PDA

View Full Version : Blackstar comes out...

StompArtist
04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
... when? Any tentative dates from the devs?

Varking
04-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Nope, no new more specific dates yet. When they announce the date, I will update the FAQ that you can find here;

Blackstar FAQ (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19023-Blackstar-FAQ-(-What-we-know-as-we-find-out-))

Until then, the release date remains Q2 of 2011 which would be April, May, or June.

ratava
05-02-2011, 12:28 PM
As suspected (http://www.thealistdaily.com/news/feature-pocket-legends-heads-to-your-tv/):

Fernando Blanco: Blackstar is our next project, and it will probably launch in June or maybe later in the summer and its got plenty of technology innovation. The features that we're lining up for Blackstar are unbelievable and the fact that it's still an MMO is exciting. We're getting inquiries from the carriers and they want to do some exclusive stuff for it and there's a lot of inbound interest. It will further SpaceTime Studios as the premier mobile MMO developer so we're looking forward to it.

Slurp! ;)

maddogcharlie
05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Nooo not later in the summer! Dont go all swtor on us guys, if we wanted vague stuff and flaky promises we would look to lucasarts!!! Achk at carrier negotiations to me that rings of DELAY.....we forgive you as long as you feed us before June please.....oh and make it Awesome.

ratava
05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Nooo not later in the summer! Dont go all swtor on us guys, if we wanted vague stuff and flaky promises we would look to lucasarts!!! Achk at carrier negotiations to me that rings of DELAY.....we forgive you as long as you feed us before June please.....oh and make it Awesome.

I hear ya bud... to me sounds more good than anything just a bit longer to wait!

lol swtor ref ;)

maddogcharlie
05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
I dont see STS down on the list for E3 yet, June 9th. So from my three swg accounts costing about 500 a year....which I cant play on at the moment cause of a security problem Sony have......that would buy a heap of developer truth potion (aka beer)......or about 12K of plat.

ratava
05-04-2011, 07:57 AM
I dont see STS down on the list for E3 yet, June 9th. So from my three swg accounts costing about 500 a year....which I cant play on at the moment cause of a security problem Sony have......that would buy a heap of developer truth potion (aka beer)......or about 12K of plat.

Hmm, good question, have to put it to the devs: Are you guys going to E3, sounds like the beers will be on Maddog!!? :D They generally make an appearance at GDC. Not sure they'd be at Europe GDC in August but expect them to be at the one in October... in Austin, Texas:

http://www.gdconf.com/news/

GDC Online will be right down their street, literally! Last one they were at GDC Massively (http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/03/02/gdc-2011-spacetime-pontificates-on-pocket-mmos)

RE: SOE: You might want to go the whole way and revise your personal details... get full name change, move house/country, change banks... :p Always hear good things about SWG and bad things about SOE... !

Acyer
05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
As suspected (http://www.thealistdaily.com/news/feature-pocket-legends-heads-to-your-tv/):

Slurp! ;)
I figured its gonna get pushed back ugh forcing me to play OandC for droid when it releases......

StompArtist
05-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I figured its gonna get pushed back ugh forcing me to play OandC for droid when it releases......

ratava
05-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Still could hit June... guessing most of the game will actually be done then, but all the end stuff (beta/polish/marketing) adds on that much extra. -__-

Acyer
05-04-2011, 03:30 PM

Lol already have should get in next phase.

StompArtist
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Lol already have should get in next phase.

If you buy the lava dragon mount for 9.99$ you have a guaranteed spot too.

Acyer
05-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Bought it.

Rebel
05-04-2011, 08:05 PM

What is your account name on the forums Stomp?

StompArtist
05-04-2011, 08:06 PM
What is your account name on the forums Stomp?

StompArtist. Created today buying the lava dragon tonight somewhere...

Ayrilana
05-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever...

In all seriousness though, I can't wait for it to come out.

ratava
05-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Bought it.

StompArtist. Created today buying the lava dragon tonight somewhere...

Seriously you guys must have high expectations for WoM... I NEVER buy an mmo before I know what it's like or player's report back etc... I guess $9.99 isn't as much but how can you be sure WoM is going to be worth paying for? I'd also never pay to be in a beta; I'd expect to be paid if anything! When is WoM coming out, in a few months?

maddogcharlie
05-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Hmm, good question, have to put it to the devs: Are you guys going to E3, sounds like the beers will be on Maddog!!? :D They generally make an appearance at GDC. Not sure they'd be at Europe GDC in August but expect them to be at the one in October... in Austin
MADDOG -- Deal, they release B* in May and I buy one night of all they can drink :) .........except Cinco .....he couldnt get more loco.

RE: SOE: You might want to go the whole way and revise your personal details... get full name change, move house/country, change banks... :p Always hear good things about SWG and bad things about SOE... !
Lol yeah there goes.more.money on identity protection (cry)

StompArtist
05-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Seriously you guys must have high expectations for WoM... I NEVER buy an mmo before I know what it's like or player's report back etc... I guess $9.99 isn't as much but how can you be sure WoM is going to be worth paying for? I'd also never pay to be in a beta; I'd expect to be paid if anything! When is WoM coming out, in a few months?

I beta tested a bunch of stuff in the past kinda fun....

ratava
05-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Lol yeah there goes.more.money on identity protection (cry)

I already have a "facebook bday" as well as my real bday... ;) Hmm, maybe we should do a "devs' drinks kitty" send around sometime in the next week or two in the forums and in-game... if we don't hear back?!

I beta tested a bunch of stuff in the past kinda fun....

That's true, it does look like the beta will be interesting for WoM. I like the ambition those guys are expressing, a lot. But it's a bit like free samples in shops: Go in take the "free samples" (as much as you can carry/eat/spray...) and then walk out without even thinking of touching wallet. :D

Acyer
05-06-2011, 09:47 AM
WoM isn't due out till dec 7th. But they are like sts they listen to the players looks like its shaping up into a fun holiday season with mmo mobile games.

Chosen of Diara
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
... when? Any tentative dates from the devs?
Blackstar comes out.........right before your weak character dies before the might of the Scorn Empire L0L0L0L