PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends Producer's Letter - August 2015

G-M
08-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

Does it feel to you like Arcane Legends is a whole new game these days? It sure feels that way to me. It's been so much fun to play the game and read your feedback on the Rebuilding of Garetta, the Ren'gol expansion, and Ursoth's Assault over the past seven weeks. Today our game is stronger than ever and it's all thanks to you.

With Ren'gol released and Ursoth well underway you're probably wondering what's next. Well wonder no more!

Coming next month:
• Ren'gol Elite dungeons: Arriving hot on the heels of Ursoth these new dungeons will give you a chance to prove your skills to earn rewards of mythic proportions.
• The King Awakens: Something is stirring. What could it be? Legends speak of Northal, an ancient Orc warrior king who will soon rise from his eternal slumber. Will you be there to greet him when he wakes up?

…and beyond:
• Duels: A number of you have proposed this idea and we've been listening. We're hard at work on a new PvP mode that will allow you to test your might against your friends (or enemies) in one-on-one matches.
• Halloween: We're already hard at work on one of our biggest events of the year. We're putting some fresh new twists on the formula and adding new pets, bosses, and gear. Stay tuned for more on this in the coming weeks!

Last but not least, thank you for being the best community a game developer could ask for. Your ideas, encouragement, and yes even criticism drive us forward day after day.

G-M

Befs
08-13-2015, 04:59 PM
first nice...

SO much hype for everything mentioned

And to the last part-

THANK YOU STS!

For being the my favorite game creators and putting out so much effort out to meet our greedy desires

Dimitrian
08-13-2015, 05:00 PM
Finally Northal the Awoken!

*points to avikk*

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Al is the best
08-13-2015, 05:00 PM
Second nice...

Nthng
08-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Awesome STS

GT-I8552 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Serillex
08-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Cool :))

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk

mesalin
08-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Nice!!!

I'm so fresh

princesslovess
08-13-2015, 05:03 PM
OMFG 1v1 finally!!!!!!!

Pvpaholic
08-13-2015, 05:04 PM
O.o I love the Halloween events.
Also the king awakens. So excited.
When will we get teasers for elite gear?

Xenobiotic
Cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spell
Wew so awesome finally a 1v1 room =]
Also what ever happen to Arcane deary? Is it just supposed to be the "Bigfoot" of AL?

Ssneakykills
08-13-2015, 05:08 PM
Sweet I'm liking the sound of what's coming up, while we are on the pvp subject will the 1vs1 map have a new theme? Such as a a garetta theme

Oezheasate
08-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Awesome ty for introducing the pvp vs option

jaokajede
08-13-2015, 05:13 PM
finally a 1v1 pvp room is coming!

Visiting
08-13-2015, 05:22 PM
Looks like there'll be no improvement to CTF, whilst we get another PVP mode...

Kakashis
08-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Yay thank you STS! Can't wait to see the great things to come! Para gem 2.0? Hehe

Golem
08-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Awesome. Sts doing great work in AL ty :) cant wait for halloween event!!

boljackz
08-13-2015, 05:53 PM
• Duels: A number of you have proposed this idea and we've been listening. We're hard at work on a new PvP mode that will allow you to test your might against your friends (or enemies) in one-on-one matches.

- i think dummy users will maximize this :)

boljackz
08-13-2015, 06:00 PM
dummy users will celebrate with this 1 on 1 map :)

Oezheasate
08-13-2015, 06:26 PM
dummy users will celebrate with this 1 on 1 map :)

Lol instead of just looking at the negative of this just point out both good and bad, here you can test ur skills without getting interrupted, you wont get ganged etc. etc. One negative point, dummy users will surely have it easier now, but that can be avoided somehow surely

eugene9707
08-13-2015, 07:07 PM
Idea: is it possible to add a dual/pvp room in guild hall (maybe extra cost to upgrade guild hall)?
The dual room will be guildies only, and doesn't count for kills and deaths. It's a place where people can learn and try out pvp without being farm till they rage quit (or 50000 deaths)

oh and dummy users can't abuse it :P

zerofort
08-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Yessss!!!!!!!

shinyx
08-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Looks promising. Can't wait to see all of the new content.

Ravager
08-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Idea: is it possible to add a dual/pvp room in guild hall (maybe extra cost to upgrade guild hall)?
The dual room will be guildies only, and doesn't count for kills and deaths. It's a place where people can learn and try out pvp without being farm till they rage quit (or 50000 deaths)

I agree. Afraid of the dummy farmers and the current class balance. Rogues kill both mage and war classes in most cases.

