PDA

View Full Version : New trend?

xcainnblecterx
07-25-2015, 06:22 AM
I posted it in a post in sorc class discussion but I'd figure to get more feed back from y'all. What is this new trend of warrios not using heal? I get potting your way threw a map but a warrios heal provides two things that are very helpful: a shield for the whole party, and your aggro gain. Has anyone else noticed this or can shed light on why?

noobseller
07-25-2015, 07:15 AM
Tanks without Hor are newbies because Hor is one basic aggro skill. That saves mages n rogues from getting onehit by mobs. I see many failure tanks on new maps and its a shame they call them selfs tanks but dont know the basics.

Serancha
07-25-2015, 07:55 AM
Heal just slows down runs unless it is actually needed, and on normal maps / most elites, it's really not.

Rogues and mages run without fatties 90% of the time because it's just so much faster, proving that they don't need a warrior's HoR to keep them alive. We have tested with non-heal warrior builds, and the dps players all say they didn't miss it at all. As a rogue I certainly didn't.

A warrior using venge, smash, cs and axe is able to run faster than one with only 1 or 2 attack skills, with the bonus of applying chain feeble to those big guys so they can't one-hit-crit anyone. Of course there are a lot of warriors who are lacking in skill and experience, but the ones not using heal are most likely to be the more informed players.

The fast cooldowns on cs and axe work so that you have a pretty continuous taunt cycle going. This is better for keeping aggro against high strength dps players. Horn's taunt is better for pulling in ranged mobs, but those mobs are going to come as soon as they see you anyways.

Oezheasate
07-25-2015, 08:11 AM
Nuhhhhhhhh, nuuh nuuuuh nuuuuhhh its so wrong to have a warrior without HoR even in elite wilds mages and rogues get onehitted. You need the horn of renew basta la pasta no more discussion

Serancha
07-25-2015, 08:16 AM
If horn is necessary, why do most parties not use warriors, relegating them to pug status?

Oezheasate
07-25-2015, 08:47 AM
If horn is necessary, why do most parties not use warriors, relegating them to pug status?

Cuz class balance is broken, trying to make warriors into dps classes just because the class system doesnt work is simply not the way.

Titanfall
07-25-2015, 09:21 AM
For people who arent geared and are running in pinks, horn is needed for them. If you've atleast got near 5k hp however I agree warriors arent needed.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Serancha
07-25-2015, 09:44 AM
The op asked why warriors were running without horn. I was just giving a response, along with the most probable reasoning behind the trend. Doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it, but it is a logical step.

With the current economy, the likelihood of being in undergeared parties is at an all-time low. We no longer have legendary vs mythic players - everyone is in pinks.

xcainnblecterx
07-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Heal just slows down runs unless it is actually needed, and on normal maps / most elites, it's really not.

Rogues and mages run without fatties 90% of the time because it's just so much faster, proving that they don't need a warrior's HoR to keep them alive. We have tested with non-heal warrior builds, and the dps players all say they didn't miss it at all. As a rogue I certainly didn't.

A warrior using venge, smash, cs and axe is able to run faster than one with only 1 or 2 attack skills, with the bonus of applying chain feeble to those big guys so they can't one-hit-crit anyone. Of course there are a lot of warriors who are lacking in skill and experience, but the ones not using heal are most likely to be the more informed players.

The fast cooldowns on cs and axe work so that you have a pretty continuous taunt cycle going. This is better for keeping aggro against high strength dps players. Horn's taunt is better for pulling in ranged mobs, but those mobs are going to come as soon as they see you anyways.

Ok I get it. But honestly a warrio is not supposed to be a damage user. As safer said, many elites has a horn saved some skin but unless it is a timed run seems useless not to have it. Thanks for shedding the light serancha

Ucamaeben
07-25-2015, 02:40 PM
I enjoy playing a warrior but I do think we are outclassed. It's sad when the developers have to create building event just to get us to all play together.

I play with heal and it saves lives when properly used but I don't think it really matters to most players for 2 reasons, short levels and anhks. The bosses on regular levels aren't that hard for any class.

Ardbeg
07-25-2015, 02:55 PM
nowadays warriors can have every skill and switch on demand. for teeth runs i use ss, axe, wm, vb to speed things up (axe i use to target healers). in elites i still prefer using hor.

