PDA

View Full Version : Secure trade abuse

asommers
05-27-2010, 04:28 PM
A secure trade exploit has been brought to our attention. We are going through the logs right now to see who has abused the exploit. ANYONE caught using this exploit for the purpose of griefing other players will be banned permanently, no exceptions.

-ALS

Distinct
05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
PLEASE DON'T BAN ME!

Just kidding.. ;)

I like your strict policies, doing something for the soul purpose of griefing other players should have a zero tolerance policy.

Keep it up Spacetime! :cool:

Azrael
05-27-2010, 04:35 PM
A secure trade exploit has been brought to our attention. We are going through the logs right now to see who has abused the exploit. ANYONE caught using this exploit for the purpose of griefing other players will be banned permanently, no exceptions.

-ALS

Tell us what it was once you have fixed it.

King Richie
05-27-2010, 04:47 PM
ooooooo... the tension grows

Rebel
05-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Haha, I wonder how you can grief others with secure trade. Guess we will have to wait and see :p

Ta11on
05-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Hahaha... wait, what's griefing?

Royce
05-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Lol. I was also not aware that word could be a verb :) Anyway, easy enough to infer the meaning.

RedRyder
05-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Yea someone please explain
But I think people selling plat bought items.
I got tricked into buying it thinking it was a mob drop

HectorCruz
05-27-2010, 05:27 PM
I hate griefers.

Sayishere
05-27-2010, 05:32 PM
perm ban, i like your thinking, they deserve it

i want to know how they did it though, not because i want to try it -.-

RedRyder
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
perm ban, i like your thinking, they deserve it

i want to know how they did it though, not because i want to try it -.-

Same here, just out of curiosity.

KingFu
05-27-2010, 05:34 PM
So basically, Andykills will be banned. He scammed my friend some how, also once the problem is fix can you tell us how they did it I am dying to know if they hacked it or what, of course once it's fix. Although IDK who would do it at risk of there account being banned... :)

HectorCruz
05-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Okay, it looks like it's fixed. The tension is killing me...

Sayishere
05-27-2010, 05:39 PM
i wonder if many people actually used it, i never knew there was this abuse crap, i have traded with a few people, no problems there, i assume its down to a few select people who have done it

bad bad bad

ban ban ban

ed anger
05-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Yea someone please explain
But I think people selling plat bought items.
I got tricked into buying it thinking it was a mob drop

if the stats were what you wanted, what's the difference?

Gwendaline
05-27-2010, 06:20 PM
...............Ban The Scammers!

Furrawn
05-27-2010, 07:03 PM
What's griefing? A secure trade exploit?
Can you explain so I can keep it from happening to me?

SlipperyJim
05-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Griefing is usually doing something for the sole purpose of harming another player with little (or no) profit for yourself. I don't know anything about this specific case, but that's the general definition of griefing....

I now return you to your wild speculation and guesswork. ;)

Furrawn
05-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Griefing is usually doing something for the sole purpose of harming another player with little (or no) profit for yourself. I don't know anything about this specific case, but that's the general definition of griefing....

I now return you to your wild speculation and guesswork. ;)

Thanks for explaining griefing...
Sounds mean:(

RedRyder
05-28-2010, 10:08 AM
if the stats were what you wanted, what's the difference?

I wanted it for the assumed rarity not stats. really nothing I can do with a lv 50 bow dontcha think? Lol

WarMage
05-28-2010, 10:59 AM
A good example of griefing is spawn point killing. In games like EQ when you died you returned to a specific spawn point you had selected. If someone found it or saw you gate to it they could kill your avatar before your game loaded (zone loading was very intense then). Then when you loaded to zone again after dying you would be dead before you gained control of your character. This happened over and over to a player causes a great deal of grief do to helplessness.

The griefer derives juvenile joy from creating a feeling of frustration through helplessness. Another example would be a high lvl hunting and killing a noob over and over with no chance of the noob escaping/defeating the higher lvl.

Or mob training, when that was possible. Most games now create leashes on monsters to prevent that now.

flaimdude
05-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Griefers are kinda like trolls, except more intentional. :)

PvP
05-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Well lets not be griefed any longer :p! I'm curious as well. Although if they don't tell us (which they haven't in the past 3 pages) its obviously for a good reason, and not something to be encouraged. I'll support that.

Thelonearcher
05-29-2010, 03:50 PM
What's this about abuse secure trade ? How is tha possable

Gwendaline
05-29-2010, 04:06 PM

Obliteration
05-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Yay! Minge finding time.

Zallian
05-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Maybe people was dupn plat throu trade somehow?

Furrawn
05-29-2010, 04:58 PM
WarMage
Thanks.... I understand much better...
So basically griefing is a jerk torturing or killing some lower level person who can't defend themselves...
A sadist.

I hope I don't come across anyone like that....

Flaimdude-
You're right.... It sounds like a troll with game powers:(

Obliteration
05-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Maybe people was dupn plat throu trade somehow?

Lol not even possible. Fail.

Camraightn
05-31-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm glad i didnt. but for all of u who are curious. this is how u do it. Click on an item than can be traded, then quickly(lightning fast) click on the un-tradable, and it goes up for trade. I was very close to doing that to someody, then my game shut off, and my phone died lol. Lucky me! My friend who taught me that got banned for life. ='( lol serves him right! Luckily they fixed it now!!! Plz don;t ban me.......

Ogediah
05-31-2010, 07:08 PM
then my game shut off, and my phone died
This sounds completely believable....... NOT.

FriedSushi
05-31-2010, 07:14 PM
how is that griefing? if they wanted to pay for the item, isnt that fine?
i dont understand

Camraightn
05-31-2010, 07:24 PM
I'M not even lying... you can ask the character in game named sixtoxortega I think that was his name. we were trading, and then i just left, and he laughed about it later when i told him what I was doing. lol.
This sounds completely believable....... NOT.

Camraightn
05-31-2010, 07:25 PM
i dont understand

They don't know that they can't trade it to other people without knowing the secret... which i just belted out to the world, and i'm still hoping that they don't ban me for it.

Tatanka
05-31-2010, 07:27 PM
.....Plz don;t ban me.......
What the hell is wrong with people???
You should be banned just for posting this!!!

Camraightn
05-31-2010, 07:34 PM
What the hell is wrong with people???
You should be banned just for posting this!!!

You never know with the rules now-a-days. Just being careful lol. This is a article about banning people...

Tatanka
05-31-2010, 07:50 PM
¿Por qué no te callas?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/¿Por_qué_no_te_callas

Camraightn
05-31-2010, 07:59 PM
¿Por qué no te callas?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/¿Por_qué_no_te_callas

I almost have my spanish good enough to decipher that! lol...

Ogediah
05-31-2010, 08:11 PM
i dont understand

Platinum bought items are not supposed to be traded.

I dont think this is the exploit they are talking about though

Camraightn
05-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Platinum bought items are not supposed to be traded.

I dont think this is the exploit they are talking about though

I know for a fact that this is what they are talking about, because my friend makatack was banned because of it

nerdherd
05-31-2010, 08:39 PM
That hardly sounds like griefing other players though. How could you abuse this to hurt someone else?

Ogediah
05-31-2010, 09:15 PM
I know for a fact that this is what they are talking about, because my friend makatack was banned because of it

This is not a secure trade bug. this is a bug with being able to transfer items between players that should not be trade-able.

The exploit that is being talked about here is one that allows a player to basically "steal" items.

Example: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2547-Don-t-trust-this-guy...........