PDA

View Full Version : Beta accounts?

Kumsaati
07-16-2015, 02:43 PM
Beta accounts will stay in real game too or will delete?

Schnitzel
07-16-2015, 02:50 PM
For us in Alpha, our AlphaPhase progress (owned champions, gold/platinum, kdr) were reset to defaults (0 money, only starter heroes, 0/0 kdr) when CoC entered BetaTesting.
The only things that stayed with our accounts, were our alpha badge/avatar icons, and our IGNs (with our numbers)

I'm guessing Beta will be similar

Kumsaati
07-16-2015, 02:56 PM
For us in Alpha, our AlphaPhase progress (owned champions, gold/platinum, kdr) were reset to defaults (0 money, only starter heroes, 0/0 kdr) when CoC entered BetaTesting.
The only things that stayed with our accounts, were our alpha badge/avatar icons, and our IGNs (with our numbers)

[emoji17] Im sad for missed alpha test.Also im still waiting for enter beta also thanks for answer

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Kumsaati
07-16-2015, 02:59 PM
I have one more question when i took some names like earth it shows like earth#2242 but other random names showing normal like kumsaati no other numbers it shows i took it first and its original? it wont get number? or bug?

Schnitzel
07-16-2015, 03:52 PM
I have one more question when i took some names like earth it shows like earth#2242 but other random names showing normal like kumsaati no other numbers it shows i took it first and its original? it wont get number? or bug?

I dunno about that

My name displays Ruizhe#1998
and people on my friends list just show their names like:
JustG's IGN is Justg#0000, but on my friends list, his name is just Justg.

The numbers are used as identifiers so that more than one person can have the same name, but to prevent impersonations/confusion, the numbers are different for each person, so that should one person impersonate another, people can tell the impersonator is not the other player based on his IGN numbers.

Remiem
07-16-2015, 04:01 PM
The numbers will appear if there is more than one person with the same name in the game. :) That way you can tell people apart.

Mister Smith
07-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Do we just wait for an email?telling us how to download and play?

Schnitzel
07-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Do we just wait for an email?telling us how to download and play?

Yes.

#11charactersHere

Mister Smith
07-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Ok cool thanks :D

DraxPat
07-16-2015, 05:46 PM
When Did We get the email? I did not get it.

Schnitzel
07-16-2015, 05:49 PM
When Did We get the email? I did not get it.

STS is letting people in in X amount of people at a time, so if you wait a bit you may get your invite email as well :D

Mister Smith
07-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Will everyone be invited today or could it be a couple days?

Hellgamer
07-17-2015, 04:36 AM

Probablly it will be done during the beta so it can be tested(many players starting now) like when the release comes. There is a chace beta progress after that dont get reset.

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 05:53 AM
STS is letting people in in X amount of people at a time, so if you wait a bit you may get your invite email as well :D

So does this mean people like me could possibly get rejcted? o.O

EDIT: I have been accepted into beta, took me a while to get in :D

Kanewas
07-17-2015, 06:35 AM
i want my name to be unique[emoji29]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk

roBb
07-17-2015, 09:11 AM
The numbers will appear if there is more than one person with the same name in the game. :) That way you can tell people apart.
I dont like haveing same names of more than one person...i want ma name to be uniqye so does everyone... hope it gets fixed soon or maybe after the release... [emoji26] [emoji26] [emoji26]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hellgamer
07-17-2015, 09:14 AM
Probablly it will be done during the beta so it can be tested(many players starting now) like when the release comes. There is a chace beta progress after that dont get reset.

Nvm its said they will be reset

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Will everyone be invited today or could it be a couple days?

