PDA

View Full Version : Ummmmmm :o

Ignitedmage
07-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Today, i have to make my heart ready for posting this thread XD
I actually wanted to ask Whats a good Lv75 int mage pvp build???
Not matching from my personality ofc because all call me a beckon stomp bear and to be honest i sometimes do it(controlled on clicking stomp automatically so now more ofently i use beckon on mages) but i wanted to see that people says,"mages are hard and requires much skill not like you bec stomp bears". is this even means.
Is it true?
Playing 35 mage purely porved me that this can't be what all of you say so i got my mage to 75(not yet but soon).
I just wanted a build now(hopefully stats too or i ll use 84 dex rest int) so i can also try a mage

Please no rude comments
Anahadaz please try to stay away if you wanna insult me more

To others who answer. thank you very much
Thanks for reading

-Kingshahzeb ~Ignitedmage (currently lv64)

XghostzX
07-17-2015, 10:07 AM
You will have a tough time as a 75 int mage. It will be relatively OP against other squishy classes and characters depending on your skill/knowledge, but any str you have a very tough chance of winning.

It depends on your play style. For me as a 77 INT mage, I like to use NO debuffs and focus on everything else damage related. So my build usually consists of:

-9 on both buffs
-9 Mana Shield
-7 Heal
-9 Fire, Frostbite, Lightning
-Anything ranging from 5 to 9 in both Drain Life and Ice... I usually do more in drain than icestorm for a nice critical now and then
-1 in revive
*Make sure you go all INT

The trick is just maintaining your max distance when using all of your spells. Everyone is a pro at mastering the classic 12m range for Drain, Fire, and Frostbite. But if you can perfect your timing for lightning and Icestorm, you can evade many attacks from bears and other Pallys. As a fiery mage, you will ALMOST NEVER nuke an STR class the first time around. It's your job to chip away at their health and save that drain when they seem low... that's how you catch str users off guard. Always make sure you switch between icestorm and frost as freezing your opponent and following it up with fire (adding a 15% damage bonus when hit) is vital to winning.

That's the offensive side - defensively, you want to make sure you're timing up heal and drain (mostly heal). When I play pallys, some are awe-struck because I haven't used mana shield a single time in the fight, then kill them before they know it (as a lust user). But I do it because I heal off the initial ice they throw at me, and wait until they throw 2 (yes, exactly 2) spells before I use Drain to replenish my health. I've tested that activating Drain anytime later will result in a death, and using it too early will result in not replenishing any health (only damaging) and then you'll end up dying.

INT mage is hard to perfect at first - you just really have to fine-tune things if you're new to it!

Mothwing
07-17-2015, 10:16 AM
You will have a tough time as a 75 int mage. It will be relatively OP against other squishy classes and characters depending on your skill/knowledge, but any str you have a very tough chance of winning.

It depends on your play style. For me as a 77 INT mage, I like to use NO debuffs and focus on everything else damage related. So my build usually consists of:

-9 on both buffs
-9 Mana Shield
-7 Heal
-Anything ranging from 5 to 9 in both Drain Life and Ice... I usually do more in drain than icestorm for a nice critical now and then
-1 in revive

The trick is just maintaining your max distance when using all of your spells. Everyone is a pro at mastering the classic 12m range for Drain, Fire, and Frostbite. But if you can perfect your timing for lightning and Icestorm, you can evade many attacks from bears and other Pallys. As a fiery mage, you will ALMOST NEVER nuke an STR class the first time around. It's your job to chip away at their health and save that drain when they seem low... that's how you catch str users off guard. Always make sure you switch between icestorm and frost as freezing your opponent and following it up with fire (adding a 15% damage bonus when hit) is vital to winning.

That's the offensive side - defensively, you want to make sure you're timing up heal and drain (mostly heal). When I play pallys, some are awe-struck because I haven't used mana shield a single time in the fight, then kill them before they know it (as a lust user). But I do it because I heal off the initial ice they throw at me, and wait until they throw 2 (yes, exactly 2) spells before I use Drain to replenish my health. I've tested that activating Drain anytime later will result in a death, and using it too early will result in not replenishing any health (only damaging) and then you'll end up dying.

INT mage is hard to perfect at first - you just really have to fine-tune things if you're new to it!

Perfectly said from a perfect pure mage C:

iRandom
07-17-2015, 10:58 AM
Someone knows my build now

:C

Sheugokin
07-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Perfectly said from a perfect pure mage C:

I cannot agree more.

Just to add, since pallies and STR bears are notoriously known for their dodge, make sure to follow up with a heal 1 second after you press drain. That way, if the pally dodges drain, you can heal up immediately.

To this day, my icestorm and lightning timing is still off which just shows how long it takes to master INT mage. However, it is much more fun (funner) than pally mage. You dance around the map and utilize the nooks and crannies of each map (especially in Rockwall Forts).

Good Luck!

@Irandom- LOL. I'm pretty sure you are not the first one with that build.

Currently the build I use is a derivative of IIAlvinII's (Alvindarthx's mage's) build.

iRandom
07-17-2015, 11:40 AM
I cannot agree more.

