PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: I dislike Jewels

Titanium
07-29-2015, 07:00 AM
I never expected jewels to have a drop rate. Chaos has a higher drop rate than a Rengol crate in km3. On the other hand my inventory is flooded with nature , water. How about grouping crack jewels like gem essences. People who i farm with have to wait me till i delete 200 nature/water jewels.

The amount of crack jewels to craft a noble is ridiculous. I have to spend more 40k finesse for +3dex given by a normal gem ( fire/glacial/blood ). Three weeks ago a granted normal gem costed me 1k.

How about making jewels availabel on all maps?

I'm missing fire/blood/glacial gems!

eelysium
07-29-2015, 07:06 AM
I agree your opinion

pactwjrbr
07-29-2015, 07:08 AM
yes i agree br

Bigboyblue
07-29-2015, 07:18 AM
Jewels are a failure thus far. The drop rates and expense of crafting them don't justify the end result. If they were to add an option where we could combine two different jewels into one this would make them worth the grind. As it stands old gems are better than new jewels in some cases. So until the old supply is drained why would someone spend millions of gold on a jewel?

Madnex
07-29-2015, 07:29 AM
Seconded. It just seems like a never ending task whose boredom and unnecessary difficulty will be amplified to infinity once they add higher tiers than noble, from L30 up to L45.

Niixed
07-29-2015, 07:35 AM
I never expected jewels to have a drop rate. Chaos has a higher drop rate than a Rengol crate in km3. On the other hand my inventory is flooded with nature , water. How about grouping crack jewels like gem essences. People who i farm with have to wait me till i delete 200 nature/water jewels.

The amount of crack jewels to craft a noble is ridiculous. I have to spend more 40k finesse for +3dex given by a normal gem ( fire/glacial/blood ). Three weeks ago a granted normal gem costed me 1k.

Gem essences had a drop rate, and it was quite infrequent, it was far less than 1% chance to drop an essence per mob kill. I understand your frustration with jewels, but they are a different animal than gems. There are 8 types instead of 3, and the most valuable ones are in the toughest/highest level normal maps. they are not 'consumed' when put into equipment - they are removable. It's a long term game with jewels - you can't expect to get a noble in 2 days, just as it took 20-30 gems to make a grand gem. I hated that aspect of gems because it was frustrating to waste so much gold (plat for some) and wait forever until your gear had a grand. You're saying you'd rather have that system again? ;)

You'll never lose the jewels you got, you can move them to new equipment as you acquire it. You can use them while your working on improving them. Also, when you want to sell your gear, you simply remove your jewels. They stay with you, they're your personal treasure for keeps. You can also switch them out when you want more health, mana, damage, crit, etc. You're gonna see more and more gear sold without anything slotted.

I think what you're saying is you're impatient to have the tippy top and it ain't gonna happen, you're gonna have to play it long term, unless you want to fork over millions and millions of gold lol. Over time the price of jewels will come down, but it is designed to be long term and, tbh, it's better that way.

ericarsenic
07-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Im ok with spending few millions on my lv11 and lv15 twink which only requires standard and fortified form of jewels.

But in other way, i commited myself to not getting decent form of jewels for my endgame toon.
See you bubyee noble jewels!

Niixed
07-29-2015, 07:46 AM
Jewels are a failure thus far. The drop rates and expense of crafting them don't justify the end result. If they were to add an option where we could combine two different jewels into one this would make them worth the grind. As it stands old gems are better than new jewels in some cases. So until the old supply is drained why would someone spend millions of gold on a jewel?

I don't agree that they're a failure, I think we're going through an adjustment period. I do agree that they need another bump up in stats. I absolutely agree that jewel combo recipes would be spectacularly awesome. I think everyone's just used to having their pretty grand gems immediately, (I want it done yesterday. Now now now! Are we there yet?) but you can use the ones you got now and you never have to give 'em up. I like the idea of switching jewels to different equipment and switching different jewels out in the same equipment.

Niixed
07-29-2015, 07:52 AM
Seconded. It just seems like a never ending task whose boredom and unnecessary difficulty will be amplified to infinity once they add higher tiers than noble, from L30 up to L45.

I agree the drop rate needs to be higher, closer to what it was on the test server.

Titanium
07-29-2015, 08:00 AM
@ Thundyrz

If STS created this jewel system to make us not getting bored.... Well this is not the way. They replaced something which worked well for 2 seasons with something that doesn't work so great for me. The improvement which i love about this system is i can de-jewel my items. Otherwise I dislike jewels. What a noble jewel gives its not spectacular.

vawaid
07-29-2015, 08:32 AM
so far I saw only noble water jewels in aution, --".

