PDA

View Full Version : Sandstone Cave Boss Strategies

Ayrilana
05-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm not going to go into any in-depth detail with pretty pictures and such. I'll just post what I found so far and leave it to someone else to expand. This is from the perspective of a high level. People can feel free to add what they've found.

Magnetic Golem

You have five columns. Roughly every 10-15 seconds they'll start charging up. You'll see 4 of them have a red orb and one has a blue orb. Run to the one with the blue orb. He also will pull you towards him throughout the fight. He also will push you away from him as well. If you're doing this as a high level, just kite him.

Magic Golems

The key is to keep them separated. One has a red orb and the other has a blue orb. I personally felt that killing the one with the red orb was easier as the one with the blue orb spams heal. Have someone tank the blue orb golem while the others go for the red orb one.

I'll also add that I was able to stand in between them both and separate them far enough that the blue orb golem didn't heal the other. This could mean you only need one tank so long as you don't use any AOE that pushes them closer together.

Onyx Golem

Defeat the gray golems one by one as they get a green orb. They'll heal Onyx otherwise. For lower levels, I'm pretty sure someone can just kite Onyx while the rest go for the golems.

Earthquake Golem

His attacks occasionally will stun you so I felt kiting was easier than straight up tanking. When you hear a whistling sound and a blue circle around him, he is powering up for his quake attack which will make rocks fall from above. These cause massive damage and have an AOE range as well. When he charges just stop attacking and run far away from him. The rocks fall in a large area centered around where he charges up.

Sandstorm Golem

I found nothing special about him. He just summons sandstorms over and over.

Otukura
05-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I love it. Just need to actually buy the map now... :/

Oh well, twinking until then.

At least I wont run in and fail like a lvl 10, and have 25s raging at me and calling me a noob!... probably..

superss
05-03-2011, 10:02 AM
nice guide.

Punktate
05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Is this campaign like the shadow caves in the aspect that certain bosses drop certain items? (Armor/helm/shield)

Ayrilana
05-03-2011, 02:09 PM
No they just drop different versions

Ayrilana
06-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Can this get moved into the guides section? I see that it got missed.

Register
06-16-2011, 11:29 AM
i like it
nice job

Samhayne
06-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Moved!

Ayrilana
06-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Moved!

You rock!

Colin Healey
06-19-2011, 06:09 PM
awesome, just what i needed. i'm 25 and want the onyx hat. gogo power dex bear.... although i may have to switch to str bear to solo it but it will be worth the hat.

Clodoveo
06-29-2011, 07:17 PM
What is kiting D: ?

Pokechmp
07-04-2011, 11:22 AM
What is kiting D: ?U freeze or root, then run.
----------------------------
Hey, I'm pretty sure there is a pattern on the magnetic golem where the blue orbs show up.

MayhemMonkey
07-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey, I'm pretty sure there is a pattern on the magnetic golem where the blue orbs show up.

There is a pattern. The blue orbs appear in order as shown in this pic.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee203/prabllum/blueorbs.jpg

Sent from my Super Snappy G2x using Tapatalk

Johnaudi
07-05-2011, 02:25 AM
You rock!
Thats what i always tell him :)

TKDJamesPakTKD
07-21-2011, 05:14 AM
Awesome guide ! Solo'd Earthquake with a lvl 32 int mage . Had a few near kill wipes staying in his AoE range too long trying to squeeze a kill, lol better to play safe :p. After the initial boulder he pauses a few seconds and then charges dropping exactly 4 more boulders . TYY :D

Unxtoxic
08-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Very helpful guide :) Totally helped me defeat magnetic golem and the magic rocks :) so thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matutd
08-15-2011, 05:18 AM
No they just drop different versions

I've dropped onyx from earthquake and magnetic golem, so I'm not really sure if the name of the boss is the drop it gives :)

Goner
08-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Sandstorm Golem

I found nothing special about him. He just summons sandstorms over and over.

Anybody else has experience with this boss ?
I was in a party last night fighting him and suddenly my Health and Mana dropped to zero !? Does he have some trick like the Magnetic Golem ?