PDA

View Full Version : The Sandstone Caves - New Area for Levels 20-25 Now Live!

Samhayne
05-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Spacetime Studios is pleased to announce the next new Premium Adventure Area for Pocket Legends is now live!

The Sandstone Caves

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/samhayne/sandstone/Map.jpg

Once a haven to miners and prospectors, the Sandstone Caves are littered with precious stones – and the broken bones of the foolish who have tried to take them!

The Sandstone Caves are designed for characters level 20 to 25. It fills in content for this level range, providing more unique fun and adventure for those brave enough to battle the dangers the sandy rocks provide.

Delve into the new Towne and numerous adventure areas.
Complete a series of quests as you explore.
Face new and unique monsters and Bosses.
Outfit your would-be miner with all new weapons, armor and items.

If you have feedback regarding The Sandstone Caves, please join us on the Official Feedback Thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?25557-Official-Feedback-Thread-The-Sandstone-Caves).

View
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Great job guys, I like the tornado monsters lol.

Major
05-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Good job STS, as usual you guys rule!!

superglut2
05-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Great cant wait

Coltona
05-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Awesome...but why is it always on a monday a new are opens?? I have to study/work on days of the week and won't have time for it, but by the weekend when I can get on bosses no longer drop pinks like crazy. I say all future areas should start on friday or saturday for those of us who don't have all the time in the world, but love to play. Same thing happened with shadow caves...:(

CowboyJim
05-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Great Job Devs.......no complaints so far.....lol.

csb
05-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I tried the first level with my 23 bird in a level appropriate group, but couldn't get past the last mob on the first level. Came back with my 51 mage and some 55's, and still couldn't get past the last mob. Couldn't figure out the trick, so we all quit trying.

Coltona
05-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Lol just ran first two levels and got only pink drop each level:
Level 25 Dreamers Crystalline Staff
Level 25 Dreamers Earthquake Wand

Samhayne
05-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Awesome...but why is it always on a monday a new are opens?? I have to study/work on days of the week and won't have time for it, but by the weekend when I can get on bosses no longer drop pinks like crazy. I say all future areas should start on friday or saturday for those of us who don't have all the time in the world, but love to play. Same thing happened with shadow caves...:(

We release stuff on Monday's because we're around to fix anything that might go wrong with the update. Our staff are humans too and like to have the weekends off :)

noneo
05-02-2011, 01:22 PM
I tried the first level with my 23 bird in a level appropriate group, but couldn't get past the last mob on the first level. Came back with my 51 mage and some 55's, and still couldn't get past the last mob. Couldn't figure out the trick, so we all quit trying.

When the orbs spawn in the boss room. you have to move to the blue orb. The red orbs detonate and explode the pillars, while the blue orb is a dud explosive. So right after the boss aggros and pulls you, just walk to the blue orb and stand under it. You will live. (Beat it with only 3 lvl 20's on my team.)

StompArtist
05-02-2011, 01:22 PM
We release stuff on Monday's because we're around to fix anything that might go wrong with the update. Our staff are humans too and like to have the weekends off :)

Cinco is human?

Dark Avenger
05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
only complaint i got is i gotta pay for it...havent gotten it cuz i dont want to spend more money for you guys to make it free and then give us another worthless vanity shield...still think that one is bull, paying 10 bucks to unlock all maps and now its free and we got a sheild that does nothing...yay...

Snakespeare
05-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Is it supposed to require each toon to unlock each level? I've got 2 level 25 characters and so far it seems they each have to unlock the higher levels.

Samhayne
05-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Is it supposed to require each toon to unlock each level? I've got 2 level 25 characters and so far it seems they each have to unlock the higher levels.

All of those unlocks are character based not account based.

wolfrane
05-02-2011, 02:06 PM
lol i guess some people think pl is ran by all comps

Snakespeare
05-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I did not have an enjoyable experience. I tried to solo the lowest level boss with a low enough character to get the lowest drop. I did not even make a dent in his armor. I used the blue orbs to stay alive, but there was not chance to damage it. Then I joined two others who were low enough to get the lowest drop. When we got a drop (highest level player was 20) off the golem, it was level 25. Still in the first map, mind you. Then we went after the boss, got him halfway down by using blue orbs and PLAT RESPAWNS. After spending 5 plat this way (I had the only mage), there was a party wipe. Then someone came in and said the lowest level pink is level 21, so theoretically we could all go up a level before farming. And even so, it would probably take a full party.

The upshot is, I spent 5 plat doing self-rezzes, got nothing to show for it, and even if there had been a drop it would have been Ezeria's green something or other, which is never worth plat. So, it wasn't fun. That's my feedback. It was easy to do on a level 55, but a level 20 will die almost every time.

I freeze characters at certain levels to enjoy the story at that level. So far, I'm not getting out of these maps the experience I am seeking in PL. The one thing I am not seeking in PL is massively dying while trying to do the impossible. So far, I am finding level 20 to be impossible. I doubt level 21 will be any more possible. And I don't see the point. It's just another place for high levels to get level 25 twink items to use in PvP. I guess that's what I will do, too.

