PDA

View Full Version : Screen Recorder List

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 10:03 AM
Dear BETA players,

I have made this specific thread for the sole purpose of BETA players on Different platforms who would like to record their screens. Below is a list that has most recorders than i have tested. Anything that is italicized or slanted text means that it is NOT CONFIRMED BY ME. Also, please be reminded that this list is open to anyone, please let me know if you have any questions.

I know that there isnt much to record - and not such a helpful thread at this moment, but i think ill just add this so people can choose over the ones according to their preferences. Let me start off by Android, followed by iOS and then head onto PCs. I dont own a Linux, so i may not be able to suggest one although Linux users may check the web for recording applications.

Android: With the recent Lollipop updates, Android devices that now run on Lollipop have in-built APIs (application programming interface) can get screen recorders at ease. Android users that run below 5.0 may require to root their devices or preferably use Mobizen - an app that can easily record your screen with ease.

PLEASE NOTE YOU ARE USING THESE APPs AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Android - 0% Root required

Mobizen
Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rsupport.mvagent&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorgani c%26utm_term%3Dmobizen&pcampaignid=APPU_1_aJaoVbnRB9SXuAT0mrGICQ
Rating: ☆☆☆
Description: This app is mainly a good screen recorder for those who do not use Lollipop OS, and looking for non-rooted applications. It has a range of options, and it has a watermark so if youre a user who doesnt care about watermarks, then this app should work fine. The watermark is at the bottom right corner of the screen.

iLos - Lollipop OS only...(2 Links)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icos.ilos.uploader&hl=en
http://thetechrism.com/5-best-screen-recording-apps-android-without-root-2015/
Rating: ☆☆☆
NOTE: The 2nd Link takes you to 5x recording options, scroll to the last one for iLos's download link.
Description: iLos is an ap specifically designed to be used on devices that run on Lollipop OS (operating system). You can start recording without using an E-mail address by hitting the "Tap to start screen recording" button. Adjust the resolution by using the options button at the top right of the screen. iLos may be an option for users who do not like watermarks. It has a not-so-good resolution comparing to what mobizen has.

NO ROOT Screen Recorder - by Recordable
http://recordable.mobi/install
Rating: Not used yet...i dont have my PC as of now...
Description: You need a PC to install this app. I have used the Link where the site has the info on where to download the APP on Android, then get the installer from the website(link is already up there) on YOUR PC.

AZ Screen Recorder - No Root - Lollipop Users Only
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorgani c%26utm_term%3Dnon+root+android+screen+recorders&pcampaignid=APPU_1_BpmoVcOIJpGHuAS9tIqICQ
Rating: ☆☆☆☆
Description: This one is really good, although the clarity may be a bit bad and possibly available for LOLLIPOP Only, adjust them in the settings. Learn this app's settings first, i recommend it since it is best after mobizen (from what i can say). It has multiple options that you can use which mobizen doesnt have. Also, there are PLENTY of options (some are paid options) that you can use. In my opinion, this app is really worth it, and its totally for free! :D

NOTEs regarding AZ recorder
Folks, Do not check box the option named "DO NOT ASK AGAIN" when you record the screen, the app will start crashing and you will need to clear the app's data, uninstall and install it again from the app store. There is a problem with the settings, if you made some changes, use the last (exit app) button (the one screen menu) for the setting changes to work. Close all apps and then change the settings, then exit the app.

The extra options...
There are a couple of restricted options...sadly you have to donate for some options like draw-on-screen-while-recording, .GIF converter, Facecam, Video trimer, show-text-and-logo, Magic button. I believe donating for this app is worth it if youre looking for better options.

iOS

iRec

Shou

Still looking...

Windows

Coming soon...

Bandicam
Screencast (in-chrome app)

To-Do's:

Description upgrades.
Minimum Requirements.
Detailed descriptions.
Ratings Adjustment.
Thread UI adjustment.

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Just the thread I needed, thanks Wazakesy!

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Just the thread I needed, thanks Wazakesy!

Me happys after reading dis! :D

~Translation of my cybertronian language~

Im happy i could help :D

Waug
07-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Let me clear few things for you and all the peoples who's looking for this.

1> Android Lollipop (5+) has inbuild API that Apps can use to record screen without root, that mean if you have android lollipop you'll find screen recording apps very easily without much problems.
For android version lower than that specially lower than 4.4 either need root access or another device PC for example. who ever trying to record even with root access, he/she really have to struggle for the quality, but ofc game specific and most important you really need high spec (High CPU GPU) device. SCREEN CAST {for rooted devices} (Discontinued ages ago but works flawlessly without lag, because it directly does not record scree somehow it records the internal display drivers)

2> MOBIZEN IS NOT SAMSUNG EXCLUSIVE.

3> Be careful a app you named here most probably adware, that dont work atall & if you find you'll get few more apps that good (pretty much depends on device though)

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 10:31 AM
Let me clear few things for you and all the peoples who's looking for this.

1> Android Lollipop (5+) has inbuild API that Apps can use to record screen without root, that mean if you have android lollipop you'll find screen recording apps very easily without much problems.
For android version lower than that specially lower than 4.4 either need root access or another device PC for example. who ever trying to record even with root access, he/she really have to struggle the quality, but ofc game specific and most important you really need high spec (High CPU GPU) device. SCREEN CAST {for rooted devices} (Discontinued ages ago but works flawlessly without lag, because it directly does not record scree somehow it records the internal display drivers)

2> MOBIZEN IS NOT SAMSUNG EXCLUSIVE.

3> Care full a app you named here most probably adware, that dont work atall & if you find you'll get few more apps that good (pretty much depends on device though)

Thanks on the Mobizen one, Please let me know the app name via a PM or another Quoted Post.

Edit: Forgot to add my full post, hit the post button accidentally - yes android 5 has inbuilt API apps that allow getting recorder apps with ease, it was a scheduled info that was meant to be added later. Right now i cannot edit my posts, i can only do it later sjnce i have to sleep in a while :p

Schnitzel
07-17-2015, 10:36 AM
So which one do y'all recommend?
(My Moto X is running 5.1)

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 10:39 AM
So which one do y'all recommend?
(My Moto X is running 5.1)

5.1? Grab AZ recorder, its the one im currently using, you can even use mobizen. iLos wasnt so good, AZ was better than Mobizen for me due to its range of ~Features~

represents
07-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Dont use recordable i tried getting app on my tablet told me install over PC total waste of time lel.

Wazakesy
07-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Dont use recordable i tried getting app on my tablet told me install over PC total waste of time lel.

It was clearly mentioned you needed a PC for the Application... But, Thanks for the feedback on this. Let me re-arrange the whole of the guide.

Schnitzel
07-19-2015, 04:40 PM
btw, Waza, OSX has QuickTime Player for screen recording

Wazakesy
07-20-2015, 01:09 AM
btw, Waza, OSX has QuickTime Player for screen recording

I was out for a couple of days, and yep - quicktime has 60FPS whilst recording by connecting your PC to your ipad or iphone.

Schnitzel
07-20-2015, 11:32 AM
I was out for a couple of days, and yep - quicktime has 60FPS whilst recording by connecting your PC to your ipad or iphone.

I meant as in MacOSX has QuickTime Player for screen recording. I'm not sure if iOS has this app

btw, grats on 1337 posts

Kingumar
07-24-2015, 03:46 AM
For iPhone download shou or irec you no need jailbreak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wazakesy
07-29-2015, 05:26 AM
For iPhone download shou or irec you no need jailbreak

You'll require a 3rd party software to actually look at the video (most likely a PC), and that process is a bit ~boring~

Farminer's
07-29-2015, 10:47 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/29/42e17872e4816064e91399a1f17b7e65.jpg
Mobi requires a computer...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Kingumar
07-29-2015, 06:38 PM
You'll require a 3rd party software to actually look at the video (most likely a PC), and that process is a bit ~boring~

Nope I used shou and it works fine you no need a third party software to look at the video

Wazakesy
07-31-2015, 01:11 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/29/42e17872e4816064e91399a1f17b7e65.jpg
Mobi requires a computer...

Nope, i have used mobizen without a computer, what recording option did you use? You may be missing a plugin as that could be why you need a computer. I will check the Q&A thread if mobizen has one. I dont think you reqiire "booster mode" to record the screen.

Edit: Android 4.0 higher is required for mobizen, from the website...

Whats youre Android OS version?

Farminer's
07-31-2015, 01:12 PM
Nope, i have used mobizen without a computer, what recording option did you use?
The only 1? I have a computer so I will figure it out.

CipiXxArcanexX
07-31-2015, 02:16 PM
I can't root my phone and i want record my screen..at mobizehen need computer... And some of my friends used it without computer .how?? My android is 4.3

Trimis de pe al meu A6 Quad folosind Tapatalk

Waug
07-31-2015, 09:38 PM
Ok Let me clear all the confution about mobizen, its simple

If you have android version 4.2+ and rooted u can record without a pc, if not then need pc and device driver installed in PC.

Farminer's
08-01-2015, 09:08 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/01/86ec1f0f0fe61f11d056a8b01a9db06e.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/01/03d6aa0ab80a710afc5605e946bf499b.jpg
It says my Android is not compatible does this mean I can not record on this device.

Wazakesy
08-09-2015, 02:09 AM
Hmmm....try other apps? I think ill check the supported devices lists of these SCRs and update more, school is coming soon...wont be having much time.

Roberto077
08-15-2015, 02:24 PM
The non-jailbreak iOS screen recorders are both horrible from my experience. You are better off jailbreaking and getting display recorder or using AirPlay to a computer and recording from there.