PDA

View Full Version : Arcane reaching 1mil

SkyWow
08-09-2015, 11:32 AM
This is to crazy now...

Samael - Almost 1mil
Glacian - Almost 1 (was suppose to be discontinued)
Hammerjaw - Almost 1mil (another pet that was discontinued)
Maridos - Almost 1mil

Trenton
08-09-2015, 11:34 AM
Arcane shard- 400k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Pyramuson
08-09-2015, 11:48 AM
This should be the right way a balanced economy and affordable for all players. It would definitely hurt
a lot of hard paying customers. I welcome it as it won't be too stressful to put in real money
just to buy high grade gears.

SkyWow
08-09-2015, 11:59 AM
This should be the right way a balanced economy and affordable for all players. It would definitely hurt
a lot of hard paying customers. I welcome it as it won't be too stressful to put in real money

Don't say it's right or even balanced. You maybe being a season 7 player and want everything given. What your not understanding is their is no point in this game anymore. In the future what do expect? All prices below 1m gg only the people like you will be online

Xorrior
08-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Good or bad only the future will tell. All I can say for myself is that I bought my final plat purchases abt 3k. When that whittles to zero, and my gold reserves diminish I'm tapping out! To add further it's been an adventure, looking forward to elites.

Last years Ursoth and Halloween was fun not really enjoyed the game since except Kalizzaas contest Tour of Arlor. Damn very negative post.

Caabatric
08-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Don't say it's right or even balanced. You maybe being a season 7 player and want everything given. What your not understanding is their is no point in this game anymore. In the future what do expect? All prices below 1m gg only the people like you will be online

This is the second time u undermine a season 7 players comments.... Are u saying that season 7 players have no knowledge of the game and thus cannot have an opinion....

OH and btw season 3 players before constantly talked about how mali the best pet back them was 1m and how it was attainable for anyone who wanted it.

That said the economy has evolved much since then and so has ways of earning money. The plat sale should not have come at such a time. 3m+ was a fine price for these arcane items....

Farminer's
08-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Skywow I like how you keep calling people season 7 players who are an older player and forumer then you. Please refrain yourself and check who you are talking to now this is the 2nd time I see u do this in 3 posts. I bet you sir are some season 7 player looking to get a name for himself and probably spent 400+$ on the game already.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Pillowhead
08-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Oh is it Season 7 already, LMFAO ~

Hellgamer
08-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Basically sellers of these eggs make its price. They had invested on them and when price started to drop, everyone started selling to not lose much money. If everyone was patient, all arcane eggs could stay at a high price, they would be sold just in longer time

Litheus
08-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Hellgamer is right
And I guess sts figured out whole is greater than part.
Almost all players can open a couple of locks. But when drop rates were low they did not bother spending plat because they knew that they will most probably end up with 5k gold. But now everyone is willing to spend even if prices are low.

Arachnophobik
08-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Oh is it Season 7 already, LMFAO ~

I think its 8. Planar was considered 7 i think

Trojan2100
08-09-2015, 07:12 PM

I can see what the problem is you've been taking advantage of non platinum users by over pricing arcane, so long you forgot 1 million is a lot of gold.

Titanfall
08-09-2015, 07:15 PM
I can see what the problem is you've been taking advantage of non platinum users by over pricing arcane, so long you forgot 1 million is a lot of gold.
You quoted the wrong person

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Candylicks
08-09-2015, 07:19 PM

Then explain to me why the f2p players feel that it's justified to charge redic prices on items they are looting for free?!!!!!! This is basically why I am pretty much done with this game. Here we have new mythic coming and runes that are looted for free in orc crates. People trying to charge 10m for them. That makes me ill.

People who spend money and loot stuff have to sell for cheap, right it's what you all want.

Then the loot like runes? Hey let's gouge the community and rip them all off.

Since the economy has been this way guess what? People are miserable. How many pissed off posts we have on forums? It's toxic here and in the game. Enjoy it all people. This is what you wanted, right? 2015

Candylicks
08-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Rune = vial

Rune does NOT = nekro, 10m, or any other ludicrous prices.

