PDA

View Full Version : Crowns of Persistence should be pink vanity items

Yanis
04-29-2011, 02:39 PM
I know this has been discussed elsewhere, at least partially, but I'd like to propose that the Crowns of Persistence be converted to vanity pink items. This would allow hybrid builds to use the helm all the time, allow sets bonuses to be in effect while the crowns are equipped, and perhaps add a little stat bonus on top of a regular set.

What do you think?

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Amen brutha!!!!

I do like the Crown's stats, but I hate not wearing it as it breaks up set bonuses, and I'd rather it be vanity overlay like the Shield of Gratitude than just sitting in my inventory.

EDIT (cuz Skavengr is right): I forgot that I use it on my bear build...just give it a dang set bonus already :D

Echelong
04-29-2011, 02:42 PM
I agree maybe have the crown give some stats that help out with your current gear. Or at least be a vanity item.

KingFu
04-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Eh, I would rather have crown bonuses. I feel id never use my crown if it were vanity and id only use founder helm for stats. Id really prefer it to be kept the way it is with bonuses, but just my preference. I wouldn't be encouraged to hit 56 anymore if it were vanity, because it'd just be another vanity helm that I don't benefit from. Just my opinion:) Nice suggestion though.

Gluttony
04-29-2011, 02:50 PM
If it were vanity and had stats similar (or even better) than founders' helm it would encourage people to level up to 56 and perhaps even shush some of the people outraged at the decision to make the founders' helm exclusive to actual "founders" so it seems like the best solution to me. I have never worn the helm after I got it (and made this suggestion way back then) glad to see that now there is a place for it in the discussion.

Edit: I have been waiting on the promised crown sets, so I may reserve judgement after that addition, but currently I am on board with this suggestion.

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 02:56 PM
If it were vanity and had stats similar (or even better) than founders' helm it would encourage people to level up to 56 and perhaps even shush some of the people outraged at the decision to make the founders' helm exclusive to actual "founders" so it seems like the best solution to me. I have never worn the helm after I got it (and made this suggestion way back then) glad to see that now there is a place for it in the discussion.

I have been waiting on the promised crown sets, so I may reserve judgement after that addition, but currently I am on board with this suggestion.

Well said. I would like to keep it stats, Les also had a suggestion to half its stats and turn it into vanity, or something to that effect.

I would prefer Crown bonuses myself, but I have kind of given up hope on that one, and as a last ditch resort, I would take them as a vanity if there are not gonna be bonuses for it (sad face). Again, Crown bonuses would be the way to go winkwinknudgenudgemrsommersandcrazycinco.

It just looks too pimp to be gathering dust in a stash or inventory, after the time/energy put into getting it.

p.s. Gluttony, I crack up every time I see the quotes in your sig, and your actual sig pic.

JaytB
04-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Even while I'm not 56 yet (hoping to get there in the weekend), I agree that it'd be turned into a vanity item. It actually is a vanity item of some sorts already IMO. I'd only wear it to look cool :) A bonus would be even better of course, given all the effort and dedication it takes to lvl all the way up to 56.

I never saw a reason to level to 56, other than bragging rights. If they'd just given a bit more incentive to get there, in the form of a decent reward like suggested in this thread, I'd probably be working hard now to get all my toons maxed out.

Hayabusaz
04-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I agree ! I totally agree ! Make it a vanity with 5 defence and 5 damage like the founders helmet ! Or 10 def and 10 dam ? :)

Hayabusaz
04-29-2011, 03:06 PM
@gluttony

Dude .. Your sig made me laugh, a lot !! Omg it's so awesome !!

LOL U MAD ? XD XD

Hayabusaz
04-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Eh, I would rather have crown bonuses. I feel id never use my crown if it were vanity and id only use founder helm for stats. Id really prefer it to be kept the way it is with bonuses, but just my preference. I wouldn't be encouraged to hit 56 anymore if it were vanity, because it'd just be another vanity helm that I don't benefit from. Just my opinion:) Nice suggestion though.

Yes, but if it was a level 56 vanity with 5-10 defence and 5-10 damage ( a little bit like the founders ) it would be cool . No ? :)

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes, but if it was a level 56 vanity with 5-10 defence and 5-10 damage ( a little bit like the founders ) it would be cool . No ? :)

Didn't you just say that two posts earlier? :p

KingFu
04-29-2011, 03:17 PM

Id still prefer the bonuses. Just my opinion

Hayabusaz
04-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Id still prefer the bonuses. Just my opinion

Oh well :) :)

karmakali
04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
If it isn't going to be part of a set bonus then definately should just be a vanity. Never wear it now.

