content and balancing out classes, this would just give us something else to bug Cinco with :)

Obliteration
05-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Here was my suggestion thread about a month ago, it needs to be revised quite a bit since all the updates.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1193-Professions-Questing-involved.

Xanthia
05-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Obliteration, I like what you have there, however we need to add many more professions! Seeing as how Crafting did not even make it on the Release Schedule, you will see that Player Housing will be out by then, so we will need a Carpenter. :) Also, I think we need a Tailor to make Archer, and mage armor. Armor-smith to make Plate Armor. Weapon smith to make metal weapons, and metal items for your home. Carpenter for all home based items. Chef for food/drink that could increase H/S and M/S. Enchanter to imbue, enchant, bewitch armor and weapons.

This would make the game VERY interesting

Obliteration
05-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Obliteration, I like what you have there, however we need to add many more professions! Seeing as how Crafting did not even make it on the Release Schedule, you will see that Player Housing will be out by then, so we will need a Carpenter. :) Also, I think we need a Tailor to make Archer, and mage armor. Armor-smith to make Plate Armor. Weapon smith to make metal weapons, and metal items for your home. Carpenter for all home based items. Chef for food/drink that could increase H/S and M/S. Enchanter to imbue, enchant, bewitch armor and weapons.

This would make the game VERY interesting

Yes it needs to be quite revised. It's a dead thread now maybe I'll touch it up tomorrow. But this was created before they announced anything crazy. I believe.

PvP
05-27-2010, 12:19 AM
I support. Levelling 5 levels and waiting month(s) isn't something I enjoy. It almost forces everyone to farm. However, with the release of PvP (thank God) I'll be into that too.