PDA

View Full Version : The Sandstone Caves – Items Teaser

Samhayne
04-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Rocks? Boulders? Shiny Stones? HA!

There are better things to gather in the Sandstone Caves than gold dust!

A whole new premium adventure area is coming soon to Pocket Legends: The Sandstone Caves. Designed for characters level 20 to 25, the Sandstone Caves provides unique fun and adventure for those brave enough to battle the dangers the sandy rocks provide.

If you missed the it, check out the Sneak Peak Announcement of The Sandstone Caves (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?25000-First-Look-at-a-New-Adventure-The-Sandstone-Caves).

Today, we are looking closer at what armor and weapons your prospector can rustle up.

Three new and unique sets of armor for each class
Collect all the pieces to each set of armor and enjoy set bonuses
New and unique weapons, shields and off-hands
New vanity items

That is a lot of stuff! Take a look below for a sneak peak.

The Sandstone Caves will be available the first week of May in the Pocket Legends Store for 10 Platinum.

Check in with us over the coming days and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pocketlegends) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/PocketLegends) for more sneak peak information about the Sandstone Caves. Next up, we will take a closer look at new monsters and Bosses.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/samhayne/sandstone/OnyxEnch.jpg

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/samhayne/sandstone/CrysUrsan.jpg

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/samhayne/sandstone/EarthAvian.jpg

Echelong
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Wow very very nice sets.... one question though if you use a str set on an elf do we get the helm or does it change to a tiara like the 55 sets?

Junside
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Ooh I see new talons for birds! Hopefully when thrown they don't simply look like those chicken drumstick projectiles lol

Twinks should become more popular now.

I think STS is obsessed with shiny gemstones :D

superss
04-28-2011, 01:08 PM
oooo every class gets warrior spiked-sholders style armour!

Samhayne
04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
I think STS is obsessed with shiny gemstones :D

Who isn't? :)

razerfingers
04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
=O hmmmmmm looks legit

KaotiicxDream
04-28-2011, 01:11 PM
A guy named Sandy !!!!!!!! My new best friend for Sandyxravage ^^ haha thx Devs !!!

Ugh 10 plat .. I need one more plat !!!!

Lesrider
04-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Lol the lvl 20's are gonna look stronger than the lvl 55-6's.

thatboyderek
04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Is that a dagger for the bird?

WILLIAM cmy
04-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Any level cap raises or high-level hidden dungeon(s) in this new map??

Ellyidol
04-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Would this be an elite campaign for 20-25? Either way, I hope drop rates are low enough to keep it interesting for awhile :)

Major
04-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Looks awesome STS good job!!

BeardedBear
04-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Wow very very nice sets.... one question though if you use a str set on an elf do we get the helm or does it change to a tiara like the 55 sets?

My guess is it will be the same as BS gear is now. I bet it will stay that way as well.

Arterra
04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
these are indeed the FINEST items i have seen in the game!

Bgandyful
04-28-2011, 01:54 PM
The last lvl I belive was called Golem Guantlets?! I cant wait ..

razerfingers
04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
i dont want it to come out when i dont have a device to play it on lol

Junside
04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I wonder what the gold drop rate will be

Glauk
04-28-2011, 02:21 PM
I can see it now...pink drop rates will be high for the first 24 hours and every high level will be in there farming the bejesus out of it. The players that are on here 24/7 and have amassed millions in gold will hold on to the sets and the CS prices will be so high that any normal 20 to 25 level will never be able to afford them.

They will then brag about how many sets they have, which in turn, will catch the DEVs eye as these aggravated lower levels will come to the forums to complain. The DEVs will nerf the drop rates, and the average player will get the shaft once again. Which in turn will make the campaign into another ghost town like the swamps.

Bgandyful
04-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Was lvl 20/25 always the idea ? I ask cause placment of sandstone caves was behind sewers? Was this a levl cap for 55s/56 but since It leaked ,that was nerferd?

Tiliana
04-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Will there be a wand/bracer option for the mages?

KingFu
04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
It will scale to lvl 20 right? So psyched to farm:)

Echelong
04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
[CENTER]

Three new and unique sets of armor for each class
Collect all the pieces to each set of armor and enjoy set bonuses
New and unique weapons, shields and off-hands
New vanity items

One question though is it 3 sets total or three sets for each class? I think its 3 sets one for each class but I do have the doubt.