That my friends is robbery.

Say no to 10m for single ingredient!!!!!!

Energizeric
08-09-2015, 07:35 PM
As I've said before, the reason for this is that it's been a really really long time since there has been some new arcane items released that are better than the existing items. The only recently released arcane item is Toor, and he is not better than existing arcane pets, so most rich players feel no need to get him.

Give this some time. At some point I'm sure STS will release a new arcane item, perhaps weapons, or amulet, or even a belt, and then you will see prices of 10m+ again for that item.

As for the 50m+ prices we have seen in the past, those days are gone and were a result of plat farming which caused a huge influx of gold into the game.

Caabatric
08-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Rune = vial

Rune does NOT = nekro, 10m, or any other ludicrous prices.

That my friends is robbery.

Say no to 10m for single ingredient!!!!!!

wow first time i agree with you on a matter between f2p and p2w 0.o +1

Candylicks
08-09-2015, 08:13 PM
As I've said before, the reason for this is that it's been a really really long time since there has been some new arcane items released that are better than the existing items. The only recently released arcane item is Toor, and he is not better than existing arcane pets, so most rich players feel no need to get him.

Give this some time. At some point I'm sure STS will release a new arcane item, perhaps weapons, or amulet, or even a belt, and then you will see prices of 10m+ again for that item.

As for the 50m+ prices we have seen in the past, those days are gone and were a result of plat farming which caused a huge influx of gold into the game.

So why are people thinking 10m a pop for a rune is fair ? That places mythic at 50m plus...

It's mind boggling the justification that people see in this.

MissVy
08-09-2015, 08:50 PM
The current loot table have lured some f2p to become a casual platter.
Now that buying plats can give you an opportunity (higher percentage than before) to get arcane items that's why a lot of the players are getting enticed to buy plats.

just my 2 cents...

x

~PureUnity~
08-09-2015, 09:27 PM
So why are people thinking 10m a pop for a rune is fair ? That places mythic at 50m plus...

Calm down it's just price inflation. Elites aren't even released yet.

And FYI, 1 mill is still quite a bit for those who don't play daily. Your all maxed out. Be happy for what you have. Be happy you can spend money on this game. Some of us can't.

Candylicks
08-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Calm down it's just price inflation. Elites aren't even released yet.

And FYI, 1 mill is still quite a bit for those who don't play daily. Your all maxed out. Be happy for what you have. Be happy you can spend money on this game. Some of us can't.
Rt now 1m is a lot to me!!! Do you think I have max gold? Heck no.

All I'm saying is I've obliged and never tried to screw people here. I sell fairly based on the reality of the economy.

I would like to see this happening on all items. That's all.

Ebezaanec
08-09-2015, 09:46 PM
I consider the runes' initial price as price inflation too. Some people are willing to pay a hefty premium for things immediately. The high prices just cater to the people with cash burning holes in their pockets.

Dragonite bars fetched nearly 20m when Tindirin was first released. It didn't last long. The price slowly settled as the hype also settled. Planar pendant recipes sold for over 30m the first day it was released, but then 20m the next day, until it dropped below 10m in a few weeks.

Point is, price is only an indication of what someone is willing to pay. If you don't like the price, then wait until it drops to a level you deem acceptable and buy then. Right now, people are fine shelling out X amount of gold. All a consumer can do is to vote with his/her dollar.

CheifR
08-09-2015, 09:49 PM
I'm f2p and I gotta admit everything being this easily obtainable does kinda suck. I'm gonna still farm hardcore like I've always done to keep up and all but me already having ring or arcane pet and mythic pendant none of it seems that great when everyone has it :/ before expansion if i wanted something for let's say 2mil the words "Only 2mil?" didn't pop up in my head

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

zerofort
08-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Yea problem with your iphone thing is toor just came out and hes almost 1mill so what r u talking about???

