PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Vanities/Cosmetics/Benefits for platinum buyers

Titanfall
07-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Starting off by saying no, Im not a plat buyer. Mainly because of plat farmers out there who can get thousands of pounds worth of platinum for free, but if this was to be implemented, Im sure me and many others would gladly purchase more plat.
The games plat buyers, the people who have helped develop this game. Have nothing to buy platinum for anymore, due to the "new" economy that is benefiting the majority of us, but making them feel like they wasted their money. I have a few solutions.

SOLUTION 1
Make a special vanity set for all classes that consists of helmet, armor and banner. Now to get the vanity and banner, you have to buy ANY plat package. When you first receive it, it doesnt look great.
However...this vanity is special, it has ranks, and the higher the rank, the cooler it looks. As you rank up the vanity, it gains special effects, and gets additions to make it look like something worth spending platinum for. To increase the rank you have to BUY platinum (so plat farmers keep their filthy paws off it) more expensive packages give more XP. Cheaper packages give less XP.

SOLUTION 2
Add in a "Platinum Membership". This membership gives you everyday items every week. This membership is a pay monthly membership and costs around lets say £10 a month, or you can get the yearly membership that lasts a year for £60. The items you receive weekly for example can be...
-25 ankhs
-2000 potions of each type
-20 story tokens
-50k gold
-50 platinum

SOLUTION 3
Add a "Platinum Rank" to every account. This rank is based on your account, not your toons, and increases as you BUY platinum (once again, keep plat farmers filthy paws away). More expensive packages you buy more XP you get to level up your platinum rank, same as before.
Solution 3 can also work with solution 1 and 2 mentioned above.
For solution 1, Instead of having the vanity rank, the vanity can use the accounts "Platinum Rank". So as your Platinum Rank levels up, so does your fancy vanity.
For solution 2, as you level up your platinum rank, your membership benefits increase (more ankhs, pots etc). However these are just slight additions that merge all 3 solutions together.

Thanks for reading :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bidiel
07-17-2015, 09:41 AM
the solutions 2 sound good im not plat user but i can spend 10 pounds for that XD :D good idea to help

Candylicks
07-17-2015, 11:19 AM
How about asking the plat users what would make us happy? (:

OK that's me.

You see the problem is arcane are worth nothing so we drop

100,500,whatever bucks for what? Nothing.

Again we fund the game so if we can't get any return off our money we won't be spending anymore.

It's a f2p game. Enjoy it.

rkp71
07-17-2015, 11:22 AM
How about actually doing something about plat farmers so people dont have to make up stuff to work around them.

Candylicks
07-17-2015, 11:35 AM
How about actually doing something about plat farmers so people dont have to make up stuff to work around them.
They are mostly gone. Idk what you guys have problem with understanding this. They stomped the majority of them ages ago. It's a non issue atm. You might get people here and there trying to reset devices and redo the offers but every single person I know that does it gets banned.

Oursizes
07-17-2015, 11:57 AM
How about not turning to locks as the primary plat spending item.... In case you didnt know theres many other ways to convert plat to gold. So many threads popping up about plat users again wanting to manipulate the economy.. Lol. You want rings and nekro back at 50mil? A price no one else was able to reach except those spending tons of money?

Bigboyblue
07-17-2015, 12:24 PM
How about not turning to locks as the primary plat spending item.... In case you didnt know theres many other ways to convert plat to gold. So many threads popping up about plat users again wanting to manipulate the economy.. Lol. You want rings and nekro back at 50mil? A price no one else was able to reach except those spending tons of money?

When locks are no longer desired it has a large impact on f2p players. Most people make their money by farming locks. Also luck kits are selling so high in CS because of locks. The lock market is going to crash soon. I think a lot of older players are having a hard time kicking the lock habit but the day is coming. 2k locks here we come. The lock market affects spenders and free players alike.

Edward Coug
07-17-2015, 12:54 PM

OK that's me.

Again we fund the game so if we can't get any return off our money we won't be spending anymore.

Heavy plat users can still make a fortune from opening locks, if that's what they want to do. They just have to open locks at the right time. The plat users who opened locks right after the expansion made a bunch of gold. The plat users who open a bunch of event locks during Ursoth will also make a bunch of gold. It takes a little bit more strategy than before, but it's still so much easier than farming.

The other point I want to make is that it may be more profitable and sustainable for STG to have a large pool of small plat spenders than a small pool of big spenders. I think this gets glossed over by the big spenders.

The last point I want to bring up is what the big spenders actually want. Some are content with the advantage of making a ton of gold by opening locks, while others don't think that's enough. They want to have access to better gear than non-plat spenders (and than those who spend less plat). I think this a perfectly valid argument to make. I don't begrudge anyone for wanting this to happen. But I can tell you that if it does happen, many players will quit (plat and non-plat spenders). And it's not because we don't want to spend plat. It's just that we like the farming part of the game. If you take that away, the game becomes pointless for us.

Full disclosure. I do buy plat to support the game (not a ton, but some consistently). I generally just throw it away on things like plat finishes and respecs (and vanity pets like Lemon and Lime, lol) because I like to work for everything.

xcainnblecterx
07-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Plat users already get free stuff from time to time. Vip elixers, VIP locked, etc.

Dex Scene
07-17-2015, 04:55 PM
Don't plat users have edge already??
I meant if I buy 1700 plat pack I get lots of golds which takes so many days to farm.
I dont know what else everyone wants.

Maybe we can also get some exclusive vanities for farming?
Like if you buy bar from teeth vendor 5 times, you get this and that vanities?
Or if you have farmed xxx times of lockeds you get this and that vanities?
Naah jk. We don't need it.
But the thought that PLAT SPENDERS are running the game is very funny.
10k usd or 50k usd cant run the game.
Take out all the non plat players from the game. See how long it survives.