Just to add, since pallies and STR bears are notoriously known for their dodge, make sure to follow up with a heal 1 second after you press drain. That way, if the pally dodges drain, you can heal up immediately.

To this day, my icestorm and lightning timing is still off which just shows how long it takes to master INT mage. However, it is much more fun (funner) than pally mage. You dance around the map and utilize the nooks and crannies of each map (especially in Rockwall Forts).

Good Luck!

@Irandom- LOL. I'm pretty sure you are not the first one with that build.

Currently the build I use is a derivative of IIAlvinII's (Alvindarthx's mage's) build.

I had to be. I was the first 77 mage.

INT mage - Best Class for 77 (takes more skill, you nabs)

Ignitedmage
07-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Ok guys thanks i'll consider these answers and tryna get plat just now!!
Thanks!

Ignitedmage
07-17-2015, 12:15 PM

-9 on both buffs
-9 Mana Shield
-7 Heal
-1 in revive

u saying i shouldn't have any debuff??
i thought taking out dodges and armor is effective lol

Mothwing
07-17-2015, 01:00 PM
u saying i shouldn't have any debuff??
i thought taking out dodges and armor is effective lol

With how unbalanced the str gear is the debuffs are honestly useless and won't make that much of a difference. The extra points in nuking skills is going to make a significant difference when fighting birds, especially talon birds as well as other pure mages.

I cannot emphasize how important heal timing is when you're fighting a bear. If you can master the quick heal right after beckon but before the stomp, you greatly increase your chances of winning. It takes you out of the stun giving you the ability to move and it decreases the damage that they do to you.

Sheugokin
07-17-2015, 01:42 PM
With how unbalanced the str gear is the debuffs are honestly useless and won't make that much of a difference. The extra points in nuking skills is going to make a significant difference when fighting birds, especially talon birds as well as other pure mages.

I cannot emphasize how important heal timing is when you're fighting a bear. If you can master the quick heal right after beckon but before the stomp, you greatly increase your chances of winning. It takes you out of the stun giving you the ability to move and it decreases the damage that they do to you.

I disagree with your argument on buffs, but then again, play style is up to the player. I play differently than you do and therefore, I see your point and value your opinion. I usually max one or the other debuff for maximum effect. Currently, I have Weakness maxed to completely render STR bears useless. If that one spell hits, there is a 90% chance I will win because most of the attacks (if not all) will miss from the hit chance debuff. For pallies,, I hit weakness right after they heal, and if weakness hits, there is a good chance I will kill them.

Other than that, I agree with your statement about heal timing.

anahadaz
07-17-2015, 01:44 PM
Thank you for the honourable mention!

Believe it or not I was in exactly the same position as you roughly a year ago when I wanted to try endgame int mage. I half gave it up and stuck with other levels and my endgame bird, but I have started playing it again recently because it's a really fun class, and it's pretty satisfying when you take down a bear or pally. I'm in a pve guild on my mage so when I take down a bear or a pally people are like woah this guy isn't completely rubbish as most pve mages are, pretty funny to watch.

It requires a lot of good timing and range knowledge though so just stick through the phases of getting farmed by anything that isn't int and you'll end up becoming pretty decent at it. I think for the moment you should stick with using a pure damage build instead of a debuff build, debuffs can simply be dodged and you need to know range and timing very well before you try a debuff class.

Mothwing
07-17-2015, 02:46 PM
I disagree with your argument on buffs, but then again, play style is up to the player. I play differently than you do and therefore, I see your point and value your opinion. I usually max one or the other debuff for maximum effect. Currently, I have Weakness maxed to completely render STR bears useless. If that one spell hits, there is a 90% chance I will win because most of the attacks (if not all) will miss from the hit chance debuff. For pallies,, I hit weakness right after they heal, and if weakness hits, there is a good chance I will kill them.

Yeah I've heard different opinions about debuffs. I've had a lot of success without them and not much with them, so like you said it's completely up to the player and how they like to use a mage.

iRandom
07-17-2015, 03:28 PM

You have just single-handedly avoided flame wars.

But I agree with both moth and sheu. I constantly switched from 1 max debuff to no debuff. I found that running debuff limited me in my 12m quick nuke playstyle that i had learned to love since 56, but I found that running debuff was very reliable versus anything STR. now i run 1 BoV 1 BoM for maximum debuff and nuke potential

Mothwing
07-17-2015, 03:38 PM
You have just single-handedly avoided flame wars.

But I agree with both moth and sheu. I constantly switched from 1 max debuff to no debuff. I found that running debuff limited me in my 12m quick nuke playstyle that i had learned to love since 56, but I found that running debuff was very reliable versus anything STR. now i run 1 BoV 1 BoM for maximum debuff and nuke potential

I would never flame Sheu lol, and if I did it would be a joke.

But yeah, it's just a matter of opinion. I still think that lust str is a giant joke so I don't waste time with debuffs.

represents
07-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Ew ana is mattnuke from Rated M such a noob lmao. Its ok king don't listen to ana.

dudetus
07-17-2015, 04:04 PM
I usually press some buttons and then someone sometimes dies

iRandom
07-17-2015, 04:11 PM
I usually press some buttons and then someone sometimes dies

DAYUMM No wonder why u have a 99:.01 KDR

Sheugokin
07-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Ew ana is mattnuke from Rated M such a noob lmao. Its ok king don't listen to ana.

