PDA

View Full Version : goblin king

azulflame
05-01-2011, 03:15 AM
How do you kill the goblin king in the sewers? I know it has something to do with the totem, but how is it pulled off?

Fatpigwarrior
05-01-2011, 03:17 AM
When ever i do it i necver do anything with totme i just kill

davidis57
05-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Today we had a lot of lag so the king was able to heal. We finally got him after 4 heals. Usually if a bird gets between the totem and the king you can push him away and keep shooting and using your skills while others surround him and use their attacks. It was easier before GCD. Now it takes a little more skill. If the king gets close to the totem he can get healed. I find it difficult to switch targets from king to totem.

JaytB
05-01-2011, 05:00 AM
When I play with friends, we usually just attack the king until he's dead. An alternative would be to attack the king and as soon as you see the green 'fumes' around the totem, your whole party attacks the totem. It's important that the entire party destroys the totem together, or else you'll probably not be able to destroy it in the first place.

azulflame
05-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Jay, that is what we did. Barely for it, too.

Duped
05-01-2011, 12:34 PM
When I play with friends, we usually just attack the king until he's dead. An alternative would be to attack the king and as soon as you see the green 'fumes' around the totem, your whole party attacks the totem. It's important that the entire party destroys the totem together, or else you'll probably not be able to destroy it in the first place.

That's how you have to do it. Also, you can only one person (max) with STR gear (and really best for everyone to use a 1H weapon) or else you lack the DPS to pull it off.
DEX (especially) and INT gear is required to beat him.
After much frustration, I just don't start the Pitz run unless the group is strong enough. But I really enjoy fighting him because he takes some skill like Goldy. Who knows, maybe he will drop the Raid talon :)

Also, the totem heals him if it's not destroyed regardless of where he is in room from my experience.

Ayrilana
05-01-2011, 12:40 PM
He's not that bad even after the GCD update. Probably the easiest boss out of all of them. Just do what everyone has been saying and attack the totem when you see the green fumes coming from the totem. You have about 8-10 seconds to destroy it so everyone needs to be paying attention and not slacking. You can target the totem the easiest by clicking on the base. Pre-GDC a mage with melee pot could just barely solo the totem. It should be nothing for five people. It just takes a little coordination. Good luck!