PDA

View Full Version : Target switching

Random
05-27-2010, 12:40 PM
It's not a rare occurance for me to be playing and get messed up by the auto lock. I'll get locked onto a slow zombie or enemy in the back and a fast enem will start toattack me, leaving me only one choice; to run away until the slow enemy becomes unlocked and I can lock the closer fast enemy.

I think the ability to tap on the enemy to toggle locking and unlocking would be really useful.

King Richie
05-27-2010, 12:42 PM
the update messed that feature up ... that feature was actually already in the game and when the update came in they said it messed it up there fixing it in 1.2.1 update

Izbar
05-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Awesome cause this has been annoying me as well

ratava
05-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Was the original targetting feature?...

1. Target closest enemy (broken line appear)
2. double tap the locked enemy (unlocks target)

Is that right?

Is it possible to add a "TAB" cycle through targets option?

asommers
05-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Was the original targetting feature?...

Tapping on an enemy will target (PvP works, PvE broken)
Tapping on yourself untargets (still works)

Is it possible to add a "TAB" cycle through targets option?

We don't want to cloud the hud with another button.

-ALS

Huzzah
05-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Can you increase the tap to target radius slightly (using PvP as a proxy)? I would have liked this in PvE before the bug as well, and am sure the issue still exists. It's frustrating to go to tap target and instead move into "lethal range," especially as a squishy :-)

asommers
05-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Can you increase the tap to target radius slightly (using PvP as a proxy)? I would have liked this in PvE before the bug as well, and am sure the issue still exists. It's frustrating to go to tap target and instead move into "lethal range," especially as a squishy :-)

Shouldn't be, They are the same value.

-ALS

Huzzah
05-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Yeah, I agree (that was my assumption). The problem isn't pvp vs. pve variance, the problem is universal to both. That is, when I tap target in pvp or pve I find myself moving to position right next to the enemy.

That's a big big issue if you're trying to maintain strategic position, especially as a squishy. Especially when there's a lot going on and you have to think quick.

Angriff
05-28-2010, 02:27 PM

That is understandable, but I know I would prefer a cycle target button in place of the emote button.
Or a better idea is to put it in the spell book, so if we wanted we could have it out in one of the for quick slots. For tanking and overall crowd control I feel it would be very useful.

ratava
05-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Tapping on an enemy will target (PvP works, PvE broken)
Tapping on yourself untargets (still works)

-ALS

Thanks a lot for the summary! That's really helpful, don't know why I missed knowing this important info, initially.

I agree keeping the HUD as economical as possible. I'll try the current system some more.

Royce
05-29-2010, 01:16 PM

How about a gesture to cycle targets, like a two finger swipe (which I believe currently fires some emote).

Edit: Okay, on second thought, maybe a swipe wouldn't be good. How about a 3 finger tap or something though.

Mahk
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Ah! Good Thread! This is why I came here -- the freakin' auto-lock fun of being a tank and wailing away on a random mob while a Boss wipes out the party!

So I figured out that I could just hang back and TAP>TARGET the boss then hit the attack button. But was still running away to un-target stuff....

TAP MYSELF! Ah!

I agree, if there was a gesture or the ability to add a button in with the skill buttons, I'd do it!

So, I don't undestand why you would want to "STOP" attacking -- I think they could just make Tapping the attack button disengage the auto-lock, tap again and your locked on to the closest target again.
Well, i know mistake taps happen.... but that simple fix would take care of 66.87% of my issue!

v5point0
06-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Also could be possible to have the attack button more like press in and out GUI button, this would immediately tell you that auto attack is engaged the moment you tap attack rather then waiting and seeing your characters action.

bmc85uk
06-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I like the idea of turning off auto attack clearing your target lock.