PDA

View Full Version : Don't trust this guy...........

Aqualung
05-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey people. Just wanted to let you know, there's this guy in the Alterra server - his name is Pinkarch. Well, he said he was selling pinks (swamp), and he said they were in his stash. He pulled out pinks like Conqueror's Croc Spine, Conqueror's Saintly Shield, Swamp Rat's Blackmetal Claymore, and this other pink but I can't remember. Anyway, he said he was selling them for 12k gold each. I told him I didn't have that much, that I only had 3k and Conqueror's Swampy Trident. He then told me that it was ok, just to trade Conq. Swampy Trident for any one of his pinks. I chose the Conq. Croc Spine. Well, to make the story shorter, he walked away with my trident, and I walked away with nothing. And we did use the secure trade system. He must've found a way around it. I think that when I added my item, and he removed his pinks BUT the croc spine, and as we proceeded to tap the check boxes, he must've removed his item at the last minute. Spacetime, if it's possible, can I get that item back? I was trading with confidence because of this Secure Trading system. I never thought that scamming was still possible. I'm so angry. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Please Spacetime!

Sayishere
05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
wow people have found a way round secure trading? this is horrible, hope the devs ban this guy and get your item back

Banned
05-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Wow... I don't even know what to say... I thought it would solve the scamming problem for sure.

TheBaconKing
05-27-2010, 02:41 PM
What you failed to tell us is hat happened after your put up your pink item.. I think you were in a rush, and was pressing the button over.

I know for a fact that the checkbox for trading clears when one member of the trade removes an item. So the only way for you to loose said items in a trade was for you to be inpatient and hit the check button without looking.

Royce
05-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but suppose the player removes their item at the same moment the other player checks the box. Seems like it might be possible to get you item out some of the time if you have good timing. Maybe a 2 second period after both confirm the trade during which either could retract by unchecking the box would be a solution. Anyway I might have that Trident to spare, but I'll have to check when the servers come back up. Can't remember if I traded it or not.

asommers
05-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Send an email to support at spacetimestudios.com.

-ALS

Meabegitag
04-07-2011, 04:11 PM
The way to scam like that is to add an item then at the last second remove it....I got a Raid Wing stolen from me by that...good thing is I have people who got my wing back without destroying the guy....I refuse to say the name of the guy all I will say is that he was a lvl 17 mage....and I know him personally but he didn't know it was me...

Moogerfooger
04-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Nice job digging up an 11 month old post :rolleyes:

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Nice job digging up an 11 month old post :rolleyes:

Agreed rofl