View Full Version : How to merch

casperkil
08-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Pls someone tell me wat merching is

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Spell
08-12-2015, 09:49 AM
Buy low,sell high.....

Although with the prices of arcanes nowadays u are better off farming bars/vials/insignias then selling ^_^.

Ollashed
08-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Merch is when u buy items cheap and sell it for more gold.
For example Buy toor 1.2m and sell it for 1.5m ( u earned 300k gold by this trade) , or cleanarcane ring buy it 2.8m sell it 3.1-3.4m u earn a lot
There are many different ways for merching.
Some take long time,some are easy and fast

casperkil
08-12-2015, 12:00 PM
But i never made it to millions tbh 😭

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Ollashed
08-13-2015, 07:28 PM
For example
1)If ur gold is around 1-3m --> merch with arc eggs,worth it(u make 100-400k profit each arc egg if ur good in making deals)

2)if ur gold is around 3-6m --> merch with arc rings,myth weapons,etc u need to know the big market prices good

3)if ur gole is around 5-10m --> merch with lb vanities,para gemmed items,etc

4)if ur a damn super richy dude with 40m+ wth why r u talking about merch?buy everything u can and dont think :) (my opinion... ofc ppl with much gold still can merch as fun etc)

Depends mostly on luck
F.e.:
someone traded me in watchers tomb entrace..(i have no clue who couldnt see him)
He traded me and put a arc fossil in trade and said 500k... i was not sure if its a joke or not :) so i put in 500k for fun but he accepted and trade BOOM was lucky
At right time at right place. Fossil was at that time 3.5-4m :)))) so i bought 10vials 3m
Easy nekro 3.5m(was 8-9m at that time)ofc i opened coz nekro is a good pet and it was cheap------> saved 5m only with a lucky trade by a rabdom play

I wish u all the best in merching :)

kananaskis
08-13-2015, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=casperkil:2247608]But i never made it to millions tbh

kananaskis
08-13-2015, 08:25 PM
But i never made it to millions tbh

There's different ways to merch. You can make money on less costly items, legendaries for example, but it takes time to know what sells for what prices at what levels. Study the auction house and experiment with selling things to get a feel for it. If you can, find a niche/niches that interest you, that u can specialize in.

There's lots of merchers in the game with their own approaches. You will get to recognize some names of merchers in auction and see what kind of prices the reasonable ones set. Learn from them.

For example, I'm not a big mercher but i do some merching at certain levels where i know what sells for what. Maybe I'll make between 1k to 10k profit on these small time items. It's like a small side project that adds up to a fairly steady stream (say 30 to 80k a day, maybe more, if I'm on top of it) of additional income, income that covers a lot of my jewel purchasing expenses for my endgame mage and rogue. Mostly, however, i make money from farming and also from stocking up on event items to sell later, but i like the extra bit of gold that some merching consistently provides on the side. If you know what items are worth at various levels, you'll be able to recognize something that is under-priced, buy it, and resell it for a decent price.

Anyway experiment, study the auction, start small and build up. If you really like merching you'll have millions before you know it :) good luck!

Greatankush
08-14-2015, 11:25 AM
As for me I started marching with 100k gold and now I have a million and after event I'll mercy more hehe it's easy to make money using merch..start depends on ur budget if u r new stash like 200k extra(if u r rich) or an amount u think is descent...to list items if u bought costly ones with all ur gold (1m stuff takes 50k I have never done that though xD)