PDA

View Full Version : "Can STS get anything right?"

Squeezable
08-09-2015, 07:07 AM
All I see on the forums is players CONSTANTLY going out of their way to moan. So... Hypocritically, I'm going to moan about the moaners.

Could you imagine being a developer for AL, a full time job working on this massive game. Looking on the forums and seeing all these posts "crap event" and frankly, extremely rude comments.

Constantly getting accused of 'secret' nerfs, drop rates and being told all the bad they've done. While constructive criticism has been put out there, appropiately, players are still jumping on the band wagon. Guys - we've all seen the route of PL, DL & SL... Carry on all this moaning and AL will go straight down their Road. What's motivating about making events for players to just slag off?

While going through the forums, it's actually hard to find someone who is actually appreciating the event and for one, i certainly am. The new vanities are the next best thing to ice spirit - except the Sorcerers.

Let's just take a second to actually THANK STS for their hard work. I'd like to thank for the 40% plat sale which users have been begging for for months, yet still lucky if I see a thanks about that. The energy essence drop rate is beyond expectations, thank you! Didn't expect it to be so high, and to actually let us farm locks, energy and essences all in the same place (KM3). The warrior vanities look insane, good job! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date with everything you're doing behind the scenes and keeping nothing from us. And most of all, thanks for acting upon a lot of recommendations as quickly as you did for the event.

Yeah there's a few parts of the event that you may not like, like the unicorn food not being reusable, but I'm afraid to say - get over it!

Just think this needed to be brought up. Keep farming and GL guys! :)

Wutzgood
08-09-2015, 07:58 AM
I agree with this topic. This event actually has me running more characters than I've ever ran an event with. The gold tier egg being tradeable made me pull all the twinks out of storage to do portals. It may not have started off perfect but sts has fixed most of the issues players had. Most companies would have said take the event and like it or don't run it. Sts has earned even more respect than I had for them already by doing this.

Tootex
08-09-2015, 08:54 AM
Well said bro

Ebezaanec
08-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Events used to be my go-to way of making a bunch of cash.

As of now, the rewards for running the event are mediocre. Running for plat-tier grants me a title I'll never wear (or want to) and a set of wings. Well worth the investment. Gold tier's rewards offers no solace either. Remember what prices Dovabear, Yowie, and Blinky commanded? What is the price of Fantasma right now? The Elondrian vanities weren't well recolored at all.

The CoC vanities may be nice, but why would I run the event for them? I would save both time and gold just to buy them from auction. Much cheaper anyways. What exactly does Bloodgrub drop that's useful? Syrillax dropped his valuable eye. Bloodgrub requires more effort and what? Bonus tokens? Thanks.

Players are upset for good reason. STG has hyped up this event for well over a month and they underperformed. Maybe they had too much on their plate with CoC. STG knows the limits of their operation and what the players want. They control their resources and they are fully aware that the Helloween and Winter events are expected to come. It's up to them to decide what is more important.

And thanks for the event.

Dimitrian
08-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Ya,i like this event,now that they are adding a nice plat tier reward.
I also like the new vanities.
And i don't understand why people don't like the mage one,it looks cool IMO.But not as cool as the warrior one.

But i have a question in my mind:
If the Goblin Event and Ursoth had the same bosses,the same town and NPCs,and recoloured vanities,will Halloween and Winter have the same things,but only new rewards and free portals?

And plz make more vanities based on Coc,and add Cobalt vanity :>(i'm sorry if i mispronounce his name)

Farminer's
08-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Alright I'm going to say something right now. I love the new vanity with the new banner that was enough for me. The crimson vanity goes wonderfully with that crimson banner. Now I absolutely hate the people that complain about stuff cause it is not "ideal or " good" enough for them. It really pisses me off. Just shut up and you get what you get and don't throw a fit.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Bona Eve
08-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Jord's robe is the most decent vanity this time (my main toon is rogue though).
And so far, most ppl in my guild and friend list are fully participating in this event. They want to get their very own vanities from tokens even though they can buy from CS and price seems to be affordable. I think what disappointed is spending is more than gaining in term of gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyWow
08-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Now I absolutely hate the people that complanin about stuff cause it is not "ideal or " good" enough for them. It really pisses me off. Just shut up and you get what you get and don't throw a fit.

You sir are a season 7 player... This event sucks and it's true. We need players like you to stop and need older players to come in and speak up. Why run to plat tier for a title?

Wutzgood
08-09-2015, 12:42 PM
You sir are a season 7 player... This event sucks and it's true. We need players like you to stop and need older players to come in and speak up. Why run to plat tier for a title?