Visiting
08-13-2015, 08:04 PM
I agree. Afraid of the dummy farmers and the current class balance. Rogues kill both mage and war classes in most cases.

AL classes clearly weren't meant for a 1v1 scenario, with that being stated, I honestly can't understand why STS isn't more concerned with improving the current PVP systems before trying to implement yet another flawed PVP system...

Alhuntrazeck
08-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks so much STS!

Regarding the 1v1 room - I'm afraid there'll be lots of balancing issues here, and I'd suggest making changes just for this map alone which does not apply to ctf and tdm; for this, I'd suggest a test server for this map alone with everyone having max gear so you can hear our suggestions before it comes live!

oekeone
08-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Thank you sts for all your hard work on these games and making me un-bored in school when I have that boring teacher in math class thank you thank you and tomorrow my birthday ima turn 15!!!!!!!

KnowledgeFTW
08-13-2015, 09:01 PM
For the 1 v 1 room, to prevent dummy farming
Every kill your get dosen't count in you KDR
This will hopefully hope prevent dummy farming and playing PvP without worrying about your KDR

coldheart
08-13-2015, 09:06 PM
Lol instead of just looking at the negative of this just point out both good and bad, here you can test ur skills without getting interrupted, you wont get ganged etc. etc. One negative point, dummy users will surely have it easier now, but that can be avoided somehow surely

So easy..make this new mode dont add up to our KDR.Only for GLORY!Lol!

mondeng006
08-13-2015, 09:53 PM
Suggestion about the Pvp-1v1

Add timer. Like. After a fight a timer will show up to that player ( 1 hour ). So that dummy users can't farm.

Maarkus
08-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Thank you.
Please do not forget Class balance in PVE as at the moment the supposed 'map design' for class balance is not looking positive and the warrior class is still not efficient in PVE as other classes.
Numerous posts have been made regarding this and tons of suggestions and explainations why this is such yet i have noticed that no concrete replies have been made by the Dev's.
Thanks for reading.
Maarkus

Mewtuh
08-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Sounds good! :)

Zynzyn
08-13-2015, 10:05 PM
This is the most awesome producers letter in a long time because you just announced the dueling option thats coming. Thanks G-M!

Yes AL does feel more enjoyable now with all the beautiful new content, prompt bug fixes, modifications - its all more fun than it had been before way back in 2012-13. Looking forward to Halloween.:encouragement:

PS - Please dont make the duel room for guildies only- thats restrictive. And yes do add a death-kill ratio for dueling (it helps track our wins/losses ) but somehow maybe a timed immunity can prevent dummy users.

Wazakesy
08-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Greg...could we get some .IMGs or some development info on the PvP maps glinstone and so on? I think it's about time after ursoth that the elites are released, idk what happened to productor...

Imaganger
08-13-2015, 11:15 PM
Yay thank you STS! Can't wait to see the great things to come! Para gem 2.0? Hehe
Para jewel :P

Edward Coug
08-14-2015, 01:25 AM
Please take another look at the event weapons. Their procs are absurdly rare, and the eloia bows damage buff doesn't seem to apply to skill damage and DPS didn't get increased at all (refer to Jazzi's post for the full details). At this point, none of the weapons are worth using. They could all use some more love.

badawgs
08-14-2015, 01:47 AM
Yes better procs on the new weapons would be awesome!

Runel Joseph Ruiz
08-14-2015, 01:50 AM
well then ill be waiting for teaser friday

Madnex
08-14-2015, 01:58 AM
Looking forward to elites and Halloween event!

Well, everything except dueling room. It's s not really new content, it's just a convenience with many issues and complaints to come. Funny how everyone's suddenly concerned about dummy farming now; as if it's not 10 times easier to do it in ctf or as if sts hasn't said it's not a bannable offense or as if you don't see your lb guildees doing it every couple weeks to stay on.

Haligali
08-14-2015, 02:09 AM
I did wrote this already somewhere else, i write here again: make the 1-1 room cost energy, this will prevent dummy farmers a bit. Energy essence should drop continously, but remove the energy hud from top of the screen and move it into satchel.

I'm kinda curious what is your solution for warrior 1-1, no horn of renew allowed if both player warrior in 1-1 room?

Oezheasate
08-14-2015, 05:41 AM
I did wrote this already somewhere else, i write here again: make the 1-1 room cost energy, this will prevent dummy farmers a bit. Energy essence should drop continously, but remove the energy hud from top of the screen and move it into satchel.

I'm kinda curious what is your solution for warrior 1-1, no horn of renew allowed if both player warrior in 1-1 room?

Meh leave it or not most tanks in pvp are those that haven't realized that they've got nothing to do in pvp so I farm most of em with or without heal doesn't matter.