Samhayne
04-28-2011, 02:51 PM
One question though is it 3 sets total or three sets for each class? I think its 3 sets one for each class but I do have the doubt.

There are 3 new armor "looks" that come in cloth, leather and plate.

spookytooth
04-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Wow cant wait, i may hurry and level me a character to 20 just so i can get the full challenge experience of it. Awsome lookin sets hope theres some nice low level ultra rares :)

WoundedEagle
04-28-2011, 02:56 PM
@Samhayne CRYSTALS!!!!!! YEAH HOW CAN NO ONE LIKE SHINY?!

joeychandler
04-28-2011, 03:14 PM
THREE new sets for each class :O looks awesome, nice to see some new unique gear

Anyone down for farming this with 20s?, assumin the loot is 20-25 scaled

joeychandler
04-28-2011, 03:15 PM

It looks like 3 per class seeing as there's 2 strength sets in the pictures

Echelong
04-28-2011, 03:23 PM
It looks like 3 per class seeing as there's 2 strength sets in the pictures

Nope I think the bird is using a wing (very kool looking) and talon.

I hope the sets come from lvl 20 and 25 and not 21 and up.

Addicted
04-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow cant wait, i may hurry and level me a character to 20 just so i can get the full challenge experience of it. Awsome lookin sets hope theres some nice low level ultra rares :)

It would be cool if higher level characters were not allowed to joing, for a while. Just like low level characters can't join Sewers, no high level characters in Sandstone Caves - would make the challenge a lot more fun.

--Gears up, dusts off level 20 bird--

joeychandler
04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
It will scale to lvl 20 right? So psyched to farm:)

Yesyesyesyesyes add someblackman :)

aloysiuslau
04-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Wow..... I loved the look! Nice update! Keke.... farming time...... lol....

davidis57
04-28-2011, 04:51 PM
William the answer is no

Beanmachine
04-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Awesome! Nice job devs! I reckon that archers have the coolest gear out of all three:)

apocketlegend
04-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm looking forward to the update. When does it come out I wonder? I'm most excited because I have a level 23 twink and I would love new gear

YYZ????
04-28-2011, 06:57 PM
THREE new sets for each class :O looks awesome, nice to see some new unique gear

I am up for lvl 20 farming. Add YYZmule. Lvl 20 dex/bear. I just created him last week hoping the loot is scaled.

Groad
04-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm looking forward to the update. When does it come out I wonder? I'm most excited because I have a level 23 twink and I would love new gear

First week of May. Yay!

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
04-28-2011, 07:57 PM
sick...
woooooww

Nightarcher
04-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I am farming the HECK out of this map when it's released. XD

Addicted
04-28-2011, 11:08 PM

I have a level 20 Bird ready to go... Add me if you want - AddictedBirdy

I think it will be more fun trying to run it with level 20s than with my level 55 characters, especially the first few days.

aldoric
04-29-2011, 01:37 AM
this is so sweet i am soo gonna get all the possible pieces from this dungeon -.-

JaytB
04-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Sweet! Can't wait to kill some new bosses and see the new sets in game :D

Ladylove
04-29-2011, 01:44 AM
STS teases me so much... Oh stawp it!

Necrobane
04-29-2011, 01:45 AM
All I can say, is why not put this much effort into BS?

Otukura
04-29-2011, 01:53 AM

I'm inclined to agree. Personally, I think the level 50 gear looks better than BS...

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 02:13 AM

Maybe they put forth extra effort due to feedback that BS gear was visually underwhelming ;)

Glad I coincidentally made a twink last week to go play here!

Marcoolio
04-29-2011, 02:34 AM
Hmmm..

What i think to happens.. SOO much booting out!! All lvl 50-56 start farming there and boot newbies out -.- thats shame becouse every one of us been there lower level and someone help u up.

Other thing what is in this topick allready.. 24/7 farmers gets lots of sets and price in cs will be 200k+ if drop rate is high enough and how many lvl20 has that much gold?? I remember how hard is to get gold to buy stuff or potions that lvl and i mean normal player not hardcore.

If drop rate is low thats not intresting long so this is awkward situation.

I hope devs. think this and find out solution.

Im so happy to get new quests to do and why not intrested so cool looking black set to mage.
I say this allready when im in there host I DONT BOOT LOWERS OUT! becouse i get sooo much help when i survive this mystical world :)

\\Peace//

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Drop rate will probably be pretty low. Why would they jack it up more than other levels? It is the way it always is...new gear = expensive, then drops in price as more become available.

