PDA

View Full Version : REAL WORLD problems vs. stupid video game issues

CrimsonTider
04-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Ok, I know I am still new to the forums, but I have a few things to say:

Last night I sat through some of the worst weather I have experienced in my 30 plus years on this earth. I went out this morning to get my family breakfast (because we have NO power) and drove into a world of destruction. I literally teared up at the sight of people walking around in the streets with nothing to do but stare at what they had lost (cars, homes, and some: family members.) Thousands of people across the southern US are without alot of the things we take for granted. Yet, I log on to this website after my power is restored (not having for over 12 hours), and see yet another post of immaturity, and frankly, stupidity.

Folks, we play a game. This game allows us to escape from our real world and grants the opportunity to meet people around the world. To see what I have seen the past week on these forums is ridiculous and uncalled for. Grow up! Who cares if you make a bad trade?? Who cares if someone boots you?? Why not let players of lower levels play with you? (Are we that insecure in our in-game skills?) The game is slowly falling apart because of the constant bickering and complaining.

It's a game... GET OVER IT! People in the real world have real problems right now!

That is all.

Arterra
04-28-2011, 05:18 PM
hate to play the devils advocate, truly... but...

that is your own personal life, and it will not end up affecting 99% of people you meet online. You are going to have to accept the fact that these forums are specifically FOR the game, so you cant help all the discussion that comes with it.

Now i do feel sorry for your town's losses, and perhaps your own, but you have to be reasonable and see you are asking too much from a (generally) children's game forum.

right now you are feeling pretty down so i can see the origin of your anger. just dont let it interfere with other people's personal escapes from reality, as you call them (half rightfully TBH)

Bottom line: you cant expect the forum to not be what it is: a videogame discussion board.

CrimsonTider
04-28-2011, 05:23 PM
There's a difference between discussion and constant whining over stupid issues. I used what happened to me as an EXAMPLE because it seems more and more individuals treat the in-game stuff as real-world, life-or-death instances. Re-read the post. There is no anger involved.

StompArtist
04-28-2011, 05:24 PM
There is no anger involved.

How dare you!

DJMdivine
04-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Not trying to be mean or anything, but this post is going to carry more rants and more bull which is probably the opposite of what you expected to happen.

Tiliana
04-28-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm glad to hear you and your family are alright. I have many, many friends in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham and have ben worried sick. I cried last night after seeing all the destruction of a town (Tuscaloosa) that holds a very special place in my heart. One of the homes that I lived in while at school there was completely gone like it had never existed. The pettiness on the forums will not change. you have many young players who have not learned maturity (but will someday, maybe) and many old players who have never learned it themselves. There are many players on this game who, lke you, are happy playing just to play. I'm sorry that you have come to the forums and it has been a maelstrom of bickering. I hope that it will calm down soon as well. I hear it enough from my toddlers. Hopefully, after reading this, some people will sit back and take a long look at their actions and begin to walk a different path. All the communites that were hit by these terrible storms are in my prayers. Roll Tide Roll!

Arterra
04-28-2011, 05:28 PM
alright alright, i get your points. someone has to get it out of the way, might as well be me and not some easily flamed forum member. a precaution.

agree on how some people do take it seriously. the FB page is quite frankly hilarious... scam this, banned that, cant play here, quitting there... over the top. you can usually tell the maturity level of certain players after big updates with many changes.

I just dont see it ever changing...

CrimsonTider
04-28-2011, 05:32 PM
@Stomp - lol

@DJM - Actually, I don't expect anything because immaturity will always show it's face on these forums because of the high number of children playing this game. But just as they have a right to argue about scams and inappropriate trades, I have a right to tell them to grow up. :)

CrimsonTider
04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
@Tiliana - I hate to hear that and I have family in Montgomery and Huntsville so I have shed my share of tears as well. oh yeah... ROLL TIDE!!

@Arterra - No flame intended and I appreciate your perspective. As I said, not trying to change the forums just hope I can open a few little eyeballs.

DJMdivine
04-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Very true, but they never listen which is pretty sickening. And trust me its not just the children there are actually adults ranting like children on forums and even more on the FB page which is very disappointing.

Arterra
04-28-2011, 05:46 PM
anyway, now that i reached page 2, back to personal opinions and not the other perspective stuff lol

yea i can see that people might be upset over losing a few gold, but as matter of fact that is almost a ceremony lol. my first and last scam was when i was sold a lv43 dagger instead of a lv45 one... they just have to get over it and move on
the raw number of new people that signed up to complain last big update was astonishing. i saw a whole thread of complaints, all made of of people with less than 10 posts....
i wish I could have been on for 48 hours straight just pwning their stupidity with logic and game mechanics... but i gotta sleep xD

Slush
04-28-2011, 05:48 PM
This is a forum about a video-game, what do you expect from a forum where the majority of users are children and teens. It looks like your the only person ranting here.

Rev
04-28-2011, 05:56 PM
I have been in your shoes of social and political awareness.
Most of us come here for escape. That means our petty game problems become our "issues" because the issues of life that you speak of are not what we want to discuss or deal with. I too have snapped over petty squabbling quoting "real" problems in hope to quail a seemingly stupid issue. But the truth of it is...you probably are hurting inside enough from what you saw;and the squabbles here were just something that made you snap.
Put down your game and go volunteer bro. Make a difference. Problem with our country is we have to many hands out and not enough up.
You are good people is what happend to you today. You are bothered by that incredibley sad situation. Go make a difference man. Now is your time to shine...you've waited 30 plus years. You and your family sound 'blessed' that you wern't in that path of destruction...pass it on.
"Evil triumphs because good men do nothing." - (i just quoted it...not sure who said it.)

davidis57
04-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Maybe pl could make use of the next earth day that comes around.

karmakali
04-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Crimson- you have expressed what I call "katrina perspective".
You are blessed to have it and others are blessed they don't.
Glad you and your loved ones are okay.
I am sending good thoughts to you and your community :)

CrimsonTider
04-28-2011, 10:02 PM
@Rev - no snapping going on. Just pointing out an observation, but I appreciate your thoughts. Send me a request in-game so I can add you.

@karm - Ty and thank you for the pm in game! :)

@slush - Your right, it is a game centered around children but adults play too. As a parent of 4 children (pre-teens) I feel it is my duty to guide and explain. I'm sorry you took my post as ranting but I'm not going to get into a war of words with you. Your opinion is your own, but you missed the point of my opinion.