PDA

View Full Version : Eloia's Bow

Jazzi
08-13-2015, 04:36 PM
Hello everyone and Dear Sts,

I have some remarks in regards to Eloia's Bow:

1. The so called buff in Thursday's update is sadly fake. It ONLY added damage to the "damage" value in the character sheet, but did NOT change the skill damage when using the bow (tested before update, took screenshots of aimed shot and nox bolt damage range in the skills menu, etc.)
2. When you applied the fake "buff" to the "damage" value in the character sheet you forgot to do the same with the "dps" value, so it still shows the same -74 dps as before the "buff" :hopelessness:
3. The proc is either bugged or just waaaaay too rare. I had to do 8 solo normal "The wilds" runs to make it proc once.
4. The animation of the bow and the way it is being held by our toon in particular is still kinda off.

All in all I think a second look at this weapon and maybe all event weapons is necessary. Ty in advance!

Edward Coug
08-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Hello everyone and Dear Sts,

I have some remarks in regards to Eloia's Bow:

1. The so called buff in Thursday's update is sadly fake. It ONLY added damage to the "damage" value in the character sheet, but did NOT change the skill damage when using the bow (tested before update, took screenshots of aimed shot and nox bolt damage range in the skills menu, etc.)
2. When you applied the fake "buff" to the "damage" value in the character sheet you forgot to do the same with the "dps" value, so it still shows the same -74 dps as before the "buff" :hopelessness:
3. The proc is either bugged or just waaaaay too rare. I had to do 8 solo normal "The wilds" runs to make it proc once.
4. The animation of the bow and the way it is being held by our toon in particular is still kinda off.

All in all I think a second look at this weapon and maybe all event weapons is necessary. Ty in advance!

Thank you, Jazzi. I was hoping you would post about this. Great stuff, as always.

jarsofklym
08-13-2015, 11:38 PM
and hopefully add a dps ex.to potency bow lv46 from 148dps to atleast 156dps closed to Giant bow potency has 158dps and Eloi weapon is consider as rare loot in chest and exlusively on event.the adding dps now is not worth it as rare loot weapon in an event.Thanks

Faliziaga
08-14-2015, 01:48 AM
..disappointing dps, disappointing/non-existing proc...

Ravager
08-14-2015, 02:57 AM
Still way better than the mage and warrior weapons. At least rogues got a usable crate weapon.

Wazakesy
08-14-2015, 03:14 AM
Still way better than the mage and warrior weapons. At least rogues got a usable crate weapon.

yep, it seems mages and warriors are ditched :/

kananaskis
08-14-2015, 04:13 AM
I equipped and compared giant bone bow of brutality to eloia potency...the damage, which was much lower before this update, is now about the same, and so are the skill damage numbers....so that part apears to be fine.

The lower dps of eloia bows compared to crate bows is merely due to a slower normal shot fire rate, a common kind of difference between any weapons (e.g. devourer bow compared to shuyal bows).

Just the proc--very rare and buggy looking animation--and the visual placement in relation to the hand, are what needs attention on the bows. The proc needs to do some damage to be meaningful.

Jazzi
08-14-2015, 05:23 AM
I equipped and compared giant bone bow of brutality to eloia potency...the damage, which was much lower before this update, is now about the same, and so are the skill damage numbers....so that part apears to be fine.

The lower dps of eloia bows compared to crate bows is merely due to a slower normal shot fire rate, a common kind of difference between any weapons (e.g. devourer bow compared to shuyal bows).

Just the proc--very rare and buggy looking animation--and the visual placement in relation to the hand, are what needs attention on the bows. The proc needs to do some damage to be meaningful.

I just want to reiterate this: the skill damage while using Eloia's bow of potency did NOT change after the update. It stayed the same as before the update. Only the "damage" value in the character sheet changed! Your explanation about the "DPS" value is very logical, but in this case it did not change either after the update.