Gluttony
04-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Didn't you just say that two posts earlier? :p

Yes sir! One post to state opinion, one post to give props to another player's sig (off topic and should have just been added to previous post as an edit) and another to quote a player (from nearly 30 min prior) and overstate previous post; totaling 3 posts in less than 5 min. Congratulations, you're an epic over poster, I bet you're a pro at Craigslisting!

Echelong
04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
It could be a vanity that had bonuses depending on the helm you choose. For example Bird set could have 2 crit 4 damage mage set could have 6 damage 2 armor and something like that. Small stats nothing to big though

Hayabusaz
04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes sir! One post to state opinion, one post to give props to another player's sig (off topic and should have just been added to previous post as an edit) and another to quote a player (from nearly 30 min prior) and overstate previous post; totaling 3 posts in less than 5 min. Congratulations, you're an epic over poster, I bet you're a pro at Craigslisting!

man, calm down. I said that I love your sig and your crying again. omg.

neko
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
+Infinity
/woot!

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 03:49 PM

If there's one thing Gluttony will never be accused of, it's crying. I will be waiting nearby with my body armor on to see if he replies.

skavenger216
04-29-2011, 03:51 PM
No. the crown is an essential part of my bears build. if they make it vanity that would also probably mean removing the stats from it. They just need to make crowns give set bonuses when used with other sets.

Yanis
04-29-2011, 03:56 PM
No. the crown is an essential part of my bears build. if they make it vanity that would also probably mean removing the stats from it. They just need to make crowns give set bonuses when used with other sets.

if i may ask, how do you use the crown in your bear's build?

Suntv
04-29-2011, 04:03 PM
I've heard some crazy ideas the last months, but this is definately the worst. Worst. The stats on this helmet (I use dex one) give me critical advantages in comparisson to normal set bonusses and I need them for my dual build. If you make this vanity, then all stats should be on it, not just sum lame +health/+armor: so 4 vanity helmets (str, dex, int, uncrafted). Besides if it is to become a vanity item with limited or no stats, there's no use of getting to level 56 anyway. Did I say worst idea ever?

Gluttony
04-29-2011, 04:04 PM

Lol U mad?

I don't think I've seen many (by many I really mean any but am trying HARD to be nice) people wear their crown, and if so it was a town badge of honor and nothing more. I thought it had nice stats, but could never find a place for it in my gear. The set-breaking effect it has is just too much to overcome. So you just want to make the crown give set bonuses to anything it touches?

The stats on this helmet (I use dex one) give me critical advantages in comparisson to normal set bonusses and I need them for my dual build.

Support your statemet with examples... please.

Yanis
04-29-2011, 04:08 PM
I've heard some crazy ideas the last months, but this is definately the worst. Worst. The stats on this helmet (I use dex one) give me critical advantages in comparisson to normal set bonusses and I need them for my dual build. If you make this vanity, then all stats should be on it, not just sum lame +health/+armor: so 4 vanity helmets (str, dex, int, uncrafted). Besides if it is to become a vanity item with limited or no stats, there's no use of getting to level 56 anyway. Did I say worst idea ever?

I will not comment on your tone. I will suggest, however, that you spend some time understanding the price you are paying in stats by using the crown for a dual build.

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Sorry, Sun but I'll give you an example....using a Crown instead of a Customized Cap while equipped with a Custom Recurve/Leather is the biggest equipment fail in the game. So in less than three seconds and two remaining brain cells that I have, I have defeated your point, and it applies to pure and dual builds alike.

Hayabusaz
04-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Lol U mad?

Dude !! omg I love you !! :'D

neko
04-29-2011, 04:17 PM

Suntv, if you don't mind either, could you share with us what gear you're using? Thanks!

It's an open discussion and we're here to hash out the pros and cons. Myself, I run with a Customized and Fury set on all three of my characters. As it currently stands, wearing the CoP breaks their set bonuses, hence Yanis' suggestion. For this, I side with him. My guess is that you're running a setup that doesn't have a usual set bonus, which is totally cool. I'm sure it works great for you. I'm just curious as to how your gear (and skavenger216's) would be hurt and what other ways we can suggest to find a better solution.

Besides, the whole point of the CoP is for us all to be able to wear it loud and proud, right?

Moogerfooger
04-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Suntv, if you don't mind either, could you share with us what gear you're using? Thanks!

