PDA

View Full Version : Season 1 questions

SkyWow
08-11-2015, 01:24 AM
I always wondered on how, when arcane started how was gold made? If everyone had no money...

How would you loot something and plan to sell it if their was nobody to sell to?

Lol hope you guys understand what I'm trying to get out

william5439
08-11-2015, 01:28 AM
We buy plats and use plats to exchange for gold in store

epicrrr
08-11-2015, 01:36 AM
I used to convert 600 plats to gold :banana:

Wazakesy
08-11-2015, 04:35 AM
quests...kraag cannons(ahead)

Kakashis
08-11-2015, 04:54 AM
It was tough, very tough. Farming for eggs and gears mainly. Max daily quests were the story ones and you needed plat for luck lix and no leprechaun amulet. It was very horrible. Best pet was Malison and the poor were literally farming for him without luck lix and we tried to minimize/no potions. Back then warriors were op as rogues had no bows and warriors could chain overlap shield and vengeful blood gave them full mana.

It was a struggle to even get 10k gold. Felt like a millionaire at 100k, although there were some players that already had 1m. Max gold cap was 10m back then

kinzmet
08-11-2015, 05:11 AM
Since everything was farmable back then, I saved my golds and only bougth potions. It was hard farming but fun.

Hellgamer
08-11-2015, 05:18 AM
There were only leg gears and for 50k a piece you could get more than decent ones. Daily do krag cannons and sell egg if you find and if you wanted more even though it was already enought elite rooks nest

Dalmony
08-11-2015, 08:54 AM
I started at the beginning of season 2, when cap was 21. Before I even know how to play the game, I would basically sell all of the legendary gear I looted along the way while I was levelling for 1-2k but sometimes more like 5k. I was also very dependent on Klaas luck elixir to get drops and sell them for gold :3 But the eggs in normal maps were worth a lot more , and that gold in turn generally went a lot further because the best items were not so ridiculously priced.

I can remember the best daggers in game costing roughly 200k-250k, and at the time, looting a flapjack in normal rooks nest would land me maybe 20-25k with also maybe a crate for a little bit of bonus gold. So whenever I got reroll I used to run regular rooks nest. And with that price, the "small" amounts of gold you could make from what are now considered rubbish drops actually added up to a significant amount.

Speaking of those daggers.... I also used to actually open the chests from elites and get some good stuff out of them including quite a few legendaries which sold for a lot, and I once looted them inside a golden chest from elite jarl.

I think... its a very long time ago haha my memories are blurred XD

xcainnblecterx
08-11-2015, 09:29 AM
During pre season 1 the most expensive gear was 150k or so. It wasn't till season 3 (26 cap) arcane was introduced. Till then it was merching or hunting Mali and lokey eggs

csyui
08-11-2015, 11:08 AM
There is no arcane/mythic in season 1, and the best pet is Malison.
Season 1 player farmed elite Jarl day and night for elite chest (untradeable) to loot best legendary gears.
The most expensive item was malison egg, around 1m. Best legendary weapon cost 700k. (Mighty Vorpal Sword)
If you had 1m at that time, you were among the rich club.

Remember that elite maps were really "elite" in season 1. My warrior has 950 deaths by now, but more than half of them were gotten from season 1.

Mesti
08-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Yes season 1 is very different. Hard to get gold n yup malison is very good pet that time as there is no mythic n arcane and there even no vanity at all. Having 100k that time consider rich person. And talking about elite wew, elite bael is very hard. Miss that season

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Iliketolol
08-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Hard to get gold ?lol I remember I got ribbit egg on first day and sold for 500k

Avshow
08-11-2015, 08:29 PM
farm jarl.......................................

Mesti
08-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Hard to get gold ?lol I remember I got ribbit egg on first day and sold for 500k
Then ur lucky I guess

Wazakesy
08-12-2015, 01:19 AM
anyone remembers colton or mali?...

Or the gold limit of 1million? ._.

Andrisber
08-12-2015, 04:07 AM
Back when mighty juggernaut helm cost 350k, cheapest trollbanes were 40k, colton was 1m, every maxed player (warr) had mighty jugg helm, mighty berserker plate, mighty vorpal/trollbane, legend ring and stuff... Good ol' days! Would be cool to go back then and stop myself from deleting ~5 criers >.<

I remember looting my first egg in Rooks' Hideout - Granite. Sold for 30k and felt like a richie :3

-Productive

Mesti
08-12-2015, 04:35 AM
Yes warrior is strong back then, seeing a warrior wear vorpal sword, and mighty juggernaut makes me feel jealous and malison to complete

UnnamedGuy
08-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Elite jarl :banana:

eugene9707
08-13-2015, 07:03 PM
There is no arcane/mythic in season 1, and the best pet is Malison.
Season 1 player farmed elite Jarl day and night for elite chest (untradeable) to loot best legendary gears.
The most expensive item was malison egg, around 1m. Best legendary weapon cost 700k. (Mighty Vorpal Sword)
If you had 1m at that time, you were among the rich club.

Remember that elite maps were really "elite" in season 1. My warrior has 950 deaths by now, but more than half of them were gotten from season 1.

colton was 3m , dont remember mali...

As for how was gold made .... as how player make gold or how there's soo many gold in game?

well during the close beta daily allies gives gold (from what i heard... didnt have a device to play despite living in canada), so some people make a lot of alt and have gold.

There's also people who use plat to gold , which explains the mass amount of gold in the economy (3m for colton, 500k for ribbit)

Energizeric
08-13-2015, 08:55 PM
My first day in AL I got a bit lucky and while leveling up in the Rooks Nest (non-elite) I looted a Flap Jack egg. In season 1 he was one of the best pets due to his big health and mana regen. In season 1, sorcerers only got their health from STR points (DEX and INT didn't give health points until season 2), so with max health of around 400-500 points, Flap Jacks's regen was pretty OP.

But in general, it was difficult to get started. As a sorcerer, I found that between Flap Jack's regen and using Lifegiver, I rarely needed potions, so that helped. The big farming dungeon during season 1 (and season 2 also) was Elite Jarl. People would run to Jarl, kill him in about 2 minutes, and then restart. There were always random players running that dungeon, so you never had to find a party. It's the one time in AL I can remember where you didn't need a party to run elite.

The elite chests were (and still are) non-tradable, so you had no choice but to open them. And if you looted a legendary item, it was definitely worth at least a few thousand gold. I can remember looting a ranger armor for rogue after a couple of weeks of playing and selling it for 600k. Once I did that I was able to purchase a flamestrike which was the best sorcerer weapon (there were no guns yet as locked crates were not introduced until season 2).

Overall season 1 only lasted a few weeks, and then they added the dead city dungeons and season 2 started. Only first place on the leaderboards were given a banner, which is why season 1 banners are so rare. Starting in season 2 they made it so that the top 25 all got banners.

As for earning gold in season 1, I can remember doing the Kraag tombs daily quests every day which earned 500 gold for the first and 1k for the second. 1500 gold back then was decent, and between that and the 3 different bards quests there were back then, it earned around 2k.

Serancha
08-13-2015, 09:40 PM
Colton was only so expensive because it took several weeks of daily story tokens to obtain. Ribbit was the biggest thing to farm back then - I don't remember it ever being more than 30k. Mother runs were easy and elite not required for Ribbit drops.

To make gold aside from egg farming, we farmed mighty berserker gear and alps from elite Jarl. Those were the good times. The most expensive gear was 800k, I believe and the highest I saw a pet go for was 2.4millfor Colton in the early part of season 2.

The first arcane pet was hammerjaw and it came out in season 2. Malison didn't drop due to a bug, so wasn't even farmable until almost season 3.

Hellgamer
08-14-2015, 04:07 AM
Colton was only so expensive because it took several weeks of daily story tokens to obtain. Ribbit was the biggest thing to farm back then - I don't remember it ever being more than 30k. Mother runs were easy and elite not required for Ribbit drops.

To make gold aside from egg farming, we farmed mighty berserker gear and alps from elite Jarl. Those were the good times. The most expensive gear was 800k, I believe and the highest I saw a pet go for was 2.4millfor Colton in the early part of season 2.

The first arcane pet was hammerjaw and it came out in season 2. Malison didn't drop due to a bug, so wasn't even farmable until almost season 3.

Dont remeber the bug but i remember that anyone with malison was cosidered pro XD

Pyramuson
08-14-2015, 06:58 AM
Back when mighty juggernaut helm cost 350k, cheapest trollbanes were 40k, colton was 1m, every maxed player (warr) had mighty jugg helm, mighty berserker plate, mighty vorpal/trollbane, legend ring and stuff... Good ol' days! Would be cool to go back then and stop myself from deleting ~5 criers >.<

I remember looting my first egg in Rooks' Hideout - Granite. Sold for 30k and felt like a richie :3

-Productive

Yup very true I still wear my worn out Mighty Juggernaut Armor from time to time when I farm normal maps. :)