I hope I could make my co concerns clearer :)

kananaskis
08-14-2015, 05:52 AM
that's odd then that skill damage and dps stayed the same while damage stat changed. i wouldn't know why that was, but the all numbers seem correct now as compared to crate bows. that's cool that you documented that, maybe just the damage was off but ya it should effect all the other numbers. odd.

Edward Coug
08-14-2015, 11:00 AM
I just want to reiterate this: the skill damage while using Eloia's bow of potency did NOT change after the update. It stayed the same as before the update. Only the "damage" value in the character sheet changed! Your explanation about the "DPS" value is very logical, but in this case it did not change either after the update.

I hope I could make my co concerns clearer :)

I'm just curious. How are you testing damage?

Serancha
08-14-2015, 11:15 AM

Skill damage and stat sheet damage are different. Stat sheet damage is the damage of your auto-attack with the current equipped weapon. When you go to your skills tab and read the description on each skill, it gives you a damage range that you will do when using that particular skill, with the weapon that is currently equipped.

The most notable example is with the Arcane Maul (warrior). With a maul, a warrior has very high damage on his skill sheet (so people inspect him and go "oooh aahhhh") but when the skill damage is looked at, these numbers are very low. When you look at a newer weapon (bonesaw etc.), the displayed damage won't be as impressive-looking, but the skill damage is much much higher.

Since most players rarely use autoattack (other than dagger rogues and staff mages), it is actually the skill damage numbers that matter. What the op is saying is that they changed the stat sheet damage, but did not adjust the skill damage to reflect the change - thus making the buff essentially "fake".

Jazzi
08-14-2015, 11:36 AM

I am talking about the damage value in the character sheet

What the op is saying is that they changed the stat sheet damage, but did not adjust the skill damage to reflect the change - thus making the buff essentially "fake".

^^This

Edward Coug
08-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Skill damage and stat sheet damage are different. Stat sheet damage is the damage of your auto-attack with the current equipped weapon. When you go to your skills tab and read the description on each skill, it gives you a damage range that you will do when using that particular skill, with the weapon that is currently equipped.

The most notable example is with the Arcane Maul (warrior). With a maul, a warrior has very high damage on his skill sheet (so people inspect him and go "oooh aahhhh") but when the skill damage is looked at, these numbers are very low. When you look at a newer weapon (bonesaw etc.), the displayed damage won't be as impressive-looking, but the skill damage is much much higher.

Since most players rarely use autoattack (other than dagger rogues and staff mages), it is actually the skill damage numbers that matter. What the op is saying is that they changed the stat sheet damage, but did not adjust the skill damage to reflect the change - thus making the buff essentially "fake".

My terra bow of brutality with regular rein gems gives me 857 dmg. My eloia bow of potency with excellent finesse jewels gives me 864 damage. On the skill screen, the damage for the eloia bow is higher than the damage for the terra bow by about what you'd expect (I don't remember the exact numbers).

This leads me to believe the damage buff is actually real.

However, the DPS is still unbuffed, and all the event weapons proc way too infrequently.

Jazzi
08-14-2015, 01:04 PM
My terra bow of brutality with regular rein gems gives me 857 dmg. My eloia bow of potency with excellent finesse jewels gives me 864 damage. On the skill screen, the damage for the eloia bow is higher than the damage for the terra bow by about what you'd expect (I don't remember the exact numbers).

This leads me to believe the damage buff is actually real.

However, the DPS is still unbuffed, and all the event weapons proc way too infrequently.

The skill damage was of the terra/giant bone bow and the Eloia's bow were more or less identical even before the buff. I know most people did not care to check, because the damage difference in the character sheet was pretty huge. My point is that this skill damage did not change after the "fake buff". The only thing that changed is the "damage" value in the character sheet. The "dps" value n the character sheet and the skill damage in the skills' menu did not change at all.

I don't if this is a bug or intentional, but in my opinion it is not right and should be addressed together with the almost non-existent proc of all event weapons.

Edward Coug
08-14-2015, 01:11 PM
The skill damage was of the terra/giant bone bow and the Eloia's bow were more or less identical even before the buff. I know most people did not care to check, because the damage difference in the character sheet was pretty huge. My point is that this skill damage did not change after the "fake buff". The only thing that changed is the "damage" value in the character sheet. The "dps" value n the character sheet and the skill damage in the skills' menu did not change at all.

I don't if this is a bug or intentional, but in my opinion it is not right and should be addressed together with the almost non-existent proc of all event weapons.

Was the skill damage of the rengol weapons higher when they first came out? Or has it remained the same?

How much lower is it than the myth bows?

Jazzi
08-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Was the skill damage of the rengol weapons higher when they first came out? Or has it remained the same?

How much lower is it than the myth bows?

No, the skill damage of Rengol bows never changed since its release. It remained the same through all "nerfs" and "buffs".

A rogue who uses a myth bow and has the exact same "damage" value in her/his character sheet will have 50-100 (lower-upper range) more aimed shot skill damage than a Rengol potency bow user. This is with maridos and no damage lix. The difference is respectively bigger with a pet like nekro or 25/30% damage lix.

Ceuidear
08-14-2015, 01:18 PM
It has been an headache since the expansion without proper weapons.

kananaskis
08-14-2015, 02:29 PM
It has been an headache since the expansion without proper weapons.

not sure what proper means, normally only legendary weapons are released at start of expansions from what i understand. but yes there's been some glitches on both the crate bows and eloia bows when being released.

kananaskis
08-14-2015, 02:36 PM
even if only the stat damage (i.e. auto attack damage) on the character sheet was raised, this is still a real buff as opposed to a fake buff. even with bow rogues, auto attack matters as the most efficient delivery of damage on a single target is to tap aimed, tap auto, tap nox, tap auto, tap aimed, etc...fitting in auto attack between the two main skills. so higher auto attack damage matters. dps on character sheet is not as relevant since auto attack is ready between use of skills, with either bows fire rate.

Jazzi
08-14-2015, 02:43 PM
even if only the stat damage (i.e. auto attack damage) on the character sheet was raised, this is still a real buff as opposed to a fake buff. even with bow rogues, auto attack matters as the most efficient delivery of damage on a single target is to tap aimed, tap auto, tap nox, tap auto, tap aimed, etc...fitting in auto attack between the two main skills. so higher auto attack damage matters. dps on character sheet is inconsequential since auto attack is always ready between use of skills.

This is completely off topic, but I can't help it but to correct u here. The most efficient way to deliver damage/highest effective damage output is not by using auto attack between skills. In fact one should use no auto attacks or just a single one per combo (aimed, nox, auto, piercer).

kananaskis
08-14-2015, 02:52 PM
This is completely off topic, but I can't help it but to correct u here. The most efficient way to deliver damage/highest effective damage output is not by using auto attack between skills. In fact one should use no auto attacks or just a single one per combo (aimed, nox, auto, piercer).

well yes, you are quite correct, that kind of combo is highest damage, but i guess i was thinking of certain elites where we aren't always using pierce in combos as it can lead to deaths or adds.

My point is on topic i feel because higher auto attack damage is still a buff; even if it isn't a huge one, or not really much of a buff as compared to raising skill damage, it still is some additional damage. however we may fit auto attack into a combo depending on the situation, the higher auto attack damage makes some difference. maybe this is all the devs intended to change. but yes increasing skill damage would be more significant.

actually i don't understand why the dps wouldn't have increased on the stat page if auto attack damage was increased...that dps stayed the same according to your before and after screenshots indicates that the eloia bow fires auto attack at a slower rate after the update. this is actually a bit of a nerf then.

Jazzi
08-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Hm,

I was hoping to get any developer feedback on this and maybe the other event weapons as well. Well, a comment is still welcome

Edward Coug
08-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Any dev going to comment on the event weapons?

Zynzyn
08-17-2015, 11:52 PM
What is the proc chance of this bow and how long does it last? I dont see it proc.

Jazzi
08-18-2015, 01:50 AM
What is the proc chance of this bow and how long does it last? I dont see it proc.