It's an open discussion and we're here to hash out the pros and cons. Myself, I run with a Customized and Fury set on all three of my characters. As it currently stands, wearing the CoP breaks their set bonuses, hence Yanis' suggestion. For this, I side with him. My guess is that you're running a setup that doesn't have a usual set bonus, which is totally cool. I'm sure it works great for you. I'm just curious as to how your gear (and skavenger216's) would be hurt and what other ways we can suggest to find a better solution.

Besides, the whole point of the CoP is for us all to be able to wear it loud and proud, right?

A mix of Sewer and the Str Crown is superior in several ways to Fury, most noteably the ungodly atrocious hit percentage of Fury, which for a bear (not pally) renders taunt and beckon nearly useless, or at least far worse than Sewer/Crown or even Cyber if you are a crowd-control tank. However, completely not worth breaking the Enchanted or Custom sets for int and dex.

Agreed on the CoP should be worn loud and proud.

Gluttony
04-29-2011, 05:08 PM
CoP should be worn loud and proud.

Moog has his Crown on with some RR Leather and a Sewer King Scarab... Nice photo op, it's like you wore your Sunday best for picture day, you wouldn't catch him dead in that get-up in PL!

...or maybe you would only catch him dead in that get-up!

Shouja
04-29-2011, 05:17 PM
I think the reason you don't see more crowns is primarly due to the use of the vanity items. I think anyone with a Founders Helm or Big Luck for example would most likely be using those items instead of showing the crown. I've personally used my mage crown for over a month covered by Big Luck; no one would know unless they knew what MM stats should be as a set on a 56.

Also I don't know Suntv's build for sure, but if someone were full INT, the lack of crit% and hit% would be greatly offset by using a DEX crown. An additional 10% crit along with the mana regen of the other MM pieces would allow for a very aggresive playstyle.

Really the only reason people would be upset over a change to the helm is the fact that there are no requirements to use it other then level 56. If you were to use it as a booster for dual stat builds, those 14 points could be applied to another stat instead of having to hit a minimum stat requirements for gear.

Shouja

Sky../
04-29-2011, 09:12 PM
@shouja

With regards to your last statement, not the whole 14 can be allocated to another stats. Because if you don't have the crown, you'd most likely be using a +8 gear. So it's only the 6 stat difference that you can reallocate. Just thought i'd point it out.

Nightarcher
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM

This is pretty much what I think too. If it was a stat-less vanity, I would use Founders. If it was a vanity with stats, it would give Elite Levels too big of an advantage over others at the regular max. Getting to the Elite level is about a personal achievement, not an advantage in battle.

I know for a fact that the devs said they would make crown sets, but... Where are they? I'm not complaining, but I'm still waiting. :D

skavenger216
04-29-2011, 11:31 PM
if i may ask, how do you use the crown in your bear's build?

Royal Sewer Plate, Fury Shield/Sword, Customized Crown of Persistence. It puts my hit at exactly 100, which makes Beckon work a lot more consistently, also seems to make taunt more effective at keeping bosses aggro when high damage birds and mages are bombing. That last part I can't say for sure, it just seems that way. I use it for all the reasons moog listed, and more, although I use the dex crown and not str like moog said

I don't think I've seen many (by many I really mean any but am trying HARD to be nice) people wear their crown, and if so it was a town badge of honor and nothing more. I thought it had nice stats, but could never find a place for it in my gear. The set-breaking effect it has is just too much to overcome. So you just want to make the crown give set bonuses to anything it touches?

No, I'm fine with it as is, but I wouldn't oppose a set bonus. Obviously you have never seen me in game, I wear my crown with pride! :D

I just think making it vanity would be a slap in the face to people who grinded endlessly to get a helm, with stats.

AkoSiPinoy
04-30-2011, 03:22 AM
I completely agree too D: it sucks how lv 56 can wear it but they are not given the opportunity to have the set bonus because of the crown.

Elf-Orc-Naga
04-30-2011, 03:38 AM
All agree!!! I thinks its fair to have vanity with additional stats like +1 on 3 stats etc. This will inspire all palyers to lvl up 56 and for those 56 to use them. Lvl 56 players deserve it becuae of hard play rather than put it im inventory or throw as thrash lol :)

Apostar
04-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Just add a set bonus to it don't change it to a vanity item. I like it like it is

Moogerfooger
04-30-2011, 07:32 PM
This is pretty much what I think too. If it was a stat-less vanity, I would use Founders. If it was a vanity with stats, it would give Elite Levels too big of an advantage over others at the regular max. Getting to the Elite level is about a personal achievement, not an advantage in battle.

