PDA

View Full Version : To devs/mods question about Barrel and Jar

justhell
07-21-2015, 06:24 AM
I just want to know are barrel and jar will be prime target forever? Or u guys have plan to deal with it?

I'll be very upset if I have to burning bunch of ankh bcoz I keep failed to freezing mob/kill mob,not bcoz I'm late to charge my ice bolt/lightning strike or have problem with my conection,but bcoz my light and ice keep hitting those barrel and jar,which is the distance is twice away from mobs that surrounded me.

Oursizes
07-21-2015, 06:59 AM
Yea this will be very annoying in elites. Was trying first to kill the healer on my rogue and i aim pierced into a barrel/jar.. And the healer was right in front of me!! Tried on my mage also, any of my range attacks such as fire ice or light primarily targeted the barrels/jars... Almost cost me a death. Imagine elites..

ilhanna
07-21-2015, 07:06 AM
I knew it's bad when I'm facing a healer two meters in front me and my nox bolt hit a barrel four meters behind me. This is even more aggravating at boss place.

Wazakesy
07-21-2015, 07:41 AM
Its been here for a very long time. I dont see this change by devs as a "better targetting system". This is another unwanted, and a system change we werent told about - i meant they never said they were going to change it. Could we get a tog- please take this annoying system out, if you were to have a boss right next to you and a barrel about lightyears away it would still hit the barrel -.-

justhell
07-21-2015, 08:44 AM
I asking about this few time but no one devs/mods giving an answer. Seem even devs/mods have no clue how to fix this problem. [emoji36]

Bidiel
07-21-2015, 08:56 AM
destroy barrels/jar before attack the boss :v

justhell
07-21-2015, 10:04 AM
destroy barrels/jar before attack the boss :v
-.- easy in normal map,in elite need to make priority which need to kill first,which need to stun/freeze and with shaman orc have ability to cure stun/freeze + many mob have ability to stun,it will be prety hard for us to destroying barrels/jars first bfore attacking them without spaming ankh/plat for revive.

justhell
07-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Really wish to hear words from devs/mods about this... [emoji10]

Oursizes
07-21-2015, 04:01 PM
No stun immunity either lol.. Instead of making equipable chests they shouldve fixed this. Up up

Remiem
07-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Hey guys, there isn't any target priority coded into barrels or jars to make them priority. As far as the game is concerned the barrels and jars are an AI just like mobs, so it will just auto-target whatever is closest. It is something we have talked about, but something that would require some additional coding to implement a priority system. I'll bring it back up and see if we can get it on the docket for the near future. :)

justhell
07-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, there isn't any target priority coded into barrels or jars to make them priority. As far as the game is concerned the barrels and jars are an AI just like mobs, so it will just auto-target whatever is closest. It is something we have talked about, but something that would require some additional coding to implement a priority system. I'll bring it back up and see if we can get it on the docket for the near future. :)

Thx a lot remi.