PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Windows 10

Farminer's
08-03-2015, 07:27 PM
As I have recently installed windows 10 on my computer I noticed that it has removed Chrome and added a new browser and now Chrome will not run on my computer with windows 10 is there a chance that StS will have this new browser support its games or a new way to access through an app in windows? As I know this is my computer and it isn't everyone's else's anyone else running into problems? As I had Chrome and other outdated programs and drivers crash my computer with the update.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
08-03-2015, 07:54 PM
by new Browser, do you mean "Microsoft Edge"?

Have you tried running Bluestacks and playing the Android version of AL on your PC?
(or this option if you want to play via chrome on computer) --> Make a live-USB that runs Win7 (or Win8), or Linux; to run GoogleChrome to play?

Farminer's
08-03-2015, 08:00 PM
by new Browser, do you mean "Microsoft Edge"?

Have you tried running Bluestacks and playing the Android version of AL on your PC?
(or this option if you want to play via chrome on computer) --> Make a live-USB that runs Win7 (or Win8), or Linux; to run GoogleChrome to play?
Microsoft edge yea that's it no I havnt tried no other way it was a win7 tell updated yesterday. Took all day repairing it from multiple crashes due to outdated software and such. I usually use my Android device to play Arcane Legends but I can look into Bluestacks

Kingofninjas
08-03-2015, 08:40 PM
A question. Why in the world would you install Windows 10. That little icon on the bottom right of the screen is just screaming "Its a trap, don't do it".

Schnitzel
08-03-2015, 08:51 PM
A question. Why in the world would you install Windows 10. That little icon on the bottom right of the screen is just screaming "Its a trap, don't do it".

I think there was one online news article saying that Win10 secretly downloads itself on people's computers (its in a file called $windows)

Ebezaanec
08-03-2015, 08:51 PM

Ikr. And Microsoft was rolling out commercials describing the amazing world kids would live in because they "grew up with Windows 10."

Makes me die a little inside lol.

Farminer's
08-04-2015, 09:00 AM
I have never done a windows update on my computer I bought it with win7 kept it there tell now. Win7 is getting outdated and needed to upgrade. I have done many other different types of upgrades such as install a new graphics card into my computer (old 1 got fried had to get a new 1 with cooling system) and other various stuff. Windows 10 now that I have it installed is fairly fast as it loads to desktop faster then win7 but the setup is fairly different.

eugene9707
08-04-2015, 05:21 PM
1. I think you can still install chrome on win10

2. you can still downgrade back to win 8/7 if you upgrade within the past 30 days

Kakashis
08-04-2015, 06:27 PM
this was exactly why I feared going to windows 10... I'm so not installing this OS onto my comp! Took me almost half a year to make it run on my Lenovo Y40 on windows 8. Not messing around with it.

Thefireofic
08-04-2015, 08:01 PM
It's like windows 8.1 Rt. You can't install chrome on that i think. Not being able to use chrome stinks..

Schnitzel
08-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Y'all could just do what I sometimes do.
I created a Unbuntu LiveUSB, then used it to run on school computers because I don't like the WindowsOS they have on those computers.
Y'all could use Unbuntu to run Chrome to play AL, then when you later remove the USB, your computer boots to Windows10 (or 8, 7)