PDA

View Full Version : Dual Spec'in a level 53 bear

Duped
04-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Could someone give me some quick tips on dual spec'ing my bear to dex/str?

I've read all of Elly's guide, but I'm just wondering what equips for a booster I will need to have to be able to equip level 53 sewer gear for both STR and DEX. Both guides are very helpful, they are just written from a level 50 and a 55 perspective and I'm hoping since I'm in the middle I won't have to purchase certain items since I have extra stats to use over a 50, yet not as much as a 55.

Any help would be appreciated.

So far I figured 135/134 DEX/STR would be my stats, and now I'm working from there.

I'm mostly looking for the cheapest stuff I can use to get me rolling! Thanks for whatever help you can give

Otukura
04-29-2011, 01:06 AM
Preference, but I'd suggest a 135/143/1 skill set things. This would allow you to use the drainers set when 55.

Anyway, to boosters:

Quick outline for 139 139 :

STR:
of Osiris
of Osiris
of Osiris
of the Rift

DEX
of horus
of Horus
of Horus
of Void

If you do the 135/143/1:

Double str booster:

Of osiris
of Osiris
of Osiris
of Osiris

then swap two of those out for rift things, making your build

of Osiris
of Osiris
of the rift
of the rift

and STR should work.

For dex:
of horus
of horus
of horus
of horus

Add me and I could get you pretty much all of the osiris/horus stuff, can't get on right now though. If you've done cyber, those are cheap boosters. Good luck!

*NB you can not use two handed STR sets
*NB you must swap out the osiris boosters for the STR end game gear BEFORE swapping out the rift.

Duped
04-29-2011, 12:17 PM
You remember I'm speaking about level 53 right? I have 10 less skill points than you are thinking. Also, when can you be on? Send me a PM if you'd like I'd appreciate the help!

Greyhorse
04-29-2011, 12:29 PM
As a lvl 53 bear also trying to get the dual spec/ boost stuff figured out, I'll be interested to know more, also.

(Also, I still don't quite get how the boost thing works yet...do you equip items in a certain sequence to stack stats or something like that? I know 'search is my friend,' but could someone please point me toward more info about this so I can understand better? Thanks.)

Ellyidol
04-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Will work on it more in the morning, just finished work and about to head to bed.

Send me a message on what final gear you want to use and what kind of boosters you have/want to use :)

As a lvl 53 bear also trying to get the dual spec/ boost stuff figured out, I'll be interested to know more, also.

(Also, I still don't quite get how the boost thing works yet...do you equip items in a certain sequence to stack stats or something like that? I know 'search is my friend,' but could someone please point me toward more info about this so I can understand better? Thanks.)

Boosting means using lower level gear that give stat bonuses. (Level 19 gear that gives +7 str, etc). The lower level gear have low stat requirements so you can just equip them straight up, the bonuses they give you would "boost" your required stat enough to allow you to equip the higher level (usually end-game) gear you want.

If you haven't yet, hopefully my guides in my sig could help. Dual spec :)

Duped
04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm not really sure what end game gear I want to use since I've never tried runnin as a tank with dex gear on. I don't know if I could still survive with RR, or if I should go with something to give me higher dodge. I also was thinking of trying a talon and wing since (at least for mob clearing) it still gives me armor boost and when rage is on, the talon would really shine.

I have read your guides Elly, they are fantastic, but I think until I actually DO it (or try) its going to be confusing still somewhat.

Greyhorse
04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
I have read your guides Elly, they are fantastic, but I think until I actually DO it (or try) its going to be confusing still somewhat.

Yeah, Duped, actually trying it will help me to get it figured out.

Ellyidol, thanks! Your guides are great! I appreciate your hard work and willingness to share knowledge.

(Mind you, my RPG experience prior to PL consists of Link/Zelda and a smattering of PS2 Baldur's Gate. Heh. Nothing massively multi-anything.)

And, I've never played WoW, but I shook Felicia Day's hand once, so that should count for something, yes?;)

Duped
04-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Grey, you have slightly more RPG experience than me. Mine ended at Zelda :). No WoW or even shaking someone's hand. Looking forward to the responses.

Corpser
04-29-2011, 05:43 PM
there is an oddd way to dual spec at lvl 54 it involves str amor + str helmet + str shield + int wand or dex talon

only if u wanna know tho

Ellyidol
04-30-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm not really sure what end game gear I want to use since I've never tried runnin as a tank with dex gear on. I don't know if I could still survive with RR, or if I should go with something to give me higher dodge. I also was thinking of trying a talon and wing since (at least for mob clearing) it still gives me armor boost and when rage is on, the talon would really shine.

In BS, or end-game, there isn't that essential need to wear tank/str gear to survive. Wallace does really well on his dex talon set. I prefer doing all the maps in dex gear because it usually allows me to either kill them before they do any noticeable damage, or just kill from a distance if we have a tank.

I have to agree, the guides are just theoretical, just to get you started. You won't fully experience which is suited for you until you try them :)

Duped
04-30-2011, 07:44 PM
I ran into Lizabear last night and she helped me out. I spec'd 135/134 and used Osiris and Horus for the gear to boost stats, and the rest was simple as can be!

Elly, I sent you a PM too.