Titanium
08-14-2015, 06:29 AM
Regarding 1v1

After each duel we should fight a different opponent.

Gladius
08-14-2015, 06:39 AM
An ancient orc king? who went to sleep? and he approach of halloween event the biggest of the AL events....

.. I sense stories coming about

drakesaber
08-14-2015, 06:43 AM
Finnaly there's will be one on one pvp that's what i wanted since 2013 now it finnaly will come.Can't wait

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

vawaid
08-14-2015, 06:48 AM
dont make comeback for necropolis, we need fresh theme

sent by a nab using tapasucks

Eldorado
08-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Remove the pvp counter. It can be exploited and it serves no purpose at all. Plus it can reduce drama on pvp a lot and will make the game run faster.

Luckygirls
08-14-2015, 07:30 AM
Woahh..duel 1 vs 1 in town

That will be awesome cool

Disproves
08-14-2015, 07:52 AM
OMFG 1v1 finally!!!!!!!

Ye we will be using this a lot xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan Tupas
08-14-2015, 10:24 AM
hope sts will put a command which clear trash in inventory with one click XD sometimes its hard to clean inventory one by one takes me forever just to clean my inventory after a long hard run from km3 and invetory expansion from 500 to 750 :))

G-M
08-14-2015, 11:11 AM
The duels will be by invite so you can challenge any player to a duel and that player can accept or decline. We won't randomly match you up with someone who may or may not way out-gear you.

Regarding dummy farming we're not planning to have a leaderboard for duels. Duel wins and losses will be tracked and you'll be able to view those stats.

Visiting
08-14-2015, 11:21 AM
The duels will be by invite so you can challenge any player to a duel and that player can accept or decline. We won't randomly match you up with someone who may or may not way out-gear you.

Regarding dummy farming we're not planning to have a leaderboard for duels. Duel wins and losses will be tracked and you'll be able to view those stats.
Any news on fixes for the current PVP systems?

Paok
08-14-2015, 11:35 AM
OMFG 1v1 finally!!!!!!!

+1 princess.....

reiewaun
08-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Aweeeeesommeeee best update we ever had since log time, respect to sts for listening the.community

Verypopular
08-15-2015, 04:08 AM
Thanks STS, finally 1vs1 !!

David Flores
08-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Thank You!!
Finally Halloween event...and the duel system oh...i just cant wait...
and whats that "rewards of mythic propotions"??mythic items?? if yes im very happy beacuse i finally can be a bit strong

David Flores
08-15-2015, 11:51 AM

so theres no rewards?

Mrbabaero
08-15-2015, 04:44 PM
the best!!! woooooooooooot :encouragement:

Wazakesy
08-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Make sure the pvp system balances other classes's stats too.

Ellssa
08-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Really great work, ty STS

bhupeshkansal
08-16-2015, 12:41 AM
Dummy user days? -,-, hop sts'll make time limit or kills limit , who wins 3 in a row should b winner, to reduce effect of dummy farmers

Gavin Wynn
08-16-2015, 01:17 AM
They need get new update on guild versus guild, and make it easier to make money from kills, and instead of buying guildhall with just platinum also with coins and it hard making money, wish I didnt have to worry about 3, 000 coin.

Andrei Richea
08-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Im so excited :)

epicrrr
08-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Northal awakening new season?

Dimitrian
08-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Northal awakening new season?
Lol,this season is just a month old,why a new one so early?

azacaanah
08-17-2015, 04:29 AM
A duel YAY!

konafez
08-17-2015, 05:49 AM
As for the PvP..meh ,I told my guildies " don't invite me to PvP..I will use breeze,gang you, come to your house and unplug your router and kill you wile your lagged" but bring on Halloween event! *dresses Grimm up and gives him trick or treat bag* ..OK we're ready!

I'm still holding out for the cake vendor...

Dex Scene
08-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Guild clash arena would be a great idea too, if its not too much to ask.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

DK
08-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Wohoo, sound so great :D

Methalica
08-17-2015, 10:22 PM
New mythic quest -_-" it's a very very long Quest.. Hope more higher Chance's to get Insigna its very expensive and rarely chance to drop not good at all :'(

Ice
08-18-2015, 02:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

Does it feel to you like Arcane Legends is a whole new game these days? It sure feels that way to me. It's been so much fun to play the game and read your feedback on the Rebuilding of Garetta, the Ren'gol expansion, and Ursoth's Assault over the past seven weeks. Today our game is stronger than ever and it's all thanks to you.

With Ren'gol released and Ursoth well underway you're probably wondering what's next. Well wonder no more!