Zorin
07-25-2015, 05:17 PM
If STS makes all mobs in Rengol Elite "one-shot" like Stahl Rage mode than perhaps Warriors will be relevant again :)

And make it so at least 3 warriors are needed per run; slow but surely!

We will be needed by then right? :(

@OP: Most likely, these warriors are new (due to instant 41 option) and haven't mastered or learnt how to work as a team, class wise.

xcainnblecterx
07-25-2015, 05:45 PM
If STS makes all mobs in Rengol Elite "one-shot" like Stahl Rage mode than perhaps Warriors will be relevant again :)

And make it so at least 3 warriors are needed per run; slow but surely!

We will be needed by then right? :(

@OP: Most likely, these warriors are new (due to instant 41 option) and haven't mastered or learnt how to work as a team, class wise.

I'm thinking the same now since there's that new auto level to 41 deal. Tbh I have a warrio and i have the cheapest 41 legendaries on him. Yet i seem to acheve and hold agro using hor more then 90% pug warrios, including ones with mythics :'(

csyui
07-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Most likely they were testing different builds, but forgot or didn't have gold/plat to respec back.

One way to determine if a warrior is good or not is through the timing he use horn of renew.

Serancha
07-25-2015, 08:17 PM
nowadays warriors can have every skill and switch on demand. for teeth runs i use ss, axe, wm, vb to speed things up (axe i use to target healers). in elites i still prefer using hor.

Exactly. You don't use heal on runs where it's not necessary, and last I checked you aren't a noob warrior who doesn't know how to play. ;)

BottleNexz
07-25-2015, 10:06 PM
lol poor warrior can't win. lool, use pots and instead of expecting warrior to have impeccable timing with his horn, learn to have impeccable timing avoiding red zones. cuts both ways I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

xcainnblecterx
07-25-2015, 10:27 PM
lol poor warrior can't win. lool, use pots and instead of expecting warrior to have impeccable timing with his horn, learn to have impeccable timing avoiding red zones. cuts both ways I guess.

Missed the point. I'll pot all day its the fact horn grants two important things that has nothing to do with healing. But as serancha said, warriors can hold aggro without hor now. Albeit its probably only skilled warrios that can do this but tbh I'm starting to see that if a warrio has a shield buffing pet and can keep agro, by all means go without hor

Deathdor
07-26-2015, 02:00 AM
I'd hate to go around saying there's a "right and wrong" way to play AL.

Probably boils down to preference.
Maybe they're able to hold aggro and keep their party alive influenced by skill, gear, map difficulty. etc
Any of the factors mentioned above seems to affect how a warrior chooses to play.

I personally, feel that a warriors primary duty is to tank damage not to deal damage.
To do that, they use skills which hold aggro.
Horn of Renew helps a great deal at holding aggro and of course, heals/shields your party, including yourself.
It's beneficial to all party members in various situations.
I'd be reassured to see a warrior i'm running with using HoR, whether it's timed well or not.

If a player doesn't need that, good.
If they do, fair enough.

Each to their own.

BottleNexz
07-26-2015, 02:56 AM
zzzz I'm a war and got more dam /dps than most mages... u heal!

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2015, 03:33 AM

Is your job to deal damage or take damage?

zerofort
07-26-2015, 04:18 AM
Dam isnt what it comes down to a mages skills are ment 2 deal more dam then a wars skill im not sure u know this by your statement

zerofort
07-26-2015, 04:24 AM
Theres more then enough skill point 2 have 5 skills so when ur in a vry well geared pty u dont use hor but if ur in a pty that obviously could use hor it will b there problem solved

kinzmet
07-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Its from the "Level up to 41" button I think, I ran PuG elites with a lot of warriors that doesn't use HoR. Got no problem with that on easy elite maps but on hard elite maps its disturbing that sometimes they yell at sorcerers to use heal instead (o.O")

BottleNexz
07-26-2015, 02:47 PM
still don't care, coz I got armour too.

Ucamaeben
07-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Grotto is a great level to show how useful warriors can be. Mages and rogues get taken out regularly. I think it really is built for a complete party.

Now if everyone would stop quitting 2 mobs in.

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2015, 05:32 PM
Grotto is a great level to show how useful warriors can be. Mages and rogues get taken out regularly. I think it really is built for a complete party.

Now if everyone would stop quitting 2 mobs in.