This event is actually one of the better ones. I'm liking it much better than last years. Helena took 5x as long and an op pet was given to the lb that is still causing rants. You can get everything from farming yourself and no worrying about the lb.

I actually like the way the events are progressing. Last years made the game p2w while this years balanced it for both paying and free players.

Sts has actually made it playable to the masses instead of just the plat whales like it's been since season 4. Now anyone can get fully geared with hard work or some money.

Titanium
08-09-2015, 12:57 PM
I'd like to thank for the 40% plat sale which users have been begging for for months, yet still lucky if I see a thanks about that. )

One minute of silence for everyone who paid 10m-80m for an arcane item including myself.

Caabatric
08-09-2015, 01:02 PM
This event is actually one of the better ones. I'm liking it much better than last years. Helena took 5x as long and an op pet was given to the lb that is still causing rants. You can get everything from farming yourself and no worrying about the lb.

I actually like the way the events are progressing. Last years made the game p2w while this years balanced it for both paying and free players.

Sts has actually made it playable to the masses instead of just the plat whales like it's been since season 4. Now anyone can get fully geared with hard work or some money.

I believe we are talking about the event...........

Anyways the event is very bad in comparison to all other events....

Reason 1. Nothing worth running for..... In the time it takes to earn the 2500 token vanity you could have easily earned 1m+.... that is enough to buy the precious vanity :/
Reason 2. The bosses are toooo easy. I am considered undergeared during this expansion but I dont have to use over 20 pots on any of the bosses. (havent seen bloodgrub yet)
Reason 3. The gear is far far far worse than current gear. We will see if this is true after the buff.
Reason 4. Changes mid-event. People are so happy fanta was buffed. What happened to no buff, nerf cycles..... Many people have sold their fantas at 50k... While 50k loss isn't much, this doesn't keep me secure on buying stuff after launch :/

I agree that the lb is good with nothing too exclusive that leads f2p players in the dust. Look at all these reason and one will realize why would they bother running the event...

Farminer's
08-09-2015, 01:35 PM
I have been playing as long if not longer then visiting almost my 3rd year this Halloween. Thank you very much sir they already said they are changing the plat tier reward. I would like to see u make a game and then have people say its horrible etc and see if you wanna keep the game. Go ahead!

PhoenixPrime
08-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Actually I like the new unicorn/pegasus pets, even if just for looks.

Also trying to get the vanities. The warrior vanity matches my elon mythic perfectly, and the little squirrels running around my feet will complete the look.

But yeah, pretty much everything I'm getting is for 'looks' this time around, still a fun event so far.

Midievalmodel
08-09-2015, 02:02 PM
I have been playing as long if not longer then visiting almost my 3rd year this Halloween. Thank you very much sir they already said they are changing the plat tier reward. I would like to see u make a game and then have people say its horrible etc and see if you wanna keep the game. Go ahead!

I agree with your comment about SkyWow being rude and disrespecting new players. However, I disagree with your statement about "I'd like to see you make a game and have people say its horrible and see if you wanna keep the game." That to me is a naive statement. STG is a gaming company that makes good profit. We are customers. Just like in any business and consumer model your customers complain to keep the company honest and on their feet to deliver better product. All companies deal with this and if they want to continue to make good profit they will deliver what the customers want and satisfy them. STG is not some sensitive group of children who will quit caring about their game because we complain about their product. If they deem this game still profitable they will do whatever it takes to appease us costumers. If this game stops making them decent profit they will stop caring. Its simple as that.

Farminer's
08-09-2015, 02:04 PM
I agree with your comment about SkyWow being rude and disrespecting new players. However, I disagree with your statement about "I'd like to see you make a game and have people say its horrible and see if you wanna keep the game." That to me is a naive statement. STG is a gaming company that makes good profit. We are customers. Just like in any business and consumer model your customers complain to keep the company honest and on their feet to deliver better product. All companies deal with this and if they want to continue to make good profit they will deliver what the customers want and satisfy them. STG is not some sensitive group of children who will quit caring about their game because we complain about their product. If they deem this game still profitable they will do whatever it takes to appease us costumers. If this game stops making them decent profit they will stop caring. Its simple as that.
As that is true I still see it very rude and disrespectful to people who work hard on things to make people happy and only get negative feedback.

Seoratrek
08-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Hey everyone,

We'd appreciate if you could put your feedback into the main thread here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?255836-Ursoth-s-Assault-Event-2015-Feedback-Thread

It makes it easier for the devs since all of that information is in just one place, rather than being scattered among multiple threads in multiple sub-forums. As always, we appreciate the feedback, good and bad. Just make sure to keep it constructive. Thanks! :)