Coming next month:
• Ren'gol Elite dungeons: Arriving hot on the heels of Ursoth these new dungeons will give you a chance to prove your skills to earn rewards of mythic proportions.
• The King Awakens: Something is stirring. What could it be? Legends speak of Northal, an ancient Orc warrior king who will soon rise from his eternal slumber. Will you be there to greet him when he wakes up?

…and beyond:
• Halloween: We're already hard at work on one of our biggest events of the year. We're putting some fresh new twists on the formula and adding new pets, bosses, and gear. Stay tuned for more on this in the coming weeks!

Last but not least, thank you for being the best community a game developer could ask for. Your ideas, encouragement, and yes even criticism drive us forward day after day.

G-M

Please work on the rest of my Ideas...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?255104-New-PVP-System

We also need a new map or system of 5-5...

diimitrii
08-18-2015, 08:26 AM
Dummy user days? -,-, hop sts'll make time limit or kills limit , who wins 3 in a row should b winner, to reduce effect of dummy farmers
Thats what i have been worrying about to. It's a great idea but people would do dummy farming like a pro xD . btw is this a new kdr counter like ctf and tdm..i mean in your stats page in the corner and also new aps or not?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk

bhupeshkansal
08-18-2015, 09:52 AM
APS For this won't make NY diff though, BT if leader bord for this new PvP style is there that'll b kinda uhh can't imagine d situation horrible

Sent from my Lenovo A3000-H using Tapatalk

Xdumbx
08-18-2015, 10:52 AM
hi everyone,

does it feel to you like arcane legends is a whole new game these days? It sure feels that way to me. It's been so much fun to play the game and read your feedback on the rebuilding of garetta, the ren'gol expansion, and ursoth's assault over the past seven weeks. Today our game is stronger than ever and it's all thanks to you.

With ren'gol released and ursoth well underway you're probably wondering what's next. Well wonder no more!

Coming next month:
• ren'gol elite dungeons: Arriving hot on the heels of ursoth these new dungeons will give you a chance to prove your skills to earn rewards of mythic proportions.
• the king awakens: Something is stirring. What could it be? Legends speak of northal, an ancient orc warrior king who will soon rise from his eternal slumber. Will you be there to greet him when he wakes up?

…and beyond:
• duels: A number of you have proposed this idea and we've been listening. We're hard at work on a new pvp mode that will allow you to test your might against your friends (or enemies) in one-on-one matches.
• halloween: We're already hard at work on one of our biggest events of the year. We're putting some fresh new twists on the formula and adding new pets, bosses, and gear. Stay tuned for more on this in the coming weeks!

G-m
finaly 1v1!!!!!!!! Thanks sts :*

Xdumbx
08-18-2015, 10:55 AM

So your one of thoughs mages who tell a warrior to vs with no heal, then u heal and u wont let the war heal -.-.

Xdumbx
08-18-2015, 10:57 AM

WOOOOOOOOOooOoooOooOOOOooOOOOOooOOOoOOOOOoooOOoooO OoooOoooOOoOOOOOOOOOOOooOoooOooOOOOooOOOOOooOOOoOO OOOoooOOoooOOoooOoooOOoOOOOOOOOOOOooOoooOooOOOOooO OOOOooOOOoOOOOOoooOOoooOOoooOoooOOoOOOOOOOOOOOooOo ooOooOOOOooOOOOOooOOOoOOOOOoooOOoooOOoooOoooOOoOOO OOOOOOOOooOoooOooOOOOooOOOOOooOOOoOOOOOoooOOoooOOo ooOoooOOoOOOOTT!!! thanks!!!

Zeus
08-18-2015, 11:21 AM
So your one of thoughs mages who tell a warrior to vs with no heal, then u heal and u wont let the war heal -.-.

No, he's just saying warrior vs shouldn't use heal (although I personally find that warrior vs warrior is a pointless way to find out who is a good warrior)..

Iove
08-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Duel 1vs1 *0*

Energizeric
08-19-2015, 12:51 PM

Any thought on the rating system I proposed in another thread a while back? We could call this a "duel rating" and there could indeed be a leaderboard for this as you cannot fool the rating system by farming dummies.

It could work like this:

1) Everyone starts with a Duel Rating of 1.

2) When you kill another player, your Duel Rating increases by 1 point multiplied by the kill/death ratio (duel stats only) of the player you killed.

3) When you are killed by another player, your Duel Rating decreases by half of the points that your opponent's Duel Rating increased. So if you are killed, your Duel Rating decreases by 0.5 points multiplied by your own kill/death ratio (duel stats only).

4) No player's Duel Rating can ever drop below zero.