Johnny Vu
08-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Yea it sucks

Newcomx
08-10-2015, 12:27 AM
I'm f2p and I gotta admit everything being this easily obtainable does kinda suck. I'm gonna still farm hardcore like I've always done to keep up and all but me already having ring or arcane pet and mythic pendant none of it seems that great when everyone has it :/ before expansion if i wanted something for let's say 2mil the words "Only 2mil?" didn't pop up in my head

For old players? Yes easy.

Think also for new players.

CheifR
08-10-2015, 01:07 AM
For old players? Yes easy.

Think also for new players.
How new do you think I am? Anyone 41+ around during expansion release only needed a bar to get arcane pets and good gear. It's good nd all people get some self satisfaction but it's a terrible thing for the game in the long run.

gumball3000
08-10-2015, 01:12 AM

An item is worth as much as people are willing to pay for it. What are you crying about? It's a farmable item the price will drop for it. If i were you i wouldn't cry rune is 10 m, i would go and farm one.

Newcomx
08-10-2015, 04:09 AM
How new do you think I am? Anyone 41+ around during expansion release only needed a bar to get arcane pets and good gear. It's good nd all people get some self satisfaction but it's a terrible thing for the game in the long run.

I don't know if your new or not, I assume farming kinda easy for old player because they at least already have the experience and decent gear.

I don't see everyone has Arcane Ring and Mythic Pendant. I believe maybe only plat buyer or hardworking farmer have that gear. I don't know where your assumption based on.

For the long the long run? If this situation stay the same, I agree with you it is not good, but if sts can create demand so the economy keep circulating I believe this game will last longer.

BottleNexz
08-10-2015, 05:26 AM
tralalalal.... stop bleating and un-install game already. just sick of ur caustic posts.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

nelson131
08-10-2015, 05:30 AM
rune prices will fall as soon as elite s come out lol.....no one will buy rune for 10m while a nekro os 5.5m lol....
and in case ir worrying, the whole summer ive played iber 6hrs daily and have gotten nekro and is now going for a ring. however, not forget whar separates rich ppl and the farmers are the paras and eyes :)

CheifR
08-10-2015, 08:22 AM
I don't know if your new or not, I assume farming kinda easy for old player because they at least already have the experience and decent gear.

I don't see everyone has Arcane Ring and Mythic Pendant. I believe maybe only plat buyer or hardworking farmer have that gear. I don't know where your assumption based on.

For the long the long run? If this situation stay the same, I agree with you it is not good, but if sts can create demand so the economy keep circulating I believe this game will last longer.
My point is anyone who was able to run tindrin EVEN the ones with crappy gear and less experience have great gear. I've been seeing too mang arc ring rogues who charge skills, use shadow storm shot and packs in pve:/

Transfordark
08-10-2015, 09:19 AM

Might I add orc chests aren't free, if they were wouldn't everyone be popping one now, They are a gamble for gold just how lock is gamble for plats. Also it requires pure luck to loot one rune out of it.
Perhaps if your pure lucky you get in your first chest or even if you open thousands of those you might not get one so it just requires luck and cost you millions.

The overpriced item is just the work of merchers so there the ones to blame.

Candylicks
08-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Might I add orc chests are free, if they were wouldn't everyone be popping one now, They are a gamble for gold just how lock is gamble for plats. Also it requires pure luck to loot one rune out of it.
Perhaps if your pure lucky you get in your first chest or even if you open thousands of those you might not get one so it just requires luck and cost you millions.

The overpriced item is just the work of merchers so there the ones to blame.
Swear I have worst luck too lol. :/

Justno
08-10-2015, 11:24 AM
As someone who wanted all arcanes cheap, let me say I now regret it deeply. I now have arcane pets, belts, myth weps, arc ring, and now I'm bored of the game. There's nothing left to aim for.
Imo, they should be cheap but not this cheap...1 million is a lot of gold, but you shouldnt be able to get one of the best pets for that amount...

Xorrior
08-10-2015, 11:27 AM
What if I told you......

STS may have something in the pipeline.

Phase 1 : appease the f2p players. DONE.