Thrindal
07-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Patience young padawans. Time must be given for rewards of a grand nature, immediate satisfaction is not in line with long term goals.

Honestly, with current prices there are so many max geared folks that the only differentiation comes from the Jewels themselves. There has to be some differentiation between players and currently Jewels provide that differentiation.

zauilet
07-29-2015, 08:43 AM

I didn't read much of this but read a part which got my attention....
The things which u say bout rengol locks in km3 might be true....I logged in today for the first time in expansion and found that I went straight 9runs in km3 with 0 locks...disappointed..
Perhaps rengol locks can be found more easily anywhere else....?

Farmingizhard
07-29-2015, 08:51 AM
I'll accept all your natural jewels cause I am a nab mage with nab health hehe

Serancha
07-29-2015, 08:59 AM
I find it more than a little ridiculous that it takes over 700 cracked jewels to make a jewel with the equivalent stats of a single grand gem (superb jewel = level 46 grand gem).

That's the same as having to make 70+ gems to get a single grand gem. Yes it's socketable, but really. If they made odds that bad on grand gems, people would have revolted long ago.

Calling it a different name and exponentially increasing the work needed doesn't mean we don't notice we're getting screwed.

Arrowz
07-29-2015, 09:07 AM
I find it more than a little ridiculous that it takes over 700 cracked jewels to make a jewel with the equivalent stats of a single grand gem (superb jewel = level 46 grand gem).

That's the same as having to make 70+ gems to get a single grand gem. Yes it's socketable, but really. If they made odds that bad on grand gems, people would have revolted long ago.

Calling it a different name and exponentially increasing the work needed doesn't mean we don't notice we're getting screwed.

Except your jewel can be used now and for continuously for your future gear where as gems were one and done. Evens out pretty much

Serancha
07-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Except your jewel can be used now and for continuously for your future gear where as gems were one and done. Evens out pretty much

Not with the current drop rates, it doesn't.

Jazzi
07-29-2015, 09:14 AM
I have to say I always felt that the drop-rate of the main stat jewels is ridiculously low. However I was always selling them immediately, so I never counted jewels/run. With the double teeth odds event I farmed a whole bar. Did exactly 150 runs in elite wilds, in which I looted 37 main stat jewels (yes in 150 elite runs). Of those 12 were finesse jewels. So that is 12 finesse jewels in 150 elite wilds runs. With that drop-rate I need to run Elite The Wilds the ridiculous amount of 27337 times in order to get a single noble finesse jewel. I know you could then resocket it, but seriously the amount of runs to gem full mythic/acrane gear with noble jewels is the staggering total of 492 075.

Arrowz
07-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Well if you guys are going to complain about jewels dont use them :) plain and simple

Madnex
07-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Well if you guys are going to complain about jewels dont use them :) plain and simple

How about you try endgame?

The issue here is that they're forcing us to use them since they cut off the essence supply.

It'd make a world of difference if they allowed us to keep farming & crafting gems until a couple months in jewel farming. That way we would farm jewels for later use and be happy with grand gems of equal stats until that point. Grand main stat gems at 41+ give one stat point less than nobles but the price difference is about 5-8 millions.

Edward Coug
07-29-2015, 12:25 PM
How about you try endgame?

The issue here is that they're forcing us to use them since they cut off the essence supply.

It'd make a world of difference if they allowed us to keep farming & crafting gems until a couple months in jewel farming. That way we would farm jewels for later use and be happy with grand gems of equal stats until that point. Grand main stat gems at 41+ give one stat point less than nobles but the price difference is about 5-8 millions.

No one would ever use jewels then. At some point, the gems are going to run out, and the market for jewels will finally develop. If we didn't have gems, we would have no problem paying high prices for jewels.

I really hope damaged or weak jewels will drop in the new elites. This would ease the pain a bit. And chaos and lightning really need to get a buff.

gumball3000
07-29-2015, 01:09 PM
There is a never ending supply of them. Eventually price will go down. Just it back and relax you will get them sooner or later.

Tatman
07-29-2015, 03:56 PM
I have to say I always felt that the drop-rate of the main stat jewels is ridiculously low. However I was always selling them immediately, so I never counted jewels/run. With the double teeth odds event I farmed a whole bar. Did exactly 150 runs in elite wilds, in which I looted 37 main stat jewels (yes in 150 elite runs). Of those 12 were finesse jewels. So that is 12 finesse jewels in 150 elite wilds runs. With that drop-rate I need to run Elite The Wilds the ridiculous amount of 27337 times in order to get a single noble finesse jewel. I know you could then resocket it, but seriously the amount of runs to gem full mythic/acrane gear with noble jewels is the staggering total of 492 075.
Some numbers from our recently finished jewel farming contest. 33 people, farming for 7 days (some, of course, farming harder than others), got 385 cracked mind jewels, 360 finesse jewels and 375 fury jewels. No way to tell the number of runs or the total hours spent farming, but still.