5) You can only challenge players to a duel who are your own level, or one level higher or lower than you.

So if you kill a player with a positive KDR, you gain real points, where as if you kill a player with a very poor KDR you only gain a small fraction of a point. Then if you are killed by another player, you lose half of the point total that the player who beat you gains. This way the point total of your average player will continue to grow since a kill gives more points than a death loses. So the amount of participation will factor into your point total as will the quality of the opponents you beat.

Then you can have a leaderboard and banners for the top 25 Duel Ratings.

If you are someone with a good rating, then people will always want to challenge you to a duel since they can gain significant points from beating you. On the other hand, if you have bad gear and a low Duel Rating, then nobody will bother you much and you won't have to worry about being picked on by better geared players since they will have little to gain by beating you.

Without any leaderboard for duels, and since other players cannot watch, it is not going to interesting to anyone except those who want to practice PvP. Adding a leaderboard will make it much more interesting.

G-M
08-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Thanks Energizeric. Your system is great and very well thought out. Do you think you'd need two modes: ranked and unranked? Would you want to be able to practice against friends without impacting your Duel Rating?

Bomm
08-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Thanks Energizeric. Your system is great and very well thought out. Do you think you'd need two modes: ranked and unranked? Would you want to be able to practice against friends without impacting your Duel Rating?

That would be awsome if there could be a unranked mode, where you can fight vs frinds just for fun without worring about a bad k/d and you can also train or test different skills.

Tyler Keown
08-20-2015, 08:14 PM
What happens to navinex do they no longer support arcane legends??????? There platinum offers always worked!

Energizeric
08-20-2015, 10:41 PM

Actually yes, that would be a great idea.

Here's an idea for that: If 2 players are in a party together and they duel, then it will be an unranked practice duel. If you are not in a party together, then it will be ranked.

I suggest this because it would be an easy way to tell the difference, and when you are dueling your friends, you tend to party each other so you can see each other's health. But when you are dueling a stranger, you would not want to do that anyway.

Kingumar
08-21-2015, 08:51 PM
You should update the loading screen the background on your character screen and stable

Instanthumor
08-22-2015, 04:31 AM
Duels ???????

Novyaj Zeanreh
08-22-2015, 04:35 AM
Can we have NEW GEMS plat tier please:)

Krem
08-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Im glad that a duel arena is finally being implemented, no more nasty gangers :)

Sent from my E270BSA using Tapatalk

Oursizes
08-22-2015, 06:23 PM
You should update the loading screen the background on your character screen and stable

These things are petty issues compared to the new bonuses of the mythic sets and such.

eugene9707
08-23-2015, 05:42 PM

it would be cool if we can enter unranked dual room from guild hall (maybe another guild extension ?), and anyone in guild can the room to practice.

Energizeric
08-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Just thought of another thing that should be added to duels.... a timer. There's no need for a timer when doing practice duels, but duels that will affect your rating need a timer. Often times warrior vs. warrior battles could end in a stalemate, as do many 1 vs 1 battles among twinks.

Yesterday I did a 1 on 1 battle with my level 10 sorcerer against a level 10 warrior, and it went on forever until we both finally laughed and stopped fighting. If there was no timer in a duel, then it would be a waiting game to see whoever quits first, which would not be fun. So I propose a 2 minute timer for each duel. If after 2 minutes nobody has won, it is likely nobody will ever win.

Also, has there been any discussion about how many rounds? Is it just one fight and then done? Or the best of 3? It would be a pain if every time the fight was over, you had to re-enter the duel again.

Spacetime Or Lol
08-25-2015, 10:59 AM
ahhhh... Finally... no one to steal kills from 1 v 1 or they butt into it.... whew... ty STS

This event I did well... but I'm sitting in da gh in the torch burning the elondrian druid flag if you know what I mean...
I expect bette in the halloween event.. thx

Dreangel_AL
08-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Yussss hypeeeee and yay free mythic lol

notfaded1
08-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

Coming next month:

…and beyond:

G-M

I appreciate that even criticism is understood. Also nothing is "free."

Also not that it matters to me much but if 1v1 takes that long make it one and done.

Truthfully though if pve is only 3 maps in over a year and focus is on pvp... We've got a problem. Still no new elites?