I know for a fact that the devs said they would make crown sets, but... Where are they? I'm not complaining, but I'm still waiting. :D

Sorry homie, your fact is not a fact. Asommers said "they would think about it", but I never once saw any of them says they would indeed do it.

Nightarcher
04-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Sorry homie, your fact is not a fact. Asommers said "they would think about it", but I never once saw any of them says they would indeed do it.

I'm almost 100% sure I saw JustG or Cinco say "We're working on it," when they were requested. I'll try to dig it up.

--

EDIT:

I found an old thread with many highly-respected players saying the devs said they were working on it, but I have yet to find the actual post.

Suntv
05-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I will not comment on your tone. I will suggest, however, that you spend some time understanding the price you are paying in stats by using the crown for a dual build.

So here is my side of the story, I have some more time now then before (resulting in what some call 'tone', my bad).

I am an Int-Bird, meaning that I use more Int then Dex and Str. Why is not an issue for now, so these are the givven facts. From Lv 1 to Lv 56 I've only used Int items and then I got both the Dingy Crown of Persistance one and the (Dex) Customized Crown of Persistance (from now on: Crown P.).

Now I've choosen to craft the Dingy into "Crown P." because of two reasons:
.1. it gives me 14 Dex for being Lv 56, allowing me to use Lv 55 Int with Lv 50 Dex.
.2. it gives me some more crit %

What's important for me is that I can use my 173-int items like the Sewer Queens Robes (173-int) and the Enchanted Gem Star Wand (172-int). But I want to use them in combination with a 155-dex shield (Sentinels for 3 dodge) or a 161-dex shield (Lv 51 Raid Wing for more crit %).

I understand that the Customised Gemstone Cap is almost equal to Crown P. but that only it's armor is a bit less: 6 armor points. That way you might just wanna make the Crown P. a vanity for +6 armor. I understand, but that is where things go wrong. People who support that statement don't see the importance of the +14 Dex which needs no dex-requirement (Or the +5/+5/+5 or the +14 Str or the +14 int for that matter). Here's why:

If Crown P. will be a vanity item, I need 173 Dex to wear the Customised Gemstone Cap as a replacement. Except for then I won't be able to go 173 Int and then my exsistance as an dual player is lost. Of course you can play and use lower/lesser Int-items but tweaking your setup to the maximum is lost.

I know that set bonusses are a part of the game, but that does not mean that all players use it. Yanis sais that using Crown P. on a dual character is a price to pay. Why a price? This game is one big puzzle, making it more interesting then just going for a set bonus and settle. This tweaking and building of a setup that can match a standard lineair setup is a great challenge. Lots of players mix items to customize their own character making this game even better. Crown P. helps with this because it adds another dimension.

So yes, perhaps I will lose some bonus for not going all out Bear, Bird or Mage. But then again if the developers didn't want you to puzzle and tweak, then they wouldn't have givven us the choice to spread out points as we wish over Str/Dex/int.

That concludes my first part, summorized by: if STS makes Crown P. a vanity item they will take away a lot of gaming pleasure for anyone who won't go all out on their characters Str, Dex or Int.

Now for the second part, basicly a bonus :cool:

We know that using Crown P. won't allow set bonus, but let's look at one of those bonussus: i.e. the customized Talon set. Reason for this set is comparison to my Int/Dex set with a 1H weapon and a shield.

The set bonus is: +2 Dodge, +4 H/s, +4 M/s, +6 Armor. That's +2 Dodge, +4 H/s, +4 M/s more then what Crown P. gives as a bonus in comparison. So when you use that set, you don't need Crown P. Of course I understand that when Crown P. is vanity and gives i.e. +6 armor, that the Customized sets get even more armor bonus. But that's just making the rich even richer.

So to really end this, here's my proposal for four vanity helmets. Yes, four, because there are four don't forget. They are constructed in comparisson to the customized, enchanted and fortified ones.

Dingy Crown of Persistence: +5 Str, +5 Dex, +5 int, +25 Health, +25 mana, + 10 damage
Customized Crown of Persistence: +14 Dex, +6 armor
Enchanted Crown of Persistence: +14 int, + 8 armor
Fortified Crown of Persistence: +14 Str, +2 armor

Looking forward to your reactions and sorry for any typo's.