People will be invited a X amount of people at a time, they can all play (as well as give suggestions/feedback, or bug reports about CoC via the CoC forum (not this one) )

i want my name to be unique[emoji29]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk

I don't like having same names of more than one person...i want my name to be unique so does everyone... hope it gets fixed soon or maybe after the release... [emoji26] [emoji26] [emoji26]

The reason more than one person can have the same name, so to prevent name selling, which results in scams.

roBb
07-17-2015, 10:24 AM
People will be invited a X amount of people at a time, they can all play (as well as give suggestions/feedback, or bug reports about CoC via the CoC forum (not this one) )

The reason more than one person can have the same name, so to prevent name selling, which results in scams.
Bt...most of the players here r from AL wont there b scamming as of being same games as in AL. Ex- i have a name X in Al nd X in CoC too nd someone has that name too so ppl who know me in Al as X will text me in CoC too....i have personally experienced it. Ppl can say that hey m X from Al nd do crazy stuff....

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 10:42 AM
Bt...most of the players here r from AL wont there b scamming as of being same games as in AL. Ex- i have a name X in Al nd X in CoC too nd someone has that name too so ppl who know me in Al as X will text me in CoC too....i have personally experienced it. Ppl can say that hey m X from Al nd do crazy stuff....

Which is why the numbers are there to identify people
Also, a lot of the other AlphaTesters I'm friends with are from PL, SL, DL, and AL

If you don't like this, talk to STS, I'm just a gamer.

roBb
07-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Also, a lot of the other AlphaTesters I'm friends with are from PL, SL, DL, and AL

Ok dude sry for problem

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 10:47 AM

Wrong, Youre a gamer and a tester! :p

Mister Smith
07-17-2015, 10:49 AM
What do you meen by the X?lol im so confused

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 10:51 AM
What do you meen by the X?lol im so confused

X is just a variable name (or a "censor" for a name, mostly used to give examples)

Its also a letter of the alphabet :D

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 10:53 AM
X is just a variable name (or a "censor" for a name, mostly used to give examples)

Its also a letter of the alphabet :D

The person was referring as to Imposting identities. Like suppose you had the name Ruizhe in PL, and i took it in AL (meaning you dknt own the name "Ruizhe" in AL).

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 10:54 AM
The person was referring as to Imposting identities. Like suppose you had the name Ruizhe in PL, and i took it in AL (meaning you dknt own the name "Ruizhe" in AL).

I'm only XRuizheX in AL...I dunno who took "Ruizhe" in AL...
(._.)

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 10:55 AM
I'm only XRuizheX in AL...I dunno who took "Ruizhe" in AL...
(._.)

now you know what im talking about.....

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 10:57 AM
now you know what im talking about.....

no...

moar characters

Mister Smith
07-17-2015, 11:32 AM
So will everyone sho signed up for beta be able to play beta at some point or could some people be left out?

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 11:34 AM
no...

moar characters

Imposting: Lets say someone took your name Ruizhe in AL and you realized you cant get it.

Now I act as if i were Ruizhe, and some old PL friends send requests and you know them (even the imposter knows em). The imposter then acts like you and "borrows gold" from your trusted friends. Ultimately the imposter scams your friend and then your friend PMs you in PL that youre a scammer...

Get it...?

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 11:36 AM
So will everyone sho signed up for beta be able to play beta at some point or could some people be left out?

Beta testing is opened to a larger player base compared to the Alpha test version of Call of Champions. Its basically like a v2.0 of Alpha testing, all that happens is that youre getting a chance to be a tester. Beta testing is basically for more testers, you cant keep depending on the same people to just test the game for you, right? (no offense alphans, i couldnt frame it properly >__<)

Its just opened so that they can get more feedback from a larger player base, so the game can be shaped properly, just Like AL beta. More ideas, More suggestions, balance topics, controversy discussions - its the reason why testers are needed, their knowledge shapes the game.

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 12:26 PM
Imposting: Lets say someone took your name Ruizhe in AL and you realized you cant get it.

Now I act as if i were Ruizhe, and some old PL friends send requests and you know them (even the imposter knows em). The imposter then acts like you and "borrows gold" from your trusted friends. Ultimately the imposter scams your friend and then your friend PMs you in PL that youre a scammer...

Get it...?

Luckily, in CoC, you can't trade currency

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 12:30 PM
Luckily, in CoC, you can't trade currency

Well, thats true, and the best part - unique name identifiers Razor#7578 VS Razor#1572. GG.