Viobs
08-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Nice sts! Looking forward to 1v1 pvp mode and Halloween event ( hoping for para stone Or an even better one )
Please don't make plat tier a tltle or a vanity :(
We would want a item the could be useful :)!
And for gold tier pet pls make stats like nilbog but with extra crit or MANA regen

-FansOfViobs
#ibdrools

zerofort
08-26-2015, 01:17 AM
Notfaded they are coming out with elites soon also they seem 2 b suggesting there will be more maps to come there not bri gi g all content at one time

Dreangel_AL
08-26-2015, 06:36 AM
For the duel also can you add a Sparring? So the people who is doing bad can practice when they want. And during the duel can you add people spectating and wait for their turn? That's all for now but I might think of newer ones :)

G-M
08-26-2015, 02:28 PM
I appreciate that even criticism is understood. Also nothing is "free."

Also not that it matters to me much but if 1v1 takes that long make it one and done.

Truthfully though if pve is only 3 maps in over a year and focus is on pvp... We've got a problem. Still no new elites?

Notfaded elites are coming this week. Tomorrow in fact! Then after that King Northal wakes up. This is a really cool new event unlike anything we've done before. Hope you like it!

Thrindal
08-26-2015, 02:37 PM
Notfaded elites are coming this week. Tomorrow in fact! Then after that King Northal wakes up. This is a really cool new event unlike anything we've done before. Hope you like it!

Nice tease... Interested in this King Northal, if it helps improve my character I'm all for it! If it's a LB chase like Gauntlet, no thanks.

Dimitrian
08-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Please,powerful G-M tell me that you will release at least one more map!

epicrrr
08-26-2015, 03:07 PM

Regarding duel, as is all things with record theres a big chance that duelling will be exploited. No to LB banner.

Avaree
08-26-2015, 03:15 PM

Any more hints on the King's awakening event?

Dimitrian
08-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Any more hints on the King's awakening event?
I fear that you will have to wait until Friday.

Dimitrian
08-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Please,powerful G-M tell me that you will release at least one more map!
I see that this is the 100th post \(*_*)/

I think i deserve a prize :3
How about some early spoilers about Northal?

P.S.: Avikk...hehe...

Pyrogenie
08-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Regarding duel, as is all things with record theres a big chance that duelling will be exploited. No to LB banner.

Just hold your horses, this could be a huge opportunity to have a lb that can't be exploited and would actually reflect the good pvp players and gives the chance to anyone who chooses to put the time and work in to be on it. That part is very interesting to me. I like everything energizeric has suggested thus far and I really hope a ranked-unranked lb or some form of lb system could be implemented. Regarding the exploits for lb advantage, I suggest what energizeric suggested with no gains by killing a lower rank, meaning you must duel many times to establish a good rank and your rank grows thus you must keep versing a player with a better rank to gain any rank advantage. For example: player 1 and player 2 start with a rank of 0, player 1 kills player 2 and gains 10 rank points. If player 1 kills player 2 again, he gains only 1 rank point because player 2 has a rank of 0, then if player 2 kills player 1 where he has 0 rank points and player 1 has 11 rank points he gains the 10 rank points + a percentage of the amount of rank points the higher ranked player has he has just killed and player 1 looses said percentage depending on how much lower the rank points are of the lower ranked person who just killed you. Now let's fast forward 3 months after deuls are introduced, there are 25 players on a lb system. The 25 players gain very little by means of having a top 25 rank whereas a low ranked player say even someone new to Arcane Legends can gain massive because of there low rank. This levels the playing field and anyone even someone new to the game has a chance to be on said lb and dummy farmers are out of the picture soon to be surpassed by even a new player that has put the time and work in.

Ravager
08-26-2015, 05:42 PM

Just hold your horses, this could be a huge opportunity to have a lb that can't be exploited and would actually reflect the good pvp players and gives the chance to anyone who chooses to put the time and work in to be on it. That part is very interesting to me. I like everything energizeric has suggested thus far and I really hope a ranked-unranked lb or some form of lb system could be implemented. Regarding the exploits for lb advantage, I suggest what energizeric suggested with no gains by killing a lower rank, meaning you must duel many times to establish a good rank and your rank grows thus you must keep versing a player with a better rank to gain any rank advantage. For example: player 1 and player 2 start with a rank of 0, player 1 kills player 2 and gains 10 rank points. If player 1 kills player 2 again, he gains only 1 rank point because player 2 has a rank of 0, then if player 2 kills player 1 where he has 0 rank points and player 1 has 11 rank points he gains the 10 rank points + a percentage of the amount of rank points the higher ranked player has he has just killed and player 1 looses said percentage depending on how much lower the rank points are of the lower ranked person who just killed you. Now let's fast forward 3 months after deuls are introduced, there are 25 players on a lb system. The 25 players gain very little by means of having a top 25 rank whereas a low ranked player say even someone new to Arcane Legends can gain massive because of there low rank. This levels the playing field and anyone even someone new to the game has a chance to be on said lb and dummy farmers are out of the picture soon to be surpassed by even a new player that has put the time and work in.

