PDA

View Full Version : Are the standards dropping.....?

Redbridge
05-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi Folks

Firstly, apols for resorting to posting this on the forums, as it is 'sort of' the kind of post that is affecting my experience of the forums currently. Let me explain....

Over the past few weeks, the forums appear to be peppered with moaning, complaining, people being rude, nasty and spiteful to each other. I won't give any examples, but feel free to PM me if you want me to elaborate.

I've been very much attracted to PL not just for the game but for the 'whole' package. The Forums and the helpful nature of everyone, the Dev Team and their fantastic approach to 'us' the community/customers and the many helpful people in game.

Just recently though, there seems to have been a huge increase in the amount of rudeness and disrespectfulness (is that even a word?).

Please let me know if I am wrong and I don't have a valid point, and I will gladly edit this post and step away from the keyboard.

I don't think I am, and although it isn't wide-spread just yet, it does need to be highlighted and reduced IMHO.

Could I ask that everyone, AT ALL TIMES, remains respectful and polite when posting on the forums. I know we love this game, and we are very 'passionate', but there is never any excuse for rudeness or a lack of manners.

Just my thoughts, and as I have said, I could be wrong, but personally this is ruining my experience of the forums and I have reduced my time on them accordingly...

Looking forward to ur responses.

Regards

Arterra
05-03-2011, 10:50 AM
1) new updates come up that are either non obvious in how things work (magnet Golemn killing) or people simply don't like (skill cooldown)
2) people (kids) register just to mention it to the devs, as Aparently nobody else has since it is still there as of 5 minutes ago and I want it gone/fixed/nerfed now!
3) a few of them stay.
4) they have to go thru the whole newb on forum process, and not everyone takes that well.

Redbridge
05-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Good point - there have been quite a lot of updates recently which would drive more new traffic through the Forums, which is what we want. I've encouraged lots of people to check out the forums too....

I'm just hoping that the standards haven't started to drop, and wanted to remind everyone that manners are free.

Cheers for the response.....

Samhayne
05-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey Redbridge,

Thanks for taking the time to post your feelings. I agree with Arterra that there have been a good number of controversial changes recently and that can bring out the worst in people. Also, since I've come on board full time, I'm working pretty hard to raise visibility of our forum community. We have lots of new people coming in and the game is growing steadily. We're continuing to lay the groundwork to stay in front of that growth - but growing pains are growing pains.

At least, that's my take on it. Or, maybe I'm just too lax and not wielding the smackdown with quite the aplomb that JustG does?

StompArtist
05-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Or, maybe I'm just too lax and not wielding the smackdown with quite the aplomb that JustG does?

What have you done now Red? LOL

Justg
05-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Or, maybe I'm just too lax and not wielding the smackdown with quite the aplomb that JustG does?

o.O

/devsneed10charstoo

Inching
05-03-2011, 11:00 AM
the real WoW in your pocket (OaC) is out and the senior members are all playing that currently so there are no senior members as before self moderating the PL forums. This also leads to the amount of fighting, and flaming you are seeing.

People using the STS forums to talk about OaC... lol

Redbridge
05-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey Redbridge,

Thanks for taking the time to post your feelings. I agree with Arterra that there have been a good number of controversial changes recently and that can bring out the worst in people. Also, since I've come on board full time, I'm working pretty hard to raise visibility of our forum community. We have lots of new people coming in and the game is growing steadily. We're continuing to lay the groundwork to stay in front of that growth - but growing pains are growing pains.

At least, that's my take on it. Or, maybe I'm just too lax and not wielding the smackdown with quite the aplomb that JustG does?

Cheers for replying... I'll PM you my concerns, as I may be missing something. You may be able to clarify if i'm worrying about nothing.

StompArtist
05-03-2011, 11:06 AM
the real WoW in your pocket (OaC) is out and the senior members are all playing that currently so there are no senior members as before self moderating the PL forums. This also leads to the amount of fighting, and flaming you are seeing.

People using the STS forums to talk about OaC... lol

That was a bit brutal there Inching.

Inching
05-03-2011, 11:08 AM
u r right, i apologies, was rude of me.

Ladylove
05-03-2011, 11:33 AM
u r right, i apologies, was rude of me.

Tsk tsk. Jk :) I suppose those of us who are on here more should try harder to keep things more under control... We can help too. I'm guilty of going hog-wild off-topic on everything, so I'm not much help lol.

Major
05-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Well I find most of us here are here to help and make the game more enjoyable. PL has had alot of changes recently and lots of ppl are expressing how they feel about it all. Some like the changes some hate it. Unfortunately we need the players who have their controversies to help evolve the game better. If we didn't then nothing would be said and it would not be considered, but if your really angry about something then send an email to STS because we don't need complaining here. People need to be able to feel like they can express how they feel about things tho, just need to do it in a nice manner.

Ladylove
05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
We don't need none of this:

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x384/blcochrane/forum-troll.jpg

LIGHTNINGLORD67
05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
We don't need none of this:

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x384/blcochrane/forum-troll.jpg

Wow that is reallyugly

Ladylove
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Wow that is reallyugly

Lol I love the mouse. At first I thought it was something different.

Arterra
05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Lol I love the mouse. At first I thought it was something different.

I though it was one of those cyclops robots in the first star wars movie (phantom, not original)
No wonder he is hating

Redbridge
05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Top find - why didn't anyone tell my there was an Ignore button on the forums.....!!!!!

How does it work? Just doesn't display posts from a particular 'ignored' forum user? I think I have found the solution both in game and on the forums...

StompArtist
05-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Top find - why didn't anyone tell my there was an Ignore button on the forums.....!!!!!

How does it work? Just doesn't display posts from a particular 'ignored' forum user? I think I have found the solution both in game and on the forums...

I used it a few times. The user becomes completely invisible. I guess this is the last post you'll see of me :(

Redbridge
05-03-2011, 01:57 PM
I used it a few times. The user becomes completely invisible. I guess this is the last post you'll see of me :(

;) - Def not....

Although, I'm a happy bunny again.... I didn't realise 'ignore' was possible on the forums

Moogerfooger
05-03-2011, 02:30 PM
;) - Def not....

Although, I'm a happy bunny again.... I didn't realise 'ignore' was possible on the forums

Yes, it definitely makes things better, doesn't it? :D took me a while to find it as well. But glad I found it.

JaytB
05-03-2011, 02:36 PM
That's why I never get reactions... I'm on everybody's ignore list :'(

Arterra
05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
i personally cant go ignoring people. a) perfect chances to fight back, and b) chance to show off l33t GoA response skillz ;)

RedRyder
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
You can still see that the person you ignored posted something, but not what it is until you un ignore them

Moogerfooger
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
That's why I never get reactions... I'm on everybody's ignore list :'(

This is not true, I read all yer posts, KungFoo!!!!

Moogerfooger
05-03-2011, 02:42 PM
i personally cant go ignoring people. a) perfect chances to fight back, and b) chance to show off l33t GoA response skillz ;)

Does b) involve whacking them in the nose with your stat-less Shiny Red Shield o' Pimpitude? :D

StompArtist
05-03-2011, 02:42 PM

What did the guy above me post? I can't see anything.

JaytB
05-03-2011, 02:45 PM

Aww man, that makes me feel all warm inside :D

Pandamoni
05-03-2011, 02:51 PM
What did the guy above me post? I can't see anything.

LOL, you crack me up.