PDA

View Full Version : Booting these daysXD

Whirlzap
04-27-2011, 10:55 PM
I think hosts have too much power, they should be allowed to boot but when they give a reason, you should let the other members of the party vote on whether it is valid or not.
Tonight I got booted from an ignorant person jus because I said my opinion was that dex mages eventually get overpowered by nuke mages
Looks like she exploded at me lol
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab144/needpokemonnimi/fca1cec0.jpg

Whirlzap
04-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Basically on this party it was just worship the host or be kicked.
I got sick of this and objected.

Imperial-legend
04-27-2011, 10:57 PM
ROFLOLMFAO... sry but i rly think u deserve it

Zeus
04-27-2011, 10:58 PM

Stop provoking flame wars. You can get yourself banned by provoking them.

Whirlzap
04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Guess I'm probably deserving this for being witty lol.
Point is, are dex mages easily offended usually? Is it because of their hard build or something?

Imperial-legend
04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Stop provoking flame wars. You can get yourself banned by provoking them.

no SERIOUSLY, take a look at the crap he said to the host... think urself as the host, u wont boot him?

Zeus
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
no SERIOUSLY, take a look at the crap he said to the host... think urself as the host, u wont boot him?

Ya, I know. But still, getting involved usually ends up in people getting burned. As we saw earlier. Just trying to prevent that.

Junside
04-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Did you expect him to just comply to smack talk, regardless of who started or continued it?

It will happen since nobody likes being lectured or anything along those lines. And some can just boot for the dumbest reasons. Try not to let it affect you and move on.

It does anger me when people boot for a really unnecessary reason, but I try to just move on, or log off for a while. Just to cool off. PVP can be stressful.

With a sense of sportsmanship? No. Let the fight do the talking. Or simply ignore. You are in control of your game, but booting like that makes him no better than the one who was booted.

Beanmachine
04-27-2011, 11:10 PM
You kind of asked for it...

Gluttony
04-27-2011, 11:24 PM
I was always curious about why the devs added this feature, what's the point of everyone seeing the reason for a boot if you can't do anything about it. The only thing that this may prompt is the rest of the party leaving because they didn't agree with the host's reasoning. I understand that you don't think you should have been booted for your opinion, but I'm sure you expected as much.

krullnan
04-27-2011, 11:38 PM
looks kinda like you provoked him putting this up is kinda just gonna get youreself intouble

Rev
04-28-2011, 12:14 AM
At least you were booted for a reason. I have been booted for being a lower level...because the people don't have builds that are able to run with lower toons, they boot. But in their defense...I can create a game as easily as I can join one.
the whole idea of the 'boot system'(I believe) is so we can make and control 'our own' games. Sure way to get booted from one of my games is express any admiration for Obama policies. "Not in MY game!" Haha(no really!)
Make another game and have fun! Keep the 'boot' devs...it's fun and sometimes downright funny. ((I feel I may be setting myself up for a boot or two.)) ;)

Riccits
04-28-2011, 01:28 AM
yesterday i got booted twice just for fun while we was boss fighting... :/ i reported em both... thats really annoing clearing the whole map and after get booted for no reason.
one guy is called celticspride (or something like that), he booted a bird that wanted to pull quenn just bcz he wanted to pull queen. after that i told him why he did, we need birds. just a few seconds after i was booted with reson: we just need 3 mages.. :/ *flames*
keep aways from him, hes a jerk!

Nekama
04-28-2011, 06:26 AM
yeah some of them just boot you when they are not happy.like some ppl wearing noob items at sewers often get booted.

Rev
04-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Splitting away from the party will get a boot from me. I call it 'magic'. *poof* you are gawn!
Seriously though, if you want to solo go lock yourself behind a passworded wall and 'play with yourself'. I don't want to be part of you playing with yourself. That's fair.

JaytB
04-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Create a private room, invite some cool friends and have a blast :)

I keep saying it, but just host your own games or join in with friends. This will prevent frustration of being booted just for fun. I don't even try to start a discussion anymore in pug's, it's asking for trouble IMO

Duke
04-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Nothing personal, but if I were hosting a PvE PUG and the people in the group would natter on about how they can beat each other in PvP, I'd think about booting them. Though I'd like to believe I'd at least give a warning.