Ubernewber
07-17-2015, 01:44 PM
Just wondering, so the first person who gets the name will have #0000 after their name?

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 01:57 PM
Just wondering, so the first person who gets the name will have #0000 after their name?

No, its an RNG system again, if i rename to Xzvv from Razor#1234. Xzvv then becomes Xzvv#4312. Its random number combinations...unique identifiers, thats what its called.

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 01:57 PM

No, the numbers are generated by random
Also, Names ending in #0000 are reserved for STS staff only.

Ubernewber
07-17-2015, 02:08 PM
No, the numbers are generated by random
Also, Names ending in #0000 are reserved for STS staff only.

That makes it feel as if theres no point in having a good name in the game because these names wont be a rare sight. You won't be able to tell the difference between the person whos name is "ice" that played in alpha and then another person named "ice" who 2 years later down the line other than badges. I feel that these #'s shouldn't be randomized and instead put numerically to show age in the game :) thanks for the info though

represents
07-17-2015, 03:56 PM
I just want to make sure but CoC comes out this summer right? I heard someone say late September.

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 05:29 PM
I just want to make sure but CoC comes out this summer right? I heard someone say late September.

Summer for Beta, Late September 2015 for actual release to iOS App store, and Google Play Store (Android)

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 11:43 PM
Summer for Beta, Late September 2015 for actual release to iOS App store, and Google Play Store (Android)

Official game release makes it sound better than calling out the 2 popular platforms, and again this game is designed for mobiles, so our chrome folks will need to use a emulator possibly with a touch screen laptop. I tried controller gaming, but then i realised you need to tap everywhere :/

Farminer's
07-18-2015, 12:10 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/17/da02be0a53354d522797b636cf921a86.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Wazakesy
07-18-2015, 01:50 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/17/da02be0a53354d522797b636cf921a86.jpg

May i ask why you have posted the same screenshot? This is the same SS from AL announcement's CoC beta sign up thread.

Farminer's
07-18-2015, 08:15 AM
May i ask why you have posted the same screenshot? This is the same SS from AL announcement's CoC beta sign up thread.
Nop this is one I took in game.

DraxPat
07-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Sould my email have to be Apple ID or no? To be accepted in beta?

AL Tvvin
07-18-2015, 11:34 AM
I dunno about that

My name displays Ruizhe#1998
and people on my friends list just show their names like:
JustG's IGN is Justg#0000, but on my friends list, his name is just Justg.

The numbers are used as identifiers so that more than one person can have the same name, but to prevent impersonations/confusion, the numbers are different for each person, so that should one person impersonate another, people can tell the impersonator is not the other player based on his IGN numbers.
I really hate this new names is stupid unique names are just useless now I would be better of naming jsbdbd then have 50 people named fire or master. Jsbdbd or other random names are going to be more unique then Common names. Btw if u want a decent name play the game in beta or when game releases. Not look at it and come back 5 months later complaining u dint have a good name. I really hate this idea. People will still get scammed its online game. I heard u can't trade currency so what's the point if the unique name identifier. All just dumb because people complain they dint have a original name.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Kumsaati
07-18-2015, 11:40 AM
I really hate this new names is stupid unique names are just useless now I would be better of naming jsbdbd then have 50 people named fire or master. Jsbdbd or other random names are going to be more unique then Common names. Btw if u want a decent name play the game in beta or when game releases. Not look at it and come back 5 months later complaining u dint have a good name. I really hate this idea. People will still get scammed its online game. I heard u can't trade currency so what's the point if the unique name identifier. All just dumb because people complain they dint have a original name.

Also im thinking same i dont like new name system in everygame user get which name he want (without numbers) its how its going if you old you should be good like in al etc i dont have cool name in al but i have respec to who has cool names

Schnitzel
07-19-2015, 12:54 AM

Then what about people who didn't find this game until later down the road?

As much as I'd like that only I had the name Ruizhe, I'm fine with the CoC current naming system.

