PDA

View Full Version : Can a ban be lifted?

Biba
05-01-2011, 02:10 PM
So I was talking to one of my good friends on pl & he had bought the "tanned" face on his elf so just to mess around I tried to call him a n*gger & all of a sudden im banned for life. & I was just wondering if it can be lifted? Or excused in anyway cause Its not like I was flaming him or anything...

KaotiicxDream
05-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Email: Support(at)Spacetimestudios.com and replace (at) with @.

They will help you.

Vallist
05-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Email devs Support@Spacetimestudios.com

Ayrilana
05-01-2011, 02:13 PM
No. They have a zero tolerance for racism even if you were just joking. Sorry.

KaotiicxDream
05-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Email devs Support(at)Spacetimestudios.com

Remove the @ fast and replace with (at) or [at]!!

Biba
05-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Ok thanks guys :)

Vallist
05-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Remove the @ fast and replace with (at) or [at]!!

support@spacetimestudios.com
this is not freaken harry potter okay
make it easier for the guy to copy and paste

Zeus
05-01-2011, 02:20 PM
support@spacetimestudios.com
this is not freaken harry potter okay
make it easier for the guy to copy and paste

It's because then spacetime get's spammed emails by auto bots since all they have to do is find a link.

KaotiicxDream
05-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Vallist even the Devs use (at) or [at] instead of @..

Edit: Parth u should remove the @ in the quote...

Biba
05-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Its not really racism. I wasn't insulting him or any race.

Ayrilana
05-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Its not really racism. I wasn't insulting him or any race.

You called him a name that's only ever referenced to a certain race based on him resembling that race. Sorry but that's racism. Take this as a lesson in life to be more respectful and courteous to those different than you.

Zeus
05-01-2011, 02:27 PM
You called him a name that's only ever referenced to a certain race based on him resembling that race. Sorry but that's racism.

I nominate Chris to be a judge. Now :). Not to mention. Definitely an awesome candidate for the Guardians of Alterra.

noobmigo
05-01-2011, 02:29 PM
You called him a name that's only ever referenced to a certain race based on him resembling that race. Sorry but that's racism. Take this as a lesson in life to be more respectful and courteous to those different than you.

Actually, nowadays, the N word is usually a compliment for being BAMF at B-Ball, Trash Talking, or something. So it could be a compliment.

ProAvian
05-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Actually, nowadays, the N word is usually a compliment for being BAMF at B-Ball, Trash Talking, or something. So it could be a compliment.

Um lol try saying that to a crowd in the ghetto... ask there fists if its a compliment

Ayrilana
05-01-2011, 02:33 PM

Maybe among close friends (OUTSIDE the game) but not in a game that strictly prohibits racist names from being used. Even then, you really shouldn't use those words.

KaotiicxDream
05-01-2011, 02:36 PM
The N word = Racism = BAM THE BANHAMMER!

As Ayrilana said: Learn that lesson.

That's true the N word is insulting another race than urself even if the guy were ur best friend. Even if it all only were joking.

All races should be just as must respected as all other!

Biba
05-01-2011, 02:39 PM
The definition of racism is having hatred for or being prejudice against another race... I called him that because his character resembled a race... its not racism

Biba
05-01-2011, 02:41 PM
So if I say the n word im automatically racist?

Ayrilana
05-01-2011, 02:44 PM
This is the last time I'm going to clarify it for you since you're obviously not getting it. That word is a HATE word. It's normally used to offend and/or demoralize an entire race.

EDIT: If you STILL don't understand then google the definition for racial slur or ethnic slur.

KaotiicxDream
05-01-2011, 02:44 PM
The N word is a racism word.. Not saying u r a racist but the word u said is a racism word...

And he had just been laying a little too long in the sun..

EDIT: Totally agreeing with Ayrilana.. The N word is a Hate word!!

Deadsoldiers
05-01-2011, 02:54 PM
But it's still not ok! Call someone n***a is no joke! Look : for example u said it in forest haven and there were !!coloured!! People they wouldnt be happy ! N***a is a word used to tell coloured people that they arent worth as much as the "white" people ! And thats racism! I am really happy to hear that t get a permanent ban for saying it because there were so much people saying it just for fun and thought it was funny ! But racism is no joke and its not acceptable !

Biba
05-01-2011, 02:54 PM
So is cracker or beaner & rasist word too? & if so can u get permanent bans for using them? & the n word is another word for African American well at least that's how I used it & I admit its a quite vulgar word but I didn't use it in a racist way

Ayrilana
05-01-2011, 02:55 PM
O.... M.... G....