Enuf said.

Kumsaati
07-17-2015, 04:58 PM
I just want say something who is this secret play farmers everyone talking about? I did some nativex offers week ago and i got 0 plat instead of 32 i wrote them with ss and they gave me.Belive me theres no more plat farm.IF STILL THERE IS MAKE OFFERS ACCOUNT+ DEVICE BASED NOT HARD RIGHT? SO PEOPLE CANNOT BUY GOLD WITH PLAT BCS 1 TIME DO MAX 50PLAT. THANKS FOR READING XD

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

~PureUnity~
07-18-2015, 05:56 PM
I just want say something who is this secret play farmers everyone talking about? I did some nativex offers week ago and i got 0 plat instead of 32 i wrote them with ss and they gave me.Belive me theres no more plat farm.IF STILL THERE IS MAKE OFFERS ACCOUNT+ DEVICE BASED NOT HARD RIGHT? SO PEOPLE CANNOT BUY GOLD WITH PLAT BCS 1 TIME DO MAX 50PLAT. THANKS FOR READING XD

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

You really don't get how plat farming works . . .
The offers are device based (unique identifiers), that's the point . . .

I won't go into more detail, but Candylicks knows what I mean through a PM I sent her using my old forum account.

Mouly
07-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Don't plat users have edge already??
I meant if I buy 1700 plat pack I get lots of golds which takes so many days to farm.
I dont know what else everyone wants.

Maybe we can also get some exclusive vanities for farming?
Like if you buy bar from teeth vendor 5 times, you get this and that vanities?
Or if you have farmed xxx times of lockeds you get this and that vanities?
Naah jk. We don't need it.
But the thought that PLAT SPENDERS are running the game is very funny.
10k usd or 50k usd cant run the game.
Take out all the non plat players from the game. See how long it survives.

Enuf said.

I'm not sure what you really meant with this post, but witch-hunting platinum buyers is like burning the gasoline in your own car and expect it to run later.

VenomsChaos
07-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Solution 2 can be something like that. Or maybe just 5 ankh everyday (if they dont use, next day still vip ankhs 5.not adding. Everyday must use 5 for the get another 5 next day)

i see play spenders no have to open so many locked because of market crash.

BUT what if sts gonna put 1 new vanity set with gem slow (must be a good looking vanity set. Glow if player use set. And every 3 month add 1 more new looking vanity set)
That way plat players will not stop open lockeds, and lockeds never get so cheap.

Kumsaati
07-18-2015, 06:29 PM
You really don't get how plat farming works . . .
The offers are device based (unique identifiers), that's the point . . .

I won't go into more detail, but Candylicks knows what I mean through a PM I sent her using my old forum account.
Did you read what i write carefully? I said make them device+account based so one account can do offer 1 time and award will max 28-50plat.He can not buy gold with it.Also plat farming is only works in ipad n ios devices no and device id can see thats why.If you have android (rooted) you can try change imei device id etc and you can try your luck.

Titanfall
07-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Did you read what i write carefully? I said make them device+account based so one account can do offer 1 time and award will max 28-50plat.He can not buy gold with it.Also plat farming is only works in ipad n ios devices no and device id can see thats why.If you have android (rooted) you can try change imei device id etc and you can try your luck.
You still really dont understand plat farming

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

~PureUnity~
07-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Actually they are account wide.

Loxonna
07-21-2015, 02:52 AM
U can use bluestacks to do all the free plat on different accounts and when u are done just uninstall and reinstall bluestacks :-)

Fightbeast
07-21-2015, 03:52 AM
I would say that plat spenders of course need and deserve some advantage over the f2p players. I mean they are the ones who are keeping the game running for the rest of the players. But the difference that it creates should not be that gigantic that f2p players have to leave the game.
Plus on the topic of price of arcanes, it is the plat spenders themselves who have brought down the price of these rare items. So complaining over it is no use. Economy of AL has changed a lot. What we need now are items which bring satisfaction to both plat spenders and f2p players :)
Anyways we have shifted away from the main topic of this thread. I really like the upgradeable vanity idea. And hope sts implements it :)

Titanium
07-21-2015, 04:16 AM
I would say that plat spenders of course need and deserve some advantage over the f2p players. I mean they are the ones who are keeping the game running for the rest of the players. But the difference that it creates should not be that gigantic that f2p players have to leave the game.
Plus on the topic of price of arcanes, it is the plat spenders themselves who have brought down the price of these rare items. So complaining over it is no use. Economy of AL has changed a lot. What we need now are items which bring satisfaction to both plat spenders and f2p players :)
Anyways we have shifted away from the main topic of this thread. I really like the upgradeable vanity idea. And hope sts implements it :)
I agree with you . Plat spenders are meant to have statues all over Arlor.

To be noted: I want mine in Pier.

xxstlucious
07-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Plat is useful when really needed.

BottleNexz
07-21-2015, 03:42 PM

OK that's me.

good... beat it with ur inflated prices and inflated egos... I for one won't miss u. and guess what, the game will still carry on long after ur gone.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BottleNexz
07-21-2015, 03:53 PM
before, small group of op going around farming necro, selling for such an absurd amount the only way to actually buy one would have got u a life time ban... yea, you'll be missed alright and the only reason for that is uve lost ur monopoly on the game. UNLUCKY.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Zuorsyra
07-21-2015, 04:03 PM
You sure put a lot of thought and effort into thinking of new ideas for the improvement of a game kid.
Shouldn't you be doing your homework tho?