PDA

View Full Version : Booting ethics

jaminn
04-30-2011, 08:34 PM
I hope this post will influence every one in the future not to just boot anyone. I am going to go through my personal rules on booting players in hopes that I will be heard.

Sometimes people on pocket legends are in a certain place because they are doing a quest and will only be there for a small duration. So Rule #3 find out why they are there it may not bother you if they aren't interfering and are only there for a short period of time.

Even though it is many times not their place to be there, a lot of people hate being booted for such reasons as J or K. My personal Rule #2 when you do boot use a real reason such as "to low of a lvl" or "we have a set team", at least write a full "sorry/sry".

My final rule is the easiest way to get respect in the booting game. Rule #1 ask before you boot simple as that it gives no right to be angry at you and in my experience it works about 19/20 times at least

MysticEntity
05-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I totally agree with everything you said. I haven't booted anyone from a game yet because I use a password when I don't want anyone to join my game, but 99% of my games are open and everyone is always welcome to join.

KaotiicxDream
05-01-2011, 03:43 PM
If I boot someone I use: Too low

azulflame
05-01-2011, 06:43 PM
the too low excuse is obsolete since the latest update. at least give them a try. Since I can romp shadow caves as a 43, I can do it at 48.

Corpser
05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
well this is great and i hate those that just boot as quick as possible for reason k but i dont think those lazy booters will bother to come on here and check this out.

worst time i had was farming the shadow caves i got booted for reason to low at a lvl 50 campaing and i was lvl 51, 53 , 51 (i changed my charecters)

Fyrce
05-01-2011, 08:49 PM
LOL. I ran shadow caves as 48, 50 and 51 and of course, higher. No problems. You probably don't want to run with those in Caves who boot you anyways.
They're either running with friends or aren't very good at it, since they find it difficult at level 55 or 56, and therefore "have" to boot lower levels.

jaminn
05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks for your input guys glad to know some people are agreed on this issue ;)

jaminn
05-05-2011, 08:10 PM
how many other people agree with my ethics and plsease negative response is always welcome

Tamino
05-06-2011, 03:00 AM
I completely agree with #1 and #2. Rule #3 seems legit, but only if game is already started, not while team is building up.

Bobloblaw
05-06-2011, 04:17 AM
I'm with ya on these jam. Pretty basic thing I wish more people did. # 2 is a big personal sticking point of mine.

romgar1
05-06-2011, 10:15 AM
So you are saying it would be bad to boot someone with reasons like" Hope my foot didn't hurt to bad on the way out" or "Enjoy the ride on the boot train"?

Tamino
05-06-2011, 10:45 AM
So you are saying it would be bad to boot someone with reasons like" Hope my foot didn't hurt to bad on the way out" or "Enjoy the ride on the boot train"?
Someone will be amused by the joke :D, someone will be disappointed by your rudeness :mad:. In no way I can consider this a "polite" boot reason...

jaminn
05-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I completely agree with #1 and #2. Rule #3 seems legit, but only if game is already started, not while team is building up.

Yea #3 was something that I rarely do but I. Needed to have something to do for 3 haha

azulflame
05-06-2011, 06:49 PM
pm;y reason I do #3 is when we have been farming VL for half an hour with the same, very good party, and some random noob pops in, which seems to always take the spot of the tank. He gets the boot. I don't like it, but if I want a speedy run of Gurg and Keeper for totems, I will do it with a tank, a nuke mage, a pally, and two pure dex birds. not a mage, a pally, and 3 birds. we die too fast that way. although the pally rezzes us, we nuke em fast enough to take 5 or 6 mob groups and nuke em at once. cool fireworks display, ans all die fast. we need a good tank, and the pally just doesn't have the armor to take on all the groups, that's why we have a tank AND a pally.

F1zzzzp0p
05-07-2011, 12:51 AM
When I usually bOot i say sorry but it can be annoying if u keep
Getting hotter cuz ur a mage or bear or archer......

F1zzzzp0p
05-07-2011, 12:52 AM
When I usually bOot i say sorry but it can be annoying if u keep
Getting hotter cuz ur a mage or bear or archer......

I meant getting booted lol I wrote hotter XD!!

Angrybird
05-11-2011, 01:16 PM
I get a lot of under lvl 50s when I'm playing sewers so I just say "sorry, need 50+"... I think that it valid enough?

kamikazees
05-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I just say "sorry, need 50+"... I think that it valid enough?
I think it is good enough. A person may not like that reason but at least it's a reason. I really disliked being booted for "55+" especially when I was lvl 53 and there was no other place to level, but that's better than being booted for "asdfkj".

jaminn
05-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I understand where u guys ar coming from but I realy think you should try #1 it works almost always and I personally I think it is a much better way to be liked, I always remember the "be friendly" clause of the pl game...catchphrase I guess

Swimmingstar
05-12-2011, 12:12 AM
I totally agree people boot me no reason and just say sorry or too low level the too low level excuse doesn't work cuz update and sorry never works

jaminn
05-12-2011, 07:30 PM
I totally agree people boot me no reason and just say sorry or too low level the too low level excuse doesn't work cuz update and sorry never works

Exactally why I posted this

Deadsoldiers
05-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Naah, i think real reasons are good , but sometimes i cant ask if they can leave (when i am killing big mobs in deli with my twink) so i boot em saying sorry but most time i host with passwords

jaminn
05-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Naah, i think real reasons are good , but sometimes i cant ask if they can leave (when i am killing big mobs in deli with my twink) so i boot em saying sorry but most time i host with passwords

I am sorry but this is one of the reasons I made this. If you have enough time to boot u have enough time to say leave.

ZHEOTARE
05-16-2011, 12:07 PM
I do agree that a good reason should be given. The only two reasons I will boot is because I already have a full group and you joined before they all got in, or for really, really bad play/talk.

However, I think it goes both ways though. People take getting booted personally. I once got a message back after booting someone for "got a group. sorry" that said "Ever hear of asking?? Now I'm going to ignore you and my 56 bear is too."

I mean who cares?? If you are getting booted on a regular, host a game. Others will join in. Then you hopefully end up with a good group.

On the flip side, the worst boot I got was in a group of level 53+. I joined in to complete the group. 25% of the way through I got booted for "nah nah na na, hey hey hey, goodbye". HAHAHA!! I hadn't died and was leading the charge with my level 55 bird. I laughed, said oh well, and moved on.

I will run with any level group as long as they play well. And usually, if it's my friends playing and one low level comes, I let them stay. If they play bad, I will give advice. If they don't listen and keep messing us up, I'll boot at that point.

Fyrce
05-16-2011, 03:17 PM
I got booted for "nah nah na na, hey hey hey, goodbye".

OMG, I think someone did used to boot regularly with that. Don't remember who anymore. Didn't remember till you wrote that. LOL.

ZHEOTARE
05-16-2011, 05:38 PM
HAHA!! This was just a couple of weeks ago too. I wish I knew the name now.

Kossi
05-16-2011, 05:39 PM
/boot therandomtroll (reason:) NO I WILL NOT GIVE YOU 500K

Raulur
05-16-2011, 11:50 PM
The group I've been running with generally doesn't boot anybody. Reasons we might: We are bringing in a higher level bird (reason = sorry), you have been bailing at the boss (I can't stand boss bailers, we make sure the group knows we kill bosses). Last but not least: I am going to start booting Paladins that do not heal/buff/debuff. We will roll with int birds and dex bears no problem, but a paladin that does not debuff is no use to us. They do little to no damage, and the spot would be better off filled by a ranged char even at a lower level.

I will never boot anybody at the boss that has rolled with me the entire map. That is just rude, in my opinion.

Azesche
05-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Only idiots boot "too low" instantly.

I'm a firm believer in PLAYER SKILL no matter what game. Sadly I tend to get booted even though in my experience I'm more efficient, survive better and INCREASE productivity if the party rather than bog it down (i.e. Bears/mages that split up mobs, birds that wander off and die then scream for a rez) there are plenty of high levels that boggle the mind with their lack of thought when playing.

Do yourself a favor, atleast wait and see if the person is any good before you judge =.=

Tamino
05-18-2011, 03:07 AM

I'm a firm believer in PLAYER SKILL no matter what game. Sadly I tend to get booted even though in my experience I'm more efficient, survive better and INCREASE productivity if the party rather than bog it down (i.e. Bears/mages that split up mobs, birds that wander off and die then scream for a rez) there are plenty of high levels that boggle the mind with their lack of thought when playing.

Do yourself a favor, atleast wait and see if the person is any good before you judge =.=

I agree... in most cases. Even hardly, one or more 48 can complete Hideout (I did it with a 48-49 team); but at Catacombs, they can't. It is simple mathematics, the max armor you can wear below 50 isn't enough to survive to the average hits by mobs.

Again, a 55+ team can make quick runs on Sewers; such a team can accept one or two 53-54 players without sacrificing the speed, but not one-two 48 - the run becomes slower.

jaminn
05-18-2011, 10:21 PM

I agree as well that's why I say don't boot the instant. Someone arrives...or in the case of a friend of mine if someone is powerleveling one should not boot instantly but I think should ask the people to leave...just makes it harder for people to try and get angry and curse u out

mejslll
05-18-2011, 11:04 PM
i got booted all the time at lvl 48, 49 for too low of a lvl, then at 50 and 51 i got booted for every thing from not good enough equip, to numbers look horrible, to bears suck...

then at lvl 52, 53 and now 54 i dont really get booted except for full teams asking me to leave or booting me saying they full team.

imo - i dont ever boot... i have had some great runs with 48s and 49s and even explaining how to run thru a series with them, or how to kill a boss.

i would much perfer if ever one "team" based type of run use the locked out/need a password type game.

Azesche
05-19-2011, 10:35 PM
While I understand for things at 50+ may be more gear dependant and complicated (as would be expected)

I was talking more about my jumping into boss levels/mini dungeons and getting booted by random people that say 42 is too low for Alien oasis II lol. If you need 50s for that...you are truly terribad.

I also agree that if you are boot happy, just make a locked game geez. Its not that hard.