Thats very similar how many modern fight games such as Street Fighter work. I would hope for a similar system as well.

Pyrogenie
08-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Also, we would have to ask would someone's duel ranking affect there overall rank on the current lb like achievement points and pve kills do?

Pyrogenie
08-26-2015, 05:59 PM

And for those who are planning to criticize this post I know why already. Say a player kills a dummy and now has 20k rank points and is in top 25, for every dummy kill he gained 1 rank point. Therefore he killed the dummy 20k times. Sounds easy enough to dummy farm a great rank right? A new player gained the same rank by legitimately playing in 2k duels where it took you 20k duels. The legitimate player has dominated the dummy farmer in a fraction of the time.

Ticklish
08-26-2015, 06:20 PM

Will we be able to loot some, if not all of the mythic crafting components if we aren't able to start the mythic quest yet?Current insignia drop rates and prices are not very pocket-friendly, and I know a lot of people don't want to or can't spend tons on a legendary set just so they could complete the orcslaying quest. Thank you!

Energizeric
08-26-2015, 06:50 PM
And for those who are planning to criticize this post I know why already. Say a player kills a dummy and now has 20k rank points and is in top 25, for every dummy kill he gained 1 rank point. Therefore he killed the dummy 20k times. Sounds easy enough to dummy farm a great rank right? A new player gained the same rank by legitimately playing in 2k duels where it took you 20k duels. The legitimate player has dominated the dummy farmer in a fraction of the time.

Read my original post and you will see it doesn't work like that. You get far less than a point for defeating a player with a low rating, and as that player's KDR gets lower and lower you get less and less all the way down to zero. So you can't use a dummy to farm kills as you will not even gain a single point before the net gain goes down to zero.

Rafael Silva
08-26-2015, 07:19 PM
it will be good

Pyrogenie
08-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Read my original post and you will see it doesn't work like that. You get far less than a point for defeating a player with a low rating, and as that player's KDR gets lower and lower you get less and less all the way down to zero. So you can't use a dummy to farm kills as you will not even gain a single point before the net gain goes down to zero.

Okay I see that now. So #1 ranked duelist could not increase rank by any means?. Or if they could, where would we draw the line? An X percentage less rank kill to gain a certian amount of rank and below the gain is 0? Or only killing players with a higher rank would gain this person rank?

Pyrogenie
08-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Also are we actually talking about a rank/rating or the traditional KDR system?

Energizeric
08-27-2015, 02:33 AM
Okay I see that now. So #1 ranked duelist could not increase rank by any means?. Or if they could, where would we draw the line? An X percentage less rank kill to gain a certian amount of rank and below the gain is 0? Or only killing players with a higher rank would gain this person rank?

You rating is increased based on the KDR of the player you defeat. So even if you are #1 ranked, beating a player with a positive KDR will still give you an increase of more than a point. But dummies that are used to farm have lots of deaths and no kills, so the increase from killing them would be zero. And even if you had a dummy that you gained some quick kills with first, once you killed that dummy a few times the KDR would drop below 1/1 and then the point increase would continue to drop for every death added to the death count.

Making a dummy to farm requires some effort, especially if you are at end game. So leveling up a dummy to farm just to gain a couple of kills would not be worth the time. The best way to increase your ranking would be to stay active and continue to battle other real players.

Energizeric
08-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Also are we actually talking about a rank/rating or the traditional KDR system?

Read post #79 in this thread and you will understand.

Earlingstad
08-27-2015, 03:41 AM
You rating is increased based on the KDR of the player you defeat. So even if you are #1 ranked, beating a player with a positive KDR will still give you an increase of more than a point. But dummies that are used to farm have lots of deaths and no kills, so the increase from killing them would be zero. And even if you had a dummy that you gained some quick kills with first, once you killed that dummy a few times the KDR would drop below 1/1 and then the point increase would continue to drop for every death added to the death count.

Making a dummy to farm requires some effort, especially if you are at end game. So leveling up a dummy to farm just to gain a couple of kills would not be worth the time. The best way to increase your ranking would be to stay active and continue to battle other real players.

I really like your suggestions on this thread Energizeric. But whats stopping a really desperate killfarmer from making a "good kdr dummy" by making this dummy kill more dummies? This ranking system could also be exploited.

