PDA

View Full Version : Ursoth make Elites pointless?

Bigboyblue
07-29-2015, 07:38 AM
Who thinks the gear dropped from the Ursoth event will make the new elite maps pointless? I know this has happened in the past and am wondering if STS will do the same thing this time. The only thing is elites haven't been released yet. At least they had been out for a month or so last season before an event made their gear second tier.

Visiting
07-29-2015, 08:11 AM
It's been over a year since elites were last truly useful for anything :/, hopefully with the new season, new maps, we'll get some reason to farm elites (cough* profit *cough).

vawaid
07-29-2015, 08:25 AM
I want new magma claymore of will, if sts scales the dropped items.

Edward Coug
07-31-2015, 11:33 AM
It's been over a year since elites were last truly useful for anything :/, hopefully with the new season, new maps, we'll get some reason to farm elites (cough* profit *cough).

Dragonite bars worthless? Breeze eggs and imbued sets worthless? Arcane fossil and vials worthless?

The old elites can still get you good gold. The big gold from the new elites will come from the farmable mythic ingredients (and damaged and weak jewels if they drop, just my theory).

Visiting
07-31-2015, 04:23 PM
Dragonite bars worthless? Breeze eggs and imbued sets worthless? Arcane fossil and vials worthless?

The old elites can still get you good gold. The big gold from the new elites will come from the farmable mythic ingredients (and damaged and weak jewels if they drop, just my theory).
The OP stated elite maps, so I assumed the actual elite campaign maps not the quasi-leet maps...

Bigboyblue
08-03-2015, 09:19 AM
The OP stated elite maps, so I assumed the actual elite campaign maps not the quasi-leet maps...

You're correct. I mean the new elite maps(yet to be released). If the gear dropped there doesn't outdo the existing released gear they become somewhat pointless. If Ursoth brings new mythic weapons the elite maps will most likely drop second tier weaponry. They will still be worth money but the rich end game players will have their new weapons and will not purchase elite map loot. I think the elite maps should hold the best gear, atleast for a period of time.

Gingeracist
08-03-2015, 09:57 AM
The new elite maps will probably not drop the best weapons but...

The ingredients for crafting the mythic armor will so...

Even if Ursoth yields new mythic weapons end-game players will still farm the heck out of the new elite maps to loot the mythic ingredients.

Jazzi
08-03-2015, 12:03 PM
From what I have seen so far in the expansion, I am guessing event legendary gear will be +1-2 main stat, +1 secondary stat and 0,1-0,2 damage modifier better than the current legendaries. So I am guessing the elite gear will follow the same principle. How the weapons are made is another thing. All in all it looks like sts is going ahead with this model of itemization, where you get marginally better gear once in a while. If it is worth upgrading for such a small difference is another thing, especially considering the prices of gems/jewels.

Ravager
08-03-2015, 02:59 PM

You're correct. I mean the new elite maps(yet to be released). If the gear dropped there doesn't outdo the existing released gear they become somewhat pointless. If Ursoth brings new mythic weapons the elite maps will most likely drop second tier weaponry. They will still be worth money but the rich end game players will have their new weapons and will not purchase elite map loot. I think the elite maps should hold the best gear, atleast for a period of time.

If they do have mythic weapons for ursoth, they should have the shorter range/defensive weapons then offensive/ranged legendaries for elite.

I.e.
Daggers, staves, sword and shield for Ursoth
Bow, gun, 2 handed sword for elite legendaries.

That would keep the demand up for the time being.