PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG or no?

Mrudo92
04-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Let me begin with this. If there is already a thread on this I apologize! Please don't hate :)

Looking for you honest opinion on whether Pocket Legends is or is not an MMORPG. If
possible back it up a little bit to prove your point! I'll start. In my opinion, I do believe
PL is an MMORPG. It's definitely not one of the best out there, but it does fall under one of the only definitions I was able to find on this type of gaming.( searched for a good 30 minutes)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMORPG

Definition: A Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, sometimes also referred to as a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. In these types of games large numbers of players battle together, or against one another, in a huge online environment. The RPG element of MMORPG indicates that games of this type also include Role Playing Elements, suggesting that the characters you play as will 'level up,' or increase their abilities as their experience and time put into the game increases.

If you happen to come across a definition that goes more into depth please post!

JaytB
04-30-2011, 09:36 AM
It's defined by the devs as an MMORPG. So I'd say, yes. As for more specific examples or a better description, I'd use Google.

Here's an extract from the dev page in the AppStore:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/77289744.png

vol
04-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Let me begin with this. If there is already a thread on this I apologize! Please don't hate :)
It's definitely not one of the best out there, but it does fall under one of the only definitions I was able to find on this type of gaming.

What does this mean? Best by what definition? If possible back it up a little bit to prove your point! I'll start. In my opinion, I do believe
PL is the best MMORPG.

FWIW this post is tongueincheek and not intended to be ugly

Mrudo92
04-30-2011, 10:49 AM
What does this mean? Best by what definition? If possible back it up a little bit to prove your point! I'll start. In my opinion, I do believe
PL is the best MMORPG.

FWIW this post is tongueincheek and not intended to be ugly

Sorry if it wasn't clear. Had a very long night. No sleep!
What this thread is about is whether or not the pl community thinks this game is an MMORPG or not. Best by the definition posted beneath the dotted lines. (it was the only legitimate definition I found). The reason for my asking is because I've heard a few different answers in different locations ( in game, Facebook, other random forum websites). When I said " it's definitely not one of the best out there" I was stating my opinion that I have played better, more in-depth mmorpg's. By me saying it's not the best that does not at all mean I dislike this game in any way! I wouldn't be on the forums if that was the case. I Appreciate the fact that you questioned me, and I did not take it in any type of mean manner.:) Hopefully it will make more sense to others now as well. Thank you!

Mrudo92
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
It's defined by the devs as an MMORPG. So I'd say, yes. As for more specific examples or a better description, I'd use Google.

Here's an extract from the dev page in the AppStore:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/77289744.png

I didn't even think about checking what the dev team had to say about it. Nice find brotha!
You've been helping me out a bunch on the forums man! Thank you

JaytB
04-30-2011, 10:59 AM
I didn't even think about checking what the dev team had to say about it. Nice find brotha!
You've been helping me out a bunch on the forums man! Thank you

Glad I could be of your assistance ;)

superglut2
04-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Pl is more of a diablo clone. Id say hack n slay game :P mmo is more like wow. :P