PDA

View Full Version : Shadowflare

Lastmind
08-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Hi guys,
I noticed that Shadowflare (charged proc of Kershal Scepter) debuffs minions with a movement speed slow.
Are there any other confirmed debuffs?

It seems very weak. Outside of hard bossfights, where u want to attack from distance and stay mobile, I do not see a purpose this spell.

Another question, does Shadowflare have a chance to proc the int buff?

Spell
08-09-2015, 07:43 PM
It really isnt useful at all.it is better to just spam it in hopes for the proc .

Visiting
08-09-2015, 07:46 PM
I'll let you in on a secret that all mages should be privy to - KERSH IS GARBAGE.
Just browse all the old forum threads about Kersh and you'll see all of the many many reasons that it is considered the WORST arcane weapon to date...

bedmaster
08-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Try a rare staff like voodoo staff, it shoots both projectile like a gun and a normal aoe attack on uncharged attack and only aoe attack on charge. Very useful. Wish kershal was like this

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk

illwilly
08-10-2015, 03:55 PM
I'll let you in on a secret that all mages should be privy to - KERSH IS GARBAGE.
Just browse all the old forum threads about Kersh and you'll see all of the many many reasons that it is considered the WORST arcane weapon to date...

I have elon gun with para and eyes, and a kershal with eyes, i use kershal 90% of the time, yes, it has been flamed on forums for ages, but still sell 5m+ in ah, so far from worthless. But suppose if ur hp, dmg and crit stats low, u really want a gun to live... when elite come i suppose i use my elon gun much more though...

Energizeric
08-10-2015, 04:23 PM
The problem with the Kershal, or any staff for a sorcerer, is that you must stand close to and face your target. The gun allows you to keep moving and kiting your target. When fighting a boss that can one hit you (which many elite bosses can), you need to keep your distance and keep moving, and the gun with its auto target allows for that.

If only staffs could auto target as well, then they would be way more useful. For a while I had both the Kershal and Elondrian Rifle as well, and the only time I found the Kershal more useful was in the tombs where the mobs don't hit hard and the AoE regular attack and speed of the Kershal helped clear the mobs faster. But in PvP, elite dungeons and against any boss, a gun is way better.

illwilly
08-10-2015, 06:16 PM
The problem with the Kershal, or any staff for a sorcerer, is that you must stand close to and face your target. The gun allows you to keep moving and kiting your target. When fighting a boss that can one hit you (which many elite bosses can), you need to keep your distance and keep moving, and the gun with its auto target allows for that.

If only staffs could auto target as well, then they would be way more useful. For a while I had both the Kershal and Elondrian Rifle as well, and the only time I found the Kershal more useful was in the tombs where the mobs don't hit hard and the AoE regular attack and speed of the Kershal helped clear the mobs faster. But in PvP, elite dungeons and against any boss, a gun is way better.

With 5600hp and dmg reduct lix , on most bosses elite atm and planar toombs i dont need range to not get one hit.. this will probably change with garetta elite.. and no, my dmg dont suffer ( mostly eyes)

nelson131
08-10-2015, 08:10 PM
kersh in paper has same dmg as elon gun, but test it and u will find elon to deal more skill dmg.
same will maul.

Runel Joseph Ruiz
08-10-2015, 10:02 PM
kersh is a garbage period

Lastmind
08-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Funny how all of u are offtopic. I talked about Shadowflare guys.....
I asked about possible debuffs on Shadowflare, I just noticed the slow.

Btw, Kershal's normal attacks knock back, which is like a small stun.

Haligali
08-11-2015, 12:31 AM
the only time I found the Kershal more useful was in the tombs where the mobs don't hit hard and the AoE regular attack and speed of the Kershal helped clear the mobs faster. But in PvP, elite dungeons and against any boss, a gun is way better.

Record runs are set with guns both on lvl15 hauntlet and lvl46 in tombs, the damage difference is more important, time your skills better and you will be faster with gun in tombs too.

Kakashis
08-11-2015, 12:52 AM
bows and guns should be the weapon of choice for rogues and mages. The counterparts are typically useful against easier mobs, but will likely get you killed.

illwilly
08-11-2015, 02:21 AM
kersh in paper has same dmg as elon gun, but test it and u will find elon to deal more skill dmg.
same will maul.

Well, i loved guns and hated staffs until one day i had all i wanted in game and bought kershal as a vanity, when testing it though i stopped using elon rifle on all but a few bosses that eat a 5600hp mage as snack. I find it super usefull, u find it useless:) ive had elon rifle since it came out, and leveled 2 46 mages 2 that still at 41 and one at 40. And lots more no death mages died at 20-33.

Kharjojo
08-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Funny how all of u are offtopic. I talked about Shadowflare guys.....
I asked about possible debuffs on Shadowflare, I just noticed the slow.

Btw, Kershal's normal attacks knock back, which is like a small stun.

No debuff at all, as Avikk already said :)
Shadowflare can be useful to lure mobs from distance if you're using a staff, if you're using a gun there's no need to, so.. useless :D
Joking apart, i've used both the Kersh and and elo-gun in planar tombs and it was fun to use kershal in maps, switching to the gun at boss lol but i've sold the kersh in the end because the skill damage is a very important factor imho and elo-gun is better then kersh, hands off.
Peace

CheifR
08-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Hi guys,
I noticed that Shadowflare (charged proc of Kershal Scepter) debuffs minions with a movement speed slow.
Are there any other confirmed debuffs?

It seems very weak. Outside of hard bossfights, where u want to attack from distance and stay mobile, I do not see a purpose this spell.

Another question, does Shadowflare have a chance to proc the int buff?
I wouldn't recommend charging it in the first place ...

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk