PDA

View Full Version : Extremely new. Answer some questions/ help?

MeXiCaN
04-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Alright, well i downloaded this game like a couple days ago. Basically, i couldnt even figure out how to leave town and fight monsters.
I have a few questions, and im wondering if maybe somebody who uses chat can guide me the first few lvls.

unanswered ?'s:

8. What are the different in stats for each class? What are each classes 2 main stats? (if not only 1)
Mage:
Warrior
Archer:

9. If you pump all your stats into one attribute, what will you be sacrificing?
(For each class)
Mage:
Warrior:
Archer:

10. Is there a "buddy list" or sort of "find" feature? where i can see where my friend may be at?

4a. Whats the highest lvl possible (paying)
4c. How much does it cost to "upgrade" your characters max lvl?

jaminn
04-30-2011, 08:52 PM
1. Search the forums there have been numerous posts on them in fact check the mage archer bear sections in the forum.

2. All the classes have buffs but only mage has buffs that are party buffs

3. Mages are rarely supporter in my experience and even if you max out buffs and heal you will have a lot of skills left to place skill points on. My buffs and heal are max and I'm still an offensive mage

4. Highest level is currently level 56 but it takes a lot of time to get there.

5. You can only get xp from the campaign that you are on so for instance once you reach the limit of the lowest dungeon in forest haven which I believe is 13 then you cannot level in the last level of forest haven either

6. This last question is not for me to answer unfortunatly I do not know but it grows constantly as you your self are proof

Hope this was helpful. If you have any more questions post here ill keep an eye out for this one

MeXiCaN
04-30-2011, 09:01 PM
5. You can only get xp from the campaign that you are on so for instance once you reach the limit of the lowest dungeon in forest haven which I believe is 13 then you cannot level in the last level of forest haven either

im confused about this... you can only get EXP while on quests?
please explain more.

jaminn
04-30-2011, 09:20 PM
im confused about this... you can only get EXP while on quests?
please explain more.

No you can only get to a certain level according to the place you are fighting in. The dungeons you can acess in forest haven only go to lvl 13 then every next campaign raises the leveling bar.

4. The highest level is 56 which can only be obtained in balefort sewers. Without paying it is currently free because of the birthday event but I do not know how long that will be. And the cost can be found by pressing the coin icon at the bottom of the screen next to the talk button

7. There are three ways to go fight enemies #1 walk into the gate in the middle of forest haven. #2 Click your name then click the world icon and join a game or create a game. #3 when you have a quest you can go to your quest page and click go to.
I personally use #2

Pandamoni
04-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Welcome :)

I'll try to answer your questions but I'm sure others will be able to add to or correct me if I'm off.

1) on the forums there are specific sections for each character. You will find guides put together by some of our very own forum members in each section.

Archer: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16244-Comprehensive-Archer-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide

Mage: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?14916-Enchantress-Class-Head-Quarters

Warrior: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19729-Short-General-Guide-on-Ursan-Stat-Skills

If you want to read some good guides about bears and dual specs or other builds be sure to search for Ellyidol and see the links in his sig.

2) answered above

3) you can choose to play your mage more passively or more aggressively. You can play a pally where you melee or you can fight more of a range fighter. I tend to focus on trying to keep the group alive AND nuking stuff so I'm a pure intel. mage. It really depends on your play style but mage is nice because you CAN support your team and keep them healthy while also playing offensively.

4) You joined at the right time because all the maps are free so you don't have to pay to level. You can buy platinum and buy premium gear with the platinum packs or you can run the dungeons and get drops and sell the drops. I have spent money on platinum but I haven't used it to buy gear. Up until the last campaign I had top of the line gear but I don't want to spend the gold on the top of the line stuff now and I'm still playing okay. It just depends on how much you want to put into the game but you can still play very well without spending a ton of money on getting all "upgraded" gear. As far as skills, etc, you don't have to pay for that and you will learn new skills every other level you progress. I think that is what you were asking. Let me know if I misunderstood.

5) You will get a little message if you are no longer earning XP because the dungeon is too easy. Also, there are little lights next to the health bar of enemies that tells you if they are above or below your level of fighting and how much xp you'll earn by killing them. Others will chime in to let you know what colors mean what because I haven't paid much attention to it :) In the meantime, here's a good link to all of the quests in the game. Completing quests is a good way to really learn the game, meet people, get drops and farm gold so you're not broke as heck when you hit end game http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21190-A-Pocket-Legends-Quest-Guide&highlight=level

6) there are tens of thousands of people registered but at any given time you'll find about 1500 to 4500 people on line at the same time...at least that's about how many I notice when I look.

7) there are a number of ways to start fighting. First, you can go to the map and click on a town and click on the npc's (the characters that are part of the game and assign quests) and pick up a quest, then you click on your little bar and click on the window that is for quests and you can click on the active quest and then "go to" and it will take you to where you need to be to complete the quest. You can also click on "join game" which is on the map and it will pull up all active games. You can filter by campaign and/or people's names, PVP or PVE, etc. You can also click on the map and click on host game to start your own game or you can walk through the magic portals in towns and that will take you to active games. OR you can also go to your friend's list and join their games.

jaminn
04-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Lol I feel useless :(. just kidding but you did a great job at answering a lot better than me. thank you for clearing my answers up

Pandamoni
04-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Lol I feel useless :(. just kidding but you did a great job at answering a lot better than me. thank you for clearing my answers up

:P You did fine :D

MeXiCaN
04-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks everyone, i added more questions :)

jaminn
04-30-2011, 10:09 PM
:P You did fine :D

Haha you didn't have to answer that I was only joking they can think of my answer as the quick version and go to yours for details ;) I'm a very optomistic guy but I always forget that sarcasm doesn't travel through computers...lol

NeoQueen
04-30-2011, 10:35 PM
8) mages are mostly health and mana. When u boost all int for them they have great mana and health regen. Bears are all about the armor. When u boost all str u can pretty much survive longer than any others (takes five strong hits to kill u as opposed to 1 for a Mage/bird). Birds are all about the damage per second. They have the lowest damage causing items, but can inflict a lot more damage over time.

9) kinda follows 8. By boosting all of one u sacrifice what the other classes get. However, even if you boost all of str for a Mage ur armor still isn't going to be on par with that of a bears but will be better than an int mage. That's why a lot of players build hybrids.

10) when u see a friend click on either their character if ur in a Towne or their name if ur in a game and click add friend. Once they accept ur request u can find them on ur friend page and join them if they are somewhere else and there is space available.

4a. Highest level right now is 56
4c. Right now it is free to level. No plat necessary for leveling areas.

MeXiCaN
05-01-2011, 01:18 AM
8) mages are mostly health and mana. When u boost all int for them they have great mana and health regen. Bears are all about the armor. When u boost all str u can pretty much survive longer than any others (takes five strong hits to kill u as opposed to 1 for a Mage/bird). Birds are all about the damage per second. They have the lowest damage causing items, but can inflict a lot more damage over time.

By bear you mean warrior right?

Fatpigwarrior
05-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Bear-Warrior
Elf-Enchnatress/mage
Bird-Archer