PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Pets for level 10 twinks

Energizeric
07-22-2015, 06:57 PM
I figured it would be nice to have a discussion of arcane pets at level 10. If you do not twink at level 10, please don't participate in this discussion.

I currently use Singe on my level 10 sorcerer, but have been thinking of adding another arcane pet, but not sure if there is any reason to or which one I should add.

I noticed when leveling up Nekro on my main that his damage at level 10 was 102, compared to Singe (and other arcane pets) only having 54 damage at level 10. But does that translate into real damage caused? Singe seems to cause much more damage with his AA than Nekro does, plus Singe's stun rate is 75% compared to only 50% for Nekro. Also, Singe gives 286 more health than Nekro, and also adds a 4% damage reduction that Nekro does not. Of course Nekro gives the shield as part of his AA, but how good is his shield at level 10, and does that more than compensate for losing 286 health and a 4% damage reduction? One nice thing about Nekro's AA shield is that it gives stun immunity, so as a sorcerer if you alternate between your shield and Nekro's shield, you can never be stunned.

Comparing damage between these two pets, Nekro will boost my damage by about 3 points, but with Singe's AA buff active, my damage gets boosted by 16 points, so it seems like overall damage would probably be better with Singe.

Then I've also considered Toor. Since the last update I am hearing that Toor's AA is OP at twink levels, but I have not experienced it first hand. The debuffs that are part of his AA seem very useful at twink levels where my sorcerer gun dos not have proc debuffs built in like my mythic gun at end game does. Toor's happiness bonus will also add about 4 damage to my stats, but again I would loose Singe's AA stat buff and would also lose 211 health and the 4% damage reduction that Singe's happiness bonus provides.

As for Maridos, he seems very similar to Singe in lots of ways and also seems more suited for a rogue than a sorcerer.

Any thoughts or advise?

epicrrr
07-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Nekros shield most of time wont break by hits it will stay till it expires thats how good it is, from what I recall he attacks 20% faster than most pet and his damage is almost 2x of any arcane pet out there, but his bonus stats is really what you must sacrifice over singe/mari lower hp but we have jewels i guess.

4% dmg reduction like all dmg reduc buff is very superficial in PVP no one knows if it adds some armor or really reduce incoming damage. Overll Nekro is good for low level not really sure about it on sorcs, though in your case you clearly loves sorcs so nothing to lose.

Oursizes
07-22-2015, 11:16 PM
Nekro on a mage twink is definitely op. At your level it will more than likely never break unless youre fighting a 10/10 para rogue with insane crit. Very good for clashes if you time it right. Personally for toor I have tested it at l15, and it makes some tanks lose between 30-50% hp on just the aa itself(depending on their hp and armor). Toor is very op in twink levels so if you want to save some gold id go with toor but if you have the gold to spend get a nekro for sure unless a friend/guildmate will generally have in a clash. I think toors aa at level 10 will probably be even more op than 15 but only a l10 can tell you that

Alejandros
07-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Bro my nekro crafts im 5 days am a mage ill open on lv10 twink(mage) ur welcome to test if u like just leave a pm here :)

Energizeric
07-23-2015, 07:07 PM
Bro my nekro crafts im 5 days am a mage ill open on lv10 twink(mage) ur welcome to test if u like just leave a pm here :)

Ok thanks, I think we should test and then report the test data here. :)

Trenton
07-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Ok thanks, I think we should test and then report the test data here. :)
I would appreciate so, I know you said not to participate in your thread if you don't play L10 but I'm really considering L10 and looking for an arcane pet, just not sure which one to choose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Artilis
07-23-2015, 09:51 PM
dont listen to them and just keep ur singe ill explain why, first of all ur hp will be so low that any rogue could almost 4 combo u which is pathetic. Second of all the damages of nekro are yes pretty awesome but they dont really change a fight (belive me I've beat many nekros with maridos only) after with nekro shield yes u can resist but u still a mage and u will be weak anyway ull die even if the rogue has only 1 para and maridos. And for my final arguement the firsts comments were all done by endgamers or higher lvls or even paper people using nekro to make everyone think hes better when in fact thats false that dont even know what they are saying xD I've seen nekros users being beat by fova users because their hp are too low. Hp more important at lvl 10 i know it i was lvl 10 6 months and fight many many people. Nekro is not good at lvl 10 he begins to be good at lvl 15. For toor hes really OP but the only problem is that if ur target move from the fissure his utility is almost at 0 so not really useful since they are not many gws and rogues and tanks can easily get out of the fissure.

So keep ur singe.

Arrowz
07-23-2015, 11:57 PM
do u want everybody to ask you to join for wars? then get nekro

Santave
07-24-2015, 08:19 AM
Singe is much better, mage doesnt need more shield but you need more hp to stay alive during clash.

Alejandros
07-24-2015, 10:06 AM
If u have a mage maybe later we can vs just need 5 more days :) (that way we can say either singe or nekro better for a mage lv 10 :)

Energizeric
07-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Singe is much better, mage doesnt need more shield but you need more hp to stay alive during clash.

Sometimes I do need more shield. But not for the reason you may think. My biggest problem during clashes and during vs. against a warrior or rogue is that I get stunned after my shield expires. I hit really hard, so if I can keep attaching I'm almost guaranteed to win any fight. My problem occurs when I'm stunned. So I figure with Nekro I could alternate shields and never be vulnerable to a stun. But yes I would lose significant health, so I'd have to determine which is better.

I suppose it also depends on who has which pets in a clash. You would be better with one nekro and one singe than with 2 of the same.

If u have a mage maybe later we can vs just need 5 more days :) (that way we can say either singe or nekro better for a mage lv 10 :)

Who wins the vs. is not going to determine which is better, I can assure you. I have the highest damage of any player at level 10. I have 8 para gems, so my damage with Singe is 146 and with Nightshade is 150.

Alejandros
07-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Ok bro ener np maybe just friendly vs :) btw already opened my nekro pm me alexxjandeo if wanna test ;)

Viobs
07-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Hi energiz, I've been a mage for a pretty long time my mains a mage ,merchants a mage, twinks a mage, yeh I've been a mage my while game play :v , change topic.. I think u should keep your singe. Nekro aa pretty good gives pretty good shield and gives pretty good stun but the shield is like (idk if I'm sure) the extra hp singe gives and singe gives a good buff . So in my suggestion keep singe :v ~viobs

Ssneakykills
07-26-2015, 04:55 AM
You can always stick with singe because you'll most likely have a nekro on your team anyway

Hail
07-26-2015, 07:37 AM
During a guild war, if none or just one nekro are on your team - thats where nekro would benefit you. You could easily co-operate with other nekro users to basically give you an infinite shield...
Honestly as a rogue - the thing I love about nekro is the possibility of a stun -> panic. And sure your a mage but it still gives such a wide opportunity to unleash massive amounts of damage upon any enemy. Honestly for your mage I would suggest getting Nekro. Singe is an amazing pet but honestly Nekro just gives so much versatility and, if utilised correctly - can dominated in clash or versus.

Arrowz
07-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Sometimes I do need more shield. But not for the reason you may think. My biggest problem during clashes and during vs. against a warrior or rogue is that I get stunned after my shield expires. I hit really hard, so if I can keep attaching I'm almost guaranteed to win any fight. My problem occurs when I'm stunned. So I figure with Nekro I could alternate shields and never be vulnerable to a stun. But yes I would lose significant health, so I'd have to determine which is better.

I suppose it also depends on who has which pets in a clash. You would be better with one nekro and one singe than with 2 of the same.

Nah 2 nekros is still better than nekro plus singe. I play at lvl 17 and my guild has....7 nekros? So very often we are fighting with 2-3 players who have nekro. We dont use more than 2 but 2 nekros is really good. As nostek has said previously...damage hurts but panics kill.

Who wins the vs. is not going to determine which is better, I can assure you. I have the highest damage of any player at level 10. I have 8 para gems, so my damage with Singe is 146 and with Nightshade is 150.

Nekro hits harder than any other pet and the panic is amazing. I couldnt tell you how many times ive 2 comboed other rogues because i stunned them with bow charge then panicked with nekro. Its amazing. There are times in wars where I'll just go back and forth spawn killing an enemy rogue.

And like you said sometimes you need more shield. One of the most aggravating things as a rogue player is finding the right times to blow up an enemy mage. If ur team has 2 nekros You could potentially have nekro shield, mage shield during the 5 second nekro cooldown, followed by another nekro shield. Not to mention the shields u get from warrior heals.

Open nekro and you will not regret it. I like to think of nekro as like samael from 2-3 years ago. Its the best pet and will continue to be the best. Singe and maridos in that regard are like hj and glacian from the same time. They are good pets but cant compete with nekro. Two of the top 3 mages in my bracket have nekro, the other has whim but whim is op af.

Alejandros
07-26-2015, 03:13 PM
For all who dont know nekro shield and mage shield dont stack, On the other hand if your mage shield is up and nekro AA is activated reduces the"damage reducción" from 55%(as long as u have static resonance upgrade) to 40% around. ;)

Killfreeak
07-27-2015, 08:00 AM
On my lv16 mage, i've had the pleasure of having singe, maridos, and nekro. The main difference between singe, and maridos and nekro is the crit. If you use mari/nekro, have at least one eye (for crit bonus) and possibly a necropolis amulet, you can achieve around 15% crit at lv10 but with singe... Well, 2%.. 😂 I know crit isn't necessarily the most required stat as a twink mage, but with nekro especially, you literally become a rogue with a shield who cannot be stunned. Singe for me is my least favourite of the three. Keep in mind that singe stun is a STUN. Nekro's is a terrify, thus you can stunlock someone without stun immunity should you use a stun ability. Stun and terrify/panic don't prevent the other from working, so you can stun, then immediately terrify them. Im guessing you use ice though, as you rely on a singe stun? Anyways, other than the stun, maridos is all round better than singe. It has higher HP on mage, it provides an armor buff, and it's AA stat boost is equal to singe's AA. It also gives crit. To me, maridos' AA seems more effective. In a 1v1 scenario, nekro is best vs rogues and tanks, maridos and nekro for mage, depending on the mage technique. In clash, a nekro is a game changer unless your team-mates have a nekro already, but 2-3 nekros never hurt. Toor is a great CLASH pet, but i believe it's more suited to a tank from my experience. Curse + toor = death for enemies haha. I definitely would say investing in another arcane pet is worth it, because even if you prefer singe in certain circumstances, another pet will be more effective in another. I personally never prefer singe, because maridos is tankier, nekro gives me extra shield, and singe doesnt give crit. Also, it's stun isnt necessary as mage have 100% stun chance through multiple skills.

Killfreeak
07-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Also, the extra hp of singe isnt noticed really... With shield, it is barely noticeable, and without shield... Well, you're a mage! Nekro gives you the ability to remain unstunned for the duration of a fight, and as a mage, avoiding stun will keep you alive for a lot longer than 250 hp... Not to mention the shield absorbs damage, keeping you tankier when you dont have a shield! :)

Energizeric
07-27-2015, 04:30 PM
On my lv16 mage, i've had the pleasure of having singe, maridos, and nekro. The main difference between singe, and maridos and nekro is the crit. If you use mari/nekro, have at least one eye (for crit bonus) and possibly a necropolis amulet, you can achieve around 15% crit at lv10 but with singe... Well, 2%.. �� I know crit isn't necessarily the most required stat as a twink mage, but with nekro especially, you literally become a rogue with a shield who cannot be stunned. Singe for me is my least favourite of the three. Keep in mind that singe stun is a STUN. Nekro's is a terrify, thus you can stunlock someone without stun immunity should you use a stun ability. Stun and terrify/panic don't prevent the other from working, so you can stun, then immediately terrify them. Im guessing you use ice though, as you rely on a singe stun? Anyways, other than the stun, maridos is all round better than singe. It has higher HP on mage, it provides an armor buff, and it's AA stat boost is equal to singe's AA. It also gives crit. To me, maridos' AA seems more effective. In a 1v1 scenario, nekro is best vs rogues and tanks, maridos and nekro for mage, depending on the mage technique. In clash, a nekro is a game changer unless your team-mates have a nekro already, but 2-3 nekros never hurt. Toor is a great CLASH pet, but i believe it's more suited to a tank from my experience. Curse + toor = death for enemies haha. I definitely would say investing in another arcane pet is worth it, because even if you prefer singe in certain circumstances, another pet will be more effective in another. I personally never prefer singe, because maridos is tankier, nekro gives me extra shield, and singe doesnt give crit. Also, it's stun isnt necessary as mage have 100% stun chance through multiple skills.