Phase 2 : launch elites and appease the plat whales and dinosaurs.

Allocate
08-10-2015, 01:01 PM
The state of the game just before the Rengol expansion where Arcanes were still in the 20m+ and shards were rare, the game was DEAD!

Listen, even if Rengol expansion was released and everything was still the way it was then players would play for a few weeks and eventually go MIA again because all the good parts of the game are all catered to endgame rich full geared players. People with already max gear would also get bored because of less and less people playing. There was nothing to farm, nothing to do for the f2p and we didnt complain about the extreme prices of arcanes that the big shots were selling it for.

The locks business model was dieing also, no one or not many were left and willing to go spend hundreds/thousands to open a chest with stupid loot rates. Very few want to spend hundred/thousands just to be "cool" online and fulfill their delusional false sense of achievement. We went and played other games like what "gamers" do.

So what did STS do? They fixed their dumb loot rates and now everyone is willing to spend a dime on the game. What ever you plat whales think you spent by yourselves or as a group, we already surpassed it even if we spent less than you. We are many, you are a few.

So I also have all the gear that max players had a month ago and now, the end game parts of the game are not a walk in the park but reasonable now and fun to run. I don't feel bored at all. This is an MMO, there will always be something to do and if you have done it all. You should relax, go outside, play another game while waiting for STS to add something new and better for you to farm/get again.

Unless you want to change it back and the game will surely die and this time. This way:

The game is ALIVE once more!

Candylicks
08-10-2015, 01:17 PM
As someone who wanted all arcanes cheap, let me say I now regret it deeply. I now have arcane pets, belts, myth weps, arc ring, and now I'm bored of the game. There's nothing left to aim for.
Imo, they should be cheap but not this cheap...1 million is a lot of gold, but you should put be able to get one of the best pets for that amount...

We all wanted arcanes cheaper but not for almost free.

Edward Coug
08-10-2015, 01:20 PM
We all wanted arcanes cheaper but not for almost free.

This why I supported, and still support, liquidation rates. Not ridiculously high ones, but high enough to keep prices up at a reasonable rate.

Sorcerie
08-10-2015, 01:23 PM
In b4 new arcane weapons for all classes hit the market at old drop rates...

I mean, they can't keep shoving red pets in our faces as a distraction for much longer.

The last arcane weapon is now 2 seasons old, js.

epicrrr
08-10-2015, 02:15 PM
1mil arcane pet, those pet are still being bought and yes AL is what almost 3 years? So thats a long time for everyone to have a substantial amount of gold over the years thats a lot of major event.

Should we fear about arcane prices? I dont think so, im glad the game got more fun (low lvl pvp) cuz of people running around on arcane pet cheaper arcanes means more competitive people.

Kostral
08-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Hmm i liked the prices of myth amulets to, just 3k a fang once 👍

Xdumbx
08-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Sts should also fix the market in AL, because everything is getting so damn cheap.

Otahaanak
08-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Sts should also fix the market in AL, because everything is getting so damn cheap.

Definitely, cause I want to pay 27 mil for Samael again :/

Seriously though, I'm confident STS has heard the community on this subject. Time to give them time to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerofort
08-11-2015, 04:55 PM
I haven't seen a dev say any thing about the economy so wether your confidnt or not wont stop ppl that have spent alot of time and money from worying. If sts would bother to make a statment then that may be a start but as of now i dont see sts doi g any thing to fix it

Newcomx
08-11-2015, 07:58 PM

Cheap from what standpoint? Sellers? Buyers? Old players? New Players? Majority of players?

Newcomx
08-11-2015, 08:00 PM
Definitely, cause I want to pay 27 mil for Samael again :/

Seriously though, I'm confident STS has heard the community on this subject. Time to give them time to respond.