Yea I think everyone for got about the whole need a actual team to play part. Everyone wants to rush threw maps now and only want to have the quickest party which nulls out alot of players

BottleNexz
07-27-2015, 02:18 AM
Is your job to deal damage or take damage?
oh, really? jj 1 dps

BottleNexz
07-27-2015, 02:23 AM
I need a good planar team just run with for dailys until I finish mythic pendant...<br />
Must be lvl 46 and no tanks<br />
<br />
Hard for me to find people to run with no guild and no friends

looolz

noobseller
07-27-2015, 06:34 AM
I think some talk about tanks in their pure guild runs or friendlist run pt. But mostly here it is about tanks on random parties.

Ravager
07-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Most of the teams I run with are well geared and pot. Since they constantly pot and are at full health, having the extra attack skill helps with the length of the run. Its noticeably faster especially in arena. Best times and best teams dont have warriors. Once in a while, mages. 3 attack and vb is the closest you are going to get to a warrior replacing a rogue without increasing the run time as much.

BottleNexz
07-27-2015, 10:58 PM
and on that note... end thread

Dex Scene
07-27-2015, 11:07 PM
I would rather run with another rogue or mage than a warrior trying to be them.
If Iam running with a warrior I am not expecting Killing spree from him. Warrior can just do what they are made for.

Yes ofcourse if the dps team is very op with 900+ damage 2k armor, they wont be missing HOR. But also if the warrior stand still in the map leeching them, they still won't miss his super 4 attacking skills.

Serancha
07-28-2015, 01:07 AM
Where did this change to warriors being leeches? A warrior's choice to use 3 or 4 attack skills has nothing at all to do with a player who leeches.

If anything, it's the warrior using jugg, vb, hor and one attack skill that could be considered a leech 'cause he's not helping kill anything, but again, that's not the topic.

noobseller
07-28-2015, 01:20 AM
Lol at leaching warrior, same I could say about mages using shield and heal *.* on regular runs or scattering mobs with this stupid wind skill.

Better run with warrior you know then depending on random genies.

Dex Scene
07-28-2015, 03:17 AM
Iam not calling anyone leecher lol.

xcainnblecterx
07-28-2015, 03:38 AM
Lol at leaching warrior, same I could say about mages using shield and heal *.* on regular runs or scattering mobs with this stupid wind skill.

Better run with warrior you know then depending on random genies.

Reminds me of scatter bears in pl. Scatter em all ftw give mages a stomp skill yo

Serancha
07-28-2015, 09:37 AM
What he means is a warrior trying to damage is like a leech... The leech deal no damage, the warrior deal no damage(not a lot of damage compared to what a mage or rogue would be dealing).

Bad analogy. A good warrior can do a decent amount of damage. An arena run with 3 rogues and a warrior is faster than a run with 3 rogues and a mage. However, the main problem is this: Why would anyone would run with either class when they can run a minute+ faster with just 3 rogues.

Jazzi
07-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Bad analogy. A good warrior can do a decent amount of damage. An arena run with 3 rogues and a warrior is faster than a run with 3 rogues and a mage. However, the main problem is this: Why would anyone would run with either class when they can run a minute+ faster with just 3 rogues.

Because said mage/warrior is guildmate/friend ;)

Tatman
07-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Arena is an obvious exception, although I often run with warriors there and some of them are able to produce quite fast runs.

Overall, I have no problem running any map with warriors. In some situations I highly appreciate the timely use of hor. In others, I even like rally cry. ;) Right now everyone can easily spec 5 skills and switch depending on the situation. So, I don't see what's the big deal here with this so called 'new trend'.

xcainnblecterx
07-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Arena is an obvious exception, although I often run with warriors there and some of them are able to produce quite fast runs.

Overall, I have no problem running any map with warriors. In some situations I highly appreciate the timely use of hor. In others, I even like rally cry. ;) Right now everyone can easily spec 5 skills and switch depending on the situation. So, I don't see what's the big deal here with this so called 'new trend'.

There's no big deal, I was just tryin figure out why.