Pandamoni
04-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm surprised you're posting this out of frustration for being booted when it's obvious you were smack talking. Natural consequences are the best way to learn. Next time you hopefully won't smack talk and expect to be allowed to continue running with the group. I'd have booted, too.

I was always curious about why the devs added this feature, what's the point of everyone seeing the reason for a boot if you can't do anything about it. The only thing that this may prompt is the rest of the party leaving because they didn't agree with the host's reasoning.

I did just that yesterday or day before yesterday. The host booted because the person was level 54. I was happy to see that the reason was posted because I don't want to run with a host who's lame. I left and went and ran a bunch of pugs with level 52's through 54's and we went really fast. It was a lot of fun!

xRaNdU
04-28-2011, 11:45 AM
imperial and beanz, you two are ones to talk about asking for it...

Beanmachine
04-28-2011, 11:51 AM
imperial and beanz, you two are ones to talk about asking for it...

Oh wow noob is here trying to frame us for simply doing a secure trade? Pffft lame excuse!

Gaddy
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Basically on this party it was just worship the host or be kicked.
I got sick of this and objected.
I dunno, man, you sound like kinda a jerk in that exerpt to me...

azulflame
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
One game, I was with a lvl 48 friend, and invited a lvl 46 mage with the same gear as me. The host did not know that I invited him, and booted him with the reason of being lvl 46. I point out I am a 46, hoping to get booted so I can rejoin my friend without being rude (it was a private invitebonly game, but can could invite their friends). I am told "I do not know him", which I reply with "I invited him". I am instantly asked to reinvite him, but someone takes the last spot. I ask to leave, and am told yes (thankfully), so I can rejoin my friend.

So, the booting reason posting is both good and bad.

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 04:57 PM
cool thing is the reason is public now. they shouldnt be saying stuff like that.

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 04:58 PM

or this...plus u scammed him/her so i think u should be banned

azulflame
04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
mothwing, leave it alone. As said before, "all I have to do is intentionally sell you an item for 5k, wait till you put it in the CS, then start yelling that you scammed me"

thecakeisaspy
04-28-2011, 05:58 PM
guys can we please just get past this whole "whirlz was scammed thing?" it should be between the three of them. not the three of them and everyone else. so stop bringing it up in threads. kthanks

StompArtist
04-28-2011, 05:59 PM
guys can we please just get past this whole "whirlz was scammed thing?" it should be between the three of them. not the three of them and everyone else. so stop bringing it up in threads. kthanks

I second the motion.

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 06:01 PM
i was just saying on top of that...plus he kinda did scam because he and lovenus took advantage of him

azulflame
04-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Mothwing, leave it alone before you start to get flamed

thecakeisaspy
04-28-2011, 06:08 PM
i was just saying on top of that...plus he kinda did scam because he and lovenus took advantage of him

regardless of how we feel, its none of our business. its not our job or our place to pass judgement on them. so lets just move on. i personally am tired of seeing the issue pop up every single day.

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 06:09 PM
i am personally tired of seeing azuflame keep saying, 'oh mothwing just leave it alone sweetie' and technically i dont have to becuz i have rights u know. but i am actually letting it go

giayuan
04-28-2011, 06:13 PM
hehe.. hahaha.. HOHOHOHOHO xD Lol dude just ignore it. Though i really love your idea about having the rest of the parties consent before actual boot. Except that would take an extra 30 seconds and thats a lot for those on the go people. Plus, thered be a whole discussion about whether to boot a player or not right in front of the player :-/

azulflame
04-28-2011, 07:25 PM
THANK YOU! I was doing that on lesrider's behalf. he got very, very worked up over it in-game, and really hoping that he does not react in a way that causes him to get banned.

I know that you are there, waiting for a reply.

and are you going to take the test?

MAVJR
04-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Wow sounds like ppl these days r easily disturbed

modredd
04-29-2011, 12:47 AM
I was hosting a game and booted this player because I needed more archers to defeat the goblin king in the sewers.
My group tore me a new one and gave me the riot act about how its unkind and it hurts peoples feelings.
They told me I sucked they said f.u to me and I'm thinking okay that's better behavior?
Its to the point now I really don't care what people think of me.
I shouldn't have to explain myself or my actions if they follow the terms of service.
And I am tired as well of seeing screenshots of people being booted.
Get a hobby get a life and do something else with your time If you can't handle the stress of this game then you have problems.
I've been torn to shreds on this forum and I've tried to please everybody and you know what? I'm not any happier and neither are they.
I'm telling you level 55 people of the most obnoxious critical hypersensitive, immature people I've ever seen.
I'd rather play in a level 30 dungeon, and all I hear about is people complaining they don't get pinks, I don't see people having fun I see people stressed out complaining about the drop rate whining and moaning and the competitive nature of the game has taken all the fun out.Pinks,Pinks,Pinks.
That's what the game's about now
I'm taking a break Pick on somebody else for change. :mad:

modredd
04-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Im against taking a vote before you boot somebody, That's why you host a game To have some level of say with whom you play with,The game you play and the manner in which it is played.
It's destroying the game thay either remove the boot button or put more stringent stipulations on the criteria for booting.
Let's face it it's nice to meet new people but some people you meet and in a second you know you don't want to be around this person.

Otukura
04-29-2011, 12:56 AM
I was hosting a game and booted this player because I needed more archers to defeat the goblin king in the sewers.
My group tore me a new one and gave me the riot act about how its unkind and it hurts peoples feelings.
They told me I sucked they said f.u to me and I'm thinking okay that's better behavior?
Its to the point now I really don't care what people think of me.
I shouldn't have to explain myself or my actions if they follow the terms of service.
And I am tired as well of seeing screenshots of people being booted.
Get a hobby get a life and do something else with your time If you can't handle the stress of this game then you have problems.
I've been torn to shreds on this forum and I've tried to please everybody and you know what? I'm not any happier and neither are they.
I'm telling you level 55 people of the most obnoxious critical hypersensitive, immature people I've ever seen.
I'd rather play in a level 30 dungeon, and all I hear about is people complaining they don't get pinks, I don't see people having fun I see people stressed out complaining about the drop rate whining and moaning and the competitive nature of the game has taken all the fun out.Pinks,Pinks,Pinks.
That's what the game's about now
I'm taking a break Pick on somebody else for change. :mad:

You can do GK with 4 pure str bears and a pally. Post GCD. Not going to take sides, but if one of them was slacking, by all means, boot. I hate people who just leave their char to auto attack during a boss fight.

But yes, end game is where the most hate is. Forest haven is where the most... inapropro stuff is. I personally are pysched for the new campaign. I consider Fathom/LE/and Swamps to be the most peaceful maps.

Gluttony
04-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Booting is a part of the game and I don't understand why people get upset over it at all. When I get bored with BS I run in FH (FH 4 or Meathead's Deli) and level 2-5 players come into it all the time and say something like "level me plz" so I boot them because I don't want to level anyone. They then proceed to curse me, talk about my mother, etc... (screenshots if necessary). I get called mean (or worse) on a daily basis and I am ok with that. I don't understand why people are so sensitive about getting booted in the first place. It's the host's right, and that is the bottom line.

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Booting is a part of the game and I don't understand why people get upset over it at all. When I get bored with BS I run in FH (FH 4 or Meathead's Deli) and level 2-5 players come into it all the time and say something like "level me plz" so I boot them because I don't want to level anyone. They then proceed to curse me, talk about my mother, etc... (screenshots if necessary). I get called mean (or worse) on a daily basis and I am ok with that. I don't understand why people are so sensitive about getting booted in the first place. It's the host's right, and that is the bottom line.

But you are mean....or worse :D

I kid, I kid.

Marcoolio
04-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Cmon its a game!! LOL

If u get booted just find other party.. if someone say something bad just ingore...simple?!

I know its bad if booting like before boss or if u make mistake and everyone dies...its a geme spirit and we are humans not robots.
Only thing what make my pulse higer is that friend invite me group and host boot saying "soz" "full" "noob" and i like to say that host name becouse he boot me about 5-10 times and every time i was invited in group. but well its life and i dont really care..

Ppl are so stress in game now days.. "have to get em all" "pinkpinkpinkpink" Cmon guys and girls.. lets chill and have fun..
Like me i been now 2 days in baleworth hidden passage just for fun with random ppl 15-20lvl and they get good xp and i get some items and gold.. but best is that playing experience and having fun.

I really dont wanna boot ppl out if chat keeps clean and everyone enjoy a game. I dont see reason to boot if not max lvl becouse i think if lower comes to sewer he/she will find out soon did he/she belong there :) give a chanche..