I can sell to you Samael for 27 Mil :D

Trenton
08-11-2015, 11:38 PM
I can sell to you Samael for 27 Mil :D
26.5m :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Eldorado
08-14-2015, 06:20 AM
Arcane are not as rare as they should be. All items attainable by opening locks will never be rare because of plat farmers and those who spend a lot for the game. STS should design a system that you need to play, spend cash, and wait. Now that is arcane rarity and worth 50 - 100m. People believe that what they bought is rare but reality is that it is not rare because where it comes from can be spam a lot. A rare item comes from a rare monster or from a rare item not a spammable one.

Oursizes
08-14-2015, 07:31 AM
You can't blame anyone except for the lock openers for the prices of arcanes. The prices are basically what people are willing to pay for them. In season 7 95% of the game didnt even have half of the gold for an arcane ring or nekro(when they were like 100m). Also, if you look closely at cs the crate poppers are undercutting arcanes by 50-100k a piece. It all adds up. Take a look at tyrannica, two people undercut it by 2m and now its below 1m.

Wutzgood
08-14-2015, 07:36 AM
Sts doesn't respond to economy topics because people will complain no matter what condition it's in. Type economy into the search bar to see all the topics made over the years complaining about inflation, deflation, depression, etc. It gets complaints no matter which direction it shifts.

In reality the economy is better than it's ever been. You can get more for your plat than any other time in arcane. For a 1700 plat pack I was able to buy a maridos egg, store 2 mil in stash and still have 400 plat left over. That has never been possible before without gambling with locked crates and I'm not a gambler.

Ceuidear
08-14-2015, 01:25 PM
The price of arcane items have been droping rapidly after expansion.

Oursizes
08-14-2015, 02:21 PM
The price of arcane items have been droping rapidly after expansion.

To a price tag that more people can actually afford.

iamjohn_ph
08-14-2015, 06:39 PM
With the price to open the ren'gol locks, many non-plat players were entice to buy plats (who wouldn't? 5 plats compared to old locks for 15 plats). Together with the (how would i say this) insane drop rates, the market was overwhelmed by the looted arcane items.
Like me, i was never a plat buyer not until this rengol locks. I opened around 40-50 locks and looted 2 maridos and 2 shards.
It's still the law of supply and demand. Everything is in surplus now.

notfaded1
08-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Some people actually get it... At this rate in addition to insta level 41 might as well offer another kit of arcane ring, nekro, and a set of the best armor available too. Who wants anything anymore if everyone has the same stuff... A couple people are figuring out a game with nothing out of reach to want is just dumb. Might as well be a single player game with instant messaging built in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Zynzyn
08-20-2015, 03:08 PM
There are not enough ways of making gold ingame. Locked prices have dropped since release. The event was not lucrative enough. So most people cannot really pay the exorbitant rates slapped on items. Hence demand is less than the supply and prices are dropping. I dont mind though, since that just means more people will be competitive in the game and we will have fun fighting with/against more or less equal stats players. Its no fun playing a game where only a handful have the best pets and monopolize everything. This is coming from someone who had paid several millions for the pet that is now close to 1m.

Edward Coug
08-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Some people actually get it... At this rate in addition to insta level 41 might as well offer another kit of arcane ring, nekro, and a set of the best armor available too. Who wants anything anymore if everyone has the same stuff... A couple people are figuring out a game with nothing out of reach to want is just dumb. Might as well be a single player game with instant messaging built in.

The only way to keep noobs from getting the best gear is to exclude it from plat purchases. I don't think you want that. Buying stuff with plat takes no skill. Therefore, any noob with real money can get great gear.

I'm not saying that supporting the game with real money isn't important. I'm just saying that it's the only way for noobs get great gear. If there were no plat, you wouldn't be seeing noobs with amazing gear. The more valuable you make plat, the more overpowered noobs you will see (and the greater disparity between hardcore non-plat players and plat players of all skill levels).

Oursizes
08-20-2015, 04:20 PM

You just want you and your few select buds to ever enjoy the game? Theres more people than that in this game that want to have the feeling of being able to compete.

Deluxeq
08-20-2015, 05:35 PM
AS THINGS GET OLD... PRICES DROP Honestly people

notfaded1
08-20-2015, 05:41 PM
I was kidding about the kit but now it's not far from reality already even without a kit...