In Legends games, it was one name, and no one else can have it. Leading to scams and "selling names". So in the Battle games, they let anyone have any name. But because sometimes two players have the same name and base design and are in the same guild. It caused confusion. So now STS has numbers after the name, personally I think this is a great idea, and gives everyone the opportunity to get the name they want

Just my opinion

Kumsaati
07-19-2015, 01:02 AM

As much as I'd like that only I had the name Ruizhe, I'm fine with the CoC current naming system.

In Legends games, it was one name, and no one else can have it. Leading to scams and "selling names". So in the Battle games, they let anyone have any name. But because sometimes two players have the same name and base design and are in the same guild. It caused confusion. So now STS has numbers after the name, personally I think this is a great idea, and gives everyone the opportunity to get the name they want

Just my opinion
I didnt see something like that before in any game.Person should be take which name he want without numbers its rule of nature if he new player ofc old ones should has legend name.I dont agree with you this time

AL Tvvin
07-19-2015, 01:08 AM

Just my opinion
There is a difference between veterans and newbies. No other game does it. Plus how would buying names scam work I heard u cent trade currency in clash of champions

Ignitedmage
07-19-2015, 10:45 AM
There is a difference between veterans and newbies. No other game does it. Plus how would buying names scam work I heard u cent trade currency in clash of champions

Its Call of Champions

Ok think like this.
Call of Champions is a game 4 years old and today date is July 2019
All the names taken and you choose jdbgj
You join a game
Everyone who farms kills or making kdr are attacking you
They win the game
Same game repeats(team don't change until you find luck)
You play 5-10 games getting farmed like this
Now

Let's imagine you so pro to be farmed
Then
you add players over here
You know the new players who do add but don't talk or if talk they don't talk that good things
No old or good player adding you
In call of champions, people don't see how other is fighting. So no body will see your proness
You get lonely and decide to quit
And you lose the fun of this game. If you'll think all these in just a joke then I can't do but if you'll think pratically then you'll understand what i am saying.

And if people wanted to complain they had been complaining still because Call of Champions would have 100-250 members now(leaving alpha) and many names which come first in our mind are taken and have a code.

Kumsaati
07-20-2015, 12:00 PM
Its Call of Champions

Ok think like this.
Call of Champions is a game 4 years old and today date is July 2019
All the names taken and you choose jdbgj
You join a game
Everyone who farms kills or making kdr are attacking you
They win the game
Same game repeats(team don't change until you find luck)
You play 5-10 games getting farmed like this
Now

Let's imagine you so pro to be farmed
Then
you add players over here
You know the new players who do add but don't talk or if talk they don't talk that good things
No old or good player adding you
In call of champions, people don't see how other is fighting. So no body will see your proness
You get lonely and decide to quit
And you lose the fun of this game. If you'll think all these in just a joke then I can't do but if you'll think pratically then you'll understand what i am saying.

And if people wanted to complain they had been complaining still because Call of Champions would have 100-250 members now(leaving alpha) and many names which come first in our mind are taken and have a code.
Now we are in 2015 arcane legends published in 2012 and nobody using name like jwjkwk etc.You can get creative names it isnt same in LoL too?
Solution is people can able to put nunbers on their names so you can get cool names if you want master and its taken you can try M4ster or MasterYoda or 1Master1 o0Master0o see still cool names avaible

Instanthumor
07-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Look at League of Legends. 27 million people play daily, each with different igns. I don't even know how many igns there are total in that game, but the fact that one day we will run out of igns is pretty off.

In my opinion, I feel as if names should have a limit to 1. There will definitely be less trading/selling of names since the only way to pay for it will be cash and not gold like some other games. For me anyways, I really dislike seeing those numbers next to name and living with the fact that there could also be hundreds of instanthumors out there.

@Ruizhe
I don't see how it isn't fair to the people coming in down the line. This goes for any game and there is hardly anyone complaining that they don't have their unique igns after coming in the game 3 years down the road. It should be first come, first serve, just like any other game.

surfing
07-21-2015, 05:00 AM
Dang this game looks so cool, can't wait until i get into the beta access... :D