PDA

View Full Version : Learning the ins and outs

Ensanee
04-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone, me and my wife are old school mmo players and stumbled on this cool little game and think it rocks.

We just had a few questions and hope to get a few answers. Now we are not looking for a free ride not at all we think the best way to get good at a game is start from the ground up and learn as we go. What we would like to know though is there a decent duo that works well together? We never turn others away, but until we learn we would be a liability and wouldn't wanna slow others down is all.

I got a bird up to 18 right now and im starting to see there is a lot more to this than run and gun. I scour the forums and think in the long run this will rock. If there is anyone that can answer a random question here and there that would be great. I have seen similar threads but we are not looking for powerleveling just guidance.

Thanks ahead of time
Ensanee

Ellyidol
04-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the community! :)

You'll find the best information here in the forums, I guarantee it.

The best duo, IMO, is a bear and a mage. Preferably a pure int mage.

You have a tank (bear) that can gather mobs and keep them as compact as possible, then you have a mage to wipe them out with AoE. Not to mention the mage has heals and can revive the bear, if ever. :)

azulflame
04-30-2011, 09:56 AM
and don't forget the bird! all out damage per second (DPS). if you have one in your party, bosses go extremely fast. add azulflame and saulaocapary

Ellyidol
04-30-2011, 09:57 AM
and don't forget the bird! all out damage per second (DPS). if you have one in your party, bosses go extremely fast. add azulflame and saulaocapary

He's asking for a duo though :)

azulflame
04-30-2011, 10:04 AM
I reccomend getting a character from all classes to 18, then deciding from there.

Ensanee
04-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the replys guys. The main reason for the duo really is so we can get a feel for the game. We will see from playin with others what classes we like or are needed and jump off to those.

JaytB
04-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Feel free to add my toons (see sig). I'd be happy to try and answer all questions you might have in game :)