50-56s will just for their own games, hopefully. I know I will, and put a password on it so my friends can join. Or I'll just play on a twink.

Marcoolio
04-29-2011, 03:30 AM
Drop rate will probably be pretty low. Why would they jack it up more than other levels? It is the way it always is...new gear = expensive, then drops in price as more become available.

50-56s will just for their own games, hopefully. I know I will, and put a password on it so my friends can join. Or I'll just play on a twink.

Well what a awesome game it is if all players think and act smart like that... some not just get that privacy = password

Riccits
04-29-2011, 03:47 AM
partys will be 55-66 or 20-25. i will boot all 20 in my 55 party... theres no reason to mix up.
and yes loot rate will be quite low, but its no elite dungeon, so for 55 will be like rushing to boss...

Corpser
04-29-2011, 05:05 AM
grumbles why does the lvl 20-25 gear look SO GOOD lol jokes

thanks for the teaser devs i know i asked for it but now i want it so bad lol. :)

Lesrider
04-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Guys, it's basically a twink map.
How many of you cared about links on your first char leveling up? I know I didn't.
So prices shouldn't matter.

Personally, I don't understand all this going backwards and making new/improved lower level areas/gear that look cooler than the higher lvl stuff. Is it an attempt to get people to buy more chars to start over with?

I dunno, I haven't played enough MMO's to answer this question -- but have other games ever done that before?

Riccits
04-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Guys, it's basically a twink map.
How many of you cared about links on your first char leveling up? I know I didn't.
So prices shouldn't matter.

Personally, I don't understand all this going backwards and making new/improved lower level areas/gear that look cooler than the higher lvl stuff. Is it an attempt to get people to buy more chars to start over with?

I dunno, I haven't played enough MMO's to answer this question -- but have other games ever done that before?

there are always a loot newcomers in pl. may devs figured out they stop plaing at a certain level (may 20-30 who knows). so sts gives them more to play and enjoy the game. level 55 players arent that much as the great mass of 1-30.

Snakespeare
04-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Click the checkbox called "disable xp gain" and farm with characters who might actually die. It is more fun that way.

BeardedBear
04-29-2011, 08:55 AM
For those of you saying this is an improvement from BS's gear, it's on the same scale if you ask me. Gear looks like its still based of the type of characters you have. (tiara's on mages, helms on bears, etc) Seemed liked the devs took the easy route for BS and if they stick to this model, that's a shame moving forward.

nazgulking
04-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Omg! I love the new armours! I hope the black mage crown is also a vanity helm, I'll definetely put it on my pally nazgulking :)

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 11:20 AM
For those of you saying this is an improvement from BS's gear, it's on the same scale if you ask me. Gear looks like its still based of the type of characters you have. (tiara's on mages, helms on bears, etc) Seemed liked the devs took the easy route for BS and if they stick to this model, that's a shame moving forward.

Dude, it's a tiara but it is a mean-looking tiara. This is a vast improvement on the BS stuff, imho. All the other gear looks pretty dissimilar to anything previous.

You guys forget that as a "free" base application, they have size limitations and do a fair job of balancing out features, goodies, etc with being limited on .ipa size. If they redesigned every piece of gear, implemented all these suggestions we have accrued...well, PL wouldn't be free anymore (not going into optional plat items).

superss
04-29-2011, 12:46 PM
devs will there be a talon\shield option for the archers?

BeardedBear
04-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Dude, it's a tiara but it is a mean-looking tiara. This is a vast improvement on the BS stuff, imho. All the other gear looks pretty dissimilar to anything previous.

You guys forget that as a "free" base application, they have size limitations and do a fair job of balancing out features, goodies, etc with being limited on .ipa size. If they redesigned every piece of gear, implemented all these suggestions we have accrued...well, PL wouldn't be free anymore (not going into optional plat items).

Don't get me wrong, the items looking absolutely awesome, maybe I should have started by saying that. DEVS THEY LOOK GREAT!

I was getting at how BS gear is, for example, you use a str helm on a mage, and it's still looks the same as a dex cap, or a str helm. I hope that's not going to continue to happen!

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Don't get me wrong, the items looking absolutely awesome, maybe I should have started by saying that. DEVS THEY LOOK GREAT!

I was getting at how BS gear is, for example, you use a str helm on a mage, and it's still looks the same as a dex cap, or a str helm. I hope that's not going to continue to happen!

