PDA

View Full Version : improve Dovabear's aa for this ursoth

kananaskis
07-26-2015, 10:25 PM
Dovabear in in a class of legendary pets released as event tier rewards over the last year. These pets have similar happiness bonus stats making them stronger than previous legendary pets. (specifically they are Dovabear, Blinky, Yowie, Nilbog). Blinky and Nilbog are popular for their aa and a level 40 Yowie has great "casts ice block" on passive attack. However Dova's aa has been generally regarded as useless.

Why not increase Dova's chance to terrify (extremely low) to a level at say Clyde's chance to panic, which while less than Slag's, still happens often enough and can work on bosses. That's my suggestion.

BottleNexz
07-27-2015, 11:02 PM
can't argue with that.. good idea

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

kiwotsukete
07-28-2015, 09:05 AM
nah, leave dova be imo. let STS focus on the new pets; instead of dragging back old ones.

kananaskis
07-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Dovabear isn't an old pet.

Only released first Ursoth, Dova has stats designed for new level cap and remains a viable pet for level cap elites. The same goes for the other event tier reward pets (Blinky Yowie Nilbog), they are designed to be good for this expansion and remain viable to keep in one's stable rotation. (I have arcane pets but i still find these good legendary pets useful in certain circumstances.)

Dova could likely be re-released as a token pet this second Ursoth. My suggestion is to tweak its aa since it is still has up to date stats.

carmine_blade
07-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Prance evolved into Frist, so maybe a similar thing could happen with Dova, which could be obtainable with tokens. I'd rather see one of the new pets as the gold tier reward though.

kananaskis
07-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Dova won't be a tier reward as i think that can only happen once in the life of a pet i.e. when it is first introduced and no one has it. ...e.g. First goblin Nightshade was lb reward & in second goblin ns for tokens. That system makes sense so i imagine the same will be for Dova, whether it's an egg or just goes in stable, it'll be for tokens.

bedmaster
07-29-2015, 11:59 PM
Dova have something the other pets dont have, mana regen. Mana regen is needed for twink rogues n tanks so i think dova is gud the way it is

kananaskis
07-30-2015, 01:00 AM
Yes Dova has great mana regen, the only legendary pet with more would be Foxy. Dova's passive attack is also very good with bleed and strong debuffs. All I'm saying is the aa, which has something like a 1/100 chance to terrify, be brought to the same level as Clyde's, which is something like 20% chance. This would make the chance to terrify in the aa description meaningful. That's all.

Uninstalling
07-30-2015, 02:11 AM
About dova's aa,its not that i want to bring back the problem about dova aa but dovabear has become completely useless and forgettable

kananaskis
08-06-2015, 11:33 PM
I still find Dovabear a useful pet due to stats and strong debuffs in passive, making it an acceptable pet for elite bosses...however my suggested tweak to the aa is null and void since Dova isn't making a return this Ursoth...indeed "forgotten".