Viobs
08-27-2015, 08:33 AM
BrING para back
And wc :P

Ulfric
08-27-2015, 09:17 AM

its true sometimes we need to have our own guild pvp room. being an officer in the guild we wished to train our members to be a better fighter and to do that we need a pvp room of our own. its really unfair only strong guild can open their room of their own as they can chase out the blockers. i would prefer a guild pvp room which is accesible from the guild hall instead of 1 vs 1. please sts if you are reading this.. we need guild pvp room more than 1 vs 1. hope you implement this soon.
but never the less i've never been so hooked in any other game like this and dota 2 which i have stopped playing after i start playing this game. ty for the coolest interactive game ever and you guys are amazing with all those events :)
arcane legends forever

kinzmet
08-27-2015, 11:38 AM

Looks like the Duel system I proposed :) nice!

Energizeric's idea was great! It would prevent those pesky dummy farmers. We could have "Leagues" according to duel ratings.
Normal league 0-500 duel rating
Rare league 501-1000 duel rating
Epic league 1001-3000 duel rating
Legendary 3001-10000 duel rating
Mythic 10001-30000 duel rating
Arcane 30001 and above duel rating

Also, a selection of duel. Energ's idea on being in a party would make the duel just a friendly match is great. My idea is make 2 selections.
Tap Player > Invite > Ranked Duel
and
Tap Player > Invite > Friendly Duel

Thanks

MissGoddess
08-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Yay for Halloween! I missed out on last year's event, so I'm really looking forward to this one! :D

Energizeric
08-27-2015, 03:56 PM
I really like your suggestions on this thread Energizeric. But whats stopping a really desperate killfarmer from making a "good kdr dummy" by making this dummy kill more dummies? This ranking system could also be exploited.

What you are talking about could be done, but it would take lots of work and time to do. Your time would be better spent just fighting actual real players.

Perhaps the solution to this is to cap the amount of points that can be gained from each single duel. I'm not sure what that amount should be, but it is something to think about.

There will obviously always be a way around every system, but if you make it more difficult and time consuming to do than just playing the game the proper way, then nobody is going to want to do it.

The way I designed this system is that kills get more points (double) than deaths lose. So even if you are an average player with a 1/1 KDR, you will continue to gain points the more you participate. I think the best use of your time to move up in rankings is just to continue to duel with real players.

Another things to think about is perhaps to limit the leaderboard to players over a certain level. It takes a ton of work to make a dummy to farm at level 46, and if you are going to make even other dummies for that dummy to farm, you are talking a lot of work to level all those characters up to 46. However if someone does PvP at level 3, it would take 5 minutes to create a dummy to farm. So perhaps a solution is to allow everyone to duel and everyone to have a duel rating, but limit the leaderboard to players over a certain level. Perhaps it should just be a leaderboard for end game.

Pyrogenie
08-28-2015, 07:04 PM

Hmm I see. Very well thought out. My fingers are crossed. I want to see this put into action.

Angeldevil
08-29-2015, 06:38 AM
^-^-^-^-^-^

dulc
08-29-2015, 09:56 AM
pvp zones finally one vs one :distracted:
goodbye to the monopoly of rich PvP guilds !!! yeah

Dimitrian
08-29-2015, 11:32 AM
pvp zones finally one vs one :distracted:
goodbye to the monopoly of rich PvP guilds !!! yeah
It will never end...
Do not underestimate the empty brain of a magnub.

Ebevauilo
09-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Can't wait for Halloween event

Ebevauilo
09-05-2015, 03:20 PM
When's next event?

Dimitrian
09-05-2015, 03:24 PM
When's next event?
When Northal wakes up.
Someone bring him an alarm clock i want to play!!!!!

afterllife
09-09-2015, 02:04 AM
Cant wait for event (:

yeldarbroz
09-15-2015, 02:50 PM

Yeah, it's simple. If they add another kdr for this new arena (which I think that they have to), then it will be obvious who is a dummy user. Anyone with no deaths and tons of kills or very low deaths and tons of kills will just be labeled as a dummy user. Those who truly are pro and get very low deaths might be labeled too, but that's ok imo bc it's not fair that pvp is only for those who can afford it. That's just my two cents ;)

Dimitrian
09-15-2015, 02:53 PM
Yeah, it's simple. If they add another kdr for this new arena (which I think that they have to), then it will be obvious who is a dummy user. Anyone with no deaths and tons of kills or very low deaths and tons of kills will just be labeled as a dummy user. Those who truly are pro and get very low deaths might be labeled too, but that's ok imo bc it's not fair that pvp is only for those who can afford it. That's just my two cents ;)
The time has come...for me to suggest the matchmaking system once more :D

hallowring
09-15-2015, 03:30 PM
awwwwweeesoooomesauce X3!!!

Ipaw
09-17-2015, 07:11 AM
finally! looking forward! :)

Lethoiun
09-23-2015, 12:28 AM
So glad you guys are making a duel pvp room