PDA

View Full Version : 3 Major Issues/Bugs I'm having with AL

Energizeric
07-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Ever since the new expansion and new game client was released, I'm experiencing 3 major issues. It's possible that one or more of these issues is only related to the platform I play on, which is iOS -- I play on an iPad Mini with retina display if that matters...

1) When changing zones from the world map from one town to another, or when teleporting to Klaas or Shazbot, about 1 in 5 times the game client crashes and I am left at my iPad home screen. So in a typical hour of playing, this usually happens several times.

2) When changing between my different characters, the friends list of the new character only loads about half of the time. The other half of the time I am left looking at the friends list of my level 46 even though I am now playing on my level 10 (or visa versa). Because of this, I don't even bother changing characters from the character change screen and now I just quit the app and reload to change characters. This issue used to happen very infrequently with the old app, but now it happens regularly.

3) Lagggggg - I know this probably has little to do with the app itself, but it has gotten worse since the expansion launched, and the last couple of days the game has been almost unplayable. It's fine for about 15 seconds, and then ping will go up to 4-5k, then back down until another 10 or 15 seconds, then again. I've been attempting to play anyway so I can do my daily quests and get my Orc tags, but I die 3-4 times every day doing these dailies because of the lag. Not to mention I haven't seen what a rogue actually looks like in battle in days -- all I see is arrows flying in from off the screen LOL. Warriors freeze and then take a huge jump forward into battle until they freeze again. It's almost humorous but has become very annoying. My internet connection is 30mbps, so that's not the issue.

Anyone else experiencing these same issues?

Trenton
07-20-2015, 11:43 PM
I am having all three problems. The first two, the crashing and the friends list not loading, I have on both my Samsung Galaxy S6 as well as my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

The lag however, only happens on my tablet. I could pin it on the age of the device, but then again it's barely a year old. (of opening it from the package) The S6 never has lag problems, and I only have 15mbps, but I still don't think that's the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

bedmaster
07-20-2015, 11:54 PM
I have the crash issue too on my old galaxy tab, but not in my lg phone. Friends list not loading i never noticed it since 80% of my friends are alwayd offline so i rarely checked it. The lag only happens when i pull tho, in wt4 my ping rises to 40k until my teammates killed all the enemies and the ping goes back normal so yeah i been kicked out of pts often :/

saiyangodgoku
07-21-2015, 12:02 AM
Yup same problems very annoying especially when I am farming locks or teeth

Ice
07-21-2015, 12:06 AM
Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eugene9707
07-21-2015, 12:18 AM
1) When changing zones from the world map from one town to another, or when teleporting to Klaas or Shazbot, about 1 in 5 times the game client crashes and I am left at my iPad home screen. So in a typical hour of playing, this usually happens several times.

Similar issue on chrome as well, not exiting to home screen ( there's none) but the game just froze at the dog running scene and had to refresh page

Wazakesy
07-21-2015, 12:46 AM
on your 2.) try to msg some1 from that list, then the char youre on that FL will get loaded.

Serancha
07-21-2015, 12:52 AM
More threads on this topic are below. Reference:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?249423-App-closes-on-map-change

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?251197-Game-crashes

This one (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?252096-game-crash-because-of-cracked-chaos-jewel) also kind of worked around to being the same issue

G-M
07-21-2015, 09:02 AM
Hi Energizeric. I moved your thread to the technical issues and bugs forum. Thanks for letting us know about these issues. I posted some info about the crash bug here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?249423-App-closes-on-map-change&p=2227989&viewfull=1#post2227989

Kyle Holmes
07-21-2015, 09:17 AM
I have the problem when I switch chars that are in a different guild, the guild list stays the same as the first chars and I have to relog to change it

sent from fritters beak