The proc is extremely rare. In arena it procs once every 15 minutes. The proc's duration is between 0,5 and 1 second. Chances are you might miss it in the midst of a large pull or many ongoing effects.

Edward Coug
08-18-2015, 10:58 AM
The proc is extremely rare. In arena it procs once every 15 minutes. The proc's duration is between 0,5 and 1 second. Chances are you might miss it in the midst of a large pull or many ongoing effects.

At this point, just pretend it doesn't exist.

bruceboster
08-18-2015, 09:32 PM
Still better than galen of potency that almost never proc. Just saying.

Oursizes
08-19-2015, 01:08 AM

A rogue in my pt had the new bow. Proced once maybe every 4-5 runs? And proc was there one sec gone the next

Edward Coug
08-19-2015, 08:48 AM

This comment isn't productive. All of the event weapons rarely proc, not just the galen.

Jazzi
08-19-2015, 08:51 AM

Which part of 1 (one) proc every 15 minutes don't you understand Sir? All event weapons have procs, which are so rare, that u could just assume that they didn't exist

bruceboster
08-19-2015, 10:09 AM
This comment isn't productive. All of the event weapons rarely proc, not just the galen.
All of the events are rarely proc weapons ? You're kidding are not you? Bulwark , Bonesaw , goblins Glaive proc more often than Galen.

bruceboster
08-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Which part of 1 (one) proc every 15 minutes don't you understand Sir? All event weapons have procs, which are so rare, that u could just assume that they didn't exist
How did you know if one proc within 15 minutes ? Bulwark , Bonesaw and goblins Glaive more often than galen. My Bonesaw can proc twice within 3-4 minutes in KM3 .

Edward Coug
08-19-2015, 11:00 AM
How did you know if one proc within 15 minutes ? Bulwark , Bonesaw and goblins Glaive more often than galen. My Bonesaw can proc twice within 3-4 minutes in KM3 .

You misunderstand. Test the procs of all the event weapons before you comment. If you had, you would have realized that the proc is just as rare on the Eloia bow and Jord staff.

The proc is a problem on all of the event weapons.

Edward Coug
08-19-2015, 11:14 AM
No, the skill damage of Rengol bows never changed since its release. It remained the same through all "nerfs" and "buffs".

A rogue who uses a myth bow and has the exact same "damage" value in her/his character sheet will have 50-100 (lower-upper range) more aimed shot skill damage than a Rengol potency bow user. This is with maridos and no damage lix. The difference is respectively bigger with a pet like nekro or 25/30% damage lix.

I just bought a frost bow today to compare the skill damage with the legendary bows. Here are the results:

Terra Bow of Brutality with regular rein gems:

Stat Damage - 858.72

Aimed Shot Damage - 1,388-1,735

Frost Bow of Potency with one para and two grand dex gems

Stat Damage - 860.96

Aimed Shot Damage - 1,515-1,894

You're absolutely right. The skill damage is way lower on the new legendary bows. Despite what the damage stat on the character screen says, the myth bows actually do significantly more damage.

bruceboster
08-19-2015, 11:29 AM
You misunderstand. Test the procs of all the event weapons before you comment. If you had, you would have realized that the proc is just as rare on the Eloia bow and Jord staff.

The proc is a problem on all of the event weapons.
Lol. You said all the weapons of the event is not all weapons of events now . I have been playing this game for almost three years so do not order me to try something ! I 've tried almost all the weapons in this game . Stop patronizing others and do not reply to my comments because I do not have time to argue with you . Thanks.

Edward Coug
08-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Lol. You said all the weapons of the event is not all weapons of events now . I have been playing this game for almost three years so do not order me to try something ! I 've tried almost all the weapons in this game . Stop patronizing others and do not reply to my comments because I do not have time to argue with you . Thanks.

I guess I could have been clearer when I said "all of the event weapons rarely proc." I was referring to this event, not all of the events ever held.

The point is, the proc on the Galen, Jord and Eloia weapons is extremely rare and needs to be revisited.