\\Peace//

Tamino
04-29-2011, 03:37 AM
To be booted could be a funny experience. Some days ago I entered first time CTK with my new bear (lev 43), choosing a game with only one player. He booted me with reason "too low", and I agree... but he was a 43 too! I cannot avoid to smile alone every time I rethink the whole thing.

Marcoolio
04-29-2011, 03:46 AM
To be booted could be a funny experience. Some days ago I entered first time CTK with my new bear (lev 43), choosing a game with only one player. He booted me with reason "too low", and I agree... but he was a 43 too! I cannot avoid to smile alone every time I rethink the whole thing.

Thats true.. Like in sewer i get booted many times "too low" reason and group is full lvl55. I think ppl not know that lvl56 is not super mega ultimate strong. I host some runs in sewer and i have full group lvl 50-53 and we make absolutly fast runs and we have so fun.. Dont know why ppl nowdays look too much numbers in charagter stats or lvls.. Maybe im wrong but i like to give a chanche to survive. Is there challenge if allways full group 55-56?? i think its go boring..

Before write here something against me...this is just my opinion. :)

Fawayleik
04-29-2011, 03:52 AM
I think hosts have too much power, they should be allowed to boot but when they give a reason, you should let the other members of the party vote on whether it is valid or not.
Tonight I got booted from an ignorant person jus because I said my opinion was that dex mages eventually get overpowered by nuke mages
Looks like she exploded at me lol
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab144/needpokemonnimi/fca1cec0.jpg

What ????? Im sorry. But this was completely nonsense what u sayed. Dexmages do buffed constant crits on u and the base spelldmg is near the same. As well he got a much higher weaponrange!

Ok. Not a bootreason, in my opinion. But u have no expirience to talk about pvp.:p

Have fun,
Faw

Ogden
04-29-2011, 10:19 AM
I have another nice bootreason. My name is beerwarrior (my second character), i must say the name is not really normal but a guy named 'Camster-fnord' booted me with this reason: Weird name, again. (this was the second time he booted me because i have a weird name apperantly). I think hosts these days feel incredible powerfull and just kick people because it makes them happy (in their pants). So plz the voting idea for the party is a great idea.

Gluttony
04-29-2011, 11:03 AM
I have another nice bootreason. My name is beerwarrior (my second character), i must say the name is not really normal but a guy named 'Camster-fnord' booted me with this reason: Weird name, again. (this was the second time he booted me because i have a weird name apperantly). I think hosts these days feel incredible powerfull and just kick people because it makes them happy (in their pants). So plz the voting idea for the party is a great idea.

This would turn a quick BS run into a senate meeting, where each party would have to state their side and opinion and cast a ballot... Seriously, I would hate that! Not to mention all it would do is cause the host to create a false reason for booting people that you couldn't verify until it's too late (he was beggin me for gold, he cursed me in pm, it's my brother and we don't play well together). Seems like way too much, hosts boot you either deal with it or only play in maps that you created.

P.S. Beerwarrior is an epic name, but think about the kids... what about the kids?!

Genes
05-08-2011, 11:27 PM
I got a new one from Slushie (Slush on the forum?) today with a rather interesting reason. Doing my random runs, ran a game with him, revived him a couple of times because he kept dying, then joined the next game and got booted with the reason

"One minute you are in, the next you are out" (i thought that was familiar with Tyra Banks on America's next top model...Lmao)

Boot came about when a pally with full fury came in while my 55 pally is not in her full fury. Seems like a nice guy in the forum but very commanding and behaves like a true snob ingame. This forum can be so deceiving... LOL. Oh, and slushie, note who you join next time because you have been in my games before while i was running in my bird.... karma...can be... Very real... LOL

ICantSpel
05-09-2011, 08:35 AM

massive tool

Fyrce
05-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Got one last night. Didn't get PO'd. I just ignored.

Joined someone I thought was a friend with yet another alt. Did not say who I was: Level 26 dex archer w/ hidden 2H weapon.
Friend was with a level 18, who kept yelling to boot me the 2nd I joined. So he did w/ reason friends only.

I found myself a nice new friend, who stuck with me through several DC's, etc. I need to remember to reward that guy. I love love persistence and loyalty.

Boot didn't bother me. I did ignore that lowbie guy though. I'm guessing they were friends but still... group was at 4 for a long time, so they had space.
Don't think I have a problem with boots. Just tells me who the people are that I'm not sure I like.