PDA

View Full Version : About new gears' attribute distribution

extrapayah
08-03-2015, 01:34 AM
as you all might already know the recent gears give different amount of attribute as their secondary one,

dex/int, str/int, and int/str [primary/secondary] has an attribute ratio about 5:2

and dex/str, str/dex, and int/dex gear has an attribute ratio about 5:3

the problem here is the trinity/triangle distribution is missing here, there aren't any str/int combination gear that has a ratio of 5:3 which means with whatever gear mix and match, warriors will have difficulties increasing their int with just gears, and mages for str...

in example, a rogue might have an option of getting a brutality sets for their weapon, helm, and armor and mage's assault type for the ring/amulet to compensate missing int, which will give rogue a superb total of raw attribute, which i think is not fair to other classes

please reconsider this new gears' attribute distribution before releasing any new ones, thank you

as per my suggestion, i think you should release str/int gears with 5:3 ratio, and change the str/dex gears to 5:2 ratio, AND increase the effectiveness of dex attribute for warrior, and also you might want to also increase the effectiveness of str attribute for mage

thank you

Lastmind
08-03-2015, 02:26 AM
Str for mage is very effective already.
I think the goal was to balance the classes with these changes. Rogue's damage and crit does not increase as much while Mage's health does not either. It gives mages more damage and Rogues more health if u change from potency to brutality and from brutality to assault.

Str is still so effective, I use brutality instead of Dex, because it affects Arcane Shield so much and the health just synergizes so well with Nekro.

acewasabi
08-04-2015, 01:30 AM
I do think the secondary stat distribution favors rogue in this case (and I am one). Dex is useless for my warrior, although admittedly it's not my main.

Ravager
08-04-2015, 01:37 AM
It's most likely part of their itemization plan. Gear will probably slowly approach the ratios we are used to seeing. Each level cap is taking longer and longer to come by. Expect this one to be very long. Longer than the few seasons to get from 41->46.

Energizeric
08-04-2015, 05:42 AM
They are doing what they did with Imbued, which IMO is excellent. There should be no "best" version of the gear. Every version excels in certain areas, while having weaknesses in other areas. What the OP is suggesting is that the "Brutality" version for sorcerer be the clear best. Yes, STR is more useful for sorcerers than DEX, which is why the Assault version has 50% more DEX than the Brutality version has STR. That is by design to even out their effectiveness.

Sorry that you have trouble making a decision. But there is no best version, there are just different versions. Decide what areas you want to focus on and that will determine which version of the gear you should use. If you are looking for some best all around version, none will exist.

I like that this requires some creativeness on the part of each player, instead of the player with the most gold automatically having the clear "best" gear. Have some guts and make the hard decisions!

Haligali
08-04-2015, 06:50 AM
Int gives the most hp for a rogue 1int=5hp +a bit crit,while 1 int gives 3 hp for warrior and mage. This stat is much more important for a rogue than str, brutality types are less used, max 1 bruty type helm or armor, but as a set is a big disadvantage.

Ebezaanec
08-04-2015, 10:26 AM
They are doing what they did with Imbued, which IMO is excellent. There should be no "best" version of the gear. Every version excels in certain areas, while having weaknesses in other areas. What the OP is suggesting is that the "Brutality" version for sorcerer be the clear best. Yes, STR is more useful for sorcerers than DEX, which is why the Assault version has 50% more DEX than the Brutality version has STR. That is by design to even out their effectiveness.

Sorry that you have trouble making a decision. But there is no best version, there are just different versions. Decide what areas you want to focus on and that will determine which version of the gear you should use. If you are looking for some best all around version, none will exist.

I like that this requires some creativeness on the part of each player, instead of the player with the most gold automatically having the clear "best" gear. Have some guts and make the hard decisions!

I wish some pieces of gear had unique status effects (not procs). I mean, everyone adores the concept of a 'set,' but I would rather frankenstein my character with an assortment of unique equipment.

-Increases burn chance of Fireball by 2s
-An aura of frost will surround your character, slowing enemies down
-Pet cooldowns reduced by X amount of time
-Increase the duration of healing effects

Some ideas I had. Not looking to imbalance the game or anything. Just trying to diversify it so gear selection becomes more than just looking for green stats.

extrapayah
08-04-2015, 02:59 PM
i am sorry, but i think most of you were off the topic a little bit...

the problem that i would like emphasize is:
there aren't any str/int or int/str gear that has an attribute ratio of 5:3

which can make (only) rogue to mix and match their dex/str gear and mage's int/dex to get superb total attribute, (please exclude omnipotent rings/amulet in the calculation)

except if you think it is not a problem, then you can ignore it...

i did not say str is useless for mage, right? i also did not anything about staggering gears releases...

thank you