Edward Coug
07-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Some numbers from our recently finished jewel farming contest. 33 people, farming for 7 days (some, of course, farming harder than others), got 385 cracked mind jewels, 360 finesse jewels and 375 fury jewels. No way to tell the number of runs or the total hours spent farming, but still.

7 players. 7 days. 1 excellent finesse jewel. LOL

Jazzi
07-29-2015, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the info. All in all though if those 33 people would run the same for 6 weeks they will get one noble of each type. It seems really bad to me tbh. Huge effort for a single jewel

Dalmony
07-29-2015, 05:09 PM

7 players. 7 days. 1 excellent finesse jewel. LOL

Ouch... well if it wasn't in perspective already that certainly says a lot for the jewel farming situation :/

It's like saying if you save a penny per day for 10000 days, you will have £100 at the end of it. The effort is small but... the projected timeframe is far too long. So long that it seems pointless to actually start working towards such a goal.

EDIT: I just realised that these were the jewels farmed by THIRTY THREE people. So for one player to farm 1000 primary stats jewels, and not even of the same variety (but I'd assume they could sell some in exchange for the correct type) it would take 33 times as long... 33 weeks?

And you wouldn't even have farmed enough to make 1 noble jewel :/ This isn't very motivating.

Jazzi
07-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Ouch... well if it wasn't in perspective already that certainly says a lot for the jewel farming situation :/

It's like saying if you save a penny per day for 1000 days, you will have £100 at the end of it. The effort is small but... the projected timeframe is far too long. So long that it seems pointless to actually start working towards such a goal.

EDIT: I just realised that these were the jewels farmed by THIRTY THREE people. So for one player to farm 1000 primary stats jewels, and not even of the same variety (but I'd assume they could sell some in exchange for the correct type) it would take 33 times as long... 33 weeks?

And you wouldn't even have farmed enough to make 1 noble jewel :/ This isn't very motivating.

Yes, a single person would need 33 weeks for about 400 cracked (lets not forget it was contest, so normal farm speed might be slower). One noble needs 2100-ish, so 5 times more=165-ish weeks= 3-ish years :) Long term goal indeed ;)

P.S. On the bright side you would most probably have 1 noble of each main stat.

Dalmony
07-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Yes, a single person would need 33 weeks for about 400 cracked (lets not forget it was contest, so normal farm speed might be slower). One noble needs 2100-ish, so 5 times more=165-ish weeks= 3-ish years :) Long term goal indeed ;)

P.S. On the bright side you would most probably have 1 noble of each main stat.

Yeah :/ To simplify it, I just counted it as 1000 cracked gems in 33 weeks, because in an ideal world you would just sell the other gems and use the gold to replace them with finesse (as a rogue).

But even looking at it that way you are right, at that rate it would be well over a year (70-80 weeks) for 1 noble finesse jewel *_*

It's such a ridiculous figure.... further drop rate adjustments and means to get higher quality jewels MUST be coming. Mustn't they??

O.o

Titanium
07-30-2015, 12:48 AM
Why we should have patience? I don't need one noble. I need 12-15 nobles in all my items.

If i had to complete 30-50runs in elites for a noble i would do it without thinking.

gumball3000
07-30-2015, 02:00 AM
Why we should had patience? I don't need one noble. I need 12-15 nobles in all my items.

If i had to complete 30-50runs in elites for a noble i would do it without thinking.
Lol why do you need noble? The game is completely playable without noble gems right now.

The way i see it these jewels are not meant as a quest someone can easily do by himself. You have to get these jewels in auction.

If you are rich you can get them fast, if not you will have to wait. If i were you i would farm these jewels and sell them, use that gold to buy the ones you need later on.

Also you have to think about the people who bought 10 noble for 10 m each, unlike a few months back this is a lot of money now. Imagine the outrage if jewel system changed.

Vorbesc serios acuma, farmeaza tot ce prinzi si vinde pe loc, cand majoritatea bogatanilor or sa aiba full noble o da le scada si pretul si le cumperi atunci.

abhi
07-30-2015, 05:48 AM
i totally agree with you plus one cannot get which of gem is crafted whether it is weak or damaged