Thanks for the info. However, I don't really rely on crit. Skill points come at a premium at level 10 (we only have 9 skill points). So I use Ice-1, Lightning-2 (my extra point here is in the 15% damage increase, NOT in the crit increase), shield-3, lifegiver-3. Yes, I could remove the extra point I have in lifegiver which is in the health regen and instead add that to the lightning crit bonus. But with crit at under 20%, I'm not sure if that is the best move. At end game the lifegiver health regen is useless, but at level 10 it actually increases my health by 2-3% every tick. And since it lasts 10 seconds and the cool down is 15 seconds, then 66% of the time I have this health regen going on. I think it's more helpful than the (very) occasional crit lightning strike that could happen.

Keep in mind I am an 8 para mage, so I have the highest damage of any player at level 10. So with ice and lightning -- both have short cool downs -- I can really cause major damage. Maridos would actually lower my damage a bit as his happiness bonus gives 17 less INT. So I don't think I want that. Nekro is probably really good, and I'm thinking Toor maybe would be good for clashes. Toor would cause me to lose 211 health and I would also lose Singe's AA buff and his 4% damage reduction, so I would become more squishy. However, Toor's happiness bonus would give me the highest damage of any arcane pet (+40 INT, +15% dmg), and his AA probably causes the most damage, so I would basically become a damage machine. As long as I have a couple of warriors to keep healing me, I think that could be good.

Here's a question..... I know certain abilities of pets do not stack. For example, I'm pretty sure if there are 2 nekros, then the shield does not stack, or if you have 2 singes the AA buff does not stack. Does Toor's AA damage stack against enemies? If 2 players use Toor's AA at the same time, does the effect double? This would be good to know.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your viewpoint), arcane pets have become so cheap now that half of the pro players at level 10 are running around with at least one. So it's not uncommon to see Nekro or Toor or Maridos in your party. So I think perhaps the most useful pet is one who's ability stacks so that you don't have to coordinate who uses which pet.

Anyona
07-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the info. However, I don't really rely on crit. Skill points come at a premium at level 10 (we only have 9 skill points). So I use Ice-1, Lightning-2 (my extra point here is in the 15% damage increase, NOT in the crit increase), shield-3, lifegiver-3. Yes, I could remove the extra point I have in lifegiver which is in the health regen and instead add that to the lightning crit bonus. But with crit at under 20%, I'm not sure if that is the best move. At end game the lifegiver health regen is useless, but at level 10 it actually increases my health by 2-3% every tick. And since it lasts 10 seconds and the cool down is 15 seconds, then 66% of the time I have this health regen going on. I think it's more helpful than the (very) occasional crit lightning strike that could happen.

Keep in mind I am an 8 para mage, so I have the highest damage of any player at level 10. So with ice and lightning -- both have short cool downs -- I can really cause major damage. Maridos would actually lower my damage a bit as his happiness bonus gives 17 less INT. So I don't think I want that. Nekro is probably really good, and I'm thinking Toor maybe would be good for clashes. Toor would cause me to lose 211 health and I would also lose Singe's AA buff and his 4% damage reduction, so I would become more squishy. However, Toor's happiness bonus would give me the highest damage of any arcane pet (+40 INT, +15% dmg), and his AA probably causes the most damage, so I would basically become a damage machine. As long as I have a couple of warriors to keep healing me, I think that could be good.

Here's a question..... I know certain abilities of pets do not stack. For example, I'm pretty sure if there are 2 nekros, then the shield does not stack, or if you have 2 singes the AA buff does not stack. Does Toor's AA damage stack against enemies? If 2 players use Toor's AA at the same time, does the effect double? This would be good to know.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your viewpoint), arcane pets have become so cheap now that half of the pro players at level 10 are running around with at least one. So it's not uncommon to see Nekro or Toor or Maridos in your party. So I think perhaps the most useful pet is one who's ability stacks so that you don't have to coordinate who uses which pet.
Toors aa does stack with other Toors as it is an enviromental type of aa. Just like how sns stacks. Also to mention, Nekro does stack with Jugg and Arcane Shield but doesn't stack with pets such as Snappy or Scorch and of course, Nekro.

MasterP
07-27-2015, 06:34 PM
whhhhhoooooopppp whoooop

Alejandros
07-27-2015, 07:16 PM
After some time on PvP ive realize that pets are good on diferentes situations, for example on a 1v1 i found nekro more useful, while on a clash if theres already 1nekro i found a second one useless since theres a 5second inmunity meaning that is actually a delay between the dmg and the shield from nekro AA. Now on a clash singe un other hand doesnt stack the +15stats but each AA does deal dmg and has a chance to stun even if u use it right away. Now toor AA does stack dmg so is even a more useful pet for a clash since the debuffs are good on low lvs. I myself find maridos useless on a clash since its AA dont deal any dmg.