FluffNStuff
05-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I did not have an enjoyable experience. I tried to solo the lowest level boss with a low enough character to get the lowest drop. I did not even make a dent in his armor. I used the blue orbs to stay alive, but there was not chance to damage it. Then I joined two others who were low enough to get the lowest drop. When we got a drop (highest level player was 20) off the golem, it was level 25. Still in the first map, mind you. Then we went after the boss, got him halfway down by using blue orbs and PLAT RESPAWNS. After spending 5 plat this way (I had the only mage), there was a party wipe. Then someone came in and said the lowest level pink is level 21, so theoretically we could all go up a level before farming. And even so, it would probably take a full party.

The upshot is, I spent 5 plat doing self-rezzes, got nothing to show for it, and even if there had been a drop it would have been Ezeria's green something or other, which is never worth plat. So, it wasn't fun. That's my feedback. It was easy to do on a level 55, but a level 20 will die almost every time.

I freeze characters at certain levels to enjoy the story at that level. So far, I'm not getting out of these maps the experience I am seeking in PL. The one thing I am not seeking in PL is massively dying while trying to do the impossible. So far, I am finding level 20 to be impossible. I doubt level 21 will be any more possible. And I don't see the point. It's just another place for high levels to get level 25 twink items to use in PvP. I guess that's what I will do, too.

My level 55 bird tore through everything like butter so the armor / health is not too high (two shots max per mob). Combining that with what you are saying, I would say the issue is the dodge on the mobs / bosses are too high for level 20 hit percentage.

csb
05-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I tried to solo the lowest level boss with a low enough character to get the lowest drop. I did not even make a dent in his armor. I used the blue orbs to stay alive, but there was not chance to damage it. Then I joined two others who were low enough to get the lowest drop...

Some bosses have a lot of regen. I tried the sewer king/queen with two other level 52's (to get 51 drops) last sunday. King was easy, but the queen's regen was too fast. We got a full group of 52's and still could barely make a dent, so everyone gave up. (is this new? the queen used to be killable by 52's). We did the trash heap with 3 52's, and it was easy.

I freeze characters at certain levels to enjoy the story at that level... It's just another place for high levels to get level 25 twink items to use in PvP. I guess that's what I will do, too.

I freeze characters at levels for farming, selling, and getting gold. Also, I like to twink my little characters. I guess it's a greed thing. When i do that, i don't notice if there is a story. :-)

So far, I am finding level 20 to be impossible. I doubt level 21 will be any more possible. And I don't see the point.

I finished all the levels just once with level a low 20's group plus 55 mage just to get all the maps. I want to try it again without the extra help. It's actually more fun to do without the high level help, and the success would be without an asterisk. Also, my bird is dual str/dex, i had to put away the bow and put on AC (with board and nail club) to survive and be effective before the mage showed up. (also, my bird has the 8ac "Fine Golden Band of Life" ring)

csb
05-02-2011, 05:15 PM
only complaint i got is i gotta pay for it...havent gotten it cuz i dont want to spend more money for you guys to make it free and then give us another worthless vanity shield...still think that one is bull, paying 10 bucks to unlock all maps and now its free and we got a sheild that does nothing...yay...

I got the 800 plat deal off the internet. So, this new zone cost me 63 cents. There isn't much in life i can buy for 63 cents. Even with the lesser 165 plat deal, its only $1.21.

Riccits
05-04-2011, 03:37 AM
the traps can almost wipe a lvl 55... the bosses are harder than AO1 bosses thought... i c no lvl 20-25 group playing that map, would prolly be massive pain..
IMO the map is like a elite map for lvl 20.

any feedback from lvl 20 farming groups?

romgar1
05-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Me and range tried to farm first boss with Dex bears premium plat and high price pinks on both of us. The boss pulls us in and makes it impossible to reach blue orb in time. We also noticed a couple times we reached the orb and still died. Maybe 5 lvl 20 mages could beat it if they all stood on an orb.

BeardedBear
05-04-2011, 10:18 AM
You would need a stacked team of lvl 20s to beat any of the bosses. I had no luck with my 20 or 25 with people in my lvl range, granted it was a PUG. I couldn't even solo a boss with my 51 bear. Not a huge fan of this campaign. The gear looks nice, but doesn't make up for everything.

I REPEAT, WHY DOES DEX GEAR HAVE THE MOST ARMOR?!

romgar1
05-04-2011, 12:24 PM
The 4 piece sets have 6 more armor than bears. It is odd. But then bears get dodge and have more health. Maybe its to balance things. Or make Dex bears own even more in pvp. That being said, hey cinco, what's your Dex bear thinks ign? Lol

BeardedBear
05-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Armor shouldn't be determined on what possible class will use it and take advantage, which isn't even the case here. Never should Dex items have more armor than Str items, never mind the dodge. Dex already has it the best with being the "god" stat.

Maynard
05-16-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm liking the new mage sets