Zeus
05-01-2011, 02:59 PM
So is cracker or beaner & rasist word too? & if so can u get permanent bans for using them? & the n word is another word for African American well at least that's how I used it & I admit its a quite vulgar word but I didn't use it in a racist way

No. Cracker or beaner isn't racist at all, I mean. That's how news reporters call them, right? (sarcasm, if it wasn't obvious) Honestly, it's common sense. You know if it's a degrading word or not. STS isn't going to make a list of racist words for you. That would defeat the purpose. In short, anything that refers to a race in a degrading way, even if the word in context is meant in a different way. It is still considered racism, got it? Your not helping the perm ban very much. Just comply with the TOS and you should have a good relationship between the developers :).

noobmigo
05-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Um lol try saying that to a crowd in the ghetto... ask there fists if its a compliment

Been there. It works as long as it's not said in a mad voice. You can go, wow (Word) you got skill. They aren't gonna beat you up.

KaotiicxDream
05-01-2011, 03:03 PM
N word another word for African American? Just no that's just wrong OMG.. LOL..

Biba u don't get it do u ? Seriously... It's again TOS using the N word..

Biba
05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Earlier y'all where saying saying saying the n word in front of a bunch of "colored people" then they wouldn't like it very much... now I get this because I for one am "colored" & I know if u say beaner in front of a bunch of Hispanic Americans they wont like it either nor will Americans if u call them crackers... so it's the same thing except "colored people tend to take it more offensively then other races

jaminn
05-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Guys its not how you say it its the fact that years of hardship are connected to that term no matter how you use it it is still offensive and not a term that should be used lightly

Biba
05-01-2011, 03:11 PM
N word another word for African American? Just no that's just wrong OMG.. LOL....

The way I used it yes it is

Deadsoldiers
05-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Dont u understand it? The n word is a word that is used to tell coloured people off , cause off their colour! And thats racism , its not good to say it to others either not to your friends imagine : there is someone goin on da street together with his friend and call him n***a , and you are standing on the other side of the street and hear it. You are a coloured guy , how would u feel if you know that others are using this bad word for ur nation to tell someone off? This is racism and theres NO place for racism in this game!

Biba
05-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Ok I admit I had a bad choice in words... if I would have just changed my choice of words & called him African American would I still be banned? :)

jaminn
05-01-2011, 03:20 PM
This is racism and theres NO place for racism in this game!

Agree this game is ment to be fun not to isolate other individuals and poke racist slang at the people. Like I said earlier that word is linked and created from years of hardship that we have abolished form today's society

jaminn
05-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Ok I admit I had a bad choice in words... if I would have just changed my choice of words & called him African American would I still be banned? :)

Well that is the accepted term nowadays but it would be up to the devs from my point of view.

KaotiicxDream
05-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Biba u should just:
1. Thinking inside urself what he was. 2. Say: keep away from the sun for a while u r very dark brown o.O

Deadsoldiers
05-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Lol, nice choice off words kaotiicxdream , much better than the n word

Faryia
05-01-2011, 03:47 PM
racism prick

KaotiicxDream
05-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Lol, nice choice off words kaotiicxdream , much better than the n word

hehe that's cuz I'm not a racist and I respect all types of races .. ^^

Deadsoldiers
05-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Biba from my point off view u should think about the things u say before u speak them out! Try it you wont get problems with anyone :-).

Jjesus86
05-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Just my 2 cents. That word is not always a racist word. Where I grew up in north baton rouge it was a word I heard constantly. And rarely used as an insult. Usually it was a term of endearment. "what up my ninja" and so on and so forth. With that being said. I'm glad sts bans ppl that use it ( although a permaban is alittle harsh considering how many ninjas I know that use the word ninja. It wouldn't really be a racist comment if two ninjas are talking right?) I'm sure 98 percent of the time you hear that word in game it is not in a friendly way. Also for the record. I'm white. And don't use that word. Mainly because it sounds offensive to me personally. But the word is not always racist. Neither are the ppl that use it. The opposite is also true. Oandbtw we are talking about the word ninja right? :)

jaminn
05-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Jjesus86 well said but I still agree that it should not be used at all in today's society especially when u take a look at where and when that term origionated

Biba
05-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Just my 2 cents. That word is not always a racist word. Where I grew up in north baton rouge it was a word I heard constantly. And rarely used as an insult. Usually it was a term of endearment. "what up my ninja" and so on and so forth. With that being said. I'm glad sts bans ppl that use it ( although a permaban is alittle harsh considering how many ninjas I know that use the word ninja. It wouldn't really be a racist comment if two ninjas are talking right?) I'm sure 98 percent of the time you hear that word in game it is not in a friendly way. Also for the record. I'm white. And don't use that word. Mainly because it sounds offensive to me personally. But the word is not always racist. Neither are the ppl that use it. The opposite is also true. Oandbtw we are talking about the word ninja right? :)

THANK U! :) when I pm'd him I said "word :)" & then I was gonna say something like welcome to the group or something because to me he looked African American but I was banned right when I said it.. & to those who say I might have offended him we where laughing about it just this morning lol

NeoQueen
05-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Quoting Coach Carter here. "[the N word] is a derogatory term used to insult our ancestors. By using it you are telling others that it is okay to use it."