Excuses
07-27-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm at lv17. Mage with singe, toor and nekro. Maybe not exactly working same but I think I can share my point of view.

First of all, nekro is Op. Period. As you said, well-timed alternating with shield = almost impossible to stun.
Dmg outcome is overall decent as sts buff it as best dmg pet.
You will lose hp comparing singe/Maridos but you have shield that reduce dmg by almost 50%.
Only con for nekro I can think of is that it's useless to have more than 2 in team(tbh 1 for me because 2nd nekro will mess up my shield rotation.) so when I have a nekro in team I switch to toor.

For toor, as I tested with lv15 sns vs lv17 toor, toor does more dmg overall because it stays longer than sns pools. (it was 1 sns pool so when they stack it will do more dmg, but still toor does decent dmg because it lasts almost 20 sec with debuff.) At end game everyone has stun immune skills so this might not affect much, however, it works perfectly with breeze at twinks. And not only it stacks but also it can spread all over the place if you have more than 2 toors. (last for 20 secs and Cd is 25sec. You can literally have this all over the place for whole game.)
It gives better stat than nekro too. And great on vs tank because they have to get close to hit.

I do not own Maridos since I have singe. Mari is little better but they are basically same imo.

Arrowz
07-28-2015, 07:28 AM

Toor fissures do stack while nekro does not stack. Based upon your reasoning that would lead you to get toor. Based on personal experience however, 2 nekro + 1 toor is always better than 1 nekro + 2 toor. While nekro shield does not stack, there is only a 5 second cooldown between when one shield falls off and when you can use a second shield. I only timed this once but the speed buff from nekro lasted 6 seconds, shield lasted 11 seconds, and the cooldown was 28 seconds. Granted, the shield can fall off earlier if you take enough dmg. But lets just use these numbers for now. If you team has 1 nekro you get 22 seconds of nekro shield per minute. 22 seconds of not being able to be stunned, panicked, frozen, and dmg reduction. With 2 nekros on your team you 11 second shield, 5 second cooldown, 11 second shield, 5 second cooldown, and by then the cooldown on the first nekro will be down. You will get twice as much time with dmg reduction, and movement impairment invulnerability. Did i mention that it makes you immune to sinister/umbral/lurid procs?

Another point you made is that lots of people have arcane pets so its not uncommon for a toor, maridos or nekro to be on your team. That being said, im sure there are a lot more toors around at your level than nekros. So your more likely to have a toor on ur team without a nekro than the other way around. And for those situations where everyone else on your team doesnt have nekro, you will be wishing you opened nekro.

Another point, this is simply my speculation, i have done no testing on this but it seems like it would make sense. Ive seen videos of lvl 10-11 pvp in the form of both clashes and vs. Ive seen rogue vs last over 30 seconds. At my lvl, 17, rogue vs with 2 nekro rogues only lasts like 12 seconds. This is because the dmg at lvl 17 is much higher than lvl 10-11 and regen comes in to play much more at lvl 10-11. You also said thats why you use the regen upgrade on your heal because it actually comes into play at your lvl. Therefore it would make sense that toor does less dmg, and is therefore less relevant. Not to mention that warrior heal makes you immune to it, nilbog removes the debuff, you can just walk off of the fissures, mage shield also removes some part of toor AA, i cant remember if it removes the dot or the debuffs but its one of those two.

And as nostek as said, im sure you have heard of nostek. Damage hurts but panics kill. The only time I ever die to toor, as a rogue at lvl 17 with 1900 health where rogues can crit for 1k plus, is when im stunned/panicked on top of fissures. And guess what, nekro panics AND slows AND gives you dmg reduction AND makes you immune to slows, stuns, freezes, panics AND does slightly more damage than singe in its AA AND its the hardest hitting pet in the game with its auto attacks.

Nekro is the ultimate pet, plain and simple. You have said you are a dmg machine, so do you wanna be a damage machine with a bit more damage that is potentially avoidable? Or a dmg machine that is hard as hell to kill? Either pet is great but I think you can tell which one I would lean towards.

sapdcroi
08-02-2015, 11:29 PM
arcane deary :)