PDA

View Full Version : People Make Me So Mad

NeoQueen
04-28-2011, 05:59 PM
So, I was with a team and we were farming Gurg in the Victory Lap.
1) while four of us were fighting Gurg this player proceeded to come in and get killed by the snipers in the main room. First he said, I'll wait here til ur done since I can't get past. No one told him that we were just doing Gurg, but whatever. Then after we had remade, he rejoins again while we are fighting Gurg and proceeds to die again. He then yells "holy ****, will u come help me!"
How is it anyone's fault that u, as a bird, can't survive? Why should I leave the game just to go back and help you get through? Why don't you start your own game and start from the beginning with a team, genius.

2) I had been farming with the host for a while as they worked on shards. Then, while going to fight Gurg, I get booted with the excuse "sry lvl 56"!! Seriously! I proceeded to tell them that I had been helping them out and they could have booted someone else (namely player from 1). They then replied "sry need birds". Did they happen to miss the fact that we had been defeating Gurg with two mages and a bear and some random changing player?! No bird necessary. WTH!? What is wrong with people? Where is the in game loyalty (even if it's temporary)? And where is the thought, 'let me finish this game then invite my oh so wonderful lvl 56 bird for the next game.'

Rant finished, feeling a little better, but still mad. And people wonder why I like my dog more than most people I know.

giayuan
04-28-2011, 06:06 PM
It always happens, theres gonna be a few bad eggs out there ;D just keep playing and try not minding it.

NeoQueen
04-28-2011, 06:10 PM
It always happens, theres gonna be a few bad eggs out there ;D just keep playing and try not minding it.

I know, I know. Trust me, this game is not my life. It just never fails to amaze me how...how...ugh...I can't even think of the right word to describe these kind of people.

StompArtist
04-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Why get mad? I think this whole story is funny. lol

NeoQueen
04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Why get mad? I think this whole story is funny. lol

It's funny to you. Would you be laughing if you had helped this individual and then had them boot you like that over someone who had just joined, and showed a bad attitude?

Apostar
04-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Been there; know how you feel; just remember who they are and that at sometime or another their going to need you. Then you get to show them how the game is played. Remember water on ducks back; let it roll off.

NeoQueen
04-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Been there; know how you feel; just remember who they are and that at sometime or another their going to need you. Then you get to show them how the game is played. Remember water on ducks back; let it roll off.

I will most definitely not be there for them. I ignored the first dude as soon as he cussed, kinda wish I didn't to hear what he said afterwards. The second person I removed from the friend list and ignored. I'll still play as I play but never with those who act like that.

Junside
04-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Pugs suck. Phys, Elly and a few others have their own closely knit farming party. I think this is a good idea. If you need help with anything feel free to add me. I'm down for anything.

NeoQueen
04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Pugs suck. Phys, Elly and a few others have their own closely knit farming party. I think this is a good idea. If you need help with anything feel free to add me. I'm down for anything.

Thanks man. I also have a group I normally farm with, but because I was on my lower bear, I'm trying to level that up without asking the group to constantly farm lower areas with me. I will keep your offer in mind though.

Diodge
04-28-2011, 08:58 PM
If your doing pugs. Make a list or fill your ignore list.
I pug 75% of my games. The first 20-30days of keeper/sewer runs. I made a nice little list of people I wont join.

People will be people ......... You will find out that the list of ignores is very small compared to the people you will friend and have great runs with.

Ayrilana
04-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Funny. A level 50 mage can solo Gurg without much problem.

Junside
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
A lvl 55 should be able to solo any AO3 boss. Keeper can't kill me for life. :D