PDA

View Full Version : My new PC game - spiral knights

Arterra
04-29-2011, 10:26 PM
http://www.spiralknights.com/

no, i wont be leaving PL lool, this is just for when i am especially tired of farming catacombs or something, or maybe while i wait for sandstone caves...

anyway, it is free to play so far, and frankly it is just so... simple and addicting.
i just updated java, let it download content, and voila go to the website to play instantly. sign up with facebook pretty useful... and quick

of course i am called Arterra. see me and yell ARTERRAAAAAAA for huge prizes ;)

Ellyidol
04-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Your not alone, few of us in there ;)

Arterra
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
INFORM ME MASTER KNIGHT. this looks good enough to stick to.

Ellyidol
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Haha! Myself and Kal have been on there. I'm not good, don't understand much at all. Kal seems very advanced though. Stopped it especially after OC came out :p

The wiki was quite useful.

Arterra
04-30-2011, 05:26 PM
anybody in a guild?

also: buying blue shards

Kalielle
05-07-2011, 08:52 PM
OMG! I just saw someone named Arterra on the SK forums. I was like, that can't be him can it?? Then I searched the forums here for Spiral Knights and look what I find!

Yeah, it's one of the games I play regularly these days. I'll send you a friend request - my ign there is Kaley. Anyone else who's playing or wants to try it should feel free to add me too! :)

Arterra
05-07-2011, 10:06 PM
THE GAME IS ON!
i hope you forgave my newb-ness at the slime castle thing. first time i went up there, so far only done runs to the middle to try finding recipes easily from Basil.

Kalielle
05-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Oh that was your first Jelly King run? Totally couldn't tell. I thought you played quite well.

Was really cool to play with you in SK - much like in PL. :) I'm sure we'll be seeing each other a lot, especially now that you're in the guild. :D

PS: Oh we have a new dancing banana icon? Roflmao. Well I think the off-topic forum is the perfect place to overuse it.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

(Sorry couldn't resist...)

Tengotengo
05-08-2011, 12:30 AM
well look at that, Three Rings is still around. I had a Puzzle Pirates account what....2004? 2005? something like that. Think I'll go register TenguTengu.

Tengotengo
05-08-2011, 11:44 AM
my ign is tengu if someone come looking for me on there. What a cute game!

Arterra
05-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Oh that was your first Jelly King run? Totally couldn't tell. I thought you played quite well.

Was really cool to play with you in SK - much like in PL. :) I'm sure we'll be seeing each other a lot, especially now that you're in the guild. :D

i did well?? dont think i landed 3 hits on the king, yet to get a hang on how to deal with the million minions...
did another run today, this time brought a super blast bomb for crowd control. man i love bombs...

my ign is tengu if someone come looking for me on there. What a cute game!

surprisingly deep too! instead of a leveling system to progress in the game like PL, it is based of item making and upgrading. i am going through crowns (cash) like crazy just getting the recipes themselves lol

currently looking for 4 recipes: cyrotech gun, its 3-star version, a freezing vaporizer and its 3 star version too. imma go ICY on people now...

Kalielle
05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
surprisingly deep too! instead of a leveling system to progress in the game like PL, it is based of item making and upgrading. i am going through crowns (cash) like crazy just getting the recipes themselves lol

Also the SK game equivalent for platinum (crystal energy) is freely tradeable between players, for in-game gold or anything else :O The game even provides a trading interface for buying and selling it. You should see people complaining about the "energy crisis" when prices go up, or urging everyone to collectively set the price at a certain figure (never works, of course).

But you can never generate/farm energy in game. So the developers still make money because someone ultimately has to buy the energy with real money. If they then choose to sell it to another player for in-game gold or items or whatever, it doesn't really matter since the real world money has already been spent on it.

Sorcererssoul
05-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Just made an acc today and played tutorial.
Kinda fun game though.
But i didnt know what to do after tutorial, maybe becuz i was playing PL too :D
Im now in the first city and my ign is funkysword

Arterra
05-15-2011, 01:05 PM
FINALLY

all 4 star items. had to give up on the owlite shield series for a tortuga shell since i failed to find the 4 star owl shield, and didnt want to find one...
got a Unique low shadow defense shield, unique medium shadow defense armor, ashtail, a calibur, a cyrotech and a graviton bomb.

gonna get my items to at least lv5 (get the most out of the bonuses) and then try out Tier 3 firestorm citadel.

Arterra
06-16-2011, 06:57 AM
update: any steamies now playing this?