From recent arcane pets it appears s&s really did almost ruin the pet system. I still say since sts can't nerf them since it was lb prize I guess? The only other way to fix and make any times runs fair again is to do same thing thats been done with everything else... Let everyone have one and put in locked like everything else... They'll be 1m in a week.

Otahaanak
08-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Oops. Fell asleep on my phone. Nothing to see here. :banana:

Kriticality
08-20-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm not one for super complaining but .... I love sts. I've spent more than most. No mas. 300 bucks for arcane ring and nekro? I started playing game at the wrong time. My plat history is insane. All for nothing. The only redeeming fact is seeing all that thought gear deficit made them lose in pvp and they still get smashed. More of a consolation prize. Am I allowed to post my own plat history in forums or is that against tos. I think markus got in trouble for it once. If I'm allowed to post, I think the reason why play spenders are upset will be self explanatory. I didn't buy plat to get gear to farm under geared players, I spent thousands to be competitive with the max players. I don't think plat buyers should have more than anyone else. However, if everyone else gets it without the same cost, I do feel some kind of way about that.

Kingumar
08-21-2015, 03:09 AM

Looks like u are being greedy thinking only about yourself think about others who can't afford arcane pet even though it's cheap

Bigboyblue
08-21-2015, 06:51 AM
I'm not one for super complaining but .... I love sts. I've spent more than most. No mas. 300 bucks for arcane ring and nekro? I started playing game at the wrong time. My plat history is insane. All for nothing. The only redeeming fact is seeing all that thought gear deficit made them lose in pvp and they still get smashed. More of a consolation prize. Am I allowed to post my own plat history in forums or is that against tos. I think markus got in trouble for it once. If I'm allowed to post, I think the reason why play spenders are upset will be self explanatory. I didn't buy plat to get gear to farm under geared players, I spent thousands to be competitive with the max players. I don't think plat buyers should have more than anyone else. However, if everyone else gets it without the same cost, I do feel some kind of way about that.

This is an unfortunate reality at this point. I feel a bit sorry for players who spent thousands when currently you only need to spend hundreds to get the same result. Or even worse, you don't need to spend a dime. The game use to be either pay for the best gear or don't get it. I never agreed with that model and am happy to see it has gone away. However, you and many other players spent the required money to get the best gear. You played the game by STS rules and now it feels like a waste.

It would be nice if STS would give something to the players that supported their game to this extent. Something like a banner that give 10% reroll would be fitting for anyone with over 100k plat history. This wouldn't make any players OP but would give something to those that supported the game that has a nice value. I wouldn't fall into this reward category but I think STS needs to give a thank you to the people that paid their wages.

Oursizes
08-21-2015, 07:45 AM
This is an unfortunate reality at this point. I feel a bit sorry for players who spent thousands when currently you only need to spend hundreds to get the same result. Or even worse, you don't need to spend a dime. The game use to be either pay for the best gear or don't get it. I never agreed with that model and am happy to see it has gone away. However, you and many other players spent the required money to get the best gear. You played the game by STS rules and now it feels like a waste.

It would be nice if STS would give something to the players that supported their game to this extent. Something like a banner that give 10% reroll would be fitting for anyone with over 100k plat history. This wouldn't make any players OP but would give something to those that supported the game that has a nice value. I wouldn't fall into this reward category but I think STS needs to give a thank you to the people that paid their wages.

Thing is the players who spent that much money got their time with the best gear for 2 seasons.. Dominating pve, and pvp.

Bigboyblue
08-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Thing is the players who spent that much money got their time with the best gear for 2 seasons.. Dominating pve, and pvp.

While you are right there it never hurts to thank your loyal paying customers. It is a very common business practice and might help ease the sting that these high spenders are currently feeling. In the grand scheme of things, 8 months of being on top is a fairly short time. This is especially true when you had to spend thousands of dollars to be one of these people.

Stefandeaconu
08-21-2015, 08:50 AM
i ll buy ur maridos....find kyshata in game

afiqwalawei
08-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Erm...........