The point: Slaves were called this name by whites to denigrate them and to, in a way, make fun of their skin color. In no way, shape, or form should it be an acceptable 'term of endearment.' I am not an N word. I am an African American and I don't allow anyone, of any color to call me such. To do so would be to spit on everything my ancestors tried to and did achieve with the Civil Rights movement.

So next time you think about calling your friend the N word to 'bond' with them think about what it means to everyone who lived in a different, more hostile era and what they would say about you using that term.

That also goes for any other derogatory name for each race.

boywonder
05-01-2011, 04:09 PM
is this a wind-up? can you really not differentiate between what is clearly a racist slur and a legitimate mark of identification? the OP has said that he refers to blacks as a whole with that word, thinking it perfectly acceptable and then, desperately tries to justify his behaviour, saying he hears it so often. you clearly know that the word you used and the its variant bear entirely different emotional weights. the word you used has a history that began with the enslavement of tribes of people from Africa and has been historically used to denigrate and marginalise for centuries. it is a bad word.

in recent years, that word has been redefined as a tool of empowerment that i don't necessarily agree with, but for some, has been removed of the negative connotation that history has shown.

the fact remains that you would not say that word to a black person because you would be met with violence. to think, only 50 years ago, that word was ubiquitous in American discourse and to this day, still inspires fury. that alone should be enough to explain why one should never--jokingly or no--say that word to anyone. you're ignorant and i hope have imparted to you some information that you were obviously so woefully deprived of.

Biba
05-01-2011, 04:19 PM
the fact remains that you would not say that word to a black person because you would be met with violence. that alone should be enough to explain why one should never--jokingly or no--say that word to anyone. you're ignorant and i hope have imparted to you some information that you were obviously so woefully deprived of.
I've said it to many many black people without being met with violence "what's up my n" isn't a insult. & the English language is constantly changing so think what u want & call me ignorant if u please but that word can be used in many ways not just one.

& all u people calling me racist & whatnot I made this thread for info on what to do so please keep comments like that to yourselfs :)

boywonder
05-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I've said it to many many black people without being met with violence "what's up my n" isn't a insult. & the English language is constantly changing so think what u want & call me ignorant if u please but that word can be used in many ways not just one.

no. you did not say "what's up, my n*er?" you likely said "what's up, my n*a?" and as i've explained, these words carry entirely different connotations. the word you said is offensive 100% of the time. but, suffice it to say, that word whatever the context has no place being said in this game. end of story. take your racism to the next clan meeting, thanks.

Deadsoldiers
05-01-2011, 04:23 PM
And i think the devs made the coloured faces to show that the game doesnt support racism! I dont really care what u say when ur at home with ur family or friends but in the game or on the street u mustnt say this word because you can hurt others by saying it!

NeoQueen
05-01-2011, 04:25 PM

Ur still not getting it! I'll try to break this down.

It doesn't MATTER how many connotations a word has. What MATTERS is it's correct DENOTATION. That means YOU might think of it as a regular, joking term like homeboy or homies, but it's NOT! It is a DEROGATORY insult to people of AFRICAN heritage.

jaminn
05-01-2011, 04:25 PM

But that isn't ok either all you are doing by saying that is keeping racism alive. That term was derived by the slave owners that used it to show they were lower than them. It should not be said by anyone, not even african americans today or in that context.

Biba
05-01-2011, 04:26 PM
no. you did not say "what's up, my n*er?" you likely said "what's up, my n*a?" and as i've explained, these words carry entirely different connotations. the word you said is offensive 100% of the time. but, suffice it to say, that word whatever the context has no place being said in this game. end of story. take your racism to the next clan meeting, thanks.
Its called Auto correct... so please take your flames somewhere else please :)

NeoQueen
05-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Its called Auto correct... so please take your flames somewhere else please :)

I love it when people miss the whole point of what is being said and instead focus on something so insignificant.

jaminn
05-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Ur still not getting it! I'll try to break this down.

It doesn't MATTER how many connotations a word has. What MATTERS is it's correct DENOTATION. That means YOU might think of it as a regular, joking term like homeboy or homies, but it's NOT! It is a DEROGATORY insult to people of AFRICAN heritage.

Wow...right on the money. This is what I have been trying to say you cannot just throw that word around.

Justg
05-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Zero tolerance, never use this word in our games.

*click*