PDA

View Full Version : The Shoppe

NeoQueen
04-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Available online through the Pocket Legends website or as a separate app (recommended by someone else).

1) You click on a link that takes you to The Shoppes. From there you have the option to enter the shops of the individual retailors found throughout the PL world, the Consignment Shop, and the Crafting House.

--The individual shops of the retailors show all the items they currently sell, and can be customized for their individual location. Great place to show some more of the devs and/or community creativity.

--Consignment Shop needs a complete rehaul IMO. In the CS you should be able to:
a) Search for items by rarity, price, vanity, and equipment type (already able to do so)
b) Put things up for a Buy Now price or an Auction Bid starting price
c) Search for items by ending auction time (ex. these auctions are currently ending, with a live countdown)
d) The ability to see the average price of an item based on prices it was previously sold at, even if the item is not currently being sold by anyone (helps to know if inflation is currently underway)
e) A watch/wish list so players can follow specific items they are interested in

--Crafting House contains all characters that provide craftable equipment. Here you will be able to:
a) buy crafting materials needed that are put up for sale/auction by other players
b) be able to craft the equipment with materials acquired
c) see finished products to determine look and/or stats.
d) follow links to the most helpful and current crafting guides currently in the forums.

2) An online stash would also be nice. For those players with seasonal vanity items (cough cough 39 easter ears cough cough) an online stash could be for their items not needed in game. Only available online, this stash would allow players to have more stash/inventory room for their characters in-game.

3) For this to work there would have to be more of an online community then what is currently available. To be able to buy/sell online players would need to be able to access character profiles online to see their gold amount and items available. I understand that this is a MOBILE MMO, but for those who play for more than just the time filler on bus rides, this would create a more immersive gaming community and experience. Also by doing this, there would be a great foundation for:

a) Player housing should it become available. Buying, customizing, and decorating houses online while being able to go to the Housing Market in The Shoppes.
b) Pet care. If/When pets are implemented than players should be able to come online to take care of their pet, without having to go in game. They would be able to interact with and customize (and equip if they come with their own armor and/or inventory) their pets.

4) I feel that having a more defined shop area is important to the integrity of the community. I don't know about anyone else, but seeing all the scamming threads is tiresome. Mostly, IMO, it's a lack of knowledge on the buyers part. They think they are making a good deal but fail to check item prices and available locations (if it's available from a PL merchant) due to an inability to find the item in the CS (b/c it's not listed) or the right PL merchant. By having all this available online players can simply come to one common location and search for items to see what a good deal would be, or if they are getting "scammed" by buying something they could have gotten for cheap from a PL merchant. This also would allow sellers to look at item trends and make sure they are getting all their golds worth from selling that item.

NeoQueen
04-30-2011, 12:31 PM
P.S. I know this is a lot to read, but please, if you have constructive comments please read the whole thing. Also, I am not trying to create anymore 'scamming' controversy. Others have done that enough without my help.

NeoQueen
04-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Anyone have any comments or is the post just too long and no one wants to read it?

NeoQueen
04-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Updated with a few new ideas.

masterx3
04-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Yea i think we should make a YouShop, like add a shop on forum then we only need to put the things that we want to sale and set theprice

giayuan
05-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Not many people check suggestions and feedback, so expect less feedback.. LOL ironic huh? But anyway, all these ideas are extremely well thought out/developed, but creating these functions in game will take the devs a significant chunk of their time working already. They have Blackstar, the new campaigns to work on, and this just isnt their highest priority because it isnt NECESSARY. It would be so much better/safer/easier to merch/buy/sell, but this is just convenience, and you choose: New content or convenience?

Fatpigwarrior
05-01-2011, 12:53 AM
yeah, this is how it could work
You login with your email/password, It opens CS only and you can click through your inventory and choose items and also check prices :)

NeoQueen
05-01-2011, 06:55 AM
New content or convenience?

I hear you, but I think of it more as game improvement. In reality, you can add all the new content you want, but if you aren't able to get more than just the basics from it in the long run it just becomes another headache. I do like seeing the new stuff, but sometimes I just would like the old stuff to be made better because that can hugely improve the game experience for me also.

Mothwing
05-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Nice idea, kinda like neopets, WHICH I DONT PLAY ANYMORE LMAO

NeoQueen
05-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Nice idea, kinda like neopets, WHICH I DONT PLAY ANYMORE LMAO

Never played Neopets, but I used to play GaiaOnline and they had a nice set up.

Mothwing
05-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Haha dont play it it sucks

Conradin
05-04-2011, 08:40 PM
i like the ideas. A+ for right section