Oh yeah, I see what you mean. I was kinda disappointed (but laughed too) when I put the Shield of Gratitude on my pally and now I have a mage carrying a sword and silver/purple bracer, instead of the cool Shield that bears get with the Gratz Shield.

Btw, did anyone notice the bear character named 'Bigsword' is carrying a hammer? :p and the bird armor looks epic.

dballah
04-29-2011, 02:00 PM
First time I've seen a new model for armor. I might put this armor on my level 52 just for looks. :)

Jespo
04-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Looks great!! Watch it be just like the swamps when they first came out -.-". Ohhhh rogmar..

Nightarcher
04-30-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm kind of hoping that the loot won't be scaled and they will only be level 25. Why? Well, if it is scaled, there will be a ton of lv20 farming, and these will just be better items for level 20 twinks. People have been twinking at 20 for awhile, and I wouldn't mind level 25 twinking becoming popular. ;)

asacacab
04-30-2011, 03:50 PM
i would pay any thing for the archer set please if when that comes out will sell to me will give 1mil for it

noobmigo
04-30-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm kind of hoping that the loot won't be scaled and they will only be level 25. Why? Well, if it is scaled, there will be a ton of lv20 farming, and these will just be better items for level 20 twinks. People have been twinking at 20 for awhile, and I wouldn't mind level 25 twinking becoming popular. ;)

Boo!
This idea really sucks! Scaling is much better...

joeychandler
04-30-2011, 04:40 PM
partys will be 55-66 or 20-25. i will boot all 20 in my 55 party... theres no reason to mix up.
and yes loot rate will be quite low, but its no elite dungeon, so for 55 will be like rushing to boss...

Eh.. booting players from their owns level maps is kinda sad... reminds me of being booted from keeper runs as a 49.

Lock your games?

+1 i hope so too

noobmigo
04-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Eh.. booting players from their owns level maps is kinda sad... reminds me of being booted from keeper runs as a 49.

Lock your games?

This message has been approved by the chumdog.

Nightarcher
04-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Boo!
This idea really sucks! Scaling is much better...

If so, say why. ;)

I just want a new level that's popular for twinkage is all.

noobmigo
04-30-2011, 06:52 PM
If so, say why. ;)

I just want a new level that's popular for twinkage is all.

Well, make a petition. Or something. Start a level 25 tourney.
Level 25's are actually pretty common.

Zeus
04-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Dude, I just realized. If there are any dark wands? Say bye bye to my exclusive rose wand. Little by little, my twink (mynasgen) is being picked apart. Lol. First with the PL shield and now possibly with the dark wands xD. No longer unique :(.

noobmigo
04-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Dude, I just realized. If there are any dark wands? Say bye bye to my exclusive rose wand. Little by little, my twink (mynasgen) is being picked apart. Lol. First with the PL shield and now possibly with the dark wands xD. No longer unique :(.

Trololol.
Twinking is getting more and more common. This is expected. I'm torn between selling my sniper xbow thinking there will be a better one, or the cbow from SC will blow and prices inflate on Sniper Xbow..

Nightarcher
04-30-2011, 07:52 PM
You want to restrict the availability of something, to popularize something else? I doubt that's going to go over well with anyone.

Level 50 Void/Cosmos/Rift wasn't scaled, and I think it was the most successful campaign so far. Awesome gear and dungeons, just like this. Just a possibility. :)

noobmigo
04-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Most weren't even aware that Pocket Legends had an item scaling system in-place during the majority of AO3's dominant expansion run. Like I said, that's just restriction for the sake of popularizing something else, which is my opinion, is bodaciously whack, mac.

Err..pimp less? Nah, joke.

I really don't think it should be not scaled (Did that make sense?)
I mean, scaling is better. If you want 25 items, just go farm with your 55.
If you want 20 items, go farm with your 20.
Happiness for everyone, eh?

Fawayleik
05-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Err..pimp less? Nah, joke.

I really don't think it should be not scaled (Did that make sense?)
I mean, scaling is better. If you want 25 items, just go farm with your 55.
If you want 20 items, go farm with your 20.
Happiness for everyone, eh?

My 20 Char is already done... :))

Piiiinks, coooommiiiing!!! XD

Elyseon
05-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Looks amazing almost have 3 chars to play it

aldoric
05-02-2011, 03:27 AM
the gear looks very nice will you dev's bring set bonus into these items?