View Full Version : Crossbow V. Bow

thecakeisaspy
05-02-2011, 07:49 PM
i was just wondering about the pros and cons of each because the way i see it bows are superior in almost every way to crossbows.

Roasty
05-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Well I prefer crossbows, because they're prettier. Sounds a bit cheesy, but it's my most honest opinion. Don't get too close with it, it is your opinion after all :)

Thasaint
05-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, bows have better damage, but less armor and range. Crossbows have better range and more armor so either way id say they're both as good as eachother.

Slush
05-02-2011, 11:35 PM
If Custom Auto-Bow set had the same set bonus as Custom Recurve set, I'd pick the auto-bow, love the range on it.

TheLaw
05-03-2011, 01:35 AM
If Custom Auto-Bow set had the same set bonus as Custom Recurve set, I'd pick the auto-bow, love the range on it.

Agreed. Plus, WAY cheaper.

Raulur
05-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Some of the shivering crossbows are pretty nice, but other than that I don't like them. The auto bows... you can usually do as much damage with a talon + wing and have much higher armor.

I guess it all depends on whether you like to stay back and dps everything or get up close so you have your full arsenal of skills at your disposal. For instance, I like to trap the Keeper in one of the narrow paths and use Avian scream (plus debuffs and cruel blast of course) simply because it has great damage, and I always end up with aggro anyway. In the narrow area, I don't end up getting flung around the room when I have aggro. I just use health potions and keep doing damage as fast as I can.

Edit: I try to keep a bow loadout and talon + wing loadout both, and I switch back and forth depending on the situation.

Slush
05-03-2011, 02:27 AM
Agreed. Plus, WAY cheaper.

Well, if the set bonus was changed the price would rise sharply, like with what happened to Custom Helm/Armor/Recurve.