Excuses
07-28-2015, 04:06 PM
I think it's more like becasue most of tank who know how to play quitted or playing other class. And now you see many tanks who doesn't know what they are doing.

carmine_blade
07-28-2015, 04:40 PM
I appreciate a good tank. #tanklove

Oezheasate
07-28-2015, 05:03 PM
Appreciate me then, though im lacking on the "good" part of ur statement :banana::banana:

AL Tvvin
07-28-2015, 05:06 PM
>.<

I don't know if it's just me or HoR seems to save me a ton of pots and ankhs while running nab maps.

I usually look at how efficient running of maps, there is no point for me to run Wilds when I'm using more pots than the drops accumulate to or running Elite Wilds when runs are taking way too long and ankhs and pots being used are high. A warrior in party for me means two things:1. 2 seconds of breathing space and the security of running into a set of mobs to drop clock 2. BIIIIG pulls [emoji14]

Running with a warrior at one point meant making big pulls in wilds, so that I could deal out the AoE damage I'm supposed to be dishing out more efficiently, that was at a point when almost everyone didn't have an arcane ring or a nekro. I guess times change. Since, at the current state of the game, by the time you are past the third monster the first two monsters are dead.This withstanding, I still wouldn't tell a warrior not to use heal in a PUG,
1. Everyone doesnt have the same gear, we still have people with sub par gear.
2. Bigger pulls are usually better for me, can't handle a 20-30 mob pull though [emoji14].
3. Ping and device lag. I run around with 400-500 ping, and thats precariously close to life and death. One little spike and I'm either dead or standing on a red zone for far too long(about to die). So at times like these I look at my burly friend,the warrior to do his best and keep me alive.
4. A tank should be doing his job and the DPS classes should be doing theirs. I usually ask my tanks to move their butt to the next mob while we are almost(around5-10% health) with the current mob. This makes life easier for me, since he's going to be pulling the mobs and grouping thtem up, making my clock drop, ice and fire more efficient.
5. I don't see the point of a tank dealing damage, it's redundant. I would rather a tank skip the first set of mobs and go group up the second set of mobs while I drop my
clock, fire and ice on the first mob, a decent set of rogues usually finish off the mobs and are right behind us in a jiffy.
6. I see warriors with HoR who can't handle aggro, I would be surprised if they can handle better without HoR, not saying warriors can't but won't life for them and me be easier if they used HoR?

To the OP all I can say is start using heal yourself when the warrior isn't healing, not really [emoji14]. I've seen warriors not heal in PUGs too, since the mobs hardly do any damage to them and I bear the brunt of the mob aggro, just makes me not want to run with warriors more. I prefer warriors who heal, makes sure the lizards don't stun me and my left thumb gets a moments break from furiously tapping the potions button. If you do end up with a warrior who thinks he's dealing damage, act afk for the starting few seconds of the warrior initiating a fresh set of mobs, let him see how much "damage" he is dealing then walk up and drop a clock. The difference in health bars from one clock drop should be enough to make the warrior realise he isn't a damage class [emoji14]
Lol u say show them up basically lol

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

AL Tvvin
07-28-2015, 05:08 PM

U crit 5-9kk? U heal. >.>

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Serancha
07-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Because said mage/warrior is guildmate/friend ;)

It was a rhetorical question, but yes. That is about the only reason. ;)

BottleNexz
07-29-2015, 02:44 AM
Right, that's it!!! NO MORE HORN EVER.. .

xcainnblecterx
07-29-2015, 05:05 AM
Just out of curiosity if we're goin all damage why not just have sts delete tanks? I mean rouges can be the tanks and deal way more dmg, sorcs can be the back up dancers

Ravager
07-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Just out of curiosity if we're goin all damage why not just have sts delete tanks? I mean rouges can be the tanks and deal way more dmg, sorcs can be the back up dancers

And this is the reason why many warriors seek class balance. I play more on my rogue than on warrior nowadays. Even if sts decides to balance a few things, warriors are still going to be at a disadvantage to finding teams in pve especially elite. Warriors *may* only be useful in 3 new elite levels? Max 1 warrior per team? Rogues on a team. The more the better and they are great for ALL levels.

Serancha
07-29-2015, 05:39 PM
And this is the reason why many warriors seek class balance. I play more on my rogue than on warrior nowadays. Even if sts decides to balance a few things, warriors are still going to be at a disadvantage to finding teams in pve especially elite. Warriors *may* only be useful in 3 new elite levels? Max 1 warrior per team? Rogues on a team. The more the better and they are great for ALL levels.

But we still wub you Ravvy. ;)