Oursizes
08-21-2015, 02:54 PM
While you are right there it never hurts to thank your loyal paying customers. It is a very common business practice and might help ease the sting that these high spenders are currently feeling. In the grand scheme of things, 8 months of being on top is a fairly short time. This is especially true when you had to spend thousands of dollars to be one of these people.

More like over a year. And no one said they HAD to spend thousands .they spent that money and are now complaining(a select few). Though theres many plat buyers that have not complained about this and are actually enjoying the game as is.

Ezikelle
08-21-2015, 03:04 PM
It's funny how some people play and keep saying there going to quit playing. If you don't like it just stop and let the rest of us play. We like it there's other games for people that like to wine and dine

Edward Coug
08-21-2015, 03:30 PM

The prices were too high. Players were asked to spend too much real money (with no guaranteed returns). It wasn't sustainable. Go back and look at all the threads about players quitting over getting nothing from locks after spending a bunch of money. The players who did get lucky and rich had their day in the sun. There were plenty of players who weren't so lucky.

Bigboyblue
08-21-2015, 04:13 PM
The prices were too high. Players were asked to spend too much real money (with no guaranteed returns). It wasn't sustainable. Go back and look at all the threads about players quitting over getting nothing from locks after spending a bunch of money. The players who did get lucky and rich had their day in the sun. There were plenty of players who weren't so lucky.

You are very right. The prices were ridiculous. RNG from locks was a killer. It wasn't a good system whatsoever. The economy was a large reason why I left this game for 7 or 8 months. I was very glad to see these changes and am happily playing again.

The issue is that some people spent a drastic amount of money on this game. These players feel slighted. I can't blame them honestly. Is it crazy to think that they might deserve a "thank you" from STS? It is always a good idea to keep your paying customers happy.

Edward Coug
08-21-2015, 04:30 PM
You are very right. The prices were ridiculous. RNG from locks was a killer. It wasn't a good system whatsoever. The economy was a large reason why I left this game for 7 or 8 months. I was very glad to see these changes and am happily playing again.

The issue is that some people spent a drastic amount of money on this game. These players feel slighted. I can't blame them honestly. Is it crazy to think that they might deserve a "thank you" from STS? It is always a good idea to keep your paying customers happy.

Yes, but what about the players who spent a lot of real money and got nothing? I feel far worse for them. There were a lot of paying customers who left.

The paying customers who bought enough locks or got lucky enough got what they paid for. Gear that was dominant at the time. Did they overpay for it? I think so. It was too much real money to spend on a game.

Wutzgood
08-22-2015, 07:55 AM
It's funny how some people play and keep saying there going to quit playing. If you don't like it just stop and let the rest of us play. We like it there's other games for people that like to wine and dine

Yeah and it's rare any of them actually leave for good. Most are back within 6 months to a year. There are a few people here that have made 4 or more quitting topics and are still here lol.

Back on topic tho this is the first time since I started playing this game that I bought an arcane pet. I don't pop locked and 20+ mil for a pet wasn't gonna happen with my collecting and hoarding personality. I'm lucky if I can save 5 mil without spending it all on gear im missing. Picked up a maridos for 1.8 mil during this event. Can't beat that price for a great arcane pet.

Graovans
08-24-2015, 05:06 PM
I've read some of the comments and I feel like I have to say that. 1m gold is not that a small amout of gold. Before the expansion came out, I had about 7 months break from the game since I felt like playing it was just useless. How could a non plat user enjoy the game when arcane pets and good weapons where 20m+? The only possible solution for me was to farm for like a year. NO THANK YOU. I have better things to then playing this game 24/7. However, after the expansion came out, suddenly I realized I might be able to afford things I've always wanted. Not only that, but also all elite maps became playable and useful for me since I cloud afford a good gear,a good weapon,an arcane pet and an arcane ring. Before that, running one planar tombs map for example took 1.5hrs+ with a full party. So yeah, I feel like now the game is relevant for average players like me, but not only for players who spend real money on this game.