And you are ?

Ignitedmage
07-17-2015, 10:33 PM

Nah not this time.
Today when i read that i thought that even for the first time he's thinking some good of me and anyways i ant peace in my thread so i'll read everybody posts because they can help from anyways and here, nobody is bigger or shorter then 2nd person. ;)

XghostzX
07-18-2015, 07:41 AM

I am currently laptop-less remind me to add my feedback on this one :D

represents
07-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Nah not this time.
Today when i read that i thought that even for the first time he's thinking some good of me and anyways i ant peace in my thread so i'll read everybody posts because they can help from anyways and here, nobody is bigger or shorter then 2nd person. ;)

Ah ok king.

Ssneakykills
07-19-2015, 04:49 AM
Ain't nobody got time for debuffs

XghostzX
07-19-2015, 09:24 PM

When I compete in whatever it is, I like maintaining consistency because I believe when you perfect something that's feels second nature, then you can really master whatever it is you're doing.

Debuffs are such a big "iffy" component now. I have tried maxing out one debuff (Weakness, typically, like you do against bears). Here are some of the problems I encounter with it:

-Debuffs have an unusually lower hit chance than any of the damage spells. I'm not kidding - you can test this yourself over and over again.
-That extra second you spend casting a debuff at close range is one extra second the str class has to stun you and pull you. I like having icestorm as the ONLY 6m skill, as you want to get out of that 6m zone as fast as possible to maximize your success CONSISTENTLY. Debuffs (Weakness in this case) is that "iffy"... you never know if it's going to hit, and personally for me, it only creates poor habits that get me killed!

Damage output is relatively stable. So simply enough, I like to maximize my damage even if it's only 15 or 20 damage, because that is what will ultimately add up to kill the opponent more times than not.

As an INT mage I observe these things really closely. Call me a nerd, but I like being a perfectionist at this stuff. Again, it is all preference and I definitely value other builds (because I completely agree, if you hit weakness you're in a good position)

dudetus
07-20-2015, 04:16 AM
When I compete in whatever it is, I like maintaining consistency because I believe when you perfect something that's feels second nature, then you can really master whatever it is you're doing.

Debuffs are such a big "iffy" component now. I have tried maxing out one debuff (Weakness, typically, like you do against bears). Here are some of the problems I encounter with it:

-Debuffs have an unusually lower hit chance than any of the damage spells. I'm not kidding - you can test this yourself over and over again.
-That extra second you spend casting a debuff at close range is one extra second the str class has to stun you and pull you. I like having icestorm as the ONLY 6m skill, as you want to get out of that 6m zone as fast as possible to maximize your success CONSISTENTLY. Debuffs (Weakness in this case) is that "iffy"... you never know if it's going to hit, and personally for me, it only creates poor habits that get me killed!

Damage output is relatively stable. So simply enough, I like to maximize my damage even if it's only 15 or 20 damage, because that is what will ultimately add up to kill the opponent more times than not.

As an INT mage I observe these things really closely. Call me a nerd, but I like being a perfectionist at this stuff. Again, it is all preference and I definitely value other builds (because I completely agree, if you hit weakness you're in a good position)

Don't ruin ur jock image Will, soon we'll all think u're secretly a nerd.

iRandom
07-20-2015, 04:21 AM
Don't ruin ur jock image Will, soon we'll all think u're secretly a nerd.

i already openly think he is nerd

anahadaz
07-21-2015, 10:50 AM
i already openly think he is nerd

I think I would be speaking for a few people in saying that no one finds your sarcastic/attempted humour-filled posts funny or amusing, they're pretty annoying in fact

AppleNoob
07-21-2015, 03:57 PM
I think I would be speaking for a few people in saying that no one finds your sarcastic/attempted humour-filled posts funny or amusing, they're pretty annoying in fact

I think he was being honest.

Groaning
07-21-2015, 05:43 PM
I think he was being honest.

He's always being honest (unless he's talking about me)

iRandom
07-22-2015, 03:48 PM
He's always being honest (unless he's talking about me)

too true

11 characters

Descriptive
07-24-2015, 11:49 PM
Blahhhhhhh hhhhhhh

humiiii
07-25-2015, 04:57 AM
Blahhhhhhh hhhhhhh

Wise words.

Ignitedmage
07-25-2015, 06:05 AM
Blahhhhhhh hhhhhhh

Please don't post any type of post boosting reply. Also can you change your location? constructive

humiiii
07-25-2015, 07:36 AM
Please don't post any type of post boosting reply. Also can you change your location? constructive

Ew lol his location is almost same as mine

Ignitedmage
07-25-2015, 08:37 AM
Ew lol his location is almost same as mine

but yours is describing a troll where as he went straight to sis lol

Promagin
07-27-2015, 07:00 PM

Boost boost.

Ignitedmage
07-28-2015, 04:05 AM
Boost boost.

:D :9 :'( ;D ;)
11 characters