PDA

View Full Version : Bear weapons question

dogger
04-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey guys,
So i was wondering what the benefit of certain weapons are? For ex: it seems like a 1h axe is always a better option than a 1h sword simply because of damage. I see that swords are obviously faster attack speed, but that doesnt seem to compensate for an axe's dmg output. Im still learning lots about the game and maybe there's an obvious answer to this ? But i figured id get a couple opinions. Thanks guys :confused:

B0w1-of-R1ce
04-28-2011, 04:43 PM
The ahnold gear (epic) has higher armor which is good for str bears...i think. Plus its mad cheap compared to other stuff.

MAlandM
04-28-2011, 04:57 PM
2h weapons such as gurgox hammer have the highest true dps. Swords and 1h axes have the highest dps. Axes are normally faster, but swords have a little better true dps I think.

wvhills
04-28-2011, 05:31 PM
like has been said, 2h weapons do the most damage to a single opponent over time but a sword transfers more of it's damage to your skills than an axe or 2h weapon. I use a sword and shield when clearing mobs the switch to my gurgox hammer when I get to the boss.

Ellyidol
04-28-2011, 11:16 PM
It seems in the later levels (50+), a 1H Sword gives more skill damage than a 1H Axe, despite showing lesser actual base damage.

There's really no straightforward way to know why, or how you can tell which of the 2 give higher skill damage (especially since Axe shows more base damage), so it's really trial and error.

krullnan
04-29-2011, 01:42 AM
on top of it being mad cheap its easy to come by with drops too

Ellyidol
04-29-2011, 02:50 AM
on top of it being mad cheap its easy to come by with drops too

An Axe? True, but just shouldn't forget it doesn't complete the set. :)

I'd choose an Axe if it was that